Yokozuna - Downtown
309 E 2nd St
Tulsa, OK 74120Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Yokozuna - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yokozunasushi.com/
- Phone: (918) 508-7676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Brent Pryor & Jin Baek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer sushi along with a full range of other cuisine styles from our parent company, The McNellie’s Group. Contact Tiffany from McNellie's Group Catering for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room holds parties from 20-45 people. Spending minimums are usually required for Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights & certain downtown event nights. Please email us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Martina 9185087676x
A word from Yokozuna - Downtown
Yokozuna is downtown Tulsa’s home for sushi, noodles, cocktails, & fun. Open ‘til midnight on Friday & Saturday. We offer discounted prices during "Sushi Happy Hour" M-F 3-6pm, Fri/Sat 10pm - Midnight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yokozuna - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Yokozuna - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (23)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)special occasion (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Stellar sushiTravelbaby84Dined on 11/15/2014The fish is very fresh. I had the chef's choice roll, and it was a little basic, but the accompanying sauce made it pop. Portions are large and plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itSammieDined on 11/9/2014So happy they are now open Sunday! We have PAC tickets and always have a group of 8-10 people looking for someplace downtown that takes reservation. This was perfect four our group of 9. Cole did a great job and the food was wobderfulSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphereDmanokDined on 11/2/2014Nice atmosphere, quality service, and good sushi. Parking has a little to be desired, but it's downtown tulsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whats the point of a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We made a reservation at 6:15 for two, we weren't seated until 6:30 and those just walking in after us were seated before us. I do not understand that whatsoever. It is beyond annoying and makes me think twice about going here.
- LoveDiningDined on 10/29/2014Sushi was awesome, but the Flaming Volcano Roll was unbelievable!!! Next time we are ordering 2 Flaming Volcano Rolls!!Special Features:
- Yokozuna in the Blue DomeMarthaMDined on 10/24/2014I was dining solo prior to an opera performance. I had the edamame, two sushi rolls and several pieces of nigiri sushi. The sushi was delicious-there are a good variety of creative rolls to choose from. I decided to have the Japanese ice cream for dessert, which was quite refreshing after the firey wasabi. I was fortunate to get a window table to enjoy the beautiful Tulsa skyline at dusk. Service was cordial and, for the most part, efficient, albeit inattentive at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and flavorfulHkbrysonDined on 10/23/2014Had a great time eating here before a show at Cains- my Thai green Curry with chicken was fabulous! The beef skewer appetizers were also very yummy! Our service was sort of lackluster; there were no problems but not a lot of engagement either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!KWheelerDined on 10/3/2014I work at In The Raw, but I would rather pay full price for yokozuna than half price for ITR. The sushi is flavorful, the staff is knowledgeable, and the atmosphere is really unique. The ahi ahi tacos are to die for! I definitely recommend yokozuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know its not really sushiMidTownerDined on 9/20/2014But man - it was bad. Tried a few specialty roles (El Guapo, Geisha's Demise). Both bad - especially the $13.00 El Crappo role. We had two pieces of it. Told the waitress it was bad, and she said something like, "yeah - it's not very good". Beer selection is limited. The best sushi I had was a basic yellow fin spicey role. Stick to the basics if you go there. Avoid the local Okie creations.
- Can't get enough Yokozuna!HuMJahDined on 9/13/2014Great service, great selection, very accommodating! My vegetarian friend who is allergic to seaweed & I shared their six vegetarian sushi rolls in soy paper and weren't the least bit disappointed! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent but not wowmedboyILVIPDined on 9/5/2014The rolls were decent but nothing over the top inventive. I'm comparing, for example, to Umi Sushi in Seattle...just out of this world. Still quite good, and the ambiance is nice. However, I felt the rolls were overpriced for the quality.
- Birthday Dinner!Zebra78Dined on 9/3/2014We had a party of 5 and reserved a table online for 5:30pm. As usual they were ready for us and we were able to sit down as soon as we arrived. We all enjoyed our sushi and the waitress surprised us with a dessert for my birthday! Very nice and delicious! Will definitely go back very soon!Special Features:
- September 28th visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My friend and I visited Yokozuna on Thursday September 28th we made a reservation for 6:15 but we made it earlier then we thought. We were worried we were going to have to wait but we got straight in there weren't many people there. It took some time to get our drinks but that is nothing compared to the food. We waited 45 minutes after we ordered to get our food. The waitress was apologetic but it didn't help us when we are rushing to get to the concert were attending in fact the opening act had already started by the time we got there. However I will say that the food was decent.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!NorgieDined on 8/25/2014Our group came to celebrate a birthday and we were not disappointed! Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBosshogDined on 8/22/2014Been here multiple times, love the food, consistently delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BedfordseDined on 8/16/2014This is the best sushi place in Tulsa I think. If I compared this to other sushi places in the country it's above average, but for this part of the country it's one of the best with a wide range of Asian inspired cuisine as well as sushi. Really nice sake selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green curry is amazingFoodEVIPDined on 7/26/2014Too much for me to eat by myself, but SO GOOD!!! And the hot mess roll is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't even get there!DisappointedwithparkingDined on 7/25/2014When the girl called to confirm our reservation, I asked specific questions about parking and ease of traffic due to a music festival going on at the same time. The girl was clearly uninformed! We couldn't even get close to the restauant!! She said they had " plenty of parking around them, it was never a problem" haha no! Not a single spot for 5 blocks - and that was 15$! I get it, big music festival. But just be honest, we would come a different day.
- The following 183 reviews are from the Yokozuna - Downtown reviews archive.
- Great options and foodDowntownerDined on 7/6/2014We brought in a group for dinner prior to going to a concert. Our food and drinks were very good, as always. I particularly like the wide variety of Asian genres on the menu. Yokozuna executes all styles very well in our experience. We sampled both a sushi roll and a Thai dish on this particular visit. Our only slight complaint is that our food took quite some time to come out, and we ended up being slightly rushed to get to our show despite allowing an hour and a half for dinner. Our servers could have done a better job communicating with us concerning the length of time our food was taking. I have dined at Yokozuna in the past and never waited so long with a moderate-sized group on a busy night. Other than that, service was great.Special Features:
- Best sushi I've ever had.KimfromTulsaDined on 7/5/2014Best sushi in all of Tulsa in my opinion. Actually the best sushi I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveSushiloverDined on 7/5/2014Yokozuna is one of my favorite restaurants!! They offer sushi and other Asian dishes for anyone from people who don't like to try new things to Philadelphia roll lovers to food for the very adventurous. A very popular dish there was sushi that came out on a flaming plate! I had the El Guapo which combines Tex-Mex with sushi and TOTALLY works. Definitely recommend to anyone for a fun night out with friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dewey's ReviewdksnightoutDined on 6/22/2014The service was excellent and the food was great. We really enjoyed the atmosphere of the renovated building.Special Features:
- Love eating here!Runnl8alwysDined on 5/30/2014Love this place! Eat here often and it's great everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Japanese in Oklahoma.EmilyDined on 5/27/2014It was a bit pricey for the quality of food we were served. Considering that we were in Oklahoma were sushi probably isn't common it's understandable. They do have a happy hour menu, I suggest go during that time if possible. Restaurant was nice looking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience.....JestulsaDined on 5/23/2014Hip and trendy, very attentive wait staff, great atmosphere, and delicious food. Sampled a bit of it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Euterpe135Dined on 5/21/2014We were in town for a concert and were looking for somewhere to eat close to the BOK center. This place is an easy walk from the BOK center, and the service was excellent. I made the reservation about an hour before we got there, but we were seated right away. The service was great, the drinks were good, and the food and dessert were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in town!ZoemariaDined on 5/16/2014The sushi is great and so is the environment! Everyone is so kind and helpful. We go at least once a month and have never had a bad experience. The drink list is also impressive and you have to get edamame as an appetizer it's great. I would recommend this place to anyone for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Not worth the money. They use only imitation crab meat in their sushi rolls. The pad thai at Pei Wei is superior & cheaper. The tofu was not even good. The best thing was the Blue Dome roll by far.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Enjoyed the experience very much. Great food and service, we will be backSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014This was my 3rd time to visit Yokozuna and have loved it every time! The only complaint I have, and this happened one of the other times, too, is that they didn't have my reservation. The last time this happened I had made the reservation through Open Table as well. They had even called to confirm with me earlier in the day and I called back and said we'd be there. I am unsure what happened. Fortunately, I showed them the email confirmation on my phone and they got a table ready for us within 5 minutes. The reservation was early, though, and I would hate to think how long we would have had to wait had it been an hour or so later. But, they were very friendly about it. Overall, the food and service were excellent, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for any type of soiree!bdaygal412Dined on 4/12/2014We celebrated my birthday in style while dining at Yokozuna. Our waitress was extremely friendly; she was very understanding when a drink was ordered, but not liked by the orderee, and quickly replaced it. She made my birthday dinner fun and everyone in the group enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Good job, Yokozuna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sush, Welcoming FolksmattystyDined on 4/8/2014Yokozuna has become a mainstay of my trips to Tulsa. The location is great, there's plenty of parking, and the sushi is fantastic. Best of all, though, is the fact that Yokozuna is self-aware enough to understand that it's a sushi restaurant in Oklahoma. The staff isn't judgy, and the menu is a good mix of simple and more complex rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiTravisDined on 4/8/2014I would highly recommend Yokozuna - great service, even better sushi and a neat little corner location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was not helpful orOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Server was not helpful or attentive. We sat for about 20 minutes after paying the bill and were not asked if we wanted a water refill. Basically ignored to the point that my company VP of Finance made the statement "I guess they want us to leave". This was not typical of my experience in the past but I had wanted to showcase a locally owned quality restaurant to my company's out-of- town executive and I was disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL EVENINGCAPTAINDined on 3/28/2014OVERALL, WE LOVED THE RESTAURANT AND THE FOOD. A BIT NOISY HOWEVER. WE WOULD RECOMMEND IT AND WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backBriannaDined on 3/22/2014Our time at yocozuma was okay. Nothing great. Our server never came to check on us and was upset he had to split checks for our group. The sushi was expensive for not much food at all. Most likely won't be back!Special Features:
- Sushi - first time!mariaDined on 3/16/2014Took my husband out for Sushi ... took me 4 years to get him to do this! & he loved it! Tempura Fried, El Guapo, & Philadelphia rolls are his favorite! We even had a side of Sumo Rice and it was the best we have ever had. The waitress did her job but was not friendly and did not have a smile at all. We had a couple join us for dinner and they liked the food but not the service. However, we will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely love this place, but..samanthaDined on 3/14/2014The sushi at Yokozuna is out of this world, but we have had several occasions that it takes the server a while to get the table to greet us and does not check back regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOKnurseDined on 3/13/2014Our Anniversary dinner at Yokozuna was great. Our waiter did not fill my water or ask if we wanted dessert however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceMooseDined on 3/12/2014Was entertaining an out of town business associate. My wife and I have visited Yokozuna a couple of times and thought that this would be a great place to take our guest. We like the downtown location and the ambiance of the restaurant. Of course the sushi is also a favorite of ours. The "Hot Mess" is our favorite. Drinks and food were great. Server was not as friendly. Pleasant but she could have benefited by smiling. She lacked enthusiasm about the menu when we asked for suggestions from both the drink and food menus. Overall it was a positive dining experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.