Yokozuna - Downtown
309 E 2nd St
Tulsa, OK 74120Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Yokozuna - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yokozunasushi.com/
- Phone: 9185087676x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Brent Pryor & Jin Baek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer sushi along with a full range of other cuisine styles from our parent company, The McNellie’s Group. Contact Tiffany from McNellie's Group Catering for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room holds parties from 20-45 people. Spending minimums are usually required for Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights & certain downtown event nights. Please email us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Martina 9185087676x
A word from Yokozuna - Downtown
Yokozuna is downtown Tulsa’s home for sushi, noodles, cocktails, & fun. Open ‘til midnight on Friday & Saturday. We offer discounted prices during "Sushi Happy Hour" M-F 3-6pm, Fri/Sat 10pm - Midnight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yokozuna - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Yokozuna - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (25)good for groups (19)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Can't get enough Yokozuna!HuMJahDined on 9/13/2014Great service, great selection, very accommodating! My vegetarian friend who is allergic to seaweed & I shared their six vegetarian sushi rolls in soy paper and weren't the least bit disappointed! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent but not wowmedboyILVIPDined on 9/5/2014The rolls were decent but nothing over the top inventive. I'm comparing, for example, to Umi Sushi in Seattle...just out of this world. Still quite good, and the ambiance is nice. However, I felt the rolls were overpriced for the quality.
- Birthday Dinner!Zebra78Dined on 9/3/2014We had a party of 5 and reserved a table online for 5:30pm. As usual they were ready for us and we were able to sit down as soon as we arrived. We all enjoyed our sushi and the waitress surprised us with a dessert for my birthday! Very nice and delicious! Will definitely go back very soon!Special Features:
- September 28th visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My friend and I visited Yokozuna on Thursday September 28th we made a reservation for 6:15 but we made it earlier then we thought. We were worried we were going to have to wait but we got straight in there weren't many people there. It took some time to get our drinks but that is nothing compared to the food. We waited 45 minutes after we ordered to get our food. The waitress was apologetic but it didn't help us when we are rushing to get to the concert were attending in fact the opening act had already started by the time we got there. However I will say that the food was decent.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!NorgieDined on 8/25/2014Our group came to celebrate a birthday and we were not disappointed! Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBosshogDined on 8/22/2014Been here multiple times, love the food, consistently delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BedfordseDined on 8/16/2014This is the best sushi place in Tulsa I think. If I compared this to other sushi places in the country it's above average, but for this part of the country it's one of the best with a wide range of Asian inspired cuisine as well as sushi. Really nice sake selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green curry is amazingFoodEVIPDined on 7/26/2014Too much for me to eat by myself, but SO GOOD!!! And the hot mess roll is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't even get there!DisappointedwithparkingDined on 7/25/2014When the girl called to confirm our reservation, I asked specific questions about parking and ease of traffic due to a music festival going on at the same time. The girl was clearly uninformed! We couldn't even get close to the restauant!! She said they had " plenty of parking around them, it was never a problem" haha no! Not a single spot for 5 blocks - and that was 15$! I get it, big music festival. But just be honest, we would come a different day.
- Great options and foodDowntownerDined on 7/6/2014We brought in a group for dinner prior to going to a concert. Our food and drinks were very good, as always. I particularly like the wide variety of Asian genres on the menu. Yokozuna executes all styles very well in our experience. We sampled both a sushi roll and a Thai dish on this particular visit. Our only slight complaint is that our food took quite some time to come out, and we ended up being slightly rushed to get to our show despite allowing an hour and a half for dinner. Our servers could have done a better job communicating with us concerning the length of time our food was taking. I have dined at Yokozuna in the past and never waited so long with a moderate-sized group on a busy night. Other than that, service was great.Special Features:
- Best sushi I've ever had.KimfromTulsaDined on 7/5/2014Best sushi in all of Tulsa in my opinion. Actually the best sushi I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveSushiloverDined on 7/5/2014Yokozuna is one of my favorite restaurants!! They offer sushi and other Asian dishes for anyone from people who don't like to try new things to Philadelphia roll lovers to food for the very adventurous. A very popular dish there was sushi that came out on a flaming plate! I had the El Guapo which combines Tex-Mex with sushi and TOTALLY works. Definitely recommend to anyone for a fun night out with friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dewey's ReviewdksnightoutDined on 6/22/2014The service was excellent and the food was great. We really enjoyed the atmosphere of the renovated building.Special Features:
- Love eating here!Runnl8alwysDined on 5/30/2014Love this place! Eat here often and it's great everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Japanese in Oklahoma.EmilyDined on 5/27/2014It was a bit pricey for the quality of food we were served. Considering that we were in Oklahoma were sushi probably isn't common it's understandable. They do have a happy hour menu, I suggest go during that time if possible. Restaurant was nice looking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience.....JestulsaDined on 5/23/2014Hip and trendy, very attentive wait staff, great atmosphere, and delicious food. Sampled a bit of it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Euterpe135Dined on 5/21/2014We were in town for a concert and were looking for somewhere to eat close to the BOK center. This place is an easy walk from the BOK center, and the service was excellent. I made the reservation about an hour before we got there, but we were seated right away. The service was great, the drinks were good, and the food and dessert were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Yokozuna - Downtown reviews archive.
- Best sushi in town!ZoemariaDined on 5/16/2014The sushi is great and so is the environment! Everyone is so kind and helpful. We go at least once a month and have never had a bad experience. The drink list is also impressive and you have to get edamame as an appetizer it's great. I would recommend this place to anyone for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Not worth the money. They use only imitation crab meat in their sushi rolls. The pad thai at Pei Wei is superior & cheaper. The tofu was not even good. The best thing was the Blue Dome roll by far.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Enjoyed the experience very much. Great food and service, we will be backSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014This was my 3rd time to visit Yokozuna and have loved it every time! The only complaint I have, and this happened one of the other times, too, is that they didn't have my reservation. The last time this happened I had made the reservation through Open Table as well. They had even called to confirm with me earlier in the day and I called back and said we'd be there. I am unsure what happened. Fortunately, I showed them the email confirmation on my phone and they got a table ready for us within 5 minutes. The reservation was early, though, and I would hate to think how long we would have had to wait had it been an hour or so later. But, they were very friendly about it. Overall, the food and service were excellent, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for any type of soiree!bdaygal412Dined on 4/12/2014We celebrated my birthday in style while dining at Yokozuna. Our waitress was extremely friendly; she was very understanding when a drink was ordered, but not liked by the orderee, and quickly replaced it. She made my birthday dinner fun and everyone in the group enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Good job, Yokozuna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sush, Welcoming FolksmattystyDined on 4/8/2014Yokozuna has become a mainstay of my trips to Tulsa. The location is great, there's plenty of parking, and the sushi is fantastic. Best of all, though, is the fact that Yokozuna is self-aware enough to understand that it's a sushi restaurant in Oklahoma. The staff isn't judgy, and the menu is a good mix of simple and more complex rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiTravisDined on 4/8/2014I would highly recommend Yokozuna - great service, even better sushi and a neat little corner location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was not helpful orOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Server was not helpful or attentive. We sat for about 20 minutes after paying the bill and were not asked if we wanted a water refill. Basically ignored to the point that my company VP of Finance made the statement "I guess they want us to leave". This was not typical of my experience in the past but I had wanted to showcase a locally owned quality restaurant to my company's out-of- town executive and I was disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL EVENINGCAPTAINDined on 3/28/2014OVERALL, WE LOVED THE RESTAURANT AND THE FOOD. A BIT NOISY HOWEVER. WE WOULD RECOMMEND IT AND WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backBriannaDined on 3/22/2014Our time at yocozuma was okay. Nothing great. Our server never came to check on us and was upset he had to split checks for our group. The sushi was expensive for not much food at all. Most likely won't be back!Special Features:
- Sushi - first time!mariaDined on 3/16/2014Took my husband out for Sushi ... took me 4 years to get him to do this! & he loved it! Tempura Fried, El Guapo, & Philadelphia rolls are his favorite! We even had a side of Sumo Rice and it was the best we have ever had. The waitress did her job but was not friendly and did not have a smile at all. We had a couple join us for dinner and they liked the food but not the service. However, we will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely love this place, but..samanthaDined on 3/14/2014The sushi at Yokozuna is out of this world, but we have had several occasions that it takes the server a while to get the table to greet us and does not check back regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOKnurseDined on 3/13/2014Our Anniversary dinner at Yokozuna was great. Our waiter did not fill my water or ask if we wanted dessert however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceMooseDined on 3/12/2014Was entertaining an out of town business associate. My wife and I have visited Yokozuna a couple of times and thought that this would be a great place to take our guest. We like the downtown location and the ambiance of the restaurant. Of course the sushi is also a favorite of ours. The "Hot Mess" is our favorite. Drinks and food were great. Server was not as friendly. Pleasant but she could have benefited by smiling. She lacked enthusiasm about the menu when we asked for suggestions from both the drink and food menus. Overall it was a positive dining experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love this placeweluvsushiDined on 3/7/2014Every time we eat at here we have a great experience. We are on the VIP list and they treat as such. We come alone or with friends and no matter what it is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnersushiloverDined on 3/1/2014The food of course was amazing however, the service was lacking this time. I'm sure it was a busy night being Saturday and we could tell she was over it but there's no excuse to come off irritated and no excuse to be there for over 2 hours for dinner. Our reservation was for 9:30 and didn't leave until 11:45. Being a former server I understand the frustrations of being at work late but customer service is what you sign up for. Wear a smile and remember you're making money the longer that you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good; ambiance not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014Food was very good. However, restaurant was very loud and the tables are too close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service/Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014I wasn't expecting a great brunch from a Sushi Place.. but the grits and eggs benedict were AMAZING! We had a wonderful server and on a Sunday at 11am... we didn't have to fight the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful yet RefinedcivilianDined on 2/15/2014I highly recommend Yokozuna for there excellent creations along with an enjoyable atmosphere when it comes to eating out! Not only was the food properly prepared with exceptional flavor, but our Waiter was informative and prioritized his duties/resposibilities to fit our tables needs. My guests were comfortable within the restaurant walls and were able to attain a very pleasurable experience! The variety of dishes offer a wonderful meal to fit almost anyone's fancy. Don't miss out on a chance to experience Yokozuna's food, sake, and Import beers. The place is clean, organized and customer friendly. May your future visits be just as fulfilling as mine. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Val-Day 01475NorthDined on 2/14/2014Good food, amvience & service. Was expecting a little more in the way of a valentines day setting.Special Features:
- AmazingJariaDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to Yokozuma. We made a reservation online, and we were seated right away. Service was great. Server was friendly, she knew the menu and was able to give suggestions about different dishes. She also knew the drinks and was able to give suggestions based on the type of drink each of us desired. Very modern ambience, beautiful decor. We will be back soon! Friendly tip: go during happy hour, they have great deals!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double Date Dynamite!HuMJahDined on 2/7/2014Making reservations is definitely the way to go. Walking in the door and seeing people waiting to be seated is enough to make anyone pause, even more so if you have tickets to a show later (we did). But our table was ready and waiting, our server was prompt to take our order, and the food arrived quickly. Our PuPu Platter for 2 had more than enough food for 4 people and then some. Our server was very good about keeping our drinks filled and being attentive to our needs (one of our companions picked around something on her plate; when boxing the dish, the server was mindful to omit that from the box).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time toNJoy1Dined on 2/1/2014This was our first time to Yokozuna and we enjoyed it. Initially, we made reservations for 8:00 pm because the 7:00 pm slot was filled up. Yokozuna called us back and was able to accommodate our 7pm reservation preference. There was only a 10 minute wait once we got there. The food was great. My daughter ordered a curry dish; my husband ordered a spicy chicken and I ordered fish tacos. All was delicious and we had leftovers. We agreed that we would be back again to try other dishes and dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.