Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi
300 South Lenola Road
Maple Shade, NJ 08052Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yokohamacuisine.com/
- Phone: (856) 608-8812
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Hibachi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Cindy Chan-Sze
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi
As one of New Jersey's finest Asian dining establishments, Yokohama Japanese Restaurant provides an exciting menu and a wonderful atmosphere in which to enjoy it. For more than 15 years Yokohama owner Cindy Chan-Sze has proudly served quality Asian cuisine in Burlington County and has grown intimate with the food and people of South Jersey. Her son Kenneth Sze, now part owner, has come to bring inspiration and creative Japanese cuisines to Yokohama. Kenneth, having supported of all his mom's restaurants, has been vital part of Cindy's lifelong achievements and has come back to his long life devotion to food that brings flare to the tables of Yokohama. Though it's their vision of a Japanese restaurant inviting both tradition and new ideas that shapes Yokohama, it's the customers and dedicated staff that breathe life into it. Our experienced cooks, skilled sushi chefs, and friendly waitresses bring out the love and passion of our food. All that's left is for you to experience it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi - Best Restaurants in Maple Shade ›
Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Never anything less than greatMarieBDined on 11/8/2014We eat here often - usually for sushi. We recently dine here with friends and went to the hibachi table - what a blast!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum and funSox53Dined on 10/26/2014A great hibachi restaurant. The service was excellent, and our chef was fun and entertaining. He involved everyone and made our dinner so much fun. And all our meals were delicious from my grilled shrimp to sushi. The food was cooked to order perfectly. The chef and staff were very accommodating. I would recommend Yokohama highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but be cautious booking on OTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and a lot of fun....But....they tried to cancel my reservation booked on open table because they were busy and I didn't specify Sushi or Habachi. There is no setting on Open Table to choose which one. They called me the day of the reservation and gave me a hard time about it. This was for my wife's birthday and we had a large party of 9. If I could have cancelled and gotten reservations elsewhere I would have based on the attitude I got from the person that called. It's a shame because other than this, we had a great time.Special Features:
- TCFoodie727Dined on 9/30/2014Went here this week for my father's Birthday dinner with the family, our chef was amazing and had us doubled over laughing the entire time! Food was excellent. Would definitely go here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was funtinabaneeDined on 9/25/2014The hostess looked absolutely horrified to see us. We are a middle class black African American family visiting from Atlanta. The server was efficient but not very friendly. The chef was amazing and fun. I was with my elderly in-laws and they were a tough crowd, but he managed to make them laugh. It was an overall good experience.Special Features:
- It's a WinnerCharlieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Been going here off and on since Yokohama opened, probably now around 10 years ago. Several years ago Cindy - the owner - took a real chance and poured a lot of money into her establishment, totally remodeling, adding a Hibachi room and a bar. It is really a nice atmosphere and the food and service have remained top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food, amazing service. Super fast for lunch!Special Features:
- The chicken was terrible!FoodDined on 9/2/2014The atmosphere was relaxing, and calm. I would say don't try the chicken, it was tough and nasty!Special Features:
- One of our top 10claudifferDined on 8/31/2014Great food, friendly staff, excellent service, used groupon.. give it a trySpecial Features:
- Sushi!!!!Dineof10Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at Yokohama and it was wonderful. We went for the sushi and were not disappointed. It was magnificent! Our server, Han, was wonderful taking care of our every need. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good sushi. Their selection of sake is also quite good and the will warm it for you as needed. Definitely a great find. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDoedyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Best Hibachi Around! Never had a made meal here, service is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!mqqw10VIPDined on 8/9/2014Many different sushi list wow! Beautiful Japanese room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi reviews archive.
- MarvelousclaudifferDined on 7/26/2014such a nice surprise. Food is well prepared, fresh and delicious. Give it a trySpecial Features:
- Always amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Always the freshest ingredients used to make delicious and unique sushi specialty rolls. Don't miss a chance to enjoy a great meal at this wonderful find in maple shade.Special Features:
- Tops!HawwisonVIPDined on 7/12/2014The best hibachi in this area, for sure. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceShannonDined on 7/6/2014The ambiance is great here. You could go as a group or a couple. I brought my 5 year old who had a great time. The chef was very funny and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great hibachi- outstanding sushiuke999Dined on 7/6/2014been here about 3x in the last year- 2x for hibachi and once for table dining. each time was excellent, great staff, great food, fun hibachi chefs. they are really nice to the kids- they bring out the kids chopsticks without asking, one waitress was playing peek a book with my 18 month old daughter- they make you feel very welcome and wanting to come backSpecial Features:
- Fun time for allBadger93Dined on 6/24/2014Celebrated a graduation here. We had a great time, got rowdy with chef, who put on a great show. Food was delicious and fresh and very reasonably priced. Would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyandJakeDined on 6/22/2014Lots of fun! Our chef was very entertaining. The kids loved it. Good food and big portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuv2fondueDined on 6/21/2014What a great place! Good food, and the chefs and staff are fantastic!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was our second time at Yokohama ... and both times... WONDERFUL. Everyone in my party had such a fun time and the food was great.Special Features:
- great hibachimminDined on 6/18/2014Good for special occasion. Used a groupon so was a great deal. Excellent service and food was good. Chef very entertaining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and fun atmosphere!LumbertonDined on 6/8/2014We were a group of 5 out for a birthday celebration. It was our first visit and all of us said " we have to return". We enjoyed a mix of sushi and hibachi items. Everything was wonderful, and the hibachi chef was fun and entertaining. The ginger martini was refreshing and served well chilled.Special Features:
- Fun for kidsCoolbeansDined on 6/8/2014Kids had a great first time at the hibachi. Good food and not greasy.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good
- Hibachi ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The Hibachi Chef was very skilled and entertaining.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJenniferDined on 5/31/2014Took my family to celebrate my son's 14th birthday!Dinner and a show all in one!Service and food was great!We loved it and can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Spot!NSwaby1Dined on 5/31/2014Say the great reviews this place got so my family and I tried it out! What a winner food was amazing and staff was friendly and nice! My picky 6 and 3 year old ate all their good!!! Will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and show!StephenVIPDined on 5/29/2014I didn't have terribly high expectations of an Hibachi restaurant, but was, very pleasantly surprithe food was juicy and not cooked into submission. Chicken breasts were tender and juicy and the shrimp, scallops and lobster tail were still quite succulent. We also had some sushi and it as Our waitress was new, but was competent, personable and attentive. Our chef was exceedingly entertaining and appeared to genuinely enjoy his work. I will definitely return and have already recommended Yokohama to several very close friends!Special Features:
- YokohamaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014Great place for sushi! You can always find a new and exciting combination to try. Bar is good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi-bento boxesMMBINNJDined on 5/14/2014The real secret to this place is the masterful bartender (son). He is amazing! Ginger martini is amazing. I've never done hibachi- always do sushi side. This is the real deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for Sushimnf21Dined on 4/25/2014As always, Yokohama was fantastic. The sea bass and tuna sampler appetizers were a nice addition our normal favorites, which were also still delicious.Special Features:
- Always Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Truly one of my favorite go to restaurants. Food is delicious, staff is like family - they are so much fun and attentive. Great little bar and bartenders. Only wish they could expand their space, especially bar area.Special Features:
- AndreaLeeVIPDined on 4/12/2014Authentic Japanese food w/ a modern twist in a contemporary beautiful setting. Fresh sushi all beautifully presented with attentive, friendly wait staff. Full bar makes it a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Alot of FunSylviaDined on 4/12/2014There was a group of 8 of us that did the hibachi experience! We all thought the food we ordered was delicious. I ordered the filet and scallops. The scallops were a little under cooked at first but then the chef put them back on for a few minutes and they were awesome! We were very pleased with the service and ambiance! I have been to hibachi before but thought that the food here was not as salty as in my previous experiences at other hibachi restaurants! We will definitely be visiting this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Great PlaceFlyersFanVIPDined on 4/11/2014The sushi is incredibly fresh and tasty. My family loves to come here. The kids (5 and 3) love the Habachi grill and the chefs are so awesome with them. All the food is great, service is friendly and speedy most of the time but the place can get so busy on Friday or Saturday night that the service slows down. They are still friendly and the food is still always great so no big deal.Special Features:
- Delicious and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014The food was very, very good. We had a lot of fun with the hibachi chef. We had a very enjoyable time. We will certainly come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMNRADined on 3/22/2014Surprise in a strip mall. Beautiful interior with excellent bar and table service. Food was great too. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and Delish!TamGDined on 3/18/2014Absolutely welcoming bar entrance, with stunning water feature greets you. Warm cozy color scheme, friendly staff, delicious food makes the dinner experience one to remember. I absolutely loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yokohama RestaurantMitchDined on 3/15/2014Terrific food from their hibachi grill and great fresh, sushi and sashimi. I will definitely go back and try out some of the other menu items. While not a huge menu there is a lot there to pick from. Service was excellent and the place is attractively put together. I recommend them and suggest reservations on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.