Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi
300 South Lenola Road
Maple Shade, NJ 08052Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yokohamacuisine.com/
- Phone: 8566088812
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Hibachi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Cindy Chan-Sze
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi
As one of New Jersey's finest Asian dining establishments, Yokohama Japanese Restaurant provides an exciting menu and a wonderful atmosphere in which to enjoy it. For more than 15 years Yokohama owner Cindy Chan-Sze has proudly served quality Asian cuisine in Burlington County and has grown intimate with the food and people of South Jersey. Her son Kenneth Sze, now part owner, has come to bring inspiration and creative Japanese cuisines to Yokohama. Kenneth, having supported of all his mom's restaurants, has been vital part of Cindy's lifelong achievements and has come back to his long life devotion to food that brings flare to the tables of Yokohama. Though it's their vision of a Japanese restaurant inviting both tradition and new ideas that shapes Yokohama, it's the customers and dedicated staff that breathe life into it. Our experienced cooks, skilled sushi chefs, and friendly waitresses bring out the love and passion of our food. All that's left is for you to experience it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi - Best Restaurants in Maple Shade ›
Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (26)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)hot spot (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Sushi!!!!Dineof10Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at Yokohama and it was wonderful. We went for the sushi and were not disappointed. It was magnificent! Our server, Han, was wonderful taking care of our every need. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good sushi. Their selection of sake is also quite good and the will warm it for you as needed. Definitely a great find. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDoedyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Best Hibachi Around! Never had a made meal here, service is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!mqqw10Dined on 8/9/2014Many different sushi list wow! Beautiful Japanese room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousclaudifferDined on 7/26/2014such a nice surprise. Food is well prepared, fresh and delicious. Give it a trySpecial Features:
- Always amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Always the freshest ingredients used to make delicious and unique sushi specialty rolls. Don't miss a chance to enjoy a great meal at this wonderful find in maple shade.Special Features:
- Tops!HawwisonVIPDined on 7/12/2014The best hibachi in this area, for sure. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceShannonDined on 7/6/2014The ambiance is great here. You could go as a group or a couple. I brought my 5 year old who had a great time. The chef was very funny and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great hibachi- outstanding sushiuke999Dined on 7/6/2014been here about 3x in the last year- 2x for hibachi and once for table dining. each time was excellent, great staff, great food, fun hibachi chefs. they are really nice to the kids- they bring out the kids chopsticks without asking, one waitress was playing peek a book with my 18 month old daughter- they make you feel very welcome and wanting to come backSpecial Features:
- Fun time for allBadger93Dined on 6/24/2014Celebrated a graduation here. We had a great time, got rowdy with chef, who put on a great show. Food was delicious and fresh and very reasonably priced. Would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyandJakeDined on 6/22/2014Lots of fun! Our chef was very entertaining. The kids loved it. Good food and big portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuv2fondueDined on 6/21/2014What a great place! Good food, and the chefs and staff are fantastic!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was our second time at Yokohama ... and both times... WONDERFUL. Everyone in my party had such a fun time and the food was great.Special Features:
- great hibachimminDined on 6/18/2014Good for special occasion. Used a groupon so was a great deal. Excellent service and food was good. Chef very entertaining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and fun atmosphere!LumbertonDined on 6/8/2014We were a group of 5 out for a birthday celebration. It was our first visit and all of us said " we have to return". We enjoyed a mix of sushi and hibachi items. Everything was wonderful, and the hibachi chef was fun and entertaining. The ginger martini was refreshing and served well chilled.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good
- Hibachi ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The Hibachi Chef was very skilled and entertaining.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJenniferDined on 5/31/2014Took my family to celebrate my son's 14th birthday!Dinner and a show all in one!Service and food was great!We loved it and can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Spot!NSwaby1Dined on 5/31/2014Say the great reviews this place got so my family and I tried it out! What a winner food was amazing and staff was friendly and nice! My picky 6 and 3 year old ate all their good!!! Will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and show!StephenVIPDined on 5/29/2014I didn't have terribly high expectations of an Hibachi restaurant, but was, very pleasantly surprithe food was juicy and not cooked into submission. Chicken breasts were tender and juicy and the shrimp, scallops and lobster tail were still quite succulent. We also had some sushi and it as Our waitress was new, but was competent, personable and attentive. Our chef was exceedingly entertaining and appeared to genuinely enjoy his work. I will definitely return and have already recommended Yokohama to several very close friends!Special Features:
- YokohamaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014Great place for sushi! You can always find a new and exciting combination to try. Bar is good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi-bento boxesMMBINNJDined on 5/14/2014The real secret to this place is the masterful bartender (son). He is amazing! Ginger martini is amazing. I've never done hibachi- always do sushi side. This is the real deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Yokohama Sushi and Hibachi reviews archive.
- Favorite for Sushimnf21Dined on 4/25/2014As always, Yokohama was fantastic. The sea bass and tuna sampler appetizers were a nice addition our normal favorites, which were also still delicious.Special Features:
- Always Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Truly one of my favorite go to restaurants. Food is delicious, staff is like family - they are so much fun and attentive. Great little bar and bartenders. Only wish they could expand their space, especially bar area.Special Features:
- AndreaLeeDined on 4/12/2014Authentic Japanese food w/ a modern twist in a contemporary beautiful setting. Fresh sushi all beautifully presented with attentive, friendly wait staff. Full bar makes it a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Alot of FunSylviaDined on 4/12/2014There was a group of 8 of us that did the hibachi experience! We all thought the food we ordered was delicious. I ordered the filet and scallops. The scallops were a little under cooked at first but then the chef put them back on for a few minutes and they were awesome! We were very pleased with the service and ambiance! I have been to hibachi before but thought that the food here was not as salty as in my previous experiences at other hibachi restaurants! We will definitely be visiting this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Great PlaceFlyersFanVIPDined on 4/11/2014The sushi is incredibly fresh and tasty. My family loves to come here. The kids (5 and 3) love the Habachi grill and the chefs are so awesome with them. All the food is great, service is friendly and speedy most of the time but the place can get so busy on Friday or Saturday night that the service slows down. They are still friendly and the food is still always great so no big deal.Special Features:
- Delicious and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014The food was very, very good. We had a lot of fun with the hibachi chef. We had a very enjoyable time. We will certainly come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMNRADined on 3/22/2014Surprise in a strip mall. Beautiful interior with excellent bar and table service. Food was great too. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and Delish!TamGDined on 3/18/2014Absolutely welcoming bar entrance, with stunning water feature greets you. Warm cozy color scheme, friendly staff, delicious food makes the dinner experience one to remember. I absolutely loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yokohama RestaurantMitchDined on 3/15/2014Terrific food from their hibachi grill and great fresh, sushi and sashimi. I will definitely go back and try out some of the other menu items. While not a huge menu there is a lot there to pick from. Service was excellent and the place is attractively put together. I recommend them and suggest reservations on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have always had a positiveLindaDined on 3/14/2014I have always had a positive experience and enjoy this restaurant; however, it was so noisy and crowded on Friday that I felt that I had to eat and run. Very LOUD and hectic. Best it is better not to go to Yokahama on a Friday night. The food was not as good as usual either.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Twice in a WeekMikeVIPDined on 3/5/2014Daughter's new favorite restaurant. Nice that you can get either sushi or hibachi while sitting on the "sushi" side of the place. Nice that they have liquor license for warm sake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Saki More HappyPdugDined on 3/1/2014Everything about Yokohomas is Great! The food and the chef's show in the Hibachi room just can't be beat for a wonderful meal and a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest sushi aroundMikeVIPDined on 2/28/2014Crab and avacado roll best ever. Yellow tail and salmon sashimi great. Only gripe is not allowing seating until whole party present.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this PlaceKevinDined on 2/16/2014We have been going to Yokohama for years for the specialty rolls. In our eyes, they set the standard for all other rolls to be compared to. Our favorite specialty rolls on the menu include the Yokohama and New Island rolls which are out of this world delicious. Off the menu, the regulars like us know they can continue to request rolls that were a unique special at one point but are not found on the standard menu...our absolute secret favorite roll is the Sindy roll...it melts in your mouth...also the Tuna Dumpling appetizer WOW. The second reason why we visit is the exceptional staff...seating is quick and they provide an overall exceptional team effort and are very friendly. Jojo is the BEST! ..drop by, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby and I love this place!BeauzMomDined on 2/15/2014Found it on a road trip one day and we just fell in love with this restaurant. Good food, GREAT service and good prices we find ourselves driving any distance to get to it. Highly fecommended!Special Features:
- Birthday celebration8outDined on 2/10/2014The food, as always, was wonderful. We were a party of nine, including an 11 and 13 year old. It is a favorite place of theirs. Everyone, including the adults, was delighted by the presentation of the Hibachi chef. The birthday girl was given a dish of ice cream, including green tea flavor, with a candle on top. That was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YokohamaBiscuitDined on 2/8/2014Never dissapoints. Spicy Girl roll - amazing. Great hibachi room for fun with groups and also quiet dining room for regular table service. Great ambiance - once through the doors you completely forget it is in a shopping center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodKenzoJimDined on 1/31/2014You will never be disappointed. Very good restaurant in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDinnerDined on 1/19/2014Food was great. The place was ver cold, it was like they had the ac on in jan. I had to leave my jacket on the whole meal, and I am usually never cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.