260 N. Beverly Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yojisan.com/
- Phone: 4242453799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday -Friday 12:00 -3:00
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5:30-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Yoji Tajima
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yojisan
Yojisan Sushi deftly encompasses both the modern and the traditional with contemporary Japanese cuisine, situated behind a sleek façade on Beverly Drive. Created by well-known chef and restaurateur Giacomino Drago with his trusted partner, Chef Yoji Tajima, it promises the exacting standards present at sister restaurant SHU with some unique surprises in store.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yojisan reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Rather underwhelmingPonydocDined on 7/27/2014Dine LA enticed us to try a menu that was Japanese-Italian fusion, or so we thought. The salmon-salad was reasonably good - the lobster salad rather bland, and overwhelmed by the dressing. The sushi didn't seem all that fresh - salmon, tuna, bonita, etc., all tasted about the same, with a curiously soft consistency. The lychee panna cotta was runny and tasteless, but the green tea chocolate lava cake did perk things up at the end. The ambiance was pretty pedestrian and somewhat austere - mostly wooden benches with some bright pillows. Drink menu pretty underwhelming, too. Service was slow, even though the place was half full. Took 20 minutes to get the check. Certainly nothing special, and, even with Dine LA, not inexpensive.
- yummy fusionNomNomDined on 7/23/2014When I first arrived my reservation was ready for me right away, I loved that they take reservations so seriously,so many restaurants make you wait even with a reservation. We sat down and ordered the dine LA menu with the sushi and hand roll combo.My sushi tasted very fresh, my favorite was the hamachi. My least favorite was the salmon, the sesame and seaweed was too overpowering for the salmon. Fordessert we got the greentea lava cake with salted caramel gelato, which was fantastic. Overall the experiencewas great, though it was nothing too special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it-luv2eatout888VIPDined on 7/18/2014Everything was delicious! The service was great too. We had such a great experience the first time and we're looking forward to coming back again weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reneereneeDined on 7/14/2014Exceptional food and friendly service. Interesting decor. A real treat.Special Features:
- Worst place evernikkiVIPDined on 6/7/2014My fish was not fresh at all. I actually had to spit it out for two different dishes and they did not even offer to give me something else. Worst food ever! No wonder why nobody was eating there
- Had no idea...GreenemanVIPDined on 5/21/2014i love Shu & googled best Japanese in Beverly Hills because i didn't feel like driving up the hill to Shu & had no idea Shu's sister restaurant was in BH I will definitely become a regular - there prices are even a bit more reasonable - it is pricey - but like Spago's you can never go wrong with a meal here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSberdanVIPDined on 5/7/2014the fish is super fresh and super delicious! I come here at least once a week!Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Yojisan reviews archive.
- Pricey but Worth ItPegabooooVIPDined on 4/4/2014First time eating at Yojisan. Had a great meal accompanied by exceptional service. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi DiningBarryDined on 3/29/2014Very cool design. Good menu. Pretty small. There were several tables with kids, so its more of a family cool hip place rather then a sexy date night place. But, in all fairness, it could have just been that night. The lighting makes it a bit brighter, but all in all a great place. The owner from the Drago chain always serves a great meal. We've been big fans for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yojisan is one of my top favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Their Sushi quality is always great. Yojisan mainly creates beautiful Italian fusion dish but he can also make amazing traditional Japanese style dish as well. I love the head chef, Yojisan because of his professional skills and his open minded customer service. He truly cares about his customers. Their food is definitely for foodies! You can go there for date, casual friends get together, or even with whole family. Great food quality, great service and clean designed restaurant interior. I will always recommend Yojisan to Sushi Lovers.Special Features:
- Love this placeIrinaBVIPDined on 3/8/2014Thank you Yojison and team for the amazing AA quality fish, variety , and presentation. Thank you for the very warm service and great atmosphere !!! It's always a pleasure to come to your place and enjoy itSpecial Features:
- Service was great! Fish wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Service was great! Fish was very fresh and atmosphere was very cool. I would definetely reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceedingly averagecawineguyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Yojisan is good, but nothing special. Service is slow and inconsistent; two dishes ordered never appeared (they were not on the bill either). The food is good, but not memorable. The three kinds of salmon nigiri was the most interesting dish; everything else can be easily had elsewhere at a better price. Nothing wrong with Yojisan, just no reason to seek it out.
- Excellent fish!MichelleDined on 2/14/2014The food was fantastic and I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was Valentine's Day so it was a bit crowded, but not overly noisy. There is a nice outdoor area. The ambiance is not overly romantic; it has more of a trendy, modern feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseWolfgangTravelsVIPDined on 2/13/2014Very friendly team. Great service. Delicious food. Quiet place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great sushi and uniqueValleyBoyVIPDined on 2/6/2014Always great sushi and unique presentation. Service is wonderful and only surpassed by the food !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An incredibly fantastic placePlantJoshVIPDined on 2/1/2014This place was amazing. We went there after our preferred place was closed and Im so grateful. The service is superb, intuitive and absolutely perfect. Our waitress was attentive but not excessively so. She knew the wine and sake list very well and offered multiple tastes to find the perfect drink for us. Her menu suggestions were spot-on and the food...oh the food is brilliant! All the sushi was very well-done and delicious. Having spent a bit of time in Japan and working closely with many Japanese colleagues, i've been exposed to quite a lot of Japanese fine dining. I would rate this place as among the best I've ever experienced. Definitely go for dinner and ask for suggestions. I know you'll enjoy!Special Features:
- Will be back again and againAgaKulczykDined on 1/30/2014I've been to this place about 6-7 times now and food has been consistently outstanding !!! I also had a very large to go order ( for 20) that was handled amazingly ..let me say my bel air house party was a success thanks to yojisan sushi !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Fresh SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/27/2014Reasonably priced, fresh sushi. Recommend the albacore roll - a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing But the BestBellboyDined on 1/26/2014This is a great restaurant with quality food, Japanese culinary expertise, and a varied menu. No, its not just sushi and sashimi. How often fo you find short ribs on a Japanese menu? Reasonably priced with gracious but not haughty service, this is the best new Asian restaurant I've been to in a couple of years. We will be back because the prices are quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their semi-contemporaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/13/2014Love their semi-contemporary interior for a traditional Japanese sushi restaurant. I thought heir menu selections had more variety and were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/3/2014Yojisan is a true gem. My wife and I were so happy to find it. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating, and the food is both innovative and traditional. Yoji is without a doubt one of the best sushi chefs in LA. He is extremely in tune with seasonal flavors and his attention to detail and quality is unrivaled. I highly recommend the Omakase if you are adventurous and are tired of your same old routine when going out for sushi. He always makes sure to provide a unique and delicious experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi in Beverly HillsLewieDined on 11/25/2013Finally a really good, comfortable Japanese sushi bar in Beverly Hills. This spot has been many different sushi bars, but Yojisan has out shined them all. Burrata with yellowtail...a Drago influenced dish...delicious. Friendly, unpretentious and grateful depict this dining experience. A place to have a business dinner or lunch, we just treat ourselves. Only have had dinner but we keep coming back because the food is so fresh, good and they make us feel so special.Special Features:
- Worthy of its Top 10 ListingbadbruceVIPDined on 11/21/2013I found this lovely Japanese / Sushi Restaurant using Yelp - Top 10 List. Chef Yoji-San and his staff served us an Omakase meal to remember! From the hostess in they are quiet, helpful and unobtrusive. Never a serving dish left sitting nor drinks left unfilled - no feeling of rush or 'in your space.' Wonderful. We loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightKitkatVIPDined on 11/13/2013Good unique food and great service. Must come back again. I wish I knew about the valet parking ahead of time, public parking in BH on a Thursday night can be a little crazy, not worth saving $2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service.gustoDined on 8/31/2013Very attentive staff, fantastic service with excellent teamwork among the servers and amazing attention to details. Loved it!Special Features:
- GoodDubaiVIPDined on 8/7/2013Quiet trendy and centrally located in Beverly Hills. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/27/2013Fresh and creative but always with a nod to tradition mixed with contemporary sensibilities. . Chef Yojisan is a star. The staff is uniformly lovely. Decor is hip but inviting. Weveatbthere often and. It never misses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIP SUSHI PLACEzerreitugarDined on 7/26/2013went here last Friday with 2 girlfriends for dineLA. Awesome food, service and ambiance. Our server, Hanny, was very attentive. The food was superb! truffle and burrata on sashimi?!!!! YUM!! the interior was hip, vibrant and classy. I love the minimalist decor. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- AverageYummySushiDined on 7/26/2013My review is based on the food. If you are looking for a traditional sushi experience and good fresh sushi. Yojisan is not the place for it. The menu items are expensive. The set menu for DineLA is definitely not worth the $45 tag price on it. I would recommend sugarfish's Nozawa for $40 . The server is very attentive and that's the only reason this reataurant got a 3 star reviews.
- AwesomeLADinerVIPDined on 7/26/2013Yojisan is a unique sushi restaurant with an eclectic menu, outstanding fish, warm service and a fun atmosphere. The restaurant has some of the most innovative sushi dishes anywhere and the quality of the food is tremendous. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you're in BH and need Japanese..OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2013The food was generally pretty good, though portions were relatively small, and prices were Beverly Hill prices... but if you're in Beverly Hills and in need of Japanese food, then it's a good place to go...
- good choice for dine LAOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2013Came here for DineLA and they were able to substitute some items for my wife who could not eat some of the items on the preset menu. Service was outstanding and prompt. Food quality is not bad for DineLA, although my sushi course was not quite as good as I had expected, considering the reputation. I've been to their sister store SHU and i think that was a little bit better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Little SpotSammyCVIPDined on 7/16/2013I came for the Dine LA and their menu was incredible. Hanny (our server) was so sweet and very knowledgeable. The Rock shrimp was definitely a stand out dish. The burrata sashimi with honey truffle oil... incredible. Then a sushi platter with a toro, mackerel, scallop, Yellow tail and other stuff I don't remember but was great. Their chef has sushi on lock! And he's got that creative flare that really differentiates a Yojisan a cut above. I really like this place and hope to return soon. PS: I WAS SOOOO FULL!!! :) But no banana gets left behind. :) (dessert joke).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Fusion RestaurantKitkatVIPDined on 7/15/2013A great find for DineLA... Lettuce cups were tasty with short rib and shrimp tempura fillings? Also carpaccio with burrata cheese?!?! THANK YOU!!!! Also loved the perfectly cooked Chilean Sea Bass. The dessert was good, just not any different from what I've had before. Service was prompt, courteous and attentive. Can't wait to actually try their sushi and carpaccio!!! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern fusion Japanese dishes.JackVIPDined on 7/12/2013Modern fusion Japanese dishes. Complex combinations beautifully presented. Thank youI would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS SUSHIJuilavhaVIPDined on 6/29/2013A bit spendy but true to the Drago family reputation & standard .. DELICIOUS fresh fish & seafoods Very very noisy on a saturday nite ...several large parties but also think that the acoustics are not terrific due to high ceiling in centre of restaurant week nites are a bit quieter -Thankfully !Special Features:
- Best sushi ever!AjeeVIPDined on 6/21/2013This is the best food, ambiance of any sushi restaurant around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and serviceSushilvrDined on 6/13/2013I loved the relaxed atmosphere, the lobster ceviche was great, I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotMzleezaDined on 5/24/2013Very good food and service. Sat outside on the sidewalk which was great people-watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.