501 W Olympic Blvd Unit 102
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
Shabu-shabuPrice: $30 and under
Yojie Japanese Fondue and Sake Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yojie.com/
- Phone: 2139888808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Shabu-shabu, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Yojie B. Leelin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
Be your own chef as you dip kobe beef, certified angus beef, chicken, a variety of seafood, and a plethora of vegetables into boiling hot, kelp seasoned broth, and tasty Japanese sauces.
Wash it down with a refreshing beverage from our large drinks menu offering a spectrum of premium sakes, sake cocktails, and nonalcoholic beverages for the kids.
Then top it off with an order from our extensive dessert menu, featuring fruit and pastries fondue with chocolate sauces varying from red velvet to green tea.
Here at Yojie, it's "More than just healthy food...it's an experience."
- Pretty goodEatmyworldDined on 4/27/2014Green tea chocolate foundue is amazing meats are delicious as well, just the soup base a bit too strongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findJaybone134Dined on 4/22/2014The tables were a bit dirty. Jason our server was 1st class. The beef was as advertised. Beware the hot sauce!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our last supper mealDebiDined on 4/17/2014Last night in La and looking for something different. We found Japanese fondue? Everything was fresh. Staff very helpful Food very filling We went at happy hour so drinks were just $3.00 We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Great FoodAJloves2eatDined on 2/26/2014I really like the food here. Sukiyaki is delicious. My only con is the service is slow when the place wasn't even busy. Also the restroom ran out of paper towels when I went in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day Specialr2d2Dined on 2/15/2014Mendrick and the whole team were very courteous. You can feel his passion for the food. It was very enjoyable. Nice and modern. A really different and new take on Shabu Shabu or "Japanese Fondue" The salmon was amazing. The meat and the sake cocktails were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience all-aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The staff have amazing service, the food was absolutely delicious, there is a perfect atmosphere for a nice night out for friends or a date. The staff even gave each of us Valentine's Day gift bags with complementary dipping bread and coupons. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great shabu shabu!LuluFromCADined on 2/8/2014We went to LA for a concert at the Staples Center. A friend recommended this place knowing we are vegetarians and it would be a good option. This place was wonderful! We have never had shabu shabu before. Anthony was our waiter and explained everything to us and was so patient. We got the vegetarian medley. I don't like mushrooms so he said I could replace it with something else. I got extra broccoli. The dipping sauce is amazing. There is so much food, we didn't even finish it. I definitely recommend this place. $3.00 glasses of wine and sake during happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too shabby ShabuNommerDined on 2/2/2014All-in-all, pretty good. But I wouldn't suggest going for the "Kobe." The taste is nearly identical to the normal beef, with only a little texture variation. Oddly, the "Kobe" was more course. Not worth the big bump in price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a downtown LA shabu shabuBrianDined on 1/29/2014For a downtown LA shabu shabu place Yojie is decent. Generous portions of meat and quality was okay. Vegetable plates however, was light and unfulfilling. Servers were pleasant but seemed overwhelmed when the restaurant got busy. The restaurant was spacious from the main floor to the seating to the bathroom. The noise level did rise significantly as the night went on. Overall an okay experience, probably won't visit again as there are much better (food quality/value) shabu shabu places a short drive away in Little Tokyo or even San Gabriel.Special Features:
- Shabu shabuDimaDined on 1/25/2014Eating shabu shabu is an experience in itself. The servers were very happy to explain the process. The ingredients were all fresh and delicious. The ambience was very modern, black and white. The music was a bit loud but tolerable. I would definitely. Recommend it to friendsSpecial Features:
- YojieOxmoonxangelxODined on 1/24/2014I loved the place. My boyfriend and I got to try everything we wanted. I loved the Sukiyaki and the boyfriend loved his shabu shabu. We really enjoyed the green tea fondue with strawberries and bananas. The service was amazing. So attentive. I especially enjoyed the drinks. The food was perfect for me. I ordered the sashimi (salmon) and I've never had sashimi for hot pot before. This was my first and I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItadakimasumsjyuuDined on 1/22/2014As always, quality of the food is great and service was consistent. Loved the sakana combo (never tried salmon shabu shabu before), and absolutely adored the green tea fondue (sliced strawberries and bananas dipped in sweet fondue, heck yes). Awesome spot for a little romance or a chill catch-up with a friend. Not to mention, validated parking on the Hope and Olympic public parking lot is super convenient. Will be back for me. xo, J.Y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- descentCigaDined on 1/17/2014I had the vegetarian sukiyaki and my friend had salmon shabu shabu. We were both very satisfied with the healthy options of brown or white rice. The food was tasty and fresh. Service was also very good. It was a nice location on a corner with lots of window space. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shabu ShabuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2014I'll go back here because I'm in the neighborhood, and there's no line. It's decent food, but definitely not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceJpacDined on 1/14/2014The food was great and I got great customer service I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good quality beef!StanDined on 1/13/2014I ate here on a whim, and was very pleasantly surprised. The beef quality was excellent for shabu. At the combo meal which also included dessert, and the green tea white chocolate fondue... excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsBrianDined on 12/28/20135 stars everything. Amazing food, service, and overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard or Just Below AverageichibanVIPDined on 12/15/2013The quality here is average. The cuts of meat, veggie plate and kombu broth were particularly standard but unfortunately where they really lose out is the ponzu and sesame sauce. Really lacking in flavor, which brought the whole meal down to mediocre. Service was top notch and the environment is very comfortable but neither of us really felt satisfied. The lunch prices are quite reasonable, which I appreciated. I wouldn't visit again, even if I were in the neighborhood but I have nothing against Yojie. They just didn't do it for me.Special Features:
- Fun place to go before anOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/10/2013Fun place to go before an event at the Staples Center, but thought the food was a little bland. We did the shabu shabu and thought that just cooking the meat in water wasn't that great. And we only liked one of the two sauces. Good happy hour prices on beer / wine.
- Friday night when my friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013Friday night when my friends and I showed up was a good night at the restaurant with a 49 person reservation. Unfortunately my friends and I were a bit Unsatisfied with the service, even though I have been there several times, and I know that the service is usually fast and they are on top of their game.. This night because of the large party already dining, Yojie was understaffed that night. Our server knew that they weren't on top of their game that night so he came by and brought is a large bottle of hot sake to make up for it and apologized for being slow.. That was a nice gesture on their part. But overall. The food was great and the customer service was EXCELENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/27/2013Explanation of options and how to cook was unclear and we had to ask for it. Other than that, he was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- The best shabu shabu spot in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2013Outstanding customer service and very lively atmosphere. The shabu shabu sumo dish is yummy and will fill your tummy! The server surprised the birthday girl with an amazing apple tasting saki. The red velvet fondue with strawberries and banana added the perfect touch to end a great experience.Special Features:
- Good food. Bad servicedearlizdDined on 10/31/2013The food was good and prices were reasonable but service was REALLY slow! It was ridiculous how long it took for our waiter to take our order and then to get our food to us. We hardly saw him and were constantly having to flag him down. It took almost half an hour to bring us out our dessert! Which was screwed up because we ordered dark chocolate and were given milk chocolate. We didn't ask for it to be fixed because we were now running late. Again, I attribute this to them being short staffed. Our waiter kept asking my friend if she wanted more green tea. He asked even as we were getting ready to leave! I said I'd recommend Yojie but that's a BIG maybe. Get more service staff, then I'd tell my friends to check it out and I'd return too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was there 2 years ago and818susDined on 9/18/2013I was there 2 years ago and the food was amazing! Went want and the food was alright. Meat was too hard, rice was ok. What happened yojie!!! Very disappointed!!
- Great ambiance but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2013My first time here. We were seated right away w our reservation for 5 people. They were short on menus so we had to share one menu. Although the server said he would be right with us, it took him 15 minutes to come back and take our order. It took at least 10 minutes for us to receive our drinks and 20 minutes to get the food. Which is ridiculous because the food is not cooked. We were starving because we had a late reservation at 8:45 but did not start eating until 9:30pm. The server did not ask us what type of rice we wanted so we were served white rice and requested for a change to brown rice. They also messed up on one of the person's order with the wrong type of broth. Maybe it was a bad night to come, but it was a horrible experience.Special Features:
- Not SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2013I was waiting for a good 5-10 minutes for the hostess to seat me as there was no hostess when I came in. Portion size were not the same as last time I previous went. It is smaller compared to when I went the previous time. I was not satisfied this time. Hopefully the service will be better the next time.
- The shabu shabu isn't good.TysonDined on 8/2/2013The shabu shabu isn't good. The beef is tough and tastes old. Go to nearby little Tokyo for some good stuff.
- Yojie yumminessdjtaraDined on 7/24/2013I was very satisfied with both the food and the friendly staff at Yojie. I've been craving shabu shabu for a long time and this place definitely came through- I loved the veggies, the salmon, and the dipping sauces (the beef was also very tasty). I think this restaurant has a lot to offer because it's prices are reasonable and it's a unique dining experience unlike any other place I've been. I was genuinely impressed by the attention and care from one of the staff members (perhaps the manager or owner) who really made sure we had a pleasant experience. This is a great place for a date too- nice lighting and ambience. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- It was fineDoriDined on 7/23/2013We had three different servers which got chaotic because you didn't know if what you asked for would come or not. The food was surprisingly filling but rather bland. If you've never had Japanese fondue but are looking for a new culinary experience, I'd suggest it; however, it's not something that I'm going to actively seek out. Oh, and shabu shabu style is plain boiling water (but you get good dipping sauces). The other cooking style is a slightly sweet broth that leaves a decent flavor in the meat and vegetables (but the only dipping sauce post-cooking is RAW egg). The green tea ice cream was phenomenal.Special Features:
- just okslowwaitressDined on 7/18/2013Waitress was super slow and kept forgetting everything. We were missing a spoon, missing a fork, and no napkins for more than 15 minutes. It took her forever to come and ask us what we wanted to order even though my group signaled to her, put our menus down and weren't even chatting. The food was good but not for the price.Special Features:
- my late night go toMsfoodieDined on 7/15/2013Takes reservations until 9:45 p.m. on weekdays, it's my late night go to when I'm craving good food. I've gone here so many times that a couple of the staff know me and my bf when we walk in and give us great service. I think it's also a good price for the amount of food you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaba shabu (fon)due!!!AaaaDined on 7/14/2013The portions of meat are plenty to get full off of and if you have a sweet tooth like me, the green tea chocolate fondue will satisfy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of room for a partyLindaDDined on 5/17/2013Plenty of room for a party of 14 people. Food was great in pleasing picky eaters and health conscience in a fun atmosphere. Delicious Sake Sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing.dreakDined on 5/4/2013my entire visit at yojie was a disappointment. the service was bad from the start when we were met by a surly employee and it went downhill from there. our waiter was unhelpful when i asked questions about the menu (i've never had shabu shabu or sukiyaki) and didn't explain a single thing about how to order or how to cook and eat our food, once it was delivered. he even forgot about a couple of sake cocktails we ordered. the ambiance would have been better if there was a more effective air conditioning system (it was hot in there!) and if the tables and heating elements were cleaner. as for the food, the beef was decent and the desert fondue was a table pleaser but it was hard to enjoy the experience.
- always satisfying522ECRDined on 4/30/2013shabu shabu is always comforting and yojie makes it a good experience. i prefer the sukiyaki over the shabu shabu. the meat is fresh and the vegetable assortment rounds out the meal perfectly. have been here quite a few times and foresee coming here again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Fun place. CookingGoodfishDined on 4/23/2013Good food. Fun place. Cooking your food is fun 4 everyone!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Excellent food and service! This is one of my favorite places to eat for dinner! Every time I come to LA that is the restaurant I always go to for a meal!Special Features:
- Place seemed under staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Place seemed under staffed on a random Wednesday night. Asked for a booth and was told we would be moved but the booth was eventually given to another party. Servers took too long to take orders, but the food came relatively quick. Overall would go back again but this particular night was poor. Unusual for this place as my previous outings were much better.Special Features:
- staff is amazing and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013staff is amazing and very friendly. always accommodating with any of my request. would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Delicious and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013This restaurant is truly a gem. Whenever I come to Los Angeles, I always make sure to spend at least one dinner at Yojie Japanese Fondue and Sake Bar. Although the service is a little slow, the staff is genuinely nice and enthusiastic. The food is fantastic and my experiences at Yojie have never been anything less than fun! Yojie provides a one-of-a-kind and delicious dining experience.Special Features: