Yo Sake Downtown Sushi Lounge
33 South Front St.
Wilmington, NC 28401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Yo Sake Downtown Sushi Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yosake.com/
- Phone: (910) 763-3172
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm
Sun-Wed 5pm-10pm, Thurs-Sun 5pm- 11pm, Late Night Menu 11-12 Fri-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Joshua Woo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Upon Request. Please visit www.balconyondock.com for catering menus and contact information.
A word from Yo Sake Downtown Sushi Lounge
Located on the second floor of the historic Roudabush building in downtown Wilmington, YoSake features the best sushi along with a full pan-Asian menu served amid fabulous Tokyo vogue décor. Featured Menu Items change weekly, and showcase local farms. Entrees include Chef Woo's Crispy Salmon with Forbidden Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken, and a variety of Noodle, Rice, and Curry Dishes. The bar boasts a select wine list including 16 sakes and fantastic specialty drinks like the locally famous Pomegranate Ginger Mojito. Dinner wouldn't be complete without a happy ending...try our Chocolate Threesome or Banana Fried Cheesecake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yo Sake Downtown Sushi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great evening with friendsWinendineDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed a fantastic evening with friends. Food quality and taste were exceptional. The four of us travel extensively and have dined at some of the best places. My friend noted that the steak he ordered was one of the finest he has ever tasted. My wife is still talking about the salmon. Service was casual and efficient.Special Features:
- Sushi downtownHHF23Dined on 10/18/2014Yosake is a vibrant sushi restaurant The food was mostly hit firecracker shrimp and some misses steamed wantons The service although friendly and energetic was not professional My partners appetizers was served about 10 minutes before mine Both entrees was first rate although the salmon was not served hot The music level was so high as to mostly discourage any reasonable conversation especially with a larger party The anime displayed throughout the restaurant is alone worth the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Sushi!LaurelDined on 9/9/2014The best sushi in Wilmington. Love the Ginormous and Generoll, but the 'How We Roll' chef special roll is the best choice on the menu. Also, love the Firecracker Shrimp and the Crap dip appetizers, which are both absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Recommend ordering off of the weekly specials menu vs. the standard menu...the specialty roll was outstanding, and the waitresses recommendations were great.Special Features:
- Tasty appetizersnel85Dined on 8/2/2014The appetizers were great. The sushi was just ok. The atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pad Thaifoodie123Dined on 7/31/2014Great Pad Thai with Scallops but my sisters Fried Pineapple Fried Rice had to be remade because it was super salty. It was really good the 2nd time around! :) Also the Crab dip was delicious as well!!Special Features:
- The following 122 reviews are from the Yo Sake Downtown Sushi Lounge reviews archive.
- Good sushiSushilover247Dined on 7/12/2014Sushi was tasty. Service great. Happy hour menu affordable. Speciality drinks yummy. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food drinks waitress helpful4BorngirlDined on 7/1/2014Sushi was delicious so was scallops. Mixed drinks not so good. We had a sweet waitress very helpful. Ended up giving us the drinks free. Music too loud. Nice atmosphere. Hip. Cool. Not much A/C. We still recommend the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yo Sake SundayMikeDined on 6/29/2014Great food and service. And special deals on Sunday! Our first time, but we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Scallops!foodloverVIPDined on 5/30/2014The scallops were fabulous! It was a special, but I think they should put it on the menu. They were served over sweet potatoes and grilled patty pan squash...a match made in heaven! Service was excellent. The only complaint I have is that the menus were pretty dirty...someone needs to wipe them down after each shift. Thanks Yo Sake for another great meal!Special Features:
- Yummy and fun.TravellinaDined on 5/28/2014We went on 80's throwback night - they have some menu items priced at 80's prices and played great 80's music. Also, really cool Manga prints all over the restaurant, which add color and character. The place is roomy and comfortable. Waiter was awesome. Prices reasonable - not cheap. We got pomegranate Mojitos and Hello Kitty cocktails. My friends liked the mojitos. Hello Kitty was pretty good - could have used a little more vodka, and a lime ( : To eat: Edamame, Fire on the Mountain, Spicy Tuna, and Farmhouse rolls - all were super tasty. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Friday Night OutlexlovesfoodDined on 5/9/2014Overall, we definitely enjoyed our experience at YoSake. We brought some friends with us who had never been to the restaurant before and they absolutely loved it. If I have any complaints, it was just the timing and the preparation on the food. My boyfriend ordered the spider rolls and it appeared that they had been made and sat too long, because when he got them the crab meat was soggy and not warm. Other than that, everything was great. We particularly enjoyed the coconut ice cream and I was impressed with the selection of the half-price menu. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Find UpstairswyndyhillDined on 5/1/2014Great selection of small bites - at great prices. Yo Sake has specially priced dishes/drinks from 5-7 pm hence this place was hopping as early as 6pm - if not earlier. Great vibe ,very good service and good food. Next time , I am trying the steamed buns !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014The experience at Yosaki is always great. We celebrated a friend's/coworker's birthday and had a great time. The food and service are always outstanding. The atmosphere is fun and exciting. Most of us had been there, but a few were first timers and were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why haven't we come here sooner?!getinmybellyDined on 3/26/2014Every year during Restaurant Week, my husband and I try out a restaurant that we haven't been to before. I am so glad we tried Yosake! Our waitress was wonderful, and the food was great. My husband is not big on seafood, but he absolutely loved the Shanghai Firecracker Shrimp (as did I)! We loved the decor, and the location is good and convenient.Special Features:
- Great, innovative Asian fusionRickLiteVIPDined on 3/25/2014Great, innovative Asian fusion in downtown Wilmington!Special Features:
- Definite keeper!oibhappyDined on 3/1/2014My husband, son & I dined there on Saturday evening. We arrived 45 minutes before our reservation but were seated immediately with no issues. The place filled up quickly, yet the service remained exceptional. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and made some good suggestions regarding the sushi rolls. The chef's surprise roll, "That's How We Roll", was incredible!!! The first one was so good that we ordered another. Both were very different & very good! The pomegranate ginger mojito was delicious as well! We will definitely return soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Loud!!!!SLGDCVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food was just so so - a little heavy for Asian cuisine. But the vibe was fun and the drinks were delicious!Special Features:
- Great food, great price!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014One of Wilmington's great restaurants! The Sushi is out of this world. Awesome atmosphere to compliment the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That Was An Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The ambience was great. The waiter was on-point. The drinks were good and strong. And the apps, dinner and desert were fantastic. Definitely recommend this place to everyoneSpecial Features:
- ExcellentSatisfiedDinerDined on 2/14/2014Excellent as always! Great food, great sushi, great waitstaff and bartenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodkat1Dined on 1/18/2014Our second time here- great food, great servers, WONDERFUL cocktails. (Try the Angry Asian Girl and the Pomegranate Ginger Mojito...amazing) Servers and bartenders are creative types, most have worked here for years and love their jobs, many are local actors, artists, or work in the film industry- all are experienced and excellent. We love this place!Special Features:
- Veggie Appeal: Yum YosakeGrltv5Dined on 11/27/2013This restaurant has great ambiance and a variety of delicious meals to please the most selective palate. The beverage list is also impressive with something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant - wishOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/23/2013Love this restaurant - wish they hadn't rushed our food orders before we were finished!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad we finally tried them out!lauraeabelDined on 10/26/2013After living in Wilmington for five years, my husband and I finally used restaurant week as an excuse to try YoSake. We can't believe we waited this long. The food was incredible, the cocktails were large and strong for their price, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night Made PerfectAnthonyAltilioDined on 10/5/2013Our experience there was nothing more than perfect. We had the best Waitress and service I have ever had. Her personality was amazing and my girlfriends birthday was a smash. I do not normally eat this kind of food but it was amazing! And her knowledge of it was easy for me to understand and make my decision. Fast, Friendly, and Superb!! Thank you for making it great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Fusion JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2013The food was americanized japanese. The miso soup was good soup. It was not the best *miso* soup I have had. The apps were good as well. They were asia fusion dishes and not notably japanese. For a place with sake in its name, I was hoping for a large sake selection. They had between 12 and 15 options. That is more than I see at most high end sushi places. But, I have been to places with 40-50 sake choices. Given the name, I was hoping for more. It was obviously not a sake bar. No one else in the restaurant was drinking sake. The ambiance was modern. They had anime inspired paintings on the walls. There was a dead orchid in the window next to our table. So, it was so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulluvyummyfoodDined on 8/10/2013I met four of my friends here for dinner and everyone loved their meals. I wish I lived closer so that I can eat there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMcGuginDined on 8/10/2013We always have great food and service when we eat here. When our family comes from out of town this is their first choice to go to! Firecracker shrimp is a must here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great hidden treasureyaz8Dined on 7/12/2013A very nice. Clean inviting dinning experience. By far has become my favorite go to placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vietnamese & japanese optionsDurhamfoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2013I enjoyed the very affordable and tasty happy hour selections, especially the Bahn Minis (mini sandwiches). Try the pork. It tastes like the street food I would get in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Always enjoy dining at YoSake.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/9/2013Always enjoy dining at YoSake. Food is excellent, especi ally the sushi. Pricing is moderate. Look for half price deals from 5 to 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!McGuginDined on 5/26/2013We love this restaurant! We always have great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.....rodandterriVIPDined on 5/18/2013Title says it all. I was really hopeful that this would be a good place for us to eat but unfortunately the food was just so so. We tried the spring rolls, not much to say about them and the dipping sauce wasn't so good either. I will say that I ordered the Lo mien and added shrimp. Even though they only gave me 3, they were HUGE! Like 3 mini lobsters. Sweet and sour chicken tasted like it came right out of a box frozen. You won't be missing anything if you skip this place.
- good value creative pan asianout4eatsDined on 5/3/2013casual fun place--fabulous value 5 to 7 pm small plate specials--good spot for before theater small plate, quick service eating--creative, extensive pan-asian menu with something for every taste and appetite level. Buzzy young ambiance but equally good for family dining and light-eating seniors.Special Features:
- Great value but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Yo Sake has half off numerous items everyday from 5-7pm. The list includes their firecracker shrimp which my husband had and said was his favorite of the three items he had (spring rolls and seared tuna but he enjoyed both of these as well). I had the tomato ginger bisque soup which was spicier than I thought it would be but still good. I also had three veggie sushi rolls because I'm vegan and they were very good. I had also ordered a blackberry mojito which I didn't like and asked our server if I could return it. He said sure and offered to make me a different drink. The restaurant itself is one big loft like space which was cool but the music is loud and so everyone has to talk loud to be heard which makes for a rather noisy diexperience.Special Features:
- We had a group of 6 and everyonezannie77Dined on 3/29/2013We had a group of 6 and everyone absolutely LOVED Yosake. The food was absolutely amazing and our server was great!Special Features:
- Been a fan of YoSake's forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2013Been a fan of YoSake's for years. Great Firecracker shrimp and fun cocktails. Place has a very hip, New York vibe. So, after lots of thought about where to celebrate my birthday this year, I decided on YoSake and I'm very glad I did. For starters, I was so surprised that none of my friends had ever been there - and they all loved it -- so I was very happy to introduce them to someplace new. Second, Wednesday night just happened to be 80's Night, with great discounts on some menu items (including my beloved shrimp and even a $10 Kobe Burger and Fries!) But they also played 80's music and we all got a kick out of that. Overall, great food, great space, great fun! Love YoSake -- thanks for the perfect venue for my birthday celebration!Special Features:
- we have been coming to YosakeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2013we have been coming to Yosake for years. Our last two visits have been disappointing. The quality of the food has declined. The Pad Thai and Fiery Beef/ Chicken are a pool of sauce. My friend who ordered Pad Thai couldn't even recognize it as such and was certain the orders were mixed. the wait staff assured her that was not the case. The rolls were adequate but nothing to rave about. While we might continue to come for the half-price appetizer experience, it will never again make our list for dinner again.
- It's a trendy hipster sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013It's a trendy hipster sushi place. If that's your style then you will love it. It's not my kind of place so probably won't be going back.Special Features: