YEW seafood + bar
791 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2T4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
YEW seafood + bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yewseafood.com/
- Phone: 6046924939x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ned Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Yew offers private dining for 10 people in our wine room.
Checkout more information at: http://www.yewseafood.com/private_dining/
- Private Party Contact: Emily Walker 6046095480x
- Special Events: Join us every Sunday & Monday for Wine Down. Enjoy 50% off all of our wine by the bottle.
A word from YEW seafood + bar
YEW seafood + bar - a dramatic restaurant with an open, interactive kitchen, features the freshest seafood the west coast has to offer. Executive Chef Ned Bell and the YEW team support a "Farm to Table" philosophy, sourcing ingredients from our local oceans, rivers and farms. Enjoy cocktails in front of the fireplace or at our intimate cocktail bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
YEW seafood + bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
YEW seafood + bar reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (87)notable wine list (60)good for groups (45)great for lunch (44)great for brunch (34)romantic (34)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (13)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great Service thanks to David. Enclosed Wine room was great for family birthday! Good selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian foodHolodnyVIPDined on 10/24/2014The seafood platter/ starter is large but pedestrian. Expect more local fresh fish choices in a costal sea food restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YEW could be right for yourapbusinessDined on 10/24/2014If you want a very good dining experience and don't mind an interior design with LOTS of reflective surfaces (so it's noisier), YEW is your place. Food good, perhaps a bit overpriced, but the service was great! We celebrated a birthday there, and they brought a small plate with macaroon cookies and chocolates to the birthday person (for free). The lobster Thermidor didn't have as much lobster as I was hoping for, but the flavors were very good. If you are in Vancouver BC for a conference or other special event, you could do worse than YEW.Special Features:
- $30 salad not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014The albacore tuna salad was flavourless and had a fishy taste throughout. I didn't eat most of it, and the server asked what was wrong with it, but didn't do anything to fix the problem aside from offering something else, but by this time it was the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rob was exceptionalKathrynDined on 10/23/2014My husband and enjoyed everything about our evening. We don't get out to elegant restaurants very often so since we were in town for a conference, I decided to take my husband out for a nice dinner. The restaurant itself is beautiful with so much to look at, besides my husband: the enormous glass chandelier centre piece, the majestic slab of maple wood, and the bustling grill chefs. Rob walked us through every one of our menu and artifact questions, taking the time to graciously answer every one. Lovely evening! And all while our son stayed occupied in the room with his video games.Special Features:
- Great for Vegetarians & Vegans TooPlantPoweredDined on 10/23/2014Yew is one of the few upscale restaurants in Vancouver to feature a dedicated 3-course Vegan menu. My wife and I are both vegan, and appreciate the effort put in by Yew's kitchen and service staff to not just 'accommodate', but thoroughly impress diners looking to avoid animal products. I made an online reservation, noting that we are both vegan, a the host at the door brought only the vegan menu to our table for us. Our server also confirmed immediately that we are vegan and not vegetarian. This small touch was a welcome relief after always needing to ask, remind, and then ask again at so many other 'vegetarian-friendly' establishments. The food itself was fantastic, crafted using the best in-season local ingredients. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the YewTastebudsDined on 10/21/2014I visit Vancouver 4 to 5 times a year and always have a lunch at the Yew. The experience is always memorable and begins with the warm and friendly greeting at the door. It's the perfect spot for lunch or a drink - ambiance, great service, wonderful menu and food that does not disappoint. Good value for the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere and foodkjjbmDined on 10/18/2014We had great service at Yew and thought the room was beautiful. The seafood was spectacular and the atmosphere was a good mix of energetic, fun, and fine dining. Its not a formal feeling place but the food is high quality. I'd definitely go back again.Special Features:
- A very pleasant dinnerAlexiaDined on 10/16/2014I picked this restaurant because of its vegan menu. I also wanted a classy experience, not just healthy eating. The combination of vegan and seafood worked great for us. My husband ordered a seafood paella, while I had a plate of grilled tomatoes, kale, and green beans, followed by a vegan chocolate torte. Everything tasted great. The service was outstanding, and we really enjoyed the relaxed ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRisssDined on 10/13/2014Food was really delicious. Portions were quite decent. Ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Very good this visitluv2eatVIPDined on 10/13/2014Very good service at the bar! Love that you have 2,4 and 6 ounce wine option!!! Lobster salad was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerfinefamilydiningDined on 10/12/2014We had a great meal in a comfortable ambience, one of our party was vegan and there was a really good selection on the Vegan menu. The service was attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular BrunchnstajDined on 10/12/2014Yew is the bomb for brunch. Add the 1/2 price wine to the outstanding food specialties and you can't help but enjoy the food/wine experience. There is usually a cocktail that is a beautiful concoction that gets brunch off to a great start. Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent atmosphere restaurantPinksugar0603Dined on 10/11/2014It was Thanksgiving long weekend and for party of 2. We were given a table away from huge parties and families. Quality of the food was very fresh and service was excellent. I did not feel being pushes to eat fast and rushes out of there. Very good atmosphere for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood excellence.redakeDined on 10/5/2014As good as it gets in terms of seafood, wine and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerSuperbVIPDined on 9/29/2014We ate here for dinner on a Sunday evening while staying at the Four Seasons Hotel. The menu was unique and our waiter made some excellent suggestion which did not disappoint. We both chose seafood entrees, which were prepared to perfection and artistically presented. We also had some tasty appetizers and salads. Very attentive and knowledgeable waiter. A surprise bonus was 1/2 price bottles of wine available on this Sunday. We bought one to drink w/dinner, had a little left (which we were allowed to take to our room for later) and were told we could buy a second bottle for dinner the next night, which we did. They have very nice wine selections, which we would have thoroughly enjoyed, but did even more so, due to the 1/2 price!Special Features:
- Super Breakfast !SuperbVIPDined on 9/29/2014We stayed at the 4 Seasons prior to leaving for a jaunt on the Rocky Mountaineer train. Our breakfast was very good - unusual menu selections as well as the usual breakfast fare to choose from. Service was attentive. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- YewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014The special for those going to Vancouver opera was appreciated, especially the chocolate.Special Features:
- Should come againVancouver888Dined on 9/25/2014My friends were in town and they wanted to have seafood so I picked this restaurant. We enjoyed the food, the service and the environment. Food portion is quite big for the price comparing to similar graded restaurants. Highly recommended the Seafood Platter! Even the one we picked is for two, it comes with 8 pcs of oysters, 4 pcs of scallops, 3 big pcs of tuna, a dish of shrimps, and a dish of lobsters! My friends and I were delighted and we enjoyed it so much that it's a must to order for your party! However, the only complaint I have is that the ventilation there isn't great. The cooking smell stayed all the time and we didn't have much fresh air there until we stepped out of the hotel. Overall experience is great regardless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningExperiencedDined on 9/22/2014Made reservation at YEW because of seafood. Was surprised to find it was located in Four Seasons Hotel. Had we known that in advance we probably would have selected another restaurant. That would have been too bad because the food, service and atmosphere were great. We would go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch Wine Specialluv2eatVIPDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed a great brunch with friends. 50% Wine special is awesome! Grand beverage and food selection. Relax environment. Prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Upscale BrunchTrnrmomVIPDined on 9/21/2014We popped in here precruise for a late brunch & enjoyed the ambience, the presentation & preparation of the food, and the service. Not as pricey as we expected, but the presentation was delightful.Special Features:
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014a good friend and I took her daughter for lunch this past saturday. My biggest disappointment was that I did not complain when we were in the restaurant, but it was bothering me since the bill was over 100.00. We did not have any alcohol. we ordered two tuna salads which were terrible. My friend ordered pasta with shrimp. My girlfriend could't eat as it was so salty!! Our tuna salads were either $23 or $25. the salad had been changed the past week and so my friend's daughter had it they previous way and I had the updated version. The old version was 2 lettuce leaves 3 pieces of asparagus, half grilled avocado, 3 olives, and 4 small slices of grilled tuna. Mine had 6 good size slices of tuna and on top of coleslaw that had no flavour.Special Features:
- AmazingKikigeeDined on 9/13/2014I needed to find a last minute reservation for a group of 7, and I am so happy this is where we ended up! It was a beautiful room and every single member of our party commented on our love for the high ceiling. Our server did an excellent job with wine recommendations and went through extra effort to hunt down specific bottles for us. The food was amazing! Amazing! I am definitely looking forward to my next visit to YEW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YewseafoodcrazyDined on 9/13/2014I liked the seafood menu. My dish, the tuna with veges was good, the vegetables cooked to perfection. I would say though that the tuna was salted a bit too much, the same could be said for the cheese rolls. I would suggest also that wine be available in half litres. All in all though, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Good weekend brunch spotmgh24Dined on 9/13/2014I met with a group for a Saturday brunch, along with a toddler. It was nice to see that Yew has a kids`menu and provide a colouring paper and crayons to occupy kids; an upscale, kid friendly place, excellent. The brunch was pretty good, not great just as the price might perhaps be a couple dollars more than elsewhere but, then again, it is well prepared and quality ingredients. So perhaps you pay a bit more for quality. The service is excellent - cudos to the staff from the moment you walk in the doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRuruVIPDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I arrived for our 7:30 pm reservation and were warmly greeted and promptly seated. Our waiter, who was a real seasoned pro arrived and took our very explicit cocktail order. We were delighted when our cosmos arrived with the perfect color and taste. We shared the tomato salad to start which was separated and beautifully plated. Fresh and tasty, also the perfect size for us. We both selected the halibut grilled which came with fresh veggies. My husband declared the halibut the very best he has ever eaten and I was in close agreement. We shared the vegan chocolate tort for dessert which was to die for. Not too sweet but very satisfying. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YewvandinerDined on 9/11/2014Yew Restaurant is my favourite downtown Vancouver lunch place . I often go on my own and as a single woman always feel comfortable . Friendly , well trained , knowledgeable staff . Menu choice varied . Food is always very good .Special Features:
- Waste of moneydoctor1VIPDined on 9/10/2014Menu and wine list both were indifferent at best. Surprising for a Four Seasons. The waiter did try hard. Lots of really good places in Vancouver that are worth the money
- AnotherRoundPleaseDined on 9/7/2014Resaurant was accommodating of both a traffic induced delay and a last minute increase in party size. Great laid back meal with no pressure to "flip the table". Our server Ashley was delightful. Extremely friendly, engaging and had some great wine picks. Plus, half price bottles of wine on Sundays is great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niiiicejacknjillDined on 9/4/2014it was our 10th anniversary, so they started things off right by comping us two glasses of Moet! Thanks Yew!! The room is beautiful, the service is intentionally non-stuffy, the food was great, etc. Shared scallops ceviche, tomato salad, paella - all delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!EateateatDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I enjoyed an amazing experience dining at Yew for our anniversary! The food was wonderful as was the service! I would recommend Yew to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceletseatoutDined on 8/31/2014This is the very first time that we have been disappointed with Yew. The service was not as good as usual. We hardly saw our waiter and in fact had to pour our own wine towards the end of our meal. Murray, the manager, helped to make our experience end on the right note with a glass of champagne at the bar - - it was our anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely awesomemo92Dined on 8/30/2014food is marvelous and fish so fresh and tasty... cooked and seasoned to perfection. and finally the wine specialist was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Just kind of an "off" night. Nothing was as good as usualI would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To Yew for flies in your foodDisgustedatYewDined on 8/30/2014I discovered eight fruit type flies in my red wine towards the end of our supper. The server only nonchalantly offered to replace the wine at no additional cost. The restaurant manager would only deduct the cost of my wife's wine and our appetizer from our bill. The front desk manager would do nothing further in this respect. I was disgusted, nauseated, our supper was ruined and I was left with a bill after this dreadful incident. It seems that the Four Seasons is not at all concerned with food safety nor customer service but appears to carry on business as usual. I certainly would expect much better from an establishment of this kind.
- An odd experience at Yewkennycooks2VIPDined on 8/30/2014Just looking at the service and food, Yew was good and I would recommend it. But when we arrived we were given a wine sheet and I remarked to my wife that it was very disappointing. We ordered from it and after that (about 5 minutes after), noticed that other diners were being given iPads for their wine list. Turns out they "just forgot" to give us one. I looked around and we were easily two of the best dressed people there, I hope we didn't look like lowlifes that wouldn't want decent wine. Very disappointed with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OkieDined on 8/28/2014The waitress was very helpful and pleasant. We were meeting guests from out of town and one was a vegan. They had a special menu just for vegans and he said it was outstanding! Fish was perfectly cooked. Great bar for drinks, food and people watching.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary at YewsJasperDined on 8/27/2014We made reservations about a month in advance and they gave us a great table to celebrate our anniversary. The food was good, the wine was great and the service was ecellent.Special Features:
- Great time, great foodmacho1337Dined on 8/23/2014Spectacular experience. Was my mother's birthday and we got complimentary dessert with an already excellent meal. Definitely want to come back!Special Features: