YEW seafood + bar
791 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2T4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
YEW seafood + bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yewseafood.com/
- Phone: 6046924939x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ned Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Yew offers private dining for 10 people in our wine room.
Checkout more information at: http://www.yewseafood.com/private_dining/
- Private Party Contact: Emily Walker 6046095480x
- Special Events: Join us every Sunday & Monday for Wine Down. Enjoy 50% off all of our wine by the bottle.
A word from YEW seafood + bar
YEW seafood + bar - a dramatic restaurant with an open, interactive kitchen, features the freshest seafood the west coast has to offer. Executive Chef Ned Bell and the YEW team support a "Farm to Table" philosophy, sourcing ingredients from our local oceans, rivers and farms. Enjoy cocktails in front of the fireplace or at our intimate cocktail bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
YEW seafood + bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
YEW seafood + bar reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (52)great for lunch (41)good for groups (37)romantic (33)great for brunch (33)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Should come againVancouver888Dined on 9/25/2014My friends were in town and they wanted to have seafood so I picked this restaurant. We enjoyed the food, the service and the environment. Food portion is quite big for the price comparing to similar graded restaurants. Highly recommended the Seafood Platter! Even the one we picked is for two, it comes with 8 pcs of oysters, 4 pcs of scallops, 3 big pcs of tuna, a dish of shrimps, and a dish of lobsters! My friends and I were delighted and we enjoyed it so much that it's a must to order for your party! However, the only complaint I have is that the ventilation there isn't great. The cooking smell stayed all the time and we didn't have much fresh air there until we stepped out of the hotel. Overall experience is great regardless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningExperiencedDined on 9/22/2014Made reservation at YEW because of seafood. Was surprised to find it was located in Four Seasons Hotel. Had we known that in advance we probably would have selected another restaurant. That would have been too bad because the food, service and atmosphere were great. We would go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch Wine Specialluv2eatVIPDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed a great brunch with friends. 50% Wine special is awesome! Grand beverage and food selection. Relax environment. Prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Upscale BrunchTrnrmomVIPDined on 9/21/2014We popped in here precruise for a late brunch & enjoyed the ambience, the presentation & preparation of the food, and the service. Not as pricey as we expected, but the presentation was delightful.Special Features:
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014a good friend and I took her daughter for lunch this past saturday. My biggest disappointment was that I did not complain when we were in the restaurant, but it was bothering me since the bill was over 100.00. We did not have any alcohol. we ordered two tuna salads which were terrible. My friend ordered pasta with shrimp. My girlfriend could't eat as it was so salty!! Our tuna salads were either $23 or $25. the salad had been changed the past week and so my friend's daughter had it they previous way and I had the updated version. The old version was 2 lettuce leaves 3 pieces of asparagus, half grilled avocado, 3 olives, and 4 small slices of grilled tuna. Mine had 6 good size slices of tuna and on top of coleslaw that had no flavour.Special Features:
- AmazingKikigeeDined on 9/13/2014I needed to find a last minute reservation for a group of 7, and I am so happy this is where we ended up! It was a beautiful room and every single member of our party commented on our love for the high ceiling. Our server did an excellent job with wine recommendations and went through extra effort to hunt down specific bottles for us. The food was amazing! Amazing! I am definitely looking forward to my next visit to YEW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YewseafoodcrazyDined on 9/13/2014I liked the seafood menu. My dish, the tuna with veges was good, the vegetables cooked to perfection. I would say though that the tuna was salted a bit too much, the same could be said for the cheese rolls. I would suggest also that wine be available in half litres. All in all though, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Good weekend brunch spotmgh24Dined on 9/13/2014I met with a group for a Saturday brunch, along with a toddler. It was nice to see that Yew has a kids`menu and provide a colouring paper and crayons to occupy kids; an upscale, kid friendly place, excellent. The brunch was pretty good, not great just as the price might perhaps be a couple dollars more than elsewhere but, then again, it is well prepared and quality ingredients. So perhaps you pay a bit more for quality. The service is excellent - cudos to the staff from the moment you walk in the doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRuruVIPDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I arrived for our 7:30 pm reservation and were warmly greeted and promptly seated. Our waiter, who was a real seasoned pro arrived and took our very explicit cocktail order. We were delighted when our cosmos arrived with the perfect color and taste. We shared the tomato salad to start which was separated and beautifully plated. Fresh and tasty, also the perfect size for us. We both selected the halibut grilled which came with fresh veggies. My husband declared the halibut the very best he has ever eaten and I was in close agreement. We shared the vegan chocolate tort for dessert which was to die for. Not too sweet but very satisfying. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YewvandinerDined on 9/11/2014Yew Restaurant is my favourite downtown Vancouver lunch place . I often go on my own and as a single woman always feel comfortable . Friendly , well trained , knowledgeable staff . Menu choice varied . Food is always very good .Special Features:
- Waste of moneydoctor1VIPDined on 9/10/2014Menu and wine list both were indifferent at best. Surprising for a Four Seasons. The waiter did try hard. Lots of really good places in Vancouver that are worth the money
- AnotherRoundPleaseDined on 9/7/2014Resaurant was accommodating of both a traffic induced delay and a last minute increase in party size. Great laid back meal with no pressure to "flip the table". Our server Ashley was delightful. Extremely friendly, engaging and had some great wine picks. Plus, half price bottles of wine on Sundays is great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niiiicejacknjillDined on 9/4/2014it was our 10th anniversary, so they started things off right by comping us two glasses of Moet! Thanks Yew!! The room is beautiful, the service is intentionally non-stuffy, the food was great, etc. Shared scallops ceviche, tomato salad, paella - all delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!EateateatDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I enjoyed an amazing experience dining at Yew for our anniversary! The food was wonderful as was the service! I would recommend Yew to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceletseatoutDined on 8/31/2014This is the very first time that we have been disappointed with Yew. The service was not as good as usual. We hardly saw our waiter and in fact had to pour our own wine towards the end of our meal. Murray, the manager, helped to make our experience end on the right note with a glass of champagne at the bar - - it was our anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely awesomemo92Dined on 8/30/2014food is marvelous and fish so fresh and tasty... cooked and seasoned to perfection. and finally the wine specialist was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Just kind of an "off" night. Nothing was as good as usualI would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To Yew for flies in your foodDisgustedatYewDined on 8/30/2014I discovered eight fruit type flies in my red wine towards the end of our supper. The server only nonchalantly offered to replace the wine at no additional cost. The restaurant manager would only deduct the cost of my wife's wine and our appetizer from our bill. The front desk manager would do nothing further in this respect. I was disgusted, nauseated, our supper was ruined and I was left with a bill after this dreadful incident. It seems that the Four Seasons is not at all concerned with food safety nor customer service but appears to carry on business as usual. I certainly would expect much better from an establishment of this kind.
- An odd experience at Yewkennycooks2VIPDined on 8/30/2014Just looking at the service and food, Yew was good and I would recommend it. But when we arrived we were given a wine sheet and I remarked to my wife that it was very disappointing. We ordered from it and after that (about 5 minutes after), noticed that other diners were being given iPads for their wine list. Turns out they "just forgot" to give us one. I looked around and we were easily two of the best dressed people there, I hope we didn't look like lowlifes that wouldn't want decent wine. Very disappointed with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OkieDined on 8/28/2014The waitress was very helpful and pleasant. We were meeting guests from out of town and one was a vegan. They had a special menu just for vegans and he said it was outstanding! Fish was perfectly cooked. Great bar for drinks, food and people watching.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary at YewsJasperDined on 8/27/2014We made reservations about a month in advance and they gave us a great table to celebrate our anniversary. The food was good, the wine was great and the service was ecellent.Special Features:
- Great time, great foodmacho1337Dined on 8/23/2014Spectacular experience. Was my mother's birthday and we got complimentary dessert with an already excellent meal. Definitely want to come back!Special Features:
- always reliableJoyceVIPDined on 8/21/2014Business lunch: delicious tuna salad , pleasant ambiance , just always a reliable choice .....Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceAnacletusDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed an excellent working dinner early in the week. Food was great, but the service was memorable: from the moment we were seated at our discrete table by Sarah, through to the rest of the meal we received enough attention but not too much. It's a difficult balance to strike and the team at YEW did a great job.
- YEWPM19Dined on 8/18/2014After our first visit two weeks previously my wife and I couldn't resist a return visit, after our return to Vancouver. What a wonderful place this is for great food and service. It's a joy to go there.Special Features:
- Ok food, great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Good atmosphere and staff. Food however was moderate. Went for brunch. 1) Tuna sashimi - very fresh but taste and sauce was just ok 2) Pork belly - pork belly no flavor as too cooked and dry. Oddly matched with undercooked peas. Mushroom was well cooked. The dish just didn't go well together. 3) Warm chocolate cake - ok tasting Nothing special. Cake would have been better as lava cake. The place and staff are spectacular. Sitting there was just nice as the environment does that. Food... well I gotta eat.. To be honest not what I expected of the food. I was at the Mission Hill Epicurean dinner last year, and the head chef from Yew was there to make the food. His food was great. I thought the YEW would provide something great as well.Special Features:
- Fantastic!foodie4dinnerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great wine, oysters, service and ambience. Always a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but way overpricedFirestar501Dined on 8/14/2014This place is good but the cost was pretty ridiculous for the amount of food and the quality of food. It wasn't worth it in my opinion...Special Features:
- Great for Vegans but over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic menu, enjoyed vegan options with great drink options. However still feels like hotel restaurant, load and hallow. Prices were high end of that in the city without the ambanance. Service was great!Special Features:
- LunchTastebudsDined on 8/7/2014I visit Vancouver from Argentina about 6 times a year and and always have at least one lunch meeting at the Yew during each stay. The atmosphere is great, you can talk without screaming at each other, the food is always great and the service is tops - from the time you arrive at the front counter, to the walk to your table to the service once there. The food never disappoints. An excellent dining experience and good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YEWPM19Dined on 8/6/2014YEW provides a setting and ambience for a wonderful romantic dining eeperience. The service was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjennDined on 8/6/2014I enjoy the food and energy at YEW, but i've noticed that the food has been lacking on my last couple of visits. It's not bad, just not as inspired. I shared a seafood platter (coupon on travelzoo), a main (beef tenderloin) and a side of fries between two people. The platter was good, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I really enjoyed the black truffle aioli fries. The main was OK too, but pricey.Special Features:
- Great food; generous portionsJamesVDined on 8/3/2014You will come out of this restaurant happy and full. The food was great and they gave large portions for every item we ordered. For the food quality, portion size, service and ambiance that Yew provides, the cost was quite reasonable. This was one of the first higher-end restaurants I've been to (been mostly to Toronto restaurants) where I was full and had leftover food for the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpentable3Dined on 8/2/2014We decided to celebrate a birthday so we decided on Yew at the Four Season's. What a terrific decision. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was wonderful. The service was incredible. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good Service, food and locationBAC2VIPDined on 8/1/2014Good Service, food and location Enjoyed our visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GsmileyDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service. great for business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 7/29/2014I've been to Yew few times and it's always a wonderful experience. The service is very good and the food, not only look good but taste great.Special Features:
- Must try seafood platterFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Yew is definitely for seafood lovers. The seafood platter is a must try with condiments made from scratch, and all seafood are fresh and beautifully placed over ice. We also ordered main course, but the steak is of mediocre quality comparing to the seafood platter and the halibut special we ordered. It is a 14 oz rib eye steak, which has a lot of fat on it, and the texture is not tender. Well, go for seafood only at Yew, and you will be impressed.Special Features:
- Another Great Business LunchDaven109Dined on 7/24/2014The Yew does it again. Awesome food, great atmosphere and a perfect partner to make that great first impression on a new client. I always go with the special and it never ceases to amaze. Thanks again for another great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great selection of the seafood menu, and food was really good. We had a seafood tower for two and it was great presentation and portion. Also great selection of wine list. Our server seems didn't had a good knowledge of wines but service was just okay as he never top up our glasses. Sunday 50% bottle of wine deal is great, and much apprreciated. Definately will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.