YEW seafood + bar
791 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2T4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
YEW seafood + bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yewseafood.com/
- Phone: 6046924939x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ned Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Yew offers private dining for 10 people in our wine room.
Checkout more information at: http://www.yewseafood.com/private_dining/
- Private Party Contact: Emily Walker 6046095480x
- Special Events: Join us every Sunday & Monday for Wine Down. Enjoy 50% off all of our wine by the bottle.
A word from YEW seafood + bar
YEW seafood + bar - a dramatic restaurant with an open, interactive kitchen, features the freshest seafood the west coast has to offer. Executive Chef Ned Bell and the YEW team support a "Farm to Table" philosophy, sourcing ingredients from our local oceans, rivers and farms. Enjoy cocktails in front of the fireplace or at our intimate cocktail bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
YEW seafood + bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
YEW seafood + bar reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (46)great for lunch (44)good for groups (38)great for brunch (34)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (16)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014The waitress was very helpful and pleasant. We were meeting guests from out of town and one was a vegan. They had a special menu just for vegans and he said it was outstanding! Fish was perfectly cooked. Great bar for drinks, food and people watching.Special Features:
- Great time, great foodmacho1337Dined on 8/23/2014Spectacular experience. Was my mother's birthday and we got complimentary dessert with an already excellent meal. Definitely want to come back!Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceAnacletusDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed an excellent working dinner early in the week. Food was great, but the service was memorable: from the moment we were seated at our discrete table by Sarah, through to the rest of the meal we received enough attention but not too much. It's a difficult balance to strike and the team at YEW did a great job.
- YEWPM19Dined on 8/18/2014After our first visit two weeks previously my wife and I couldn't resist a return visit, after our return to Vancouver. What a wonderful place this is for great food and service. It's a joy to go there.Special Features:
- Ok food, great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Good atmosphere and staff. Food however was moderate. Went for brunch. 1) Tuna sashimi - very fresh but taste and sauce was just ok 2) Pork belly - pork belly no flavor as too cooked and dry. Oddly matched with undercooked peas. Mushroom was well cooked. The dish just didn't go well together. 3) Warm chocolate cake - ok tasting Nothing special. Cake would have been better as lava cake. The place and staff are spectacular. Sitting there was just nice as the environment does that. Food... well I gotta eat.. To be honest not what I expected of the food. I was at the Mission Hill Epicurean dinner last year, and the head chef from Yew was there to make the food. His food was great. I thought the YEW would provide something great as well.Special Features:
- Fantastic!foodie4dinnerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great wine, oysters, service and ambience. Always a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but way overpricedFirestar501Dined on 8/14/2014This place is good but the cost was pretty ridiculous for the amount of food and the quality of food. It wasn't worth it in my opinion...Special Features:
- Great for Vegans but over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic menu, enjoyed vegan options with great drink options. However still feels like hotel restaurant, load and hallow. Prices were high end of that in the city without the ambanance. Service was great!Special Features:
- LunchTastebudsDined on 8/7/2014I visit Vancouver from Argentina about 6 times a year and and always have at least one lunch meeting at the Yew during each stay. The atmosphere is great, you can talk without screaming at each other, the food is always great and the service is tops - from the time you arrive at the front counter, to the walk to your table to the service once there. The food never disappoints. An excellent dining experience and good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YEWPM19Dined on 8/6/2014YEW provides a setting and ambience for a wonderful romantic dining eeperience. The service was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjennDined on 8/6/2014I enjoy the food and energy at YEW, but i've noticed that the food has been lacking on my last couple of visits. It's not bad, just not as inspired. I shared a seafood platter (coupon on travelzoo), a main (beef tenderloin) and a side of fries between two people. The platter was good, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I really enjoyed the black truffle aioli fries. The main was OK too, but pricey.Special Features:
- Great food; generous portionsJamesVDined on 8/3/2014You will come out of this restaurant happy and full. The food was great and they gave large portions for every item we ordered. For the food quality, portion size, service and ambiance that Yew provides, the cost was quite reasonable. This was one of the first higher-end restaurants I've been to (been mostly to Toronto restaurants) where I was full and had leftover food for the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpentable3Dined on 8/2/2014We decided to celebrate a birthday so we decided on Yew at the Four Season's. What a terrific decision. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was wonderful. The service was incredible. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good Service, food and locationBAC2VIPDined on 8/1/2014Good Service, food and location Enjoyed our visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GsmileyDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service. great for business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 7/29/2014I've been to Yew few times and it's always a wonderful experience. The service is very good and the food, not only look good but taste great.Special Features:
- Must try seafood platterFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Yew is definitely for seafood lovers. The seafood platter is a must try with condiments made from scratch, and all seafood are fresh and beautifully placed over ice. We also ordered main course, but the steak is of mediocre quality comparing to the seafood platter and the halibut special we ordered. It is a 14 oz rib eye steak, which has a lot of fat on it, and the texture is not tender. Well, go for seafood only at Yew, and you will be impressed.Special Features:
- Another Great Business LunchDaven109Dined on 7/24/2014The Yew does it again. Awesome food, great atmosphere and a perfect partner to make that great first impression on a new client. I always go with the special and it never ceases to amaze. Thanks again for another great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great selection of the seafood menu, and food was really good. We had a seafood tower for two and it was great presentation and portion. Also great selection of wine list. Our server seems didn't had a good knowledge of wines but service was just okay as he never top up our glasses. Sunday 50% bottle of wine deal is great, and much apprreciated. Definately will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedScubajDined on 7/11/2014We were disappointed. The food was just ok, nothing outstanding. For the price you pay, there are much better seafood options in Vancouver.
- Hopefully it was an off dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014It may have just been a bad day, but everything seemed a bit off (even the oysters!). I've had very good meals here before, but this time it felt like we were eating in a hotel restaurant instead of in a good restaurant that happens to be in a hotel. That said, they were still extremely careful about a member of our party's food allergies. So, if you're entertaining someone with serious food allergies, I'd still recommend taking them there. Otherwise, I'll probably give it another shot at some point, but with all the amazing restaurants at this price I would have a hard time recommending it to others.
- Vancouver's bestSAVORYVIPDined on 7/4/2014No Doubt Vancouver's best! Everything from the service to the dessert was flawless . The food is simply scrumptous!Special Features:
- Great spot to start celebratingmcinaustinDined on 7/4/2014After many days of trying to find a suitable place for an 8-person dinner to kick off a decade-type celebration with long-time friends, one of whom is a vegetarian, i found Yew. We had dinner there before catching our train, and it was a delight. They placed us in the "private dining room" which is actually their wine supply room that is a glass enclosure in the middle of the restaurant. It has a huge skylight above it with a great light fixture, and being in there made the occasion feel extra special. We all enjoyed our meals very much, and our server (Jenny? maybe) was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joiseychowhoundVIPDined on 6/27/2014Friendly, but noisy. Food was not well executed with poor starters and bland, overly complicated mains. Seating was quite uncomfortable and constant movement of staff and guests makes for a not very upscale experience. Ubiquitous TVs don't help. I suppose it's okay (though not especially comfortable and certainly not cosy) for drinks and snacks, but otherwise not worth the bother.
- Exceptional Dining ExperiencJerBearlovesYewDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I would highly recommend Yew. It has an exceptional selection of fish and seafood, prepared with praise worthy skill and presented with friendly and effecient service. Congratulations to chef, servers and the entire crew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The service was exceptional - We weren't pressured to leave as soon as the complete was finished. The menu was awsome. Would receommend the bistro to my friends.Special Features:
- vacationanniversayDined on 6/20/2014we have always had great experiences eating at restaurants in the four seasons. this one is an exception. the service was the worst we have ever had. it was non-existent. we would not chose to eat there again. there are tons of great restaurants in Vancouver. try somewhere else.
- service questionableWinOneVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband ordered their beef tenderloin entree which was supposed to come with yukon gold mash and grilled asparagus. He asked if he could exchange for fries instead of the mash. No problem said the waiter. When his entree finally came, after a 30 minute wait, it was a small medallion of tenderloin with a little tray of fries on a huge plate. We both looked at the plate in confusion as it was missing the asparagus. Really, after 30 minutes, you've forgotten that? Not much of an apology for such a high end restaurant that boasts excellent customer service. Disappointed indeed.
- Great Dining ExperienceSatisfiedguestDined on 6/20/2014Had a beautiful and delicious dinner Jun20, 2014 and would highly recommend the YEW restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinnerworkmatesDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful food. Staff very flexible in preparing food and providing vegetables to our liking. The halibut was very moist, cooked to perfection. Very fun and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid bet!SELLEDined on 6/19/2014Yew is upscale, modern and classy. My ahi tuna salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ros2dineVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our server was not very attentive and did not attend to our or met our needs this time guess because it was father's day. We had ordered oysters to start and they never arrived, apparently our order got lost in the shuffle and our main had already arrived, therefore we were disappointed and told to cancel the oysters. We asked our eggs to be very runny and both our eggs, one was done perfectly and the other egg was over done, otherwise the meal was very good. we had to wait for quite some time for a refill on our coffee. Normally service here is excellent but as I said guess it was father's day but that should not have been an excuse for the service we received.Special Features:
- THANK YEW!KayyDined on 6/14/2014As always amazing food and service! We were celebrating our anniversary with friends and were seated in the semi-private room surrounded by the glass wine display. Crazy how a little change in seating area can make that much difference in the ambiance. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Yew was fantastic once againSireneDined on 6/8/2014My husband's birthday was on a Sunday so where else would I choose to take him for dinner but Yew with their great food and half-price wine list on Sundays. Service was impeccable - our waiter reminded me of a professional waiter in France only more friendly and willing to converse. When I suggested we have vodka with our oysters, he recalled a cocktail (Mr. Myuagi) no longer on the list that was created to pair with oysters. The food was fantastic as well. My favourite of the meal: strawberry-rhubarb scallops. Mmmmmmm.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be disappointed.PLevesqueVIPDined on 6/6/2014Up-scale casual dining in the Four Seasons Hotel. They prepare their fish to perfection. Their dishes are very well composed. Make sure you save room for some of their desserts - especially their house-made ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yew reinventionlutineDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten lunch in this restaurant for many years under several different names as the Four X Seasons has always worked hard to maintain high quality. The current reinvention is first class and the food delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday night special!FoodwinedocDined on 6/4/2014Can't say enough great things about this restaurant and our server Ashley. What started out as just dinner on a weds turned into a special occasion because of the exceptional food and service. Do not miss the halibut ceviche, shrimp scampi, or the lobster tacos! Ashley helped us navigate the wine list heavy with BC wines. We drank gros and petit manseng from France for the first time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/26/2014My wife and I just had got in to town and just were looking for a quick place to eat; this is not that place. But for a nice meal, this place was awesome. The BC spot prawns are a definite recommend; food was perfectly cooked. Also highly recommend the S'mores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its alrightPCTXDined on 5/25/2014The service was outstanding. The BC shrimp were really nothing special, but there was a giant hullabaloo made about them. I had the 4 course special. The ceviche was pretty poor as it was shrimp in lemon juice basically with some crisps and one piece of grapefruit. The flavor was ok, but there was some guacamole on the bottom of the cup which eventually mixed with the lemon juice. Eventually the avacado/juice merged into this gross looking green lumpy soup. I just fished the shrimp out and tried to remove the green soup. The next course was pan seared shimp and gnocci, which was good but nothing overly remarkable. Wife's Steak was undercooked and nothing special. Cocktails were hit and miss. Don't get negroni. Lots of Ambiance, soso food.Special Features:
- Always A Great Meal @ YewDiningDadDined on 5/24/2014Returned to Yew for dinner w/ friends after Cirque Du Soleil show, we were a bit early, and they accomodated us even though we were 30 mins early. Nice! Service was prompt, lots of server staff and staff in t shirts filling up water, bread, removing empty plates. We left around 10:30 pm and it was still almost full. Will return again soon!Special Features: