Yeti Indian Cuisine Restaurant
14301 Arnold Dr #19
Glen Ellen, CA 95442Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Yeti Indian Cuisine Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yetirestaurantusa.com/
- Phone: (707) 996-9930
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: Lunch 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: Dinner 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Nepalese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Yeti Indian Cuisine Restaurant
Our creative menu is a Nepalese-Indian fusion of both cultures. Our kitchen draws the best from Sonoma County by bringing you fresh seasonal produce meats & seafood. We offer traditional appetizers, curries, tandori and a number of vegetarian dishes. We have international and local beers in addition to our extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Yeti Indian Cuisine Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Glen Ellen ›
Yeti Indian Cuisine Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)scenic view (8)notable wine list (5)special occasion (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- It was excellent, food atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2013It was excellent, food atmosphere, but it was really hard with the waitress who didn't really understand or read English we ordered a bottle of wine and she couldn't get us the right bottleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodIpanemagirlVIPDined on 10/25/2013This neighborhood restaurant is welcoming with friendly service and good food. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodJackieVIPDined on 10/12/2013The food is amazing. Just one caution. There were four of us and the portions are small. We had the prawn and basil curry and there were only 5 shrimp in it. Hard to share when there are four of you.Special Features:
- Gem hidden in Glen EllenDbrown8302Dined on 10/5/2013We have had Indian food in New York, Washington, and Europe and Yeti ranks with the best.Special Features:
- Charning and exquisite Indian foodIntoGreatDiningVIPDined on 10/5/2013Having been to Nepal, I know this isn't typical yak meat fare but rather, a blend of the finest of the flavors the Himalayas have to offer. Just a wee bit different from a typical Indian restaurant and will appeal and excite anyone who loves Indian food. Finely crafted, generous portions, and a sweet atmosphere. Coming back again for sure!Special Features:
- Great food . . . far too expensiveFoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 10/4/2013My husband & I eat out frequently (3-4 times a week). Although the food is quite good, the prices are not justified - especially for the area. It's disappointing, because we love good Indian food. I took my mom & shared the following: 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert, 2 glasses of wine & 1 cup of coffee - & for almost $80 before tip! And, the service was almost non-existant. The restaurant was very busy - but we had to keep flagging someone down for anything whatsoever - it was quite frustrating - they never looked UP or at other tables to see if anyone needed anything. We weren't the only table complaining about the service! Nice people, but they really need to work on their customer service skills !!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever. Food was1PleaseddinerDined on 9/7/2013Better than ever. Food was superb, service was wonderful and well priced.Special Features:
- Went with my daughter andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2013Went with my daughter and we sat outside. It was a beautiful evening and sitting outside was just beautiful. The food was wonderful as usual. I have been to this restaurant frequently and the food is always amazing. The service was excellent and everyone is so friendly and will to please. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!foodloverDined on 8/17/2013This was our second time at Yeti and it was amazing!!!! we took our friends there and raved about it and glad that they loved it as well.The food is great, the outdoor patio was very cozy and nice and service was very good as well. we will back for sure!!!Special Features:
- Great spotterrapinDined on 8/15/2013Great outdoor dining area - lovely building - excellent Indian food. We brought our own wine and they provided ice bucket, glasses, and opened it for us - $10 corkage fee. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingStevieVVIPDined on 8/3/2013Yeti is an awesome restaurant. We love it. Anything you get seems to be consistently delicious. Thank you Yeti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of pace from French-CaliOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2013While staying in Sonoma we were getting tired of the French-Californian cuisine and needed a dose of curry. Overall a fairly decent curry house and quite accommodating to nut allergies. They clearly steered us away from any dishes which might contain such. We ordered Korma, Tikka, and Tikka Masala, all of which were quite good but the Korma in particular was tasty with a slight peppery heat. The Naan was visually spectacular but a bit lacking in garlic. And they never gave out any condiments or pappadams as is often customary for a starter. Steer clear of the table in the back it sits right under the AC which was blowing hard. Overall worth coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING, as alwaysEmmaJaneDined on 7/27/2013I love Yeti! I moved away for college but haven't found Indian food as good as this! It's always on my short list of restaurants to go to when I'm home. Get the garlic cilantro naan!! Not one bad dish on the menu, though I find it hard to stray from the chicken tikka masala.Special Features:
- We had a wonderfu time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/21/2013We had a wonderfu time. The food was fantastic, service great and the outdoor seating was beautiful!Special Features:
- A Favorite Dining SpotIpanemagirlVIPDined on 6/28/2013Consistently good food and charming staff add to the always enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an amazing discoveryNapanVIPDined on 5/26/2013This is an amazing discovery in a nondescript building off the side of the road before the entrance to Jack London State Park in Sonoma Valley. The restaurant meanders down an outdoor patio as well as inside the building. Unique location is the only way to describe. But the food was outstanding. The vegetarian selecions were numerous. And of course, being in Sonoma/Napa region the wine was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian/Nepali food in Glen EllenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We took our 96-year-old mother to Yeti for Mother's day lunch and loved it! We ate outside, where it was quiet and lovely with a view of the trees and creek below. Felt like being in Nepal! I chose to have the lunch special this time, which was Tandoori chicken, three vegetable curries, cucumber sauce, rice, salad and really great nan for $15. Topped it off with an Anchor Steam beer. The waiter was friendly and attentive, but not obtrusive. Inside there are several private alcoves for parties of 6-12 that looked inviting. Yeti is our new favorite Indian/Nepali restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Indian OasisDragon73Dined on 5/3/2013Our Book Club comes to Glen Allen every year for a weekend get away. I was worried about the group liking the food but they loved it and they raved about the naan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful and different entreesHeatherHGDined on 4/26/2013We enjoyed all the dishes and have to admit we didn't know what to expect was were very pleased with the flavor profiles of the different dishes we ordered. It was exotic and flavorful, a very nice change of pace.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome tasty food! Had pakoras,ksb48VIPDined on 4/23/2013Awesome tasty food! Had pakoras, tomato soup, garlic naan, Bagain Bartha, aloo gobi....rolled out of there! Awesome food!!!Special Features:
- Luncheon specials were a bitJackieVIPDined on 4/20/2013Luncheon specials were a bit pricey compared to ordering off the menu and sharing.Special Features:
- Everything we ordered wasSonyaniDined on 4/13/2013Everything we ordered was fantastic - and the service was warm, friendly and fast. Would definitely recommend - our 1 year old loved it too!Special Features:
- Very different but very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2013Very different but very good. Garlic nann is A must get, but be prepared to be full!!Special Features:
- Amazing food. very nice view.CClineDined on 4/6/2013Amazing food. very nice view. off the beaten path but worth a short 20 minute drive from sonoma.Special Features:
- The food was really good.Ti5mVIPDined on 3/23/2013The food was really good. Do not miss momo among the appetizers and their naan. Sit outside and enjoy a beautiful Sonoma landscape. But do expect comically bad service. Some of that may be just "lost in translation." An adjacent table asked for the check and got chai. There's more, but ... just come prepared.Special Features:
- Yeti has a wonderful selectioncressey6Dined on 3/17/2013Yeti has a wonderful selection of Indian and Nepalese foods at reasonable prices. It is in a lovely setting and the service is very good. There are lots of Indian restaurants these days, but it's rare to find one that specializes in Nepalese foods as well as regional Indian dishes. One Nepalese appetizer, Momo, was new to us and it was delicious. It consists of dumplings that look like Chinese steamed dumplings, filled with a flavorful mix of vegetables and spices (there is a meat version as well). The texture of the dumplings was exactly as it should be and the seasonings were just right. Our butter Naan was hot and fresh and cooked to perfection. Samosas and Chicken Tikka Masala were also noteworthy.Special Features:
- As always the food was wonderfulMrsParkerDined on 3/15/2013As always the food was wonderful and the service was greatSpecial Features:
- We love Yeti--been going thereUnclbarVIPDined on 3/15/2013We love Yeti--been going there for years. The food was a good as usual, but this time the service was, put gently, spotty. Well-meaning, friendly, but uneven. Of course we'll go back, but hopefully they will have their act a bit more together.Special Features:
- Yeti is an overlooked gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2013We had a great meal at Yeti. There were five of us, we ate family style and tried lots of dishes. All great!Special Features:
- Yeti is one of our favoriteLocalDined on 2/16/2013Yeti is one of our favorite restaurants in Sonoma County. From the relaxing atmosphere to the kind staff to amazing food, we can't write enough positive words about this restaurant. I find that I lose track of time when I enter Yeti; my entire focus becomes our meal and the company at the table. I highly reccomend this restaurant. For my relatives, friends, and visiting business guests, Yeti is my favorite local restaurant.Special Features:
- We'll be back.AmyGDined on 2/15/2013We went with a small group so we were able to try a number of dishes. The food was excellent, fresh and tasty. We will be back.
- Small multi level restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013Small multi level restaurant with very open kitchen. Wonderful food. Okey service.Special Features:
- Standard Nepalese fare. AJessVIPDined on 12/13/2012Standard Nepalese fare. A little less flavorful than one might like. Pretty, authentic looking, relaxing location. Cooks are in no hurry - sometimes our naan doesn't come until halfway through the meal, even if we keep asking. Also: they tend not to check us in at OpenTable so we have to contact OT to get our points. Still, a nice, cozy spot with fairly tasty Himalayan cuisine.Special Features:
- The shrimp curry is the bestJmasonDined on 12/8/2012The shrimp curry is the best we have ever had. And the naan was so Much fun to watch it being prepared and it was delicious!Special Features:
- This was our second trip toBillDined on 11/8/2012This was our second trip to Yeti before we pack up and move back to Minnesota from Glen Ellen, CA. The food and atmosphere are great overlooking Sonoma Creek.Special Features:
- Great food in rustic Glenn EllenStevieVVIPDined on 10/25/2012We love Yeti! Great food in the rustic setting of Glenn Ellen, just beautiful!Special Features:
- As always, great food, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012As always, great food, nice variety and excellent service...Special Features:
- We like to eat outside butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/12/2012We like to eat outside but the yellow jackets were in hyper drive, inside was okay but they need air condition on those warm summer nights. LOVE the food!Special Features:
- Yeti is great food in an amazingKevboDined on 8/4/2012Yeti is great food in an amazing historic building. The family owned business is always great - food, service, and fun. Tikki Masala and Chicken Tandoori are still our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Yeti againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012We took some foodie friends to Yeti for their first visit. We all loved the food. They were also impressed with the decor. Everyone had a different entree and we shared (Please don't tell Miss Manners). From fish to chicken to lamb to curries, every item was wonderfully seasoned and prepared. We all will return frequently.Special Features: