Yesterday's Food & Spirits
12594 Adams Rd
Granger, IN 46530Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Yesterday's Food & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yesterdays-granger.com/
- Phone: (574) 272-7017
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Evonne and Bill Corbett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available only through direct communication with the management of Yesterday's.
- Private Party Facilities: We have smaller, private dining rooms that can accommodate parties in size from twelve to thirty five, available either on the main floor, or upstairs. Please keep in mind, this is an old farm house, with a farm house floor plan.
- Private Party Contact: Evonne Corbett 5742727017
- Entertainment: Outside entertainment is featured twice a week during the summer months on our outdoor patio, weather permitting. The music style is vocal with acoustic guitar.
A word from Yesterday's Food & Spirits
Yesterday's of Granger sits in one of the third oldest homes in St Joseph County, featuring a unique dining atmosphere like no other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yesterday's Food & Spirits - Best Restaurants in Granger ›
Yesterday's Food & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (11)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- My favorite local restaurantJenDDined on 11/12/2014We've been coming to Yesterday's for years, and they never disappoint....From the roasted garlic--all the way to the decadent desserts!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!theZimmsDined on 11/3/2014We love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. We definitely would return to try more dishes. My husband had the New York CheeseSteak sandwich with waffle cut fries, and a cup of the potato soup. I had the pan sautéed yellow lake perch with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh steamed veggies with a house salad and house dressing. It was absolutely delicious! We HIGHLY RECOMMEND this wonderful little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedfidelgastroDined on 10/25/2014Started out great, good cocktails, appetizer and salad. I ordered an item that had a filet with bernaise sauce and lump crab meat and my wife ordered the baked cod. It took way to long between the salad and main course and the place was not crowded and no explanation. Waiter was a very nice guy but seemed to be getting more scarce by the minute. The filet was perfect but the crab meat was minuscule at best. The cod was bland and not hot, very bad texture. The waiter did offer another entree but we declined because we did not want to wait and not eat together, so I shared my meal with my wife. The free desert we accepted was OK but the digressing experience we were having probably contributed to that. Not in a hurry but 2+ hrs. not good.Special Features:
- Great FindBicyclingGrandmaDined on 10/24/2014I was searching for someplace special to take my husband for his birthday dinner. A co-worker recommended Yesterday's. I have not lived in the area for too many years, so I am not real familiar with the area. I took my co-workers recommendation and was pleasantly surprised to discover ithat Yesterday's is everything she told me it would be. Great food, very friendly service and an indescribable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Enormous serving sizesfoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food was yummy! The serving size is huge - you can easily share a dinner. The dessert portions easily serve 4!Special Features:
- Love the Brie & DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014You can never go wrong with anything you order here. Everything is delicious but the baked brie appetizer and their huge selection of home made desserts keep me coming back.Special Features:
- Can't wait for more.fit13Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely loved everything. Great service, amazing food, amazing atmosphere. We can't wait to go back! And, the desserts are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Going BackSpeechlessDined on 9/20/2014I took my girlfriend out for her birthday and chose Yesterday's making me look like a fool. This was single handedly the worst dining experience I've ever had, and on such a special day for her. We were asked to order our food before our drinks. I had to bring it up. The sodas then came 20 mins later and were wrong. Our food arrived about an hour after sitting down. This was not the biggest problem however. We were never brought our salads and bread. Only after asking about them did the waitress bring them after getting our food. Our steaks were not cooked correctly, one of them so raw in the middle I advised my girlfriend to not eat it. Only was offered 1 free dessert as compensation. Couldn't wait to get out of there!(2 hours later..)
- Wonderful trip to YesterdayIrishRedVIPDined on 9/20/2014Loved this restaurant years ago when we lived in the neighborhood and so happy to revisit Yesterday and find it hadn't changed a bit..great place to reserve if you are going to an ND game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but disappointingluvdateniteDined on 9/5/2014We were unaware of the "select" menu during Notre Dame weekend so that was very disappointing as we knew what we wanted before we got there and then it wasn't even available. Prices were sky high. We had difficulty selecting something that we wanted to eat. The place has nice ambiance but it was so loud in there that you couldn't even hear yourself think much less have a conversation with someone without having to yell across the table. The desserts should be offered on a menu so you can actually read and consider what you really want, plus be aware of the price. I ordered cheesecake and quite frankly, I can do better plus mine tasted stale at the end. Not so sure we will be back.Special Features:
- MaverickDined on 8/30/2014Fun ambiance, wonderful wait staff, large menu choices,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014The food continues to impress. The brie appetizer was outstanding. Entrees of coconut shrimp and the nightly special of duck with blackberry sauce were excellent. There are some good wine values as well (although many bottles are overpriced). It does seem to take a long time for the food to arrive at the table, but when it comes, enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 Years Celebration50YearsCelebrationDined on 8/22/2014Yesterday's did a great job making my parent's 50th celebration special. It was my parents first time at Yesterday's and I'm sure it will not be their last. The staff and service was awesome!Special Features:
- fun & foodtastic2foodiesDined on 8/22/2014Fun place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Excellent menu choices and food was delicious. The Black and Blu Steak was so tender it almost melted in my mouth! Desserts were absolutely wonderful. VERY difficult to choose as there were so many and all looked fantastic. Ended up choosing Chocolate Cream Pie and the Four Berry Torte. GREAT CHOICES! Service was friendly, knowledgeable, and very attentive without being overly attentive. Absolutely will go back SOON>Special Features:
- ServiceERINVIPDined on 8/20/2014Service is outstanding. We are recognized when entering the restaurant and treated like we are important guests while dining. Super place for snacks, drinks, sandwiches or a gourmet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local FindPGMORANDDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful neighborhood spot with owners who excel at service and desserts.Special Features:
- hatetocookDined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent and well presented! Especially loved the dessert.Special Features:
- Birthday meal50yrPirateDined on 7/26/2014We had a very nice time and meal. The food was great, our waiter, Thomas, did a great job for only his second day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Yesterday's Food & Spirits reviews archive.
- First Timersgr8foodDined on 6/28/2014Ryan, our waiter, did an outstanding job making our first experience at Yesterday's a memorable one. My husband ordered a pasta dish. The menu described it made w/angel hair pasta but he requested fettucine, his request was granted with no problem. My choice was the pecan crusted walleye, although my personal opinion was the pecans overwhelmed the fish and ended up scrapping most of it off…although I discovered the nuts tasted great with my sweet potato on the side…so I was a happy camper in the end. We loved the eclectic decor and memorabilia everywhere, what a whimsical atmosphere to dine in. We will definitely be back to sample the rest of the menu in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What are they trying to do here?maybenexttimeDined on 6/14/2014Yesterday's was highly recommended by others so we went for a special occasion and were pretty let down. Upon walking in I wasn't impressed at all. There was junk/pictures EVERYWHERE and the hostess? kept her back to us while she talked to us about where we wanted to sit, she was too busy with something else behind the counter. We chose to sit outside... it was all mismatched PLASTIC patio chairs, a couple tables had newer sling style chairs. The whole atmosphere was confusing and did not feel like a nice restaurant. It was like a mix of a tiki bar and a dive bar. The food was good...but not great. The service was quite slow for it being later in the evening and not very busy. The menu/pricing does not match the decor at all.
- friendly but slow and so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The staff were very nice, however, we had a reservation and we still had to wait, in a very small space, for 30 minutes. After waiting at the table for 20 minutes, we had to ask a busboy passing by for water. Waited another 15 minutes before we were able to place our orders. My son set a timer to see how long it would be between placing our orders and getting our entrees...49 minutes. (We did get the soups/salads in between.) My food was cold, and nothing really to rave about. Supposedly known for their desserts, the server presented this horrible pile with of all them mushed together. Very unappetizing. Because the people were friendly we would like to recommend it, but there were just too many issues.
- Over pricedIndianaCPADined on 5/14/2014I had heard good things about Yesterday's so I reserved a table for two to celebrate a 31st wedding anniversary. It was on a week night at 5:00pm. I had never been there for a meal. They opened at 4:00pm but the server was slow to greet us because she was still prepping for the evening. After greeting us she was helpful and attentive. Half way through the meal, a larger group came in and our server disappeared. The salad was drenched in dressing; the tomatoes were overripe, dark and mushy; the sweet potatoes were overcooked and too fibrous to eat and belonged in the trash not on a plate; and the fruit pie had too much cinnamon. My wife's food was good except for the pasta which was overcooked and clumped together. Paid $90 for a bad meal.
- RecommendDobieLoveDined on 5/13/2014Cute place with great food! But be prepared, it's hard in the wallet!Special Features:
- Great food but very slow serviceMichianaDined on 5/11/2014We went there at noon for mothers day and the restaurant was pretty full but we did see several empty tables. The service was extremely slow bordering on annoying. Took almost a half hour between ordering our salads and having them brought to the table. Entres were about the same and the desert times were worse. Six of us ordered desert and after twenty minutes our waiter delivered three and did not come back to the table with the other three desserts for another ten minutes. The only issue was ridiculous time between courses.. Overall the food quality was great and portions were generous, especially the salads and deserts. Start to finish were were there just under three hours.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2014We had not been there in years and we were very impressed. Drinks were good, food was tasty and service was very good.
- Friday Night Desert!luvdesertDined on 4/25/2014Food was great as usual. The time we waited for service and our food was less than desirable! The restaurant was not busy however we waited a very long time at the door, at our table, and almost 30 min for our deserts that are already made. Scott was our waiter and he was fantastic just as he was the last time he took care of my table. Just wish the wait time was not as long as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at YesterdaysSistersDined on 4/19/2014The food was outstanding...it always it. I don't go here frequently...more for a special occasion. It is my first go to restaurant for that because the food is outstanding and the atmosphere is cozy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-Hideous DecorMichianaDined on 4/16/2014My wife and I went out to dinner at Yesterday's for our anniversary. It was probably fifteen years since we last visited as we moved out of the state and recently returned. Overall we loved the food and service but the décor looks like it was decorated using garage sale and flea market junk; they even had Christmas lights strung throughout the room we were in. Considering this is a very old farm house I believe they should try to build on that theme and not the over cluttered look they have. It is a shame to have such great food served in such a gaudy atmosphere. They would be a great candidate for the “Restaurant Makeover” TV show; the food is right there but the décor surely needs a lot of decorating help.Special Features:
- Food was good, service was slowMikeVIPDined on 4/5/2014We've been to Yesterday's many times over the past 10 years, but it seems the service level has declined, but prices continue to increase. We asked to be moved from the first table because of how noisy it was and it took 2.5 hours from start to finish for our table for four. Our waiter was very pleasant, but the time it took for the meal was too long. The desserts are great, but for the cost of the rest of the meal I can think of other places to eat. I think this place is better for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeToppeDined on 4/5/2014We booked for a small family special occasion gathering and it was a fantastic evening. Our server was wonderful, warm personality helpful with the menu and provided excellent service from beginning to end. Food was plentiful and outstanding in quality and preparation. I was tempted drive back the next day for another dessert! Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellant asOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Everything was excellant as always except they appeared to be experiencing a problem in the kitchen as each course took much longer than usual to arrive - it took us almost 3 hours from start to finish for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic timeLove2EatDined on 3/22/2014We had four people at our table and everybody was very happy with their dinners. Had planned to go Downtown SB but so glad we changed our minds. Yesterday's is very intimate and their desserts are all very sumptuous! Roger is a great waiter as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect!FamilydinerDined on 3/21/2014There isn't anything negative that I could say about this place! Very true to the theme love the atmosphere and people. All the staff very friendly even late at night they wanted to be there! Food fabulous and get some bang for your buck! The desserts leave you speechless!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful 11th weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014We had a wonderful 11th wedding anniversary dinner at Yesterday's! Dinner was great & desserts outta this world as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELIGHTED!!!cookieladyDined on 3/21/2014As usua,l our evening Birthday celebration meal was outstanding in all aspects. Wonderful variety of wine choices.Tasty shrimp appetizer.My favorite meal choice is the oriental plum chicken! Great serving amounts and wonderful presentations.We love the personable wait staff,who give amazing service.We always top off a meal with their famous Yesterday's sundae,from their amazing dessert tray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceDeanoDined on 3/15/2014This was our first time there and I can't say enough about this place. The decor was spot-on considering the name. Everyone there was friendly and very attentive to our needs. My wife has a lot of food allergies and they were more than happy to accomidate her. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. I had the Prime Rib with garlic mashed potatoes. It was so tender. The whole desert tray looked fantasitic and we ended up getting the Apple Dumpling for 2. Wow, it was the size of a normal apple pie! Of course after the huge meal we had, we ended up taking most of that home. Great place!Special Features:
- Great food and perfect pacingmishawakadinerDined on 3/11/2014My wife and I celebrated an anniversary here after recommendations from many friends and it lived up to all the anticipation! The menu is diverse and features many unique sauces and preparations. We ordered an appetizer, soups, entrees, and dessert; the entree and dessert portions were generous. The pacing of the meal was perfect. One portion didn't come out until we had finished the previous one, so we were able to enjoy each portion at the appropriate temperature. We got our dessert to go because we were so full, but the waitress still brought out their dessert feature tray to choose from which shows a slice of each of their cakes and pies; these alone are worth going for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor quality fooddujarie75Dined on 3/1/2014have eaten here number of times. Terrrbly disappointed this time. Food was lukewarm, prime rib as hard to cut. Service was very good to excellent but I was seriously disappointed in this experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPEIGenDined on 2/26/2014I hosted to co-workers from our corporate Philly office. They said it was the best food they had all week......and that was before dessert! After tasting his enormous treat, my associate texted his wife who had never seen such a presentation. As usual, my steak was very tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to YesterdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I have been to Yesterdays several times and it is always delightful. Great options, good presentation, and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.