Yekta Kabobi Restaurant
1488 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
Yekta Kabobi Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yekta.com/
- Phone: (301) 984-0005
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday 11am-9pm Friday and Saturday 11am-10pm Sunday 11:30am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All of our dishes are also available for catering. If you want us to cater your event, please notify us of your order 24-48 hours ahead of time depending on the size of the order. This will ensure our ability to have everything you request. We recommend that you provide us with your own dishes to prepare your order, otherwise, we will provide carryout disposable dishes. Please call us at (301)984-0005 to place an order.
A word from Yekta Kabobi Restaurant
Yekta Kabobi is a unique family owned and operated authentic Persian restaurant. We were the first middle eastern grocery store and restaurant in the DC metropolitan area, and have been around since 1979. We specialize in the making of all types of kabobs. We also offer authentic Persian cuisine on a daily basis. We are located in Rockville, Maryland and easily accessible from anywhere in the Washington metropolitan area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Yekta Kabobi Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Yekta Kabobi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (4)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- My VIP guests really enjoyed the food and wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014All the Kabobs were well roasted and tasty, and I asked for a good combination to introduce Iranian roasts to my friends. They all loved the starters as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yekta KabobiArtMVIPDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant offers a variety of interesting Persian dishes combined with a knowledgeable and highly professional wait staff.Special Features:
- Best Persian Food in Mont. CountyFoodCriticVIPDined on 11/1/2014I have been coming here for the last 20 years! The food is always outstanding, the service is always excellent. The ambiance is nice and the restaurant is always very clean. I also order takeout on a regular basis. Yekta is one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!RhmddumDined on 10/29/2014Yekta is a great place to enjoy Persian food. You can generally get in and out quickly if you're in a rush. Or you can linger over wine, appetizers, a nice meal and dessert while checking out the paintings on the walls. My favorite dish is still the chicken kabob with 1/2 rice and 1/2 salad. Everyone is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love going to Yekta!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/19/2014The food is always wonderful, and the service is top-notch as well. The owner makes us feel welcome and we are always greeted with friendly smiles. This is definitely a neighborhood gem, and a place to go for a consistently good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 10/8/2014We have taken so many friends here and everyone has agreed that the food and overall experience was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greenieGreenieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Consistently very good middle eastern food. Their varieties of rice are amazing nd their kabobs deliciousSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasant experienceRhmddumDined on 8/31/2014We visited Yekta for a pleasant dinner of chicken kabobs and to get out of our house during a power outage. It was delicious and relaxing.Special Features:
- Always a winnerRiseDined on 8/29/2014Yekta is so consistently terrific. The service is wonderful and the food is exceptional. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greenieGreenieVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great ethnic restaurant swerving Persian cuisine. Has been consistently great...salads, eggplant, hummous, kebabsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I know we can always count on Yekta for a good dining experience. The kebobs are excellent, the service is attentive, our open table reservations are honored on time and the prices are reasonable - what more can you ask for.Special Features:
- Delicious kabobsRhmddumDined on 8/1/2014The chicken kabob with 1/2 rice, 1/2 salad is my favorite. The chicken was cooked perfectly. Everyone at the restaurant is friendly and unpretentious. And it's fun to shop at the attached persian market after you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerRichardVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very large portions you can share one plate Good service excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Yekta Kabobi Restaurant reviews archive.
- quite tastyanotherfoodieDined on 7/12/2014enjoyed the meal very much. the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bet for kabobsPeterVIPDined on 7/6/2014Yekta Kabobi is two steps up from the plastic-plate-and-utensil kabob shops. The menu is extensive with Middle Eastern delights as well as many different kabob options. Recently our chicken kabob came to the table hot and moist, with rice laced with lentils and raisins. Service is attentive without being obtrusive. After your meal pop in next door to stock up on pistachio, rose water and sugar laced cookies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for another great meal!lovemypupDined on 6/19/2014We were celebrating a birthday and, as usual, the food and service were outstanding! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great Persian food!FoodiefromSFDined on 6/14/2014Gormeh Sabzi was excellent! Things were cooked well! I was surprised that they charged for the herb/feta appetizers, most Persian places have that as part of the onion and bread appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back...again!RandyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Everything met up with our expectations on this our second visit to Yekta. Our handsomely smiling waiter was very attentive and ready to explain the changes to the menu. There are some new, unique rice sides available and I'd recommend them either the cherry or the lentil and rasin. This is one place you can eat and not feel rushed or forgotten and have a good bottle of wine and some good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryinbethesdaDined on 5/23/2014Our party of six was accommodated promptly at the appointed time and served well by the waitstaff. Food was excellent. Variety was somewhat limited, but each of us found an entree to our liking. Pleasant environment except for noise level as restaurant filled up...very clattery and as one with moderate hearing loss, I found it difficult to converse. One of our party was disappointed in absense of FULL bar...she likes martinis before meals. On balance, we had a very positive and enjoyable experience at Yekta and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yekta is greatLebo9Dined on 5/17/2014Meat a bit too well done but otherwise all is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian cuisineGreenieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Have been there a number of times....everyone had a tasty meal. Service was terrific. A nice neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent dinner for large table of 14 people. Excellent food. Ordered family style for varied assortment of food specialties. Service good. Very accommodating and friendly. Called to confirm reservation. Very comfortable due to open side doors that allowed nice breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Persian Food in MDecfoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Best, hands down. Order any traditional items off the menu and you will leave satisfied.Special Features:
- DissapontingNatashVIPDined on 4/25/2014Was looking forward for a good rich persian meal. However it was less than mediocre. A really boring meal.
- Good at reasonable pricesMorrisVIPDined on 4/23/2014A great place to go for well prepared food at very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family running restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014It is a restaurant with warm atmosphere and great food that good service will let you enjoy the moment.Special Features:
- First time...will return!RandyVIPDined on 4/5/2014We had a thoroughly enjoyable dinner. The waiter was very pleasant and helpful and the atmosphere was very nice for being located in a "strip shopping center." We were very pleased with the taste of all the dishes and the portions were appropriately sized for the prices. We got one small and one large meal and it was plenty for two. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open-table blunderGaryDined on 3/29/2014Even though we had a restaurant confirmation restaurant had no reservation for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent kabobsLindaVIPDined on 3/29/2014I've eaten here for a number of years. My office was close so, until 2008, I ate here almost weekly. The food is still first rate altho it can get somewhat noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGR8experienceDined on 3/21/2014Always a great choice for dinner - excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemdennisDined on 3/21/2014We would never have found this semi-hidden gem if not for the Open Table listing. The signage outside is a Mexican restaurant and a Persian grocery store. The side door is shared with the grocery store. Service was very good and not intrusive. The server shared that the Persian new year was the day before and that explained the New Year greetings that we heard from other guests and staff. The menu was small and mostly ethnic focusing on kabobs. Since our favorite is lamb that was our choice. The food was excellently prepared and very tasteful. We will be back when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Best value for moneykristirueDined on 3/9/2014Yekta offers one of the best values around. For modest prices you have an interesting variety of delicious dishes. The ambiance is friendly, attractive, buzzing. We highly recommend it for a casual, satisfying, and relatively inexpensive dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best cucumber yogurt!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2014It is hard to find authentic Persian cuisine in this side of the Tigris River, but I'm a fan of Yekta. Food is good, definitely family friendly and casual, with diner-like ambiance off Rockville Pike. The best part is the Persian supermarket next door, where you can stock up on niche items from varieties of pistachios to dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Yekta after passingDineswithKidsDined on 2/8/2014We went to Yekta after passing it for years. It is beautiful inside, the prices are moderate and the food was fresh, interesting and delicious. We went with our three kids (12, 6, 3) and they really enjoyed the chicken kabobs and asked to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great tasty mealCoolcatVIPDined on 2/8/2014Always a great tasty meal with 5 star service. Our #1 pick in the area.Special Features:
- Our Kids love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/3/2014We dine frequently, because we never have a problem with the kids.The service and the food are good. The restaurant is small so there is no noise level. Next door is an Iranian Food Market from where we take home goodies each time. Everything is just perfect for a small family dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dining experienceMiriamDined on 1/26/2014We went to celebrate my companion's 71st birthday. The food was well seasoned and delicious. Everything was freshly prepared. When I asked about buying an appetizer to take home, the waiter kindly informed us we could buy it at their adjacent market for a better price. He was helpful throughout, and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but not outstandingSammyDVIPDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I went there for one of our very few date nights after reading rave reviews. The food was solid, but not the quality we were anticipating. When you're on a budget and going out to dinner is a splurge, you really want it to be memorable, although the food was good, it was not particularly anything to pursue again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mezzeDCVikingDined on 1/4/2014If you like middle eastern mezze and traditional persian fare this is a great restaurant. It is reasonably priced and the service is excellent! A go to place for kabobs and many other good dishes.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013This was our first visit to this restaurant and we had a great time. The food, service ambiance and vibrations were really good. I would recommend it to everyone for any occasion and special ones too. Overall it was great and we plan to go back and try different dishes.Special Features: