3500 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4044674988
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Tuesday -Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jorge Ortiz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Acoustic Sets.
A word from Yebo
Yebo is the newest restaurant creation from Restaurateur Justin Anthony. Taking cues from its sister restaurant, 10 Degrees South, Yebo specializes in South African Tapas,and is a unique offering to Phipps Plaza and the Buckhead area. The vibe is hip and sophisticated while the decor screams safari chic!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Yebo reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (18)romantic (17)special occasion (16)notable wine list (15)late-night find (14)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014The servers are knowledgeable and attentive. Great service and the food is delicious - seasoned well and unique combination of food. Loved it and will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing and innovative foodAveryRanchFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014The traditional South African bobotie was delicious, as was the Fried Chicken (served with the yummiest Bacon Collared Greens I have ever tasted). I've never thought of South Africa in terms of cuisine before, but am looking forward to sampling more of what their food Has to offer via this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of South AfricaWouldRatherNotCookDined on 9/29/2014Loved the red bean hummus and I thoroughly enjoyed the mac & cheese. My friends devoured their french fries with truffle oil and their shrimp & grits. The service is very nice and Yebo has a TON great wines.Special Features:
- A must try!MelymelDined on 9/20/2014Everything about Yebo is enjoyable. Awesome food and great service. We had the Ostrich sliders and mussels, both we're amazing. The lava cake is great for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar food, average serviceQualityPleaseDined on 9/20/2014Great location, but eh food. We tried several recommended items: lamb was cook to a good temperature, but was nothing special...kind of lifeless and limp. Fried chicken was dry and plopped on an otherwise tasty corn puree. Eh. Shrimp dish with polenta-type side was just not good. Shrimp did not taste fresh and sauce was just ok. Even popcorn was subpar...popcorn! I wish it was better.
- ExcellentAnonymousVIPDined on 9/14/2014My favorite neighborhood spot. Excellent food and service. You never know who you will see when dining at Yebo.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014By far one of my favorite restaurants in Buckhead. The lobster couscous and mussels keep me coming back for more! And, the live music on Fridays and Saturdays is a great touch.Special Features:
- Great tapasLisatVIPDined on 9/11/2014The perfect hit before a movie our shopping. The tapas is Wonderful. We did not have wine this time but try the Ernie Els Big Easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeah bo!ErvingVIPDined on 8/22/2014Yes, indeed! If you haven't tried South African food yet, or are just dying for ostrich, this is the place to go. Live music Friday nights and a great crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/15/2014This spot offers a unique element for an evening experience. I enjoyed the music and food. Good times!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Bunny ChowMsNomNomDined on 7/25/2014The seafood bunny chow was not lacking in any category! I barely finished my meal, it was just great! The sauce was very rich and there was (almost) an even amount of seafood; their could have been a bit more shrimp but hey! I would definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Rude, snippy service; obnoxiousOTPDinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014A friend wanted a good place for a group of girlfriends and I picked Yebo, having been before. I recalled a pretty good menu and super-convenient location. The food's still pretty good, the location is still convenient, but I will never go here again and urge you all to avoid it. It's a smallish place and yet someone thought it would be a good idea to have a LOUD live musician wailing away on Eric Clapton's greatest hits (no offense Eric). The musician actually was very talented but would have been better suited to Chastain Park, not a small enclosed restaurant where people might actually want to talk. I asked if the music could be lower and the waiter sneered, then maintained a rude, snippy, unpleasant attitude - ruining our night.
- First TimetrureviewDined on 7/23/2014Had a small group from work try it out and were pleasantly surprised. Server was excellent, food was delicious, and they had a one person acoustic player that did a great job. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Great popcorn! Seriously, great popcorn. Interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGaganDined on 7/4/2014I love Yebo! Have been plenty of times and it's amazing food! Everything from there truffle fries to the seafood bread bowl! It's all delicious and great house music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Yebo reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014I did not feel this was South African fusion; not with popcorn, fries, and tacos. Most of the food was alright but not innovative. Service was ok.
- great for after work drinksbrjwDined on 6/10/2014I had drinks with a client after work one day. Great service, nice ambiance, not too loud. Shared some small plates and had some nice cocktails. Very convenient with the valet just outside the front door of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchFoodexplorerDined on 6/10/2014Awesome Bread bowls! Will go back for more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not South AfricanR1M1VIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was good, however I would not classify it as South African food. Most of the food is southern cuisine with South African names. They should name the restaurant something else and classify it as something else. If you want South African food go to 10 Degrees South.
- Great hot spot!Highly recommend it!strawberryappleDined on 6/6/2014Loved both of my visits to Yebo! Both visits were on the weekend...Friday and Saturday nights. The first time was a date and the second time a girls' night out. Small plates, good drinks, attractive people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little find!AshFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Yebo is a very fun, trendy tapas restaurant at Phipps Plaza. While labeled "tapas," most of the small plates could suffice for one's entire meal, although it is more fun to order a couple of items and share them all. You must try the pop corn (don't underestimate this treat!), mac-n-cheese, prime rib and fry sandwich, and the salmon... just a few of my favorites.Special Features:
- A very nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014We enjoyed our experience very much! Our server, Liz, was very helpful and did a fantastic job! There was also very nice live singing and acoustic guitar. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good food but too noisyTinaVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food quality and service was excellent. My only complaint is that the noise level is too loud for such a small space. There was a dj on fri evening and so loud that we couldn't event talk with one another. The space is very intimate but the noise level killed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yebo sassy and classyTealtalkDined on 5/11/2014I met a new friend and we both enjoyed the dining experience on Mothers Day. Anthony was on Mic and guitar. His raspy vocals sealed the deal! Wonderful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE YEBO!eatdrinkbemerry3737VIPDined on 5/11/2014Original menu with a great vibe. Food and drinks are outstanding!! Do not miss the Yebo Zulu cocktail this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have gone betterWilsonDined on 5/9/2014From management, owners, to service staff - everyone treated us like we were VIPs dining with them. The food was incredible and the atmosphere made my first date perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonyaVIPDined on 5/3/2014The mussels are absolutely amazing! It comes with toast that has pieces of bacon in it, absolutely great! The bobotie is great! It is seasoned very well. The service was great, very friendly. I love Yebo! I recommend everyone try it.Special Features:
- We'll go backAmocomerDined on 4/19/2014Our first experience at this restaurant, and a very good one. Amongst the four of us, we had 7or 8 small plates which we shared, and all were delicious. No matter what, be sure to try the Mac and Cheese - it's so delicious it's decadent. The African flair ini some of the dishes was delicious. There is enough variety in the menu choices to satisfy any palate. We enjoyed it immensely and will return.Special Features:
- YEBO- first time visit- what a gem!OTPgirlDined on 4/18/2014Had heard great things about the place- so we had to try Yebo! it was wonderful!! We loved the food!! the drinks were divine and the service was good! Atmosphere was cool- crowd was a great mix of culture! Definitely will return soon for more good times!Special Features:
- Love this placeShoeslosceDined on 4/11/2014Awesomeness sums it up. Food is great, drinks are great, service is great. My fave is greens and fried chicken bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates, Great!UpisDownVIPDined on 4/7/2014Ther's a joy in getting a smorgasbord of different kinds of food and Yebo delivers. We sampled over 5 plates not including dessert, and each one was great. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ATLFoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2014Who would have thought there would be such a great resturant at the mall!! Loved the food and the cocktails! The curry is amazing. We went before a movie and it was all of ours first dining at Yebo and we all loved it! Can't wait to go back! Try the popcorn with drinks and while you decide what else to eatSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodcybelineDined on 3/21/2014Great place, food was excellent! Noise level very high but we didn't mind. Also great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too High Noise LevelRobboVIPDined on 3/21/2014Big part of dinner is being able to talk to those you are with! Otherwise good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic Cocktail/Dinner OptionPrisonratDined on 3/12/2014Yebo was an enjoyable experience at a reasonable Buckhead price. The food was tasty and moderately different with a South African flare. I loved the ostrich sliders and some of the other great different apps. The decor is simple and chic with a nice Buckhead social scene. Check it out!Special Features:
- Small PlatesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014The small plates are outstanding. A wonderful selection of different foods. Great way to share a variety of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YeboDinnerontheRivRDined on 2/24/2014Once again, I enjoyed dinner at Yebo. Menu is interesting, South African wines are great. Menu changed and I could not find my favorite cocktail, but the wine was great so we were satisfied. Service was excellent. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is absolutely deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014The food is absolutely delicious and you can tell it's are with a touch of love. The wait staff is friendly and very knowledgeable of the menu. The ambience is great. My daughter and I had dinner there before a fox performance and she loved it. Very kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceMsPriss08Dined on 2/14/2014I dined at Yebo on Valentine's Day. I thought the food was tasty but it was very loud for the dinner crowd, it was hard to hear our server and hold a conversation without raising our voices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Night OutGoodtimeDined on 2/14/2014My Husband and I decide to go out for Valentine's Day earlier that day, and found Yebo had 6:45pm reservations open. What a find! It was exactly what we wanted for the evening. Even though the food was tapas it was perfect. Yebo will see us again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.