Yardley Inn Restaurant and Bar
East Afton Ave & Delaware Ave
Route 332 and 32
Yardley, PA 19067Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Yardley Inn Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yardleyinn.com/
- Phone: (215) 493-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri Lunch - 11:30 - 3:00
Sun - Brunch 11:00 - 3:00
Sun -Thurs Dinner - 4:30 - 10:00
Fri/Sat Dinner - 4:30 - 10:30
Fri/Sat Tavern Menu until Midnite
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Eben Copple
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact General Manager, Michelle Mohollen.
- Private Party Facilities: The Yardley Inn Restaurant & Bar is known for its contemporary American cuisine prepared and served by a staff with a passion for superior service. Let us make your special event worry free & memorable
- Private Party Contact: Michele Gibson 2154933800x
- Entertainment: We offer Entertainment on Saturday Nites Starting at 7:00
A word from Yardley Inn Restaurant and Bar
The Yardley Inn Restaurant, Bar & Farm, named "Best Restaurant in Bucks" for 2012 and 2013, is known for its contemporary American cuisine prepared and served by a staff with a passion for superior service. The diverse menu is sure to satisfy any appetite, mood, or craving. The dining room offers a warm ambiance and fabulous waterfront views while the patio provides comfortable outdoor seating surrounded by nature. The Inn continues its commitment to serve the highest quality products, from local dairy, chicken, and pork to produce from its own Riverside Kitchen Garden and farm plot on River Road. The vibrant bar scene delivers a smooth social setting, live entertainment on Saturday nights, and Five for $5 at 5:00 daily drink and appetizer specials.Continued
Nestled along the Delaware River in bucolic Bucks County, the Yardley Inn is a great place to enjoy waterside dining near Philadelphia.
Nestled along the Delaware River in bucolic Bucks County, the Yardley Inn is a great place to enjoy waterside dining near Philadelphia.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Yardley Inn Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Yardley ›
Yardley Inn Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (112)neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (73)great for lunch (61)romantic (56)vibrant bar scene (48)great for brunch (39)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (22)notable wine list (15)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good but be careful what you orderSuzeVIPDined on 11/18/2014I always go for the pork paprikash, which I love. My husband has had less luk the last two times we've been there. The first was meatloaf and this was short ribs. He thought the ribs lacked flvor, a sif they'd been boile dfor hours and there was nothing left. Really disappointing, since I took him there for his birthday.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Terrific food, great atmosphere, and excellent service! Also, the waiter was very sensitive to our food allergies which made the experience all the better. We loved the bacon wrapped dates, and the salmon with black beans. The only downside was that the espresso was not authentic. It was very weak, not tasty. If this was improved, the experience would have been perfecto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can count on this spotTkapVIPDined on 11/9/2014If you want a good meal in a good atmosphere, this is the spot in Yardley. The Inn is good basic food. Don't expect cutting edge of a gastro experience, but you will get a very fair drink and an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Suburban Restauranteats2muchDined on 11/8/2014First time, but hopefully not the last. The place was full and somewhat loud, but our table for two still felt private and quiet. The menu is a great mix of traditional options with some twists and creative substitutions. The flavors of both my app and entrée were great. The server was also great: knowledgeable, attentive, and unobtrusive. A really positive experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchYardleyguyDined on 11/6/2014I took two business associates to lunch on a weekday and they were doing a pretty brisk business. Our food was good -- some spectacular, some not, but overall a good value (particularly the "Lunch for Less" menu) in a nice location. Our server was efficient and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and wineDeedeedinaDined on 11/3/2014love the Monday 1/2 price wine nights and first Mondays with a lobby tastingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuncheonLadiesDined on 11/2/2014Yardley Inn is consistently good. The service was excellent and since we went early on a Sunday evening, it was not very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodyardleyfoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Chef Eben always makes creative dishes that taste delicious. Excellent gluten free menu. Delicious food and great service makes for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Cozy and Lovely!HungeristhebestsauceDined on 11/1/2014Been to the Inn many times and always gravitate back. Best salads. Professional looking wait staff. Had cousins drive from Philadelphia to Yardley for a Fall outing and lunch. They loved it.Special Features:
- Disappointing EveningdiningmavenDined on 10/25/2014We went to Yardley Inn on a recommendation for a Saturday evening dinner. The server was good-present but not obtrusive, but the food was mediocre. On arrival the dining room was relatively quiet and pleasant with several tables of adult diners. Shortly thereafter, a large party arrived to celebrate an anniversary. The problem was that they brought 3 small children from the ages of 1 to 3 with them. As expected, the children were not happy as there was nothing to entertain them and they were crying/noisy/running around etc. This would have been expected at an Olive Garden or other family restaurant, but we were led to believe that this was a special occasion restaurant. It may have been special for someone but not for us.
- Not our best daySJBADined on 10/25/2014We hit this restaurant on the wrong day! With a wedding and birthday party, the only area available for seating was the bar at noon. I had asked for a quiet table. None of the restaurant requests were respected. It's too bad.Special Features:
- I'll be backluber13Dined on 10/21/2014It's been a long time since I've hit the Yardley Inn. it's was jammin on a Tuesday night. Food and service was too notch. Green Beans were the Best I've ever had. They had to grow them on sight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon DelightEsquireVIPDined on 10/21/2014A table for two with a view of the Delaware River flowing by was matched by the quality of a price fixed three course lunch at a modest cost. A delicious crab bisque with crab aplenty was followed by a sautéed chicken and string beans perfectly cooked. A sumptuous fresh fruit salad and espresso completed a lovely lunch experience.Special Features:
- 3 wordsjokitDined on 10/14/2014Excellent, excellent, excellent! The 3 course lunch is only $14.95 and the choices on the menu are so interesting.Special Features:
- As alwaysVprofyDined on 10/12/2014Yardley inn is consistently good. Promotions like early bird menu is very good value.Special Features:
- It was a perfect Fall eveningLoriGVIPDined on 10/8/2014I work in the area so I make my way there now and again. I love the vibe and the fact that this neighborhood place has stayed so current over many years. The bar is great and they pour wine generously. The food can be average, as mine was this time. The setting is and was lovely. Slightly more consistent food would make a good place nearly great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJackDined on 10/4/2014Unfortunately, the night my date and I dined, there was a very fat and boisterous woman cow at the next table that bellowed so loudly half of the room thought someone was having a heart attack at their table. On the bright side, the food was fantastic and our server Courtney were wonderful.Special Features:
- Yardley InnRockFishDined on 10/4/2014A very enjoyable Lunch, Food was well prepared and Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllanDined on 10/2/2014Very nice, good food and friendly. Very noisy at lunch time. When that cleared about 2PM it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodSchmo136Dined on 9/29/2014We try getting to the Yardley Inn every month or so because it's always good everytime we go. Food is always delicious, like the braised short ribs I had this visit, and the staff is always friendly offering excellent service. Never lets us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceBfalcon1VIPDined on 9/27/2014I have eaten at the Yardley Inn many times but my last two visits have me wondering why I bother to eat there anymore. All I can say is we were so rushed that our meal was on the table minutes after we sat down. We were not even finished with our salads and appetizers. There was not even time to order a bottle of wine. On top of it my braised short ribs were terrible. In a nutshell the Yardley Inn is only good for drinks and a burger in the bar area. What was once a great place has taken a turn for the worse. It will be a long time before I consider going back.Special Features:
- 1st timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I had reservations on a surprising busy Monday night, what restaurant is busy on a Monday? I thought to myself, they must being doing something right to be busy. I went to bar to have a drink before going to our table. Wow, was I wowed! The service was so impressive, That we stayed at the bar to eat. We never eat at the bar but the 2 bartenders were super nice as well as Funny, we didnt want to leave the bar. They had 1/2 price bottles of wine, I felt like we hit the jackpot. I ordered the Swordfish dish & it was So delicious. I dont live that close but i will definitely be coming back couple times a month.Special Features:
- Very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We went for date night and the food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service never fails, awesome eats!NewHoperVIPDined on 9/20/2014Came on a late Saturday and it was still quite busy. The bar was full as we're the tables. We had very attentive service from Nancy. Started with a top-notch cheese plate and caesar salad. The site anchovies were very tasty! The perch on grits was beautifully prepared and the small serving was perfect after all we had eaten previously. We also had a favorite, the paprika, which never fails to satisfy. Topped off with a bottle of Tempranillo and the night was a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperianceBrendAandJoeDined on 9/20/2014Went to the YI for the first time. Our server Nancy was amazing. She was knowledgeable and offered recommendations. Food was superb. I / we would highly recommend the YI to anyone. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- outside seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014If you want a quiet dining experience, sitting outside may not be for you. Busy corner with a lot of traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceAggieheavenVIPDined on 9/19/2014Thought third time here would be a charm, disappointed again. Food was average quality at best, lots of corners being cut on food quality to buffer profits and keep prices lower. Poor pairings made with main entrees really leave the meals flat. My escarole was like a weed from my back yard. Meatloaf was overcooked and underseasoned...came out like a brick. Peas and carrots with the meatloaf were clearly from a frozen package. Soup Of The Day was gone at 6:30pm. Service personnel were rather slow and inattentive.Special Features:
- DickVDDined on 9/13/2014Had a nice family gathering (5 People). Food and service was very good. Acoustics were very bad. Need sound absorbing material on walls and ceiling.Special Features:
- Delicious and reasonableSpecialoccasionDined on 9/13/2014The Yardley Inn is quaint,cozy and comfortable. We ate there this past Saturday and had a delicious meal and fantastic cocktails. We were greeted by two very nice hostesses who say us immediately. We were then greeted by our waitress who had a chip on her shoulder and treated us like we were bugging her. Because it was a special occasion, I did not say anything for I did not want to make a scene in front of our other guests.(That was the only negative that night.) The rest of the service staff was courteous and nice. The pork paprikash and meatloaf were really good and the grilled peaches were dynamite and the bartender served one of the best martinis we have had in a long time We will definitely return for the food and cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Love the trio of tastes, especially the devils on horseback! Great early bird menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; ok serviceDavidDined on 9/6/2014Yardley Inn has good food. It's not the most exciting or inventive, but it's well-done and solid. The service as a little sporadic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjsk1946Dined on 9/3/2014What a pretty building! And to have great food and great service, too! This is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceJazzyDined on 8/29/2014The Yardley Inn is consistently good and keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, unique flavor & sceneEatLikeACeliacDined on 8/28/2014Took our visiting family to this gem for a meal straight from the airport. They were delighted with the view and intrigued by the menu. Everyone agreed it was one of the best, most delicious meals they had ever had. We had crab cakes, trout and scallops. The trout had bacon incorporated - a surprising flavor but so tasty! The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our go to resturantpopcornDined on 8/27/2014great place for lunch , dinner, entertaining friends or Saturday nite entertainment. the food here is exceptional as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendJohnWDined on 8/26/2014Yardley Inn was outstanding. Great food - interesting menu, not your typical faire, everything sounded delicious. Best short ribs I've ever had and pork paprikash was outstanding. Waiter was pleasant and just attentive enough that we felt well taken care of. Warning - outdoor dining area has great river views but right on the street so can be a bit noisy, but such great food and service I can certainly excuse a little noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menu:misleading....DiningdocDined on 8/24/2014I live in the area and have been to the Yardley Inn many times. It's location and convenience make this a nice local place to go. But I ask myself why it gets such high ratings when in fact the food is average? And pricey? We again gave this place a shot during restaurant week with many unconventional and standard items offerred and advertised for a set price for 3 courses (21.99). However, many of the choices had surprise additional up charges associated. Crab cakes were additional, filet was $6 more, and if you wanted crab bisque, add $3.We were astounded that these were even included as part of the special menu! So Yardley Inn, next time we go local, we will choose one of our other fine dining establishments in town....bad advertising!Special Features:
- Sunday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Good food and service but it took a while for the good to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love the Yardley Inn!!!AnjaLainaDined on 8/24/2014I had my 50th birthday party at the Yardley Inn back in 1996 and I have been a fan ever since. The service is wonderful and I always feel welcome when I walk in. Greeted by the hostess with a smile and willingness to help. The bartenders are terrific. They may not remember my name, but they surely know what I drink--best martini in town, by the way. Since I am well into my 60s, I never feel uncomfortable and it is the one place I will stop in on my own to have a drink at the bar, or lunch in the dining room. Thank you staff and chef.Special Features:
- Tasty brunchdinearoundDined on 8/24/2014We always enjoy this local favorite for a consistently good meal. Enjoyed their brunch offerings for Yardley Restaurant Week. Husband had pastrami boxty....a first for us and it was quite tasty. I had brioche French toast with ricotta cheese and it was heavenly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.