Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
1600 Lenox Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.runchickenrun.com/
- Phone: (305) 538-5220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday 9:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Clayton Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for “Best New Restaurant South” and as one of Bon Appétit’s “50 Best New Restaurants” in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of “soul-nurturing” dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (161)hot spot (128)neighborhood gem (99)good for groups (94)great for brunch (93)great for lunch (80)vibrant bar scene (64)special occasion (52)great for outdoor dining (41)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (19)romantic (11)notable wine list (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- 5 STARSLindaDined on 11/18/2014I don't usually write reviews but everyone should know how great Yardbird was. Worth the money. Huge portions full of flavour. The absolute best chicken and waffles you will ever have. So juicy and flavourful. Also had the mac and cheese, fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs. Anyone who visits Miami has to eat here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypeSeanVIPDined on 11/15/2014Fried Chicken with waffles and watermelon. Enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight to eat here!yumfoodDined on 11/15/2014Yardbird never disappoints, rich and flavorful dishes that just put a smile on your face. Plus the service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectMarkersDined on 11/14/2014As always the chicken and ribs are the best in Miami. The tartare appetizer was also something special. And if you like rootbeer- they have the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotGrazorDined on 11/14/2014Delivered to my expectations and more. Great service from the very friendly and attentive staff and manager (not something that's always available in SoBe. The fried green tomAto with pork belly and tomato jam was ridiculous. The chicken sandwich and the brisket were equally tasty. Excellent beer and wine list which we took advantage of. Great ambience and fab background music in a very comfortable space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Miami away from the Tourist TrapsCarlsDined on 11/13/2014Fantastic food, inventive and delicious. Love the "family style" dining with lots of share plates. Excellent service and amazing ambiance. Awesome beer selection. A great break from the generic tourist traps on Ocean Drive if you're on vacation in South Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Face plant onto your plate goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014As a Brit visiting America, there could be no place better to carb-load than Yardbird. The portions are huge- big enough to share one main between two. The chicken, waffles and watermelon was the perfect dish to introduce us to the ways of classic southern American dining. Chicken was perfection and the watermelon was a refreshing touch, as was the mystery relish on top. Every side we ordered was more delicious than the last. Fries, spelt, mac n cheese, pickes... all incredible taste sensations. Couldn't finish a single dish, but the server was kind enough to box up everything we couldn't finish. Thank goodness... we were close to passing out! We're only used to the odd nibble of bread an soup back in England ;) My only complaint is that I booked in advance, yet had to not only wait at the bar for a considerable amount of time, but definitely had to pester the Maitre'D to make sure she hadn't forgotten about us. Pretty sure she let a few walk in couples have a table before us. Never the less- a great buzzy atmosphere at the bar, dim lighting, you could have a raucous night here with friends or even a romantic, chicken filled, date. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Informal Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014This is an outstanding eatery, everything was grand, the food, the service, the clientele, the staff. For informal dining, it was one of the most pleasurable experiences that I enjoyed in a long time. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Yardbird provides a delicious brunch on Sundays. I drive from Ft. Lauderdale whenever I have guests and sometimes to meet friends who live on south beach. I always recommend it with a reservation of course. My mother who is amazing cook can't get the name right, she calls it the back yardbird loved it and wants to go back. I can't describe how delicious the fried chicken is, you just have to try it yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!LionelrdDined on 11/9/2014The food quality presentation awesome so so good friendly Staff they also have a endless variety of drinks nice neighborhood !!! I highly recommend this restaurant specially for Brunch!!! AAAA++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBradyDined on 11/8/2014My parents came down from Tampa to celebrate my birthday with me and eat at yard bird. Food was excellent as always, service was top notch. Still remains my favorite restaurant in Miami. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Everyone should go to Yardbird. This is one of the best restaurants I have been to in a very long time. The atmosphere is fun, unique, and energetic. The food was amazing. I wish I could have tried more options, but the portion sizes are so generous, I simply couldn't eat more. If you made me find one criticism, it would be the volume of the music. We had to yell across the table to hear each other. The music selection was fabulous (I would love to buy the sound track), but the volume was just too high.Special Features:
- Fun and tasty!JackJeebsDined on 11/6/2014I'm not going to wax poetic here - suffice it to say that Yardbird deserves all the accolades it has earned. The service was great, the food was brilliant, and the whole experience was just among the best I've experienced. Go eat at Yardbird for any occasion. Just do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFrenchieDined on 11/3/2014The food at Yardbird was outstanding, the chicken was possibly the best Chicken we have ever had. The ribs were also excellent but the food portion sizes are enormous. If you order any signature dish you might as well share it, as single servings go they are far to big for the average person. We ended up with a doggie bag so if you enjoy great food and leftovers then this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased!kateb718VIPDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant lived up to the positive reviews I had seen. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. The service was good and the waiter was very helpful with the menu as this was our first visit. The Chicken, watermelon and waffles dish was delicious!! (And perfect for sharing) So glad we tried it. Will definitely be back during any future visits to Miami Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- south beach fave!maddsDined on 11/2/2014awesome food, super friendly staff, great cocktail menu. can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedFoodieforsureDined on 11/2/2014Great restaurant, from the food to the service every aspect is great. It will have you coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch BlissfoodblissDined on 11/2/2014If I could rate Yardbird with 10 stars, I would. The hostess was friendly but our waitress, Deborah, was top notch. EVERYONE was attentive in all regards. The southern country setting is super cute with Mason Jar lighting and cool wood. We chose the Chicken n Waffles n Watermelon for two. The chicken was massive and so crispy without a greasy afterglow. The melon was tasty and the savory waffles, so light and satisfying with the bourbon maple syrup. TOOO GOODDD.... Also, we had a side of cheese grits that were ambrosial. My mimosa was perfect and my boyfriend loved his spicy Bloody Mary with okra and a green bean and topped with a side of bacon. Wow....last but NOT least was the maple cream house made donut with a strip of bacon.Special Features:
- Incredible FoodlaurenceDined on 10/31/2014Great food, especially the fried chicken. Service is quite good with knowledgeable staff always trying to accommodate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum, YumfoodluvrVIPDined on 10/28/2014Was there with my wife and another couple. Ate family style, as it was the other couple's first time at the restaurant, so they got to try a lot of different items. Love their deviled eggs, fall of the bone ribs, shrimp-n-grits. My favorite though is the Mama's chicken biscuits. Nice seasoning on the fried chicken. Meat really moist and favorful.Special Features:
- Delicious and welcomingbrucenycVIPDined on 10/28/2014I expected to eat excellent fried chicken at Yardbird, and my expectations were met. However, my expectations were enormously exceeded by the friendly, welcoming and food-savvy staff at Yardbird. The combination of delicious food, creative cocktails and tremendously welcoming staff makes Yardbird a special place that I look forward to returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2014Had an amazing waitress who told us the best things to order and they were truly amazing. Chicken biscuit appetizer was sooo good. Also had shrimp and grits that were very good. Dessert was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as everJfnnycVIPDined on 10/26/2014remains as good as ever. very helpful wait staff.Special Features:
- LOVED ITOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Couldn't have asked for better.. Loved the environment, our server Stephanie was awesome and the Fried Chicken was by far the best fried chicken I have ever had.. I recommend to get the mac & cheese as well. Will not regret it.Special Features:
- Consistently PleasingHousemouseVIPDined on 10/25/2014Yardbird goes that extra step to make one's dining experience fantastic each time. Creepy as it may seem at first, they remember what you ate the last time, how you like your chicken (dark meat, thank you!) and the fact that you like your meal spaced out with reasonable breaks between courses. They provide just the right amount of service to be helpful and not intrusive. The food is consistently pleasing -- I almost always get the deviled eggs to start, and the chicken, waffles and watermelon with a side of mac and cheese. It is enough for at least two full meals, so the staff cheerfully prepares a shopping bag with my leftovers. The ambience is always upbeat, and the friendly staff ensures you a delightful experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern? not so much!DebnDeeDined on 10/25/2014Super hard to find parking, couldn't even pull up for the valet to take our car. Ordered deviled eggs for $10.00 got 4 egg halves with too much dill for my taste. Had chicken and waffles - waffles were actually good, chicken was moist but definitely not southern fried! came with 5 cubes of watermelon drenched in chili powder - yuck! waiter recommended the mac and cheese - if Kraft blue box mac and cheese is southern then southern it was. To me it tasted like Velveta tossed macaroni. Lastly the bill for 2 people came up to $70.00 Waste of money and time. We did not enjoy!
- Always great!SNelsonDined on 10/24/2014My fiancé and I go to yardbird every time we visit miami, which is often and yardbird is always great. We had the Lewellyns fried chicken, macaroni cheese, and watermelon everything was delicious! Had a reservation and waited about 10 minutes to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.esaamismailDined on 10/24/2014Excellent quality and innovative dishes. We went for dinner friday and brunch sunday. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Food and DecorjoanieDined on 10/24/2014have been several times food wonderful varied and creative I am a vegetarian (eat fish) and found lots to choose from 1 block from Lincoln RoadSpecial Features:
- Real southerner was impressed!ElizabethVIPDined on 10/23/2014I am from Nashville and was intrigued to find yardbird as an option during my recent visit to miami. Fantastic! My friend and I shared the chicken watermelon and waffles. SO AMAZING. Plenty of food for two people. The deviled eggs are incredible too! Especially if you like dill. Lemon poppyseed cornbread was great too. Also tried the fall pumpkin dessert. To. Die. For. Clearly I was happy and I suggest you make a trip. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2014It's been a few months since we dined at yardbirds. Nice to see a few new dishes but the favorites still there. Great beer selection too! Our server was great... Even asking the kitchen to cut one starter into 4 to make it easier for us - thanks JulianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great finddknewportDined on 10/21/2014We had a wonderful meal with friends at this new find for us. It will definitely not be our last visit. Try the chicken and biscuits appetizer for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious southern comfort foodeXeLDined on 10/19/2014The uniqueness of their plates and drinks are enough to make you love this place! Delicious and totally worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kuko2741Dined on 10/18/2014Great vibe! Food was excellent. The bartenders were excellent. I give it 5 stars all around. Don't change a thing. Definitely going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ango631VIPDined on 10/14/2014Great restaurant,food is amazing. Service is okay. I haven't had problems before but this time they forgot our appetizers and brought the entrees first. We had to send them back and then they were kind of rushing us through the apps so the entrees don't die on the window. Everything was delicious though and I hope this is a one time thing cause we love this place.Special Features:
- Lunch at YardbirdTacosVIPDined on 10/14/2014Overall, I have no real complaints about Yardbird. I think I was slightly disappointed after reading all the reviews and having expectations that were too high. My husband enjoyed the chicken and waffles which is a very large portion of food. I tried the Yardbird sandwich. The bourbon lemonade was quite potent. I also noticed the restaurant was practically spotless so kudos there.Special Features:
- Our 34th Wedding AnniversaryIluv8tnoutVIPDined on 10/12/2014We have been dining at Michael's for seven years and have never been disappointed. It's pretty hard to keep getting better but Michael's has. I have never been to a restaurant that has done just that. What can I say, we ordered the oysters which were amazing, the stripped bass which we caught by accident. They told us its only there for two weeks. It was amazing and of course the doughnuts as well as the surprise Champagne toast for our Anniversary. Michael was at the oyster bar in an apron. Doing his thing. That's what keeps this place around. I believe its his hands on approach. We will keep coming back for more. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- CharlieDDined on 10/11/2014The food was incredible. The server was very helpful in informing us about the menu and insure that we got the benefit of understanding how the menu worked and did not over-order. The Fired Chicken and Waffles were to die for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014best shrimp and grits that i have ever had. mac and cheese and omelet also very well done. excellent spot for brunch. would come again.Special Features:
- you wont be disappointedfscorchDined on 10/10/2014we r from out of town, so we dont get to yardbird much, but the chicken and waffles are unbelievable. something so simple yet so good. service is friendly. it does get loud, so probably not your place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.