Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
1600 Lenox Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.runchickenrun.com/
- Phone: 3055385220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday 9:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Clayton Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for “Best New Restaurant South” and as one of Bon Appétit’s “50 Best New Restaurants” in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of “soul-nurturing” dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (168)hot spot (127)neighborhood gem (123)great for brunch (109)good for groups (96)great for lunch (91)vibrant bar scene (61)special occasion (57)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (15)romantic (14)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2014It's been a few months since we dined at yardbirds. Nice to see a few new dishes but the favorites still there. Great beer selection too! Our server was great... Even asking the kitchen to cut one starter into 4 to make it easier for us - thanks JulianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014We had a wonderful meal with friends at this new find for us. It will definitely not be our last visit. Try the chicken and biscuits appetizer for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious southern comfort foodeXeLDined on 10/19/2014The uniqueness of their plates and drinks are enough to make you love this place! Delicious and totally worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kuko2741Dined on 10/18/2014Great vibe! Food was excellent. The bartenders were excellent. I give it 5 stars all around. Don't change a thing. Definitely going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ango631VIPDined on 10/14/2014Great restaurant,food is amazing. Service is okay. I haven't had problems before but this time they forgot our appetizers and brought the entrees first. We had to send them back and then they were kind of rushing us through the apps so the entrees don't die on the window. Everything was delicious though and I hope this is a one time thing cause we love this place.Special Features:
- Lunch at YardbirdTacosVIPDined on 10/14/2014Overall, I have no real complaints about Yardbird. I think I was slightly disappointed after reading all the reviews and having expectations that were too high. My husband enjoyed the chicken and waffles which is a very large portion of food. I tried the Yardbird sandwich. The bourbon lemonade was quite potent. I also noticed the restaurant was practically spotless so kudos there.Special Features:
- Our 34th Wedding AnniversaryIluv8tnoutVIPDined on 10/12/2014We have been dining at Michael's for seven years and have never been disappointed. It's pretty hard to keep getting better but Michael's has. I have never been to a restaurant that has done just that. What can I say, we ordered the oysters which were amazing, the stripped bass which we caught by accident. They told us its only there for two weeks. It was amazing and of course the doughnuts as well as the surprise Champagne toast for our Anniversary. Michael was at the oyster bar in an apron. Doing his thing. That's what keeps this place around. I believe its his hands on approach. We will keep coming back for more. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- CharlieDDined on 10/11/2014The food was incredible. The server was very helpful in informing us about the menu and insure that we got the benefit of understanding how the menu worked and did not over-order. The Fired Chicken and Waffles were to die for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014best shrimp and grits that i have ever had. mac and cheese and omelet also very well done. excellent spot for brunch. would come again.Special Features:
- you wont be disappointedfscorchDined on 10/10/2014we r from out of town, so we dont get to yardbird much, but the chicken and waffles are unbelievable. something so simple yet so good. service is friendly. it does get loud, so probably not your place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern foodChelseaDined on 10/10/2014My friend and I shared the watermelon, chicken and waffles dish and thought it was very good. Seasoning on the watermelon was delicious, chicken was perfectly prepared and the sauces were great. I also loved my bourbon lemonade! I would definitely suggest this place, particularly if you are a bourbon fan.Special Features:
- Great service and very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Great service, definitely order the fried green tomatoes, and make a reservation. My boyfriend ordered a drink -- it was good but a little sweet for his taste. He liked it enough to not send it back but didn't drink very much of it. When the bill came, our wonderful waiter took the drink off our bill since he noticed this. Great ambiance with a lot of character and really great food.Special Features:
- 3 year anniversaryritzarichDined on 10/9/2014I was here for the 3 year anniversary celebration and it definitely a great time. The $3 bourbon went very well with the $3 chicken biscuits. Definitely can't wait until next years celebration!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014Absolutely a place to go if you are in Miami. Great southern food and friendly service!Special Features:
- stick with KFCSkindrDined on 10/6/2014At $28 at Yardbird vs. $8 at KFC, the fried chicken is better at KFC. Located at an obscure corner, away from Lincoln RD. I wonder why the high prices of a high rent district eaterie ? Drink menu is extensive, food highly spiced, not for my taste.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014The food was average at best. The biscuits were dry and hard and the Mac and cheese was nothing to write home about. I won't revisitSpecial Features:
- Amazing southern food!NYCARAVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was absolutely delicious. This place was an unexpected find as it not on the South Beach strip but so glad we saw as we were driving by. The fried chicken, biscuits, grits and green tomatoes are a must order!! The drinks were also unique and well made. Yum. Can't wait to come here again when I'm in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The food was great. We had the ribs and fried chicken. Great recommendation from the honest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put on Your Foodbag!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014The reservation process worked flawlessly. The service was prompt and knowledgeable, and the food was excellent. One thing to keep in mind is that the entrees for chicken are VERY large. Could be shared unless you are very hungry. The BLT appetizer was off the charts and unique. Did not try the sundae dessert, but it looked good 0 no room left after the chicken. Concept is creative and works.Special Features:
- Loved!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014This is some serious chicken! Great menu, well worth the tripSpecial Features:
- Great spotmiamiDined on 10/4/2014recommended by a local friend, awesome place, menu service and everything was great. They give you plenty of food and have a unique listing of cocktails. Will be sure to return next time we are in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent southern foodmazzaiaDined on 9/29/2014Great place for a true southern cuisine. One of the top-picks when in Miami.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Deep fried chicken and ribs were sensational- make sure you share the meals though!! They are very large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!Iluv8tnoutVIPDined on 9/27/2014We drive from SW Miami and have eaten here many times. Never have I had s bad meal! The chicken biscuits are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was my first time attending, i thought it would be more spacious and scenic. The service was excellent it was our forty four wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- Respect to chicken!GuiSaoPauloDined on 9/24/2014What a great surprise. Very good and different food. Their specialty are the chicken dishes, very well made. Will sure return on my next time in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Comfort FoodMontyDined on 9/23/2014Starters are delicious, shrimp and grits also not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Great Southern FoodJPLauderdaleDined on 9/21/2014The Yardbird is not your typical South Beach restaurant. This is a place you come expecting to indulge in caloric southern food. Fabulous food. Their dishes are made to share and their prices are about half of what we've experienced in Miami Beach. Everything was good. The scene is young and vibrant. The wait staff attentive. It seemed like a popular spot for locals. We highly recommend the restaurant. Make sure to make reservations. We had to make ours 3 weeks in advance.Special Features:
- Favorite SpotLatac12Dined on 9/21/2014Since I don't cook fried chicken well at home I was ecstatic when this opened. I love all of the dishes and there baked maccoroni is to die for!! Beware of the chicken though, it's cooked in lard which is from a pig. I was deeply upset to find this out. But from my understanding the boneless chicken is cooked in normal oil I've been told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNinaDined on 9/21/2014Great food, best brunch in a long time. Just make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food and atmosphereLove2EatOutVIPDined on 9/20/2014I wondered if Yardbird would be just another trendy spot with food that was nothing special but I was wrong. It has style but also really thoughtfully and artfully prepared food - delicious and creative - and the service was very prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Great food, good service, casual atmosphere. Yes - it is about the chicken but don't miss a lot of the amazing other small plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating at Yardbird is a no-brainerdesigngoddess2014Dined on 9/19/2014You can't go wrong eating at Yardbird - the food is always really, really good (not fussy), the service is great and it's just plain fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favouritelineudDined on 9/15/2014My favourite restaurant in Miami Beach. Try the fried green tomatoes. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The spot for brunchnysleepermanDined on 9/14/2014My second time here. The food was excellent again, service was very good and our server gave us great guidance and suggestions. The atmosphere is hip and superb without being over the top. Definitely a must for brunch and probably dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a dateAJC23Dined on 9/14/2014I wanted to do something different with my girlfriend, so instead of planning a dinner around 7 pm, I took her to have brunch at Yardbird. She had never been there, even the southern food was new for her... And well, she loved everything. Great food, very good service, awesome environment and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great home cooking!DCGuyFoodVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic, friendly service. They take reservations and actually seat you on time. Food is just downright delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place lives up to the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014For once, a highly-rated restaurant lives up to the hype! Overall a fantastic dining experience. Usually we just care about the food, but this even had stellar service, casual chic ambience, and only moderate noise level despite it being a completely full house. It's easy to try out different places in the Miami Beach area, but it's the exception to want to repeat. Would definitely return on our next trip back. Our favorite was the fried chicken biscuits (Mama's biscuits I think they're called). Perfection. Look forward to trying out different items next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word.....JusBnMeMeDined on 9/13/2014AWESOME.....from the coffee Savory Waffle, to the Chicken, to the Specialty Omelett, and the Cheesy Grits!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- AmazingClfmaddenDined on 9/11/2014Cocktails were served in jars and really good. Food was AMAZING! Get stuff to share. Eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.