Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
1600 Lenox Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.runchickenrun.com/
- Phone: (305) 538-5220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday 9:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Clayton Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for “Best New Restaurant South” and as one of Bon Appétit’s “50 Best New Restaurants” in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of “soul-nurturing” dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (162)hot spot (128)neighborhood gem (100)good for groups (95)great for brunch (93)great for lunch (80)vibrant bar scene (64)special occasion (52)great for outdoor dining (41)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (19)romantic (11)notable wine list (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great southern foodChelseaDined on 10/10/2014My friend and I shared the watermelon, chicken and waffles dish and thought it was very good. Seasoning on the watermelon was delicious, chicken was perfectly prepared and the sauces were great. I also loved my bourbon lemonade! I would definitely suggest this place, particularly if you are a bourbon fan.Special Features:
- Great service and very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Great service, definitely order the fried green tomatoes, and make a reservation. My boyfriend ordered a drink -- it was good but a little sweet for his taste. He liked it enough to not send it back but didn't drink very much of it. When the bill came, our wonderful waiter took the drink off our bill since he noticed this. Great ambiance with a lot of character and really great food.Special Features:
- 3 year anniversaryritzarichDined on 10/9/2014I was here for the 3 year anniversary celebration and it definitely a great time. The $3 bourbon went very well with the $3 chicken biscuits. Definitely can't wait until next years celebration!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014Absolutely a place to go if you are in Miami. Great southern food and friendly service!Special Features:
- stick with KFCSkindrDined on 10/6/2014At $28 at Yardbird vs. $8 at KFC, the fried chicken is better at KFC. Located at an obscure corner, away from Lincoln RD. I wonder why the high prices of a high rent district eaterie ? Drink menu is extensive, food highly spiced, not for my taste.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014The food was average at best. The biscuits were dry and hard and the Mac and cheese was nothing to write home about. I won't revisitSpecial Features:
- Amazing southern food!NYCARAVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was absolutely delicious. This place was an unexpected find as it not on the South Beach strip but so glad we saw as we were driving by. The fried chicken, biscuits, grits and green tomatoes are a must order!! The drinks were also unique and well made. Yum. Can't wait to come here again when I'm in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The food was great. We had the ribs and fried chicken. Great recommendation from the honest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put on Your Foodbag!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014The reservation process worked flawlessly. The service was prompt and knowledgeable, and the food was excellent. One thing to keep in mind is that the entrees for chicken are VERY large. Could be shared unless you are very hungry. The BLT appetizer was off the charts and unique. Did not try the sundae dessert, but it looked good 0 no room left after the chicken. Concept is creative and works.Special Features:
- Loved!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014This is some serious chicken! Great menu, well worth the tripSpecial Features:
- Great spotmiamiDined on 10/4/2014recommended by a local friend, awesome place, menu service and everything was great. They give you plenty of food and have a unique listing of cocktails. Will be sure to return next time we are in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent southern foodmazzaiaDined on 9/29/2014Great place for a true southern cuisine. One of the top-picks when in Miami.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Deep fried chicken and ribs were sensational- make sure you share the meals though!! They are very large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!Iluv8tnoutVIPDined on 9/27/2014We drive from SW Miami and have eaten here many times. Never have I had s bad meal! The chicken biscuits are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was my first time attending, i thought it would be more spacious and scenic. The service was excellent it was our forty four wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- Respect to chicken!GuiSaoPauloDined on 9/24/2014What a great surprise. Very good and different food. Their specialty are the chicken dishes, very well made. Will sure return on my next time in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Comfort FoodMontyDined on 9/23/2014Starters are delicious, shrimp and grits also not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Great Southern FoodJPLauderdaleDined on 9/21/2014The Yardbird is not your typical South Beach restaurant. This is a place you come expecting to indulge in caloric southern food. Fabulous food. Their dishes are made to share and their prices are about half of what we've experienced in Miami Beach. Everything was good. The scene is young and vibrant. The wait staff attentive. It seemed like a popular spot for locals. We highly recommend the restaurant. Make sure to make reservations. We had to make ours 3 weeks in advance.Special Features:
- Favorite SpotLatac12Dined on 9/21/2014Since I don't cook fried chicken well at home I was ecstatic when this opened. I love all of the dishes and there baked maccoroni is to die for!! Beware of the chicken though, it's cooked in lard which is from a pig. I was deeply upset to find this out. But from my understanding the boneless chicken is cooked in normal oil I've been told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNinaDined on 9/21/2014Great food, best brunch in a long time. Just make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food and atmosphereLove2EatOutVIPDined on 9/20/2014I wondered if Yardbird would be just another trendy spot with food that was nothing special but I was wrong. It has style but also really thoughtfully and artfully prepared food - delicious and creative - and the service was very prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Great food, good service, casual atmosphere. Yes - it is about the chicken but don't miss a lot of the amazing other small plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating at Yardbird is a no-brainerdesigngoddess2014Dined on 9/19/2014You can't go wrong eating at Yardbird - the food is always really, really good (not fussy), the service is great and it's just plain fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favouritelineudDined on 9/15/2014My favourite restaurant in Miami Beach. Try the fried green tomatoes. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The spot for brunchnysleepermanDined on 9/14/2014My second time here. The food was excellent again, service was very good and our server gave us great guidance and suggestions. The atmosphere is hip and superb without being over the top. Definitely a must for brunch and probably dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a dateAJC23Dined on 9/14/2014I wanted to do something different with my girlfriend, so instead of planning a dinner around 7 pm, I took her to have brunch at Yardbird. She had never been there, even the southern food was new for her... And well, she loved everything. Great food, very good service, awesome environment and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great home cooking!DCGuyFoodVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic, friendly service. They take reservations and actually seat you on time. Food is just downright delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place lives up to the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014For once, a highly-rated restaurant lives up to the hype! Overall a fantastic dining experience. Usually we just care about the food, but this even had stellar service, casual chic ambience, and only moderate noise level despite it being a completely full house. It's easy to try out different places in the Miami Beach area, but it's the exception to want to repeat. Would definitely return on our next trip back. Our favorite was the fried chicken biscuits (Mama's biscuits I think they're called). Perfection. Look forward to trying out different items next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word.....JusBnMeMeDined on 9/13/2014AWESOME.....from the coffee Savory Waffle, to the Chicken, to the Specialty Omelett, and the Cheesy Grits!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- AmazingClfmaddenDined on 9/11/2014Cocktails were served in jars and really good. Food was AMAZING! Get stuff to share. Eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fried Chicken and Grits ever!JacquieDined on 9/11/2014This is a gem! The fried chicken and grits are the best.Special Features:
- A must dine experience!!YogibearDined on 9/7/2014Lived up to its reviews! Arrived early for our table as we wanted a few cocktails before dinner. Had a few light bites to begin with... The bread and butter pickles were incredible, and the frogs legs were mind blowing! Great recommendations from the bar team,great food knowledge from them all... All chipped in and generally seemed passionate about the menu. The drinks list is solid and has plenty for every taste... The strong as oak and The blackberry bourbon lemonade our favorites! Once we sat down our waiter was amazing(Aaron).We wanted to try everything. And he gave us great recommendations of what we should eat to gain the best experience. We were not disappointe. Professional, relaxed, passionate people, quality product!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aaaamazingadriDined on 9/7/2014I had been but took my cousin who had never been (she's a total foodie!) For her birthday. Kale/cornbread salad tasty maybe a lil overdressed but those croutons yums, fried chicken AMAZING, mac n cheese (her fav) and topped off with red velvet waffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Comfort FoodmaiyasmomDined on 9/7/2014The best fried chicken and waffles and the Mac & Cheese was to die for. Great food and service! Yardbird is a must do. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it all over again!RTapiaDined on 9/6/20142nd. time at Yardbird for brunch, remembered why I went there the first place. Amazing food, amazing service. Love the southernness of the plates. Bacon, Fried Chicken and Bourbon. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- foodietravlerDined on 9/4/2014A visit from the manager, who made sure our fried chicken was only the best was a real bonus!Special Features:
- AmazingAlphaGammaDined on 9/3/2014Our server was helpful and friendly, and the food was perfect. The chicken buttermilk biscuits especially were ridiculously good.Special Features:
- Great quality food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We found this restaurant from the Trip Advisor reviews - it was away from the main tourist restaurants, but the customer service and quality of food was great! Carlos (?) was our server, and he was very friendly and knew his stuff about the menu. Would recommend this place!Special Features:
- COOL VIBEBIGRED1VIPDined on 9/1/2014On vacation in Miami Beach we decided on Yardbird. Cool, Southern, Bluesy Vibe to this joint. Fried chicken is what they lay their claim to. Good cocktail list with bourbon as their specialty. Fried green tomato appy with pork belly was outstanding. Salads, biscuits...everthing for that matter was very good. Solid Pastry chef creating some fine desserts. Go hungry...portions are generous. Prices fair...Overall.. a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timeAlyssaDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our first experience at Yard Bird. The service was great from the beginning because we booked a reservation with OpenTable. But, the food is what I should be talking about. We had the chicken and waffles, biscuits and Fried Green Tomato BLT. The best southern in South Florida. Yard Bird has such a unique take on their food and they do everything with excellency. And their speciality cocktails were also amazing! We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.