Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
1600 Lenox Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.runchickenrun.com/
- Phone: 3055385220x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday 9:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Clayton Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for “Best New Restaurant South” and as one of Bon Appétit’s “50 Best New Restaurants” in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of “soul-nurturing” dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)hot spot (137)neighborhood gem (129)great for brunch (112)good for groups (106)great for lunch (90)special occasion (74)vibrant bar scene (53)great for outdoor dining (43)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (22)romantic (20)notable wine list (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Really TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Good advice from the waiter regarding portion size and the type of cocktails available. The chicken main was really good and would recommend. The Starwberry Balsamic Daiquiri and Watermelon Sling cocktails were amazing. Good atmosphere and decent prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Fried Chicken!SpgesqVIPDined on 8/24/2014I had been wanting to try Yardbird for a long time. It lived up to the hype and was fun, but very noisy. The prices on the menu for Southern fried chicken were shocking, but it's South Beach after all (plus $15 valet parking). Actually, since they serve family style, 3 of us shared 2 small appetizers and 2 fried chicken entrees (one with waffle and spiced watermelon) and the overall price turned out to be reasonable (about $30pp). That was without drinks, coffee or dessert. The chicken was absolutely delicious and very different than KFC! So long as you are prepared for the sticker shock, it's a beautiful restaurant and a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014A friend recommended Yardbird and I decided to visit while in Miami. I'm so glad we did! The food was great and the service was excellent. This will definitely be added to my go to list when I'm in SoBe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Chicken BiscuitsHWB4VIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch and had the chicken biscuits to start (best I've ever had), BLT eggs benedict, and waffle. All of them were incredible, and to add to the great food, they were playing awesome music the whole time. Really lively crowd and cool decorations. I've heard dinner is great there too, but the brunch was awesome. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iammrslawrenceDined on 8/23/2014As always the food at YardBird was amazing...I went with 2 friends and we ordered Shrimp and Grits, Smoked Brisket and the Elvis Pancakes.....Everything was great! I bring friends here anytime they come visit from out of town and they all love it! thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Third time there. Third great meal. We had different waiters each time and all were able to guide us through selecting a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDawnDined on 8/20/2014So glad I found this restaurant. The Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade is a must have. The good is excellent and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Food shouldn't be this good!FaylalaDined on 8/20/2014By far the best culinary experience I've had on south beach. But the good experienced it only enhanced by the superior customer service. I have never been escorted to the door and given salutations as I've left a restaurant, not until I went to Yardbird. They have top notch service an great food. What a great way to enjoy my birthday. I'll definitely be back whenever I'm in that part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezieDined on 8/16/2014Good southern Stlye menu with a little miami spice kind of flare. I'm an Alabama girl and like to cook shrimp & grits but it was even better to have someone else cook them for me. They were delicious! The chicken & biscuits were fabulous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestFoodieDined on 8/16/2014We loved this place- best southern food I've had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchLove2TravelVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our third visit, but the first for brunch. My son devoured the fried chicken which was excellent and we enjoyed for the third time our favorite appetizer of fried green tomatoes, pimento cheese, and pork belly--YUM!Special Features:
- Fabulous Southern FoodsgedcDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I got a recommendation to try Yardbird from a business associate of my husband. BOY WAS HE RIGHT!!! We stopped at Yardbird before heading across the Everglades. It was Saturday morning and we were extremely impressed with the food and the service. It's a very cool place. Country, but classy. The decor is farm stand and modern combined. We had the fried green tomato BLT with their home cured pork belly, frisee and pepper jelly. Scrumptious!!! We had the chicken liver toast...sooth and creamy pate on a great grilled bread. Our third pick was the "quiche of the day". It was light and fluffy, but full of flavor. We SHOULD have stopped, but we couldn't resist the chicken and biscuits. We ended up taking them to go!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great. Bone marrow left something to be desired but everything else was amazing. Be sure to bring your appetite.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!!!SOBEKingDined on 8/14/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times. I have no complaints and each visit is always as pleasant as the first. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is great!!! I love the details taken into consideration while designing this restaurant. There were no corners cut or lack of imagination. The food is great and I love the drinks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another satisfied customerWestcoast74Dined on 8/11/2014Searched for a great restaurant in the Miami area for my birthday dinner. Read their menu and knew it was the right choice. BlackBerry lemonade was the best drink ever. First time I had shrimp n grits; flavorful, creamy,simply delicious. I also enjoyed the fried green tomatoes w/pork belly. Service was excellent. We were able to store our luggage while dining. This is one spot I will definitely return to Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern hospitalityBubblyDined on 8/10/2014We were recommended to go to Yardbird and it did not disappoint. Delicious and unusual food in a great atmosphere and we could hear ourselves speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchDisappointingVIPDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed brunch, though it is a bit pricey...Probably could have done with a bit less food. Favorite dis was the fried green tomato "BLT"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAlanahlovesYardbirdDined on 8/9/2014Best food I have ever had, along with amazing service and dessert. This is a one of a kind place and it was just spectacular. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the best birthdayTeeTeeDined on 8/9/2014What can I say! I love this restaurant. I had a last minute addition to my party and the staff were so gracious to accommodate us. The server was excellent and the food was superb. So good I went back the next day for brunch. Thank you Yardbird for making my birthday experience wonderful. When I am travel to Miami again, I WILL return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We visited Yardbird for brunch as part of a bachelorette trip to Miami. Food was delicious, service was friendly- overall, great experience! Would recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- Busboys were a little too attentivedinerDVIPDined on 8/9/2014I really enjoyed the food but did not enjoy the experience. The busboys walked around our table at least once a minute, picking up whatever they could and wiping the table. While, the intentions may have been good, the effect was it made us feel rushed to leave. There was no wait at the time, so I can't think of any justifiable reason for the continual hovering.Special Features:
- The south in MiamiJuantroquelDined on 8/8/2014Nice southern food. Fried chicken the specialty. Nice Drinks and small bitesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gotta try the Mac and cheese!aandujarDined on 8/8/2014Everything was excellent. The chicken was super fresh and crispy, the waffles and water melon super tasty, but the Mac and cheese was superb! Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was simply delicious! Left there so satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingburtons3Dined on 8/8/2014They set the scene from the moment you walk in. The atmosphere is very inviting. The service was too notch and the food was delicious.the best fried chicken I have ever tasted. It was my first time and definitely not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014LOVED our meal at Yardbird last week - wish I lived in Miami to visit often! The Fried Green Tomato BLT and Deviled Eggs were awesome appetizers, and the ribs and chicken were delicious. I'm still dreaming of my cheddar waffle and the green tomato chutney and the biscuits, with accompanying jam, were not to be forgotten. We had A LOT of food, more than three hungry adults could reasonably finish. Will definitely return the next time I'm in South Beach!Special Features:
- Over HypedatodonoghueDined on 8/2/2014The staff was friendly. The decor was pleasant. The food was okay, but I know places with a lot better chicken and ribs for a lot less money.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSimsy45Dined on 8/2/2014This was my first time dining here and I was happy with our choice. We ordered the fried green tomatoes blt, fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, and the mama's chicken. The chicken was moist and succulent, not greasy. The flavors were awesome. I was pleasantly surprised about the fried green tomatoes done I'm not a big fan of pork belly. The food was really good. Our waiter was helpful, attentive, but not overly attentive. He served us in a timely manner. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good People Good FoodGoodStuffDined on 8/2/2014Really enjoyed Yardbird. The Chicken and Waffles were pricey...but once you taste them you find that the food was worth every cent and more!!! Enjoyed our waitress as well!Special Features:
- JohnR2JohnR2Dined on 8/1/2014Love Yardbird. The Lewelen Fried Chicken is the Best fried chicken I've ever had.Special Features:
- Come hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014Not only are the portions generous but the food is fabulous. Not for calorie counters, this place is a real splurge and the food is great for sharingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.CrystalDined on 7/31/2014The only bad thing I can say about my dining experience at Yard Bird: I wasn't able to try the Bone Marrow, because they don't serve them at lunch. Aside from that, the food and cocktails were outstanding! The fried chicken was as good as my granny's and the small plates were out of this world. Don't miss out on the toasted chicken liver and deviled eggs with trout roe! Even though Yard Bird is considered "hip" and "trendy" the ambiance didn't feel pretentious. Our server was knowledgeable and made really fantastic suggestions and the manager stopped by and was really warm and suggested we try a restaurant from a former chef, who now has a restaurant in our hometown, NYC. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- yummyAvisobeDined on 7/27/2014always delicious! We love taking our friends there, so much fun and the food is so good!Special Features:
- ChickenEatingisasportDined on 7/24/2014The food is amazing. The price is expensive but the taste is well worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2014While the decor is nothing fab the food and drinks were amazing! Best frog legs I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday chicken ever!!!MaricDined on 7/23/2014Our third visit to Yardbird, our third great meal. The portions are large enough to share. I highly recommend the Sunday chicken, it is fabulous!!! The fried green tomato appetizer is also one of a kind! The salads are delicious as well. This is a high energy place, if you like it really quiet this might not be the place for you. The wine is moderately priced. I recommend reservations as the bar area is small if you have to wait. A South Beach must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Espresso Price! Yikes!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014All was amazing, server had recommendations which I love especially since it was our first time. Read great reviews on the restaurant and decided it was a must. In fact many people we met in Miami spoke quite highly of Yardbird. Be prepared as portions are huge so make sure you have room for the star: Llewlyn's Fried Chicken. The only real let down was the $7 espresso? A bit shocking to be honest. Not quite sure why, I own many restaurants (Toronto & LA) and a bakery in Toronto....espresso should not cost more than $3.5 even if you're roasting your own beans. Come on, Really? Hotels are not even charging this much! Other than that it is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent casual diningPFP1963VIPDined on 7/22/2014This was a fun night out with friends for casual dining. Great southern cuisine. Excellent and unusual cocktail menu. Great helpful staff! The fried chicken is outstanding as is the Mac & Cheese! Do not pass on the lime donut balls for dessert - yum!Special Features:
- A gemAnaNYCVIPDined on 7/21/2014Great food and service in an uber touristy area. Book ahead as hard to find tables for the busiest times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YB 7/2014AKAkrazyDined on 7/20/2014Overall a decent spot to eat. The biscuits where a little harder then expected, the Mac N Cheese was a little too imitational and the seating for two where to close to others seating for two. When one person who sits on the long couch like benches, if they need to get up they have to walk in between their table and the group next to them which was literally inches apart. So my date had to get up and use the bathroom and her butt was pretty much in the next couple faces and personal space. Not really lived up to the hype over this spot.Special Features: