12 S Main St
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yapgreenville.com/
- Phone: 8642633561
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:330pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Sanders
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From rehearsal dinners to business dinners,Weddings to special events and everything in between, We will exceed your every expectation.
For every events, we offer the convenience of:
•Full wine list
•Full dinner menu – customized or limited menus to accommodate any budget
•Its your event and we want to make it PERFECT for you! with the ability even to Make your own Menu from ANY cuisine even if we don't offer it on the menu and we will Gladly make it happen for you.
•Professional dining room service in banquet rooms at your place or ours.
- Private Party Contact: Bronco Manley 8649580185
A word from Yap
Yap! is a new restaurant in the heart of downtown Greenville specializing in American cuisine. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner.,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yap reviews from OpenTable diners
- Internet menu did not existBernDined on 3/1/2013Internet menu did not exist at the restaurant! No items did they serve actually were shown on the interne menu. We choose this place because we thought we would be getting good Medeterranean food they showed on the internet menu. No way. We left without eating there. Pretty crummySpecial Features:
- We have been to YAP severalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We have been to YAP several times now and have always been very pleased. The food has been excellent every time we've been. You can tell that everything is made fresh in house. Service was good and wait staff friendly. They have recently changed some of their decor and I like it better. YAP has becom&e our new favorite downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- Just a regular burger place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Just a regular burger place. The menu listed on open table isn't correct. Don't recommend for a date night.
- Food was very good. The menuMarktDined on 12/15/2012Food was very good. The menu is limited, but they offer a wide variety of main components: steak, chicken, seafood, etc. The atmosphere was different from what I am used to. More modernistic is the way I would describe it. Service was very friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2012My friend and I will probably never return. The food was just ok and priced similar to restaurants downtown with better food and ambiance. And ambiance minimal.
- We tried it, as it was newMeff44VIPDined on 11/23/2012We tried it, as it was new in Greenville. At first we were taken back by the limited menu but the food and service were very good. Great salad bar.Special Features:
- We went for our 41st anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012We went for our 41st anniversary and wanted someplace quiet and good food and service. We were not disappointed. Our waitress Patrice was very accommodating , she made it worthwhile. The food was very good. We are going to return soon. We recommend it to anyone who wants a locally owned, small quiet restaurant to go to. Thanks Patrice.Special Features:
- O.K. not my first pick. I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012O.K. not my first pick. I'm not sure why they have a business casual dress code.The food quality did not match the price.Special Features:
- Don't be mislead by theirPaulRDined on 7/7/2012Don't be mislead by their website which may lead you into thinking that you should be "dressed-up" to enter. If you're walking Main Street Greenville (in casual attire, including shorts and a golf shirt)you'll fit in fine and thoroughly enjoy the experience. Service was very good... menu had a nice variety and didn't disappoint. We were in and out of there in 90 minutes but you could probably eat and go within an hour if you let them know that you have someplace to go (like the Peace Center for a show). We went on a Saturday evening around 7:30PM. The entertainment was very appropriate. A solo acoustic guitar player. You knew he was there, but he didn't distract you from what was going on at your table (your meal and your guests).Special Features:
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012First time visit; great service, great food, quiet, just right...Special Features:
- Went for lunch on Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Went for lunch on Mother's Day. Restaurant was not crowded at all. Seated immediately, and service was great. Food was served quickly. Salad, soup, and bread were all very good. No butter served with bread, although I assume we could have asked for it. Entrees were delicious; tomato sauce had excellent flavor. Asked for additional sauce on the side, and it was provided promptly. Was not asked if we wanted grated cheese on our entrees - seemed strange since every Italian restaurant I have been to provides grated cheese if you want it. Once again, I assume we could have asked for it. Overall, it was a great dining experience. The restaurant is not very fancy, but very quaint in the heart of downtown Greenville. We will return.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012I had a groupn that essentially gave me half off my meal and I still thought it was overpriced. The flavors are just not very good. The white sauce is like biting into a lemon, and the veal parm was not that great either. Even though it was a saturday night and very few people were there, they still had to have live music loud enough I couldnt hear my wife.
- The waitress was friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2012The waitress was friendly and the location (downtown Greenville, on S. Main Street) was ideal. I had tickets to see a show at the Peace Center with a curtain time of 7:30 pm. My dinner reservations were for 5:30 pm, which was plenty of time to enjoy a nice dinner. The problem was that all of my entrees came out simultaneously; the soup, the salad and the main course. ??? By the time I got to my main course, Pollo Isabella, the chicken was cold and the sauce was thick and clammy. Not good at all. And the dessert of Oreo Moss Cake tasted freezer burnt. I really wanted to like this place, but my first experience overall wasn't great, so I don't think I'll be back.
- The food was ok, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012The food was ok, but the service wasn't. The restaurant wasn't full, but we were sitting at our table for at least 20 minutes before someone came to take our drink order, then it was another 25 minutes before our food came.
- We were early for reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2012We were early for reservation and had no problem getting in and really enjoyed the food and wine. The waitress was very nice and prompt and kept checking to make sure the wine glass was never empty. The ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- Good food but need more chefsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012The food was great - especially tasty bread! There was a guy playing guitar that was really pleasant, we loved the live music! The bad news is the chef apparently walked out that evening....The owner had to step in and cook while our big group was dining there. The server apologized and told the whole table but didn't do the best job checking on us. We had to keep looking for her and trying to get her attention. Our food didn't come for two hours although other people in the restaurant who arrived later got their food in good time. We didn't even get anything comped or discounted. It was my birthday and the server had originally asked if I liked chocolate, (free dessert?) but then did not offer anything at the end. Nice place but bad snafuSpecial Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2012The food was very good and the service was fast although our waiter wasn't very personable. In reading the Open Table review online, one of the reasons I chose Milano Kozani was because it remarked about the waiters being very personable and involved in their customers' dining experience. I don't know if our waiter was having a bad night - but he did not fit what Open Table described at all. My guests are from the Bay Area of California and love northern Italian food so when they asked me to choose a great restaurant in Greenville, Milano Kozani stood out as the obvious choice. Although I was disappointed with our waiter, I will try Milano Kozani another time and not make my entire judgement on my first experience there.Special Features:
- All-in-All an Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2012Overall, our dining experience was excellent! The food was amazing (although I thought that my husband's pasta was slightly overcooked)! The selection of entrees was very good and I highly recommend the Mediterranean Sampler with the sweet potato puffs as a side! Although the restaurant is an open concept, the noise level wasn't loud and we enjoyed the live music that was in the background! If we had thought about it, we would had requested one of the outdoor tables as it was the perfect evening to dine outdoors! The service was top-notch! The selection of wines was very good and the Greek wine that I tried warranty's a second try! The owner was very personable! All-in-all, an excellent dining experience...a return trip upcoming!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012We had a wonderful time in here, food, service and atmosphere. Where so niceSpecial Features:
- pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012We had a very pleasant experiance with this restaurant, my father used to say if you walked out of a restaurant and you where thinking of the prices not the food , then its a bad restaurant, but thats not here, the sordfish where tasting so tender and awasome flavor that when i was walking out i was already thinking when i can be back specially that there is no restaurants i know of carry that around.Special Features:
- Food was awesome. I had aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Food was awesome. I had a party of 9 with me and everyone was very pleasedSpecial Features:
- I have been to Milano KozaniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012I have been to Milano Kozani several times and have never been dissapointed, the food is always flavorfull and excellent, the portions always satisfying, the service always on the spot and the wine list is very good, specialy they are one of the few that carry greek wines, try the amythistos red, what wonderful wine!Special Features:
- Quality Italian/Meditrranian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012took my parents and wife here for the first time and was very impressed. The menu was well curated and everything was delicious- you could really taste the quality even in the simple dishes.we had the hummus with felafel and tabouli salad as an app.was fresh and wonderfull tasts like it really should be, I had the veal saltiboca. All of the pastas are fresh and though I've heard that at other places, here I could really taste the difference. every one was very happy with there meals as well,With all the exotic/small plate restaurants popping up, this was a nice change back to well done, authentic Italian food.Special Features:
- Its a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012Great food and hospitality from walking in to out, i really enjoyed my linguine compeso misto, a mix of all my favorite sea food with white lemone wine sauce, you wont get over cooked scalops in here! just done perfect, my first and wont be last time, my wife salmon came on a sezling plate with great presentations and it tasted wonderfull with the lime marenade,this restaurant became a favorite to us.Special Features:
- Real Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2012Finally... a real good Italian fare in Greenville that i enjoyed me and my husband in greenville, food and service was at the top, unique flavors , classic dining room, what more you can ask for? oh yeah THE WINE LIST just perfect too, we will back to try more.Special Features:
- Good food, great music!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012We love the musicians that we have enjoyed listening to here on the Friday and Saturday nights. Song choices are perfect and great background ambiance for a Romantic Dinner or night out with friends!Special Features:
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012This was our first visit and it was wonderful! The owner came to our table to speak, and the service was out fo this world. Very warm and romantic. We will dine at Milano Kozani again! Thank you! The MyersSpecial Features:
- We were unable to finish ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012We were unable to finish our meal. The service was beyond poor. Valentines night, 4 course meal and we only got first two courses after 2 hours. Server disapeared and understand chef also left. Very bad situation. Would suggest you remove them from your service.
- The reasons for my "not soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012The reasons for my "not so good" review was based on it being my first time and it was Valentine's night. This restaurant was one of only a few in Greenville that had open seating for a 6:30 pm reservation which was my reason for reserving a table with them. The service of the food was a below average rating. They supposedly had a renowned chef who won "Top Chef" 3 times...Anthony Davis. Based on the manager response the chef could not keep up with the orders that were presented to him; he was just too slow. There was a special Valentine menu presented. We never got our food. The waiters gave us the regular menu to order from after being in the restaurant for 2 hours already! We left after receiving the appetizer & soup/salad. Unfortunate!!Special Features:
- Our first experience at thisLesMDined on 2/14/2012Our first experience at this restaurant was on Valentine's Day. We were initially impressed with the service & ambiance. A couple issues surfaced as the evening progressed. We never got desert due to kitchen issues and were offered a discount on our bill. They also underestimated the dining time per meal causing long waits for some diners. Whatever issues arose in the kitchen affected our level of service as well. All in all, the food and ambiance were very good and we will give this restaurant another try. A return is high on our list.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, but aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Food was excellent, but a special Valentine's menu was created for the evening. Apparently, only one chef knew how to cook the items on the new menu, so dining took 2.5 hours. Several cuoples left without waiting for entrees or dessert. Once food arrived, it was very good.
- Fair food at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Had dinner at Milano Kozani on Valentines day. They offered a prix fixe menu for $40 per person. No issue with that, several places do the same on a special day. Food was fair at best. Apps were very small and the desert was far from fresh. Tasted like they bought it from the grocery store a couple of days earlier. Main course was pretty good. Wanted to try it, but highly doubt I'll be back.
- RECONSIDER!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Sat there for 2 hours and never got the main course. Then they decided to spring this surprise menu on people where it was $40 a person no exceptions. The server had no clue what was going on, could tell us nothing about the menu or why things were different. Management was completely unsympathetic and unapologetic. Plus they played the same song in the restaurant on repeat. Ended up paying $48 dollars for two appetizers and a salad. Worst place ever.
- Great food & ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2012Food was very good and the ambience was quite nice. Good specials, especially if you like wine. I love Greek food and they did a fantastic job.Special Features:
- Not to much to say really.sxtoll88VIPDined on 1/27/2012Not to much to say really. I can't say I was unhappy with kozani I just didn't have anything that was that great. The rest of our table felt the same way. We were all satisfied but none of us were too impressed
- So impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012I dined with milano kuzani over the weekend, and I must say I was really impressed!!!!! It has a nice cozy atmosphere and seems to be a hidden gem in the middle of downtown greenville! I travel a lot and dine out quite often, and having a career in the food industry I'm rather picky on where I eat out. Let me say again that I was really impressed!!! The service was great and even though they where pretty busy our waitor made us feel as if we where the only one's there! Our food was absolutely perfect I couldn't of asked for anything better! I could tell that it was fresh ingredients and that our food hadn't been baked under a heat lamp! So with great food, wonderful service, and a very noteable wine list I will definetly be backSpecial Features:
- On one of the busiest nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011On one of the busiest nights of the year, we found the food to be excellent, the staff friendly and attentive, and wait time to be minimal all for a reasonable price. A simple decor, cozy seating, and an authentic menu make this our new favorite italian resturant.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve BustOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Disappointed with both food and service after reading good reviews on this restaurant.
- Lack of authenticityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011Overall, the restaurant was suitable for a quick bite to eat if you were on the go. It is most likely a decent lunch option for people who work in downtown Greenville. I had the chicken Parmesan which I thought would be a featured dish and it tasted cheap, as if it came out of a frozen pack and the side of pasta was overdone. There was very little care put into the meal. My wife had a seafood dish that looked good, but had the same lack of "freshness". Nice atmosphere and good music.