Yao Fuzi Cuisine
4757 West Park Boulevard
Plano, TX 75093Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Yao Fuzi Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yaofuzi.com/
- Phone: 2144739267
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Alex Yao and Chris Yao
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Yao 4697678613
A word from Yao Fuzi Cuisine
YaoFuzi's unique and flavorful take on standard Chinese fare, which has become such common place at other dining establishments, will have you reconsidering your opinion on Asian cuisine. Our dishes burst forth with flavor and originality unlike anywhere else because our chefs have concocted new and exciting variations on the traditional Chinese fare by fusing various preparation methods and distinctive ingredients from around the globe to create truly innovative and savory recipes. "Fuzi" which is Mandarin for “father and son,” is truly a family affair and a perfect place to get together with friends and loved ones. Not only will your delicious meal have you coming back again and again, but our elegant ambience and courteous staff will have you relaxing long into the evening with family and friends as you enjoy your favorite drinks from our extensive bar selection. Come on in and visit us for lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Yao Fuzi Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Yao Fuzi Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (23)special occasion (23)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (16)romantic (13)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Yao Fuzi is a favorite of ours. We arrived an hour prior to our reservation and were promptly seated. The waite staff was very attentive. The food was very good. Nice ambience. Nice evening.Special Features:
- simply fantasticLukeDined on 10/4/2014Great experience. Food is top notch and wait staff wasn't rushing us for a change which is my only complaint I ever have here. Great dining experience. Had the wontons, eggrolls and crispy beef. All heavenlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion fabulousFineDiningDined on 10/2/2014This is the best Asian Fusion restaurant in North Texas, if not all of Texas. Chris Yao knows, how to treat his guests, greeting all by name and circulating the dining floor to check on everyone's meal.his parents prepare and cook the most of the dishes. The lobster dishes, crispy beef and flounder are some of our favorite dishes. The soup dumplings, fried halibut and the ribs are great appetizers. Don't forget to have the Westlake soup, with just the right amount of cilantro, that gives an extra kick to the flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable foodFoodieDined on 9/28/2014Our favorite Asian restaurant. Always delicious. The wonton soup needed to be hotter, but it was still very tasty. We loved our "private" table along the front windows.Special Features:
- JakeMDined on 9/20/2014Simply put some of the best Asian food I have ever had. Crispy Beef is a must order!Special Features:
- Great MealTxDanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Finding good Chinese Food in Dallas is a difficult task and I'm so grateful that we have Yao Fuzi. We've been loyal fans and grown kids who visit occasionally, ask to dine there every time they visit. Make reservations as this place draws a crowd! Tonight, we celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary at Yao Fuzi. Going back in 2 weeks with friends...
- RhendyDined on 9/16/2014I always enjoy the food at Yao Fuzi. This meal was the same. I had requested a 7 o'clock reservation but had to take a 7:30 reservation. I was baffled by that when I came in and found the restaurant 3/4 empty as I expected it would be on a Tues. night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was very good!!! Didn't like how loud the bartender and the customers at the little bar area were talking... it was just too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Enough people read how great the food is and it really is good the one thing I wanted to site is the atmosphere restaurants nowadays seem to be very bright and very loud and full of distractions. the atmosphere here took us back to a time when a darkly lit quiet h busy atmosphere was the normSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeMVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food is great. The entire staff is well trained and is always cheerful. The wine list covers a great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet ChineseFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Soup dumplings are a must! Excellent flavor with a little explosion of soup squirting out when you bite into it. Sesame chicken pieces and the sweet sauce over them were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Chinese RestaurantKdean116VIPDined on 8/29/2014The food here is always delicious, good quality and perfectly prepared. The wine list is extensive, with plenty of good choices, and the staff is very attentive even when the restaurant is busy. George is our favorite server.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantFlexigourmetDined on 8/9/2014Very good Asian food with friendly staff and many main course selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsVHarresVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is one of mine and hubby's favorite places to eat. It's definitely the best oriental food in Plano, and they have an excellent wine selection.Special Features:
- Excellent as usual.DelilciousVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our food and service were excellent as usual. So delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I can depend on Fuzi to always deliver great service and delicious food! Thanks for the opportunity to praise a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhatupVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food always good. Was disappointed that even after noting on the opentable.com reservation AND telling our server we were celebrating a birthday, we weren't compt'd a dessert or anything. Obviously, NOT the place for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualalb14Dined on 7/29/2014I have dined at Yao Fuzi several times and have always been pleased. The food this time was not up to par. The kung pao chicken was okay but not great and the salad was horrible. Tasteless. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Good food, good environmentMfmanDined on 7/23/2014Nice place with good food. Great for dates. Get the soup dumplingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiVIPDined on 7/16/2014I brought a friend from out of town and she was very impressed. As always, the food is superb...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a pleasant experienceTXDogLoverVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I dine here often and we are always pleased with our food and wine selection. My favorite is the Fuzi Prawns and my husbands favoriet is the Soft Shell Crab. I tried something new this visit, the Vegetable Clay Pot, it was delicious. My husband had the crispy spicy beef and he loved it. The curry calamari is a "must have." The service is excellent, I highly recommend Yao Fuzi. You will find the food experience is a step above the big name chain restaurants in the Shops at Legacy area.Special Features:
- Expensive Pei WeiEatyMcSnackersonDined on 7/11/2014The service was attentive and quick. The atmosphere was nice. The food amount and quality to price ratio is the downside of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great find with friendsPeterOVIPDined on 7/5/2014Visiting friends who had recently moved to Dallas and are still trying new restaurants. Yao Fuzi had good reviews on OT and TripAdvisor, so we gave it a try and all four of us LOVED it. As for the interior, there's just not much you can do to bring "character" to a boxy space in a shopping center. So if you can get past that...and I assume you can if you live in the area since that's where all the restaurants seem to be...then come on in for some really good Asian food! Appetizers....wontons, summer rolls (a freshly-made house version of spring rolls) and lettuce wraps...were all excellent with very fresh ingredients. Garlic shrimp was everyone's fave. Double cooked pork entree, disappointing. Banana eggroll dessert outstanding!Special Features:
- eaterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Average quality food. The recommended house specialty, crispy beef ($26) was mostly gristle & fat. We ordered several other menu items, no major complaints but nothing special either.
- Amazing Food - Great DrinksmjntDined on 6/28/2014The food at Yao Fuzi is wonderful. We love every appetizer that we've tried - with our favorite being the soup dumplings. The Crispy Beef Entree is amazing. We order a plate of it every time! The drinks are very good. There is an extensive wine list but my favorites are the special martinis - lots of choices and expertly made. Yao Fuzi dishes are unique and this is our "go-to" restaurant for Asian food.Special Features:
- FlexigourmetFlexigourmetDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food and service with a subtle quietness amid a soft settingSpecial Features:
- pr54Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent atmosphere and food. Everything we ordered was exceptional. Service was great. A good place to meet friends and catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet ChineseFoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014Soup dumplings appetizer were amazing. When we bit into them, the soup splashed out into our mouths. The sesame chicken was crispy with a delicious sweet sauce on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 412 reviews are from the Yao Fuzi Cuisine reviews archive.
- Another great experienceTXDogLoverVIPDined on 6/21/2014I have received Yao Fuzi several times, we take guests here often because the service and food are high quality, the atmosphere is nice/intimate and very best part, it is not a chain restaurant - which is unusual for Plano.Special Features:
- Will come back!BortDined on 6/21/2014Great food with traditional Chinese favorites along with Chinese dishes with a twist. Everything I've ever had here is fantastic. Don't miss the crispy beef! Wine list is extensive and pricy but there are some reasonably priced gems on there. Ask for help pairing a wine. The wine expert will guide you to something wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yao Fuzi reviewyummyfoodieDined on 6/18/2014A delicious meal with super service and beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:
- First time at Yao FuziOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Busy on a Saturday night, make a reservation! This is smaller restaurant, but they do have a nice semi-private room that looked like it could hold 10 or so people. It was a bit loud and tables cramped imo. My husband and I shared blue crab wontons, they were delish! He ordered the crispy beef, and I ordered the shrimp lo mein. We are not super adventerous, so both quite happy with our selections. The shrimp was tender and noodles very good. The crispy beef was also quite good, my husband loved it. The sauce was a little sweet for my taste (I like spicier dishes), but again he loved it. We are definitely planning on returning. Next time I am trying the slow braised pork and the soup dumplings. Yum~Special Features:
- Excellent Chinese CuisineKdean116VIPDined on 6/5/2014There is no place in the DFW Metroplex that serves better Chinese food. Service is always appropriately attentive. Good selection of quality wines. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Just OKBarracudaDined on 6/5/2014Came here with high expectations. Soup Dumplings were very good but the entrees were very bland. Could have gotten more flavor from Pei Wei or Panda Express for a 1/3 of the price. Servers were efficient but not very friendly until they delivered the check.
- Highly recommendTXDogLoverVIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband & I go to Yao Fuzi often & bring friends with us as it is one of the few restaurants in Plano that has more creative food. The menu is fairly extensive with a lot of seafood selections. Each time we visit, the service is outstanding. The owners are always on site and everyone who works there seems to genuinely care about the way their customers are treated. One of the owners is very wine knowledgeable, asks the right questions to determine what you like & makes great recommendation. The Fuzi Pawn dish is my favorite as it is decadent & delicious. We have never had a bad experience at Yao Fuzi & we have dinner there often. I highly recommend it to anyone that is growing weary of the multitude of chain restaurants in Plano.Special Features:
- Excellent Chinese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/9/2014Very good choices on the menu and the food is prepared just right.Special Features:
- Best Asian Food In North TX!NapaTimDined on 5/6/2014Love this place. I've taken business guest there at least 10 times and they are always surprised at the uniqueness and quality of the dishes. I think the fact it doesn't look like much from the outside makes it seem even more special. Make sure to try the crispy beef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to impressive . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Never knew who our waiter/waitress was as no one ever came by our table to see if we needed anything or make sure the food was OK. We had ordered a bottle of chilled wine which was very nice. The table next to us also had wine with a bucket of ice to keep it chilled as did several other customers who had wine. No one brought an ice bucket to our table or inquired if we would like one for our chilled wine that sat on the table warming up. The food was good but the service needs to be spruced up! Disappointed needless to say ......Special Features:
- Tasty upscale chineseKortex4VIPDined on 4/30/2014Always a treat. Mongolian beef is killer here. Very tender with a little kick of spice. Kids love the soup dumplings and mild mongolian beef. Wife loves the XO shrimp. Every dish has been very good there. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not authentic at allCharlesVIPDined on 4/25/2014Seeing that this has been rated higher than another Shanghainese restaurant, we had great expectations. We tried the Xiao Long Bao, which did not have the delicate skin that its supposed to have and did not have enough soup to come out of it. Next was the Lion's Head Meatball, which was one of their chef's specialty and higher priced product, but was fairly bland. The fried rice and double cooked pork was ok but not special. Once again, we may have come in with great expectations, but for the price that you pay for, I may have done better in the take out area near the place I live in.