2262 1st Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2393327797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Fri - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sundays: 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Yanovich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From big to small, we do it all!
A word from Yanos
Yanos is an upscale contemporary restaurant featuring fresh seafood, steaks, pasta, salads, boutique wines and more. We are a fun, casual neighborhood place, perfect for a quick bite, a relaxing dinner with friends or a meeting with clients. With a unique and dynamic menu, flexible catering options and a wide variety of wines, we will surely be able to satisfy all of your tastes and wants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yanos reviews from OpenTable diners
- Yanos and Yuccadrdms1VIPDined on 4/28/2013Our 3rd time dining at Yanos. Excellent food and very good yucca fries. We have never had these fries anywhere else.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDkurDined on 4/27/2013The food and service was great. Only complaint was restaurant was empty and we asked to move to a different table. They said no because had reservations for those tables. Most stayed empty entire time we were there. Other than that no complaints.Special Features:
- The house wine is excellentgpinpgDined on 4/26/2013The house wine is excellent and reasonably priced. I strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining spot in Ft. MeyersBSPBVIPDined on 4/24/2013We were visiting from Chicago and chose Yano's because it's right across the street from the Playhouse. My entire family was extremely pleased with our dining experience! The menu was creative, the food quality was AMAZING and the portions huge. The braised short ribs with brie-infused mashed potatoes was to die for - the best I have ever had. The wine selection was really nice and the pound cake with Sangria-reduced sauce and fresh berries was incredible. And the coffee - WOW! They serve Lavazza coffee but make it in an espresso machine instead of just brewing it, plus they serve your creamer warmed up in a tiny carafe - a wonderful touch. The ambiance is 'casual bistro' and our waiter Eddie was absolutely great. KUDOS!Special Features:
- Casual, friendly, differentPc1029VIPDined on 4/18/2013Casual, friendly, different menu. We tried the spicy noodles & shrimp, sat outside, even during a short rain shower, and thought it was great.Special Features:
- Our party enjoyed the homedoublepawsDined on 4/18/2013Our party enjoyed the home made chips with cheese spread with our wine. Our entrees were wonderful...scallops for one, short ribs for another, and the special snapper for the last two. Everyone raved.Special Features:
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/12/2013My dad and I got the cobia special. The mashed plantains made the dish - those were so good! Fish was very good, not amazing. The short ribs however - wow! Two others at the table got them and devoured them. Fell off the bone. Server was nice and fairly good, but not as attentive as he could have been. Took way too long to get our bill despite asking for it - and I noticed him spending a lot of time talking to his coworkers. Just annoying more than really bad service. Definitely suggest a visit.
- Great food. Good place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Great food. Good place to go before going to the Florida Rep.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Love the shrimp/chicken Asian dish......there is a menu item to meet even the most picky eaters demands...... Great experience on a consistent basis !Special Features:
- Great restaurant as it isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2013Great restaurant as it is close to the theatre and good food. Only thing is he wait staff needs to realize that bills need to be closed in time for 8 p.m. theater showing.Special Features:
- As usual, everything was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013As usual, everything was perfect - food, wine, service. Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro style dining with flair.JosieCabotDined on 3/16/2013Yanos is conveniently located right across the street from the Florida Repertory Theater. The outdoor dining is fun, but can get loud. Drinks come with the homemade potato chips and dip which are great. The salads are wonderful and enough for an appetizer for two. Along with the regular menu, there is a special which is usually a great choice. Wine and beer only. Wonderful service. Reliably good.Special Features:
- made a reservation four daysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013made a reservation four days in advance to be told upon arrival only outside tables available, with lots of empty tables set up inside, receptionist not welcoming!!!!Special Features:
- Always excellent!ben97alana00VIPDined on 3/15/2013Yanos is always a favorite when picking a place to dine downtown. The food is top quality and service is always first rate.Special Features:
- Said they did not have ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013Said they did not have our reservation. But they did find a table for us. Service was almost too relaxed. Short ribs were very good. Thai noodlees a little too spicy.
- Food was awesome, we wentMdntshksprDined on 3/9/2013Food was awesome, we went there for date night not disappointed:-) we even saw Jesus (or at least a guy dressed like him). We ate outside enjoyed our dinner immensely. Check it out while in town you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Happy with our opentable find!HappydinerVIPDined on 3/7/2013Food was terrific and service was equal and we were a large group (12) on a Thursday night. Portions were huge particularly after the homemade chips and dip which were DElicious and plentiful. Short ribs, mac n cheese, burger and scallops all got rave reviews from our table. Wine list is a bit eclectic and value priced but don't let that scare you. Will be back next time we are in FM.Special Features:
- Great food. Not tremendousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Great food. Not tremendous variety but something for everyone. Local fresh ingredients . Very south beach vibe in the decor.will definately go back.Special Features:
- We'll be back...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013It was our first visit and we took out of town guests. We were not disappointed. We got in and seated promptly. The service was great. The food fabulous. We will be back!Special Features:
- Our short rib dinner and primeGator4OkieVIPDined on 2/6/2013Our short rib dinner and prime burger were delicious. Service was efficient and timely. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Yanos has never been a disappointmeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2013Yanos has never been a disappointment. Our group of 6 women dine in downtown Ft. Myers frequently and Yanos is our favorite spot. The food is always good, the wait staff friendly and considerate even when busy, and we don't ever feel crowded.
- Not as good as previous visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/5/2013Disappointed that it was not as good as our previous visit. Service was very slow and inattentive--had to ask for multiple things that should have been brought automatically. Food was mediocre.
- Best thing about this placekaydinesoutVIPDined on 1/20/2013Best thing about this place was the very pleasant service. Also a great location when visiting old Fort Myers. Very convenient to Florida Rep Theatre.
- Althouth I continue to enjoyCindytVIPDined on 1/11/2013Althouth I continue to enjoy their food, the service remains uneven. Our ravioli mushroom appetizer did not arrive until after our entree and only when we asked our waiter about it. Also, there is usually some sort of complimentary bread/chip basket which we didn't receive at all and were told by the time it was ready our entrees were being eaten. The staff, however, is very friendly and once they iron out the scheduling issues with the food it will get a higher rating from me.Special Features:
- Exceptional!!ben97alana00VIPDined on 1/4/2013We frequent Yanos and have always had an excellent meal - nicely prepared and beautifully presented. The service is courteous and friendly. It's a great place to dine - either indoors or outdoors.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2013This is a great place to dine for a casual dinner or a that SPECIAL dinner. The staff is very helpful and so nice. They were very busy the night we attended, yet we did not feel neglected at all. The food is EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- Enjoyed my pizza appetizer..4Pc1029VIPDined on 12/30/2012Enjoyed my pizza appetizer..4 nice size pieces, good flavor. My husband loved his crunchy noodles with lots of seafood in a delicious sauce. Casual atmosphere. Nice crowd for a Sunday early evening. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very good menu selection forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Very good menu selection for both food and wine, excellent service, very nice addition to down town. Will definitley be back.Special Features:
- We had a flawless, spinachGator4OkieVIPDined on 12/8/2012We had a flawless, spinach salad and several 8 oz burgers with cheese and caramelized onions. We're addicted to the house fries. The wine was fairly priced and the service was spectacular. We ate outside and people watched. In the end, we always find the food terrific and the service smooth and professional.Special Features:
- dinner before showflbubVIPDined on 11/3/2012salad was good and gigantic- enough for 2 people- pork dish not good- rib appetizer not tasty enough
- We absolutely LOVE Yanos!SusanGDined on 11/1/2012We absolutely LOVE Yanos! It is our favorite restaurant in Ft. Myers. Small and intimate with a very small menu - making your decisions easier. Excellent daily specials!!! Extra bonus: 1,000 point tables are available through Open Table :)Special Features:
- I've eaten at Yanos many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/27/2012I've eaten at Yanos many times and never had a bad meal or bad service. This was the first time. The special redfish dish was bland and flavorless. The waiter pushed the special on me and another person in my party, claiming it was loaded with flavor. I told him I wanted "flavor" or spice. I was very disapointed. The service was terrible. We sat 20 minutes before even getting a glass of water. After the waiter took the entree order he ran off to another table and I never got to order my appetizer and had to call him back. He gave other tables more attenton than our table. I was very disappointed. I will eat at Yanos again becuase it is my favorite restuaratn downtown, but I hope I don't get this waiter again.Special Features:
- Great place to dine!ben97alana00VIPDined on 10/26/2012Yanos is one of our favorite places to dine. The variety of food is consistently great and the service is always really good.Special Features:
- Salads were fabulous and extremelyeatitDined on 9/11/2012Salads were fabulous and extremely generous. When ordering a salad and an entree, server suggested we share one salad. Great suggestion and much appreciated. The mushroom ravioli is still in my dreams. I have told all my mushroom fanatic friends. Hope to go back soon for more.Special Features:
- Have been to Yanos twice nowOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/8/2012Have been to Yanos twice now and have been impressed with the overall quality both times. The service is friendly, helpful and attentive. The menu is varied enough from a rib eye to a burger so that there is something for every appetite. We ordered the burger that was really delicious and the grouper special with tomatoes and avocado that was my favorite. And try the roasted oysters and you'll be as hooked as I am. Can't wait to go back! And Sarah's Chocolate Pecan Pie is a winner!Special Features:
- Yanos is definitely the favoritekmmbVIPDined on 9/1/2012Yanos is definitely the favorite restaurant we tried during our visit to Fort Myers. The wine list was delightful, the food fabulous and the service was just right. Loved it! We will be back.Special Features:
- The best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/1/2012My favorite downtown restaurant....NYC caliber, even down to the luscious coffeeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012Weekend getaway with my husband turned out to be the best meal we have had in a very long time. The service was Phenomenal! The Food Outstanding. We will be back to Fort Meyers and this will be a must go! Seafood Pasta MUST Try!!!Special Features:
- I tried a Vietnamese entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012I tried a Vietnamese entree for the first time and was very disappointed-the spices were so hot I couldn't eat it-the other three people in my party were very impressed with their fish entrees-I will never order Vietnamese food again.
- This is a gem of a restaurant.drdms1VIPDined on 7/18/2012This is a gem of a restaurant. The special was triple tail served on jasmine rice with carrot-ginger sauce. The fish was very tasty, lightly sauteed and the carrot-ginger sauce provided a fresh take. We tried yucca fries for the first time-yummy! Service was outstanding. We visited on a Wednesday, which was 1/2 wine bottles. A nice surprise. We will definitely return.Special Features: