261 Washington Street
Marblehead, MA 01945Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yannalfos.com/
- Phone: 7819901456
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steven Zammuto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: People love our food and are always asking if we can do their functions. We love helping out and would love to help you out. You can chose from our menu or if you have something specific in mind that you don"t see on our menu, we will be happy to work with you. Should you like to have us cater a function, please call the restaurant and we will have you speak directly with our Chef to come up with what works best for you!
- Cross Street: Atlantic Ave
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is a premium in downtown Marblehead, but don't worry - we're one of the few places that have our own lot! As you are coming down our stree, we are on the left and our lot enterance is right before our building, so you can't miss it.
A word from Yannalfo's
Welcome to Yannalfo"s! We are a casual dining restaurant that provides high quality food teamed with amazing service. We have been told by many of our regulars that we could easily promote ourselves as fine dining because of our quality, but we have chosen to keep our prices and style casual - we don't want to be your 'special night out' but rather your go to place. We get to know the majority of our customers by name so you feel like you are truly dealing with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Yannalfo's - Best Restaurants in Marblehead ›
Yannalfo's reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)special occasion (12)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I'm new to the area. Should've known when it was empty at 8PM on a Saturday. The sauce was tasteless, pasta chewy and the waiter kept calling us "guys". Go somewhere else.
- Greats EatsAlexevDined on 8/23/2014The food was different and very good. It is a little noisy even with my back to a wall. It is a small restaurant. We were there early so it was not crowded so our waitress was a little too attentive. She asked too many times if everything was okay. Our left overs will make another meal. The desert was described as ice cream with limoncello poured over it. It was not limoncello since alcohol doesn't freeze. It was very lemony but thick like a pudding. It was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much more than I was expecting!FoodsnobDined on 8/14/2014I made a reservation after a 3.5 star rating out here & thought I might as well try. Probably should have read all the reviews first because looking at them, there are a lot more positives than negatives & I (obviously) agree with the 5 star reviews! But, because of that, when I went in, I was expecting an average experience, but boy was I wrong! This place is amazing! I wished I lived closer so that it could be my new 'go-to' place. The food was great & the service was spot on! Our server (Mark) had the right blend of being attentive but not over bearing, the Chef came out to check & see how we were enjoying his food! The owner came over & talked to us as well - we felt so welcome! If you are in Marblehead, Yannalfo's is a MUST TRY!!Special Features:
- JulesDined on 8/8/2014Great atmosphere..engaging staff and fabulous food at a very reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try this place!GinnyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Can't say enough. Food was good and plentiful. Service was efficient and very friendly. A wonderful evening and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- I rate it a B-AML79Dined on 8/1/2014The experience was okay. The food was just average. My dessert was incredibly dry and tasted like it had been in the freezer for 6 months. My husband's Harpoon IPA (bottle) cost $7!!! That was a bit of a sticker shock. We spent half as much on two beers as we did on a three-course meal. It wasn't a terrible experience, but we wouldn't spend the money to go back (with so many other dining options to choose from), not even with a Groupon (and definitely not paying full price!)
- Great find!IDontCookDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant came up as a groupon dining option, so my friend and I went. It is an excellent restaurant! My friend has dietary needs because of health issues, and they were extremely sensitive and accommodating. The portions were perfect!Special Features:
- The Waiter. A true professional.cataDined on 7/26/2014the waiter is clearly a professional who takes pride in his work and understanding what the customer wants. See for yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Evening DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went here for dinner last Saturday night. It took a bit a time to get seated, not because there wasn't a table, but because the staff was too busy taking care of the bar or the other patrons. The food here was fair, nothing spectacular. Sort of establishment that is striving to be something more authentic than it is (ie. desserts equivalent to Hoodsies.) That being said, the service was QUITE poor. To be specific, OUR SERVER was poor (not naming names, don't want to call her out). Passed MULTIPLE times before she came to our table. Took an hour before we got our salad. Dinner took so long that another server came over to ask if anyone was waiting on us. Think she was overwhelmed/new or something. Never again for us.
- casual elegancesalemfriendsDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful food, service and all around excellence. Large portions, served hot. Menu has good variety. Seafood fresh and abundant. Home made pasta delicious. Appetizers amazing and enough for 2 to share. I will definitely return to this lovely restaurantSpecial Features:
- Excellent Italian RestaurantBobbiDined on 7/7/2014Very good selection. Food was delicious. Tucked away in Marblehead; worth seeking it out for a wonderful meal. Bonus: Restaurant has its own parking lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The management failed to deal properly with a crying and disruptive child who was ruining the dining experience for the entire restaurant.Special Features:
- Comfortable and invitingLuv2dineoutDined on 6/25/2014Good Italian food her with comfortable seating. Great for a romantic dinner. Very friendly Waiter and Host. Both making us feel at home. Food was very tasty and I would love to go back again. Hot rolls and dipping oil are brought to you to start while you wait for your meal. I had a very generous side salad with field greens as I call 'em and a wonderful house dressing. Meatballs and pasta was my entree and notice it's plural on the meatball. Three very good size meatballs and not just one in the middle of your plate as some places give you. Prices may seem high at first but really they are the average in the North of Boston area. Over all a very good experience.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere/Great FoodTGBGDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant is off on a side street just out of Marblehead Center. Our waiter/bartender/possibly the owner was very efficient and had a great sense of humor. The food was delicious and there were many entrees to choose from. The lobster crostini appetizer was perfect served with lobster salad on 4 toasted garlic crostini slices. We also tried the Caprese Salad which was also very good and included a generous plate of tomatoes and mozzarella. The balsamic dressing was just right. I had the Veal Milanese with fresh pappardelle and my husband had the special which a Bolognese. Both entrees were nice size portions and very tasty. We topped it off with a piece of chocolate cake...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing in all respectsBostonianVIPDined on 6/14/2014I expected a good local "red sauce" experience but it was not to be. First, instead of fresh Italian bread, there were house baked frozen rolls. Warm and tasteless. Waitress tried to accommodate but was not well trained, the table was not cleaned between courses, nor did she check on how the dinner was. My order of veal Marsala was served with a mix of chicken and veal, in a tasteless grey sauce over angel hair pasta that was stuck together. It was in edible. When I advised the waitress, she offered to bring something else, which I declined. The manager never bothered to come by, and was so unaware that he said he hoped I enjoyed my dinner, which I hadn't had. They really need to get their act together
- Good RestaurantLynneBVIPDined on 6/14/2014I was pleased overall with the food, service and menu choices.Special Features:
- We'll Be Back!WeeelzDined on 6/14/2014We are usually hesitant to try and new restaurant for a special occasion but we decided to try Yannalfo's for our 35 anniversary... It was wonderful.. I especially appreciated the assistance in choosing a wine I would enjoy.. and I certainly did. Each meal was prepared to perfection.. Very special.Special Features:
- Disappointing at BestMoniquefromtheIslandDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I along with friends dined at Yannalfo's on Saturday night. We had purchased a Groupon and thought it would be fun to try something new (note to self-read the reviews first before purchasing a Groupon) The ambiance was lovely, small, quiet, a great place to catch up with friends.The wait staff was also pleasant and accommodating. Appetizers took about 45 minutes and dinner was at least another hour after that. I won't go into detail about the food other than we had 2 bad appetizers, 4 inedible dinners and 1 bad dessert. In all fairness we didn't complain, and wanted to just let it go. The chef wouldn't have eaten this food - maybe time to change up the cook staff.
- Yannalfo's = A Great Find!Jerseygirl818VIPDined on 6/7/2014We recently had a most enjoyable dining experience at Yannalfo's in Marblehead. We went with friends and used a Groupon, which it seemed everyone was using that night. Everything about Yannalfo's appealed to us (the atmosphere, the food, the service, etc.) ... and we all agreed that we will be returning there sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!HoleNTWallLvrDined on 6/7/2014I've been to Yannalfo's before & they are what a neighborhood restaurant should be! I am so happy I stumbled on them a year ago. The first time I went, I had the Chicken Parm because I think if an Italian place can't get that right, there is no sense in trying anything else. Now over the last year I have tried different things - some menu, some specials (the best pork chop I have ever had) & they never dissapoint. The service is just as amazing as the food. They are casual there & enjoy interacting with you when you go in. Yes, they do the basics, but they actually get to know you & talk/joke with you. I do not give referrals too easily, but I wouldn't have any problem sending friends/family in for a really enjoyable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!TiJoDined on 6/4/2014I have been going to Yannalfo's since they first opened & can't say enough about them. They are a small place with a great feel. The bar is very warm & inviting, the staff are simply amazing - from the servers to the chef who comes out to check on you if things aren't too busy. They are so nice & really seem to care about your night! They make everything from scratch & will even go off the menu as long as they have the ingredients. So I got a chicken parm, but with alfredo sauce & it was amazing! Do yourself a favor, if you are heading to Marblehead, give this place a try. I am sure you'll love them as much as I do - their prices are very reasonable & they refer to themselves as casual, but they are the quality of a fine dining experience!Special Features:
- It was good - except some problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Appetizers were great - shrimp scampi and eggplant rolls. They ran out of lobster tails so made my dish with claws - very rubbery and tough. Husband had to send his haddock back because it was raw, but he enjoyed it. Tiramasu was out of this world.Special Features:
- Very disappointingNativeMarbleheaderDined on 5/17/2014I ordered the Pappardelle alla Carbonara. It was served without the promised fresh prosciutto - but even worse, the pasta was inedible. I like my pasta al dente, but this was severely undercooked (not al dente - but undercooked), and the pappardelle was stuck together in clumps. The service was slow and inattentive, and the server failed to inform us of the evening's specials. My wife ordered the pasta Bolognese dish and asked for it to be served without much sauce. It was served swimming in sauce. The proscuitto and melon appetizer was inadequate: the melon was not ripe and the balsamic vinegar covered everything on the plate. We did not stay for desert.
- Good Italian, good prices.HungryMan18Dined on 5/10/2014Very good food, with lower than expected prices. Waitstaff was not good. A waitress told us the 3 window tables were all reserved, only to give 2 of them away to walk ins while we were still there! Very nice atmospere and interior design. We'll go again, but maybe request a veteran waiter/waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Yannalfo's reviews archive.
- Neighborhood gemLinnyDined on 4/30/2014Great to find a pleasant Italian restaurant in our neighborhood with very interesting menu choicesSpecial Features:
- Came up shortAlexDined on 4/18/2014I loved our drinks but I got the veal Marsala and the veal was very chewy and I didn't like the fake canned mushrooms. For the amount we spent the quality was just not there. Unfortunately I will not be back..
- The food was freshly preparedDStaceyDined on 4/13/2014The food was freshly prepared and served hot. There was nothing wrong with the food, but it was a bit bland. We had a very enjoyable evening, our waitress was very nice but a bit overtaxed as she was the only waitress working. We felt the bar tab was a bit expensive - my husband got one beer and it was $10! He was happy he didn't order a second one.