Yankee Pier Lafayette
3593 Mount Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Yankee Pier Lafayette
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yankeepier-lafayette.com/
- Phone: (925) 283-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike Dunn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us for a clam bake or shore dinner event at your home or office.
A word from Yankee Pier Lafayette
Yankee Pier, a bustling and vibrant seafood house, offers chef Michael Dunn's ocean-fresh seafood "fresh from coast to coast". Local seafood, sourced in accord with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program, which promotes sustainable practices that are healthy for ocean wildlife and the environment, is presented with a nod toward New England. Live Maine lobsters, fresh-shucked oysters, an array of grilled fresh fish, and beer-battered full belly clams are some of the offerings, along with local produce, house-made desserts, a selection of all-American wines and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Yankee Pier Lafayette - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Yankee Pier Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)great for lunch (67)great for outdoor dining (59)fit for foodies (50)special occasion (44)good for groups (33)kid-friendly (27)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (12)hot spot (9)romantic (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Seafood plusNotaditzVIPDined on 11/21/2014They do have alternatives (the burger is good) but you really want to go here for the seafood - which is always excellent. There is a nice outside dining area if the weather is clement. Kids have a reasonable menu that goes beyond Mac and cheese, and there are plenty of vegetable sides they can get as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backDsander48VIPDined on 11/18/2014This is our second visit to Yankee Pier. I don't think it is outstanding as far as the food is concerned but it is fine. We tend to stop there on our way to a class. The fish is good but wish their choices of sides were better. Not my favorite place to go but it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueeatsDined on 11/16/2014Yankee Pier is the only place around here I go for lobster. When we visited recently on a Sunday evening, I was disappointed that it was not on the menu. I understand the reason why - to insure that the lobster is fresh, they had not kept it over. Instead I had a lobster roll, which was good, but not really good value at $23 and accompanied only by some potato chips and a small cup of coleslaw. Also, the brioche hot dog roll, while good, was a little too oily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yankee Pier Lafayettejoy2dineVIPDined on 11/11/2014Dining here is always a treat. The service was impeccable this time, and that was very comforting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YankeePierOpenTablePDined on 11/7/2014Good fish, good sides (decent portions). Not a bargain, but not ridiculous either. Will compare with Walnut Creek Yacht Club.
- A delightful gluten free lunchnorakozVIPDined on 11/7/2014We stopped at the Yankee Pier in Lafayette after leaving Oakland Airport on our way north. It was past lunchtime and we were very hungry but I had to be cautious since I am severely gluten intolerant. We got a table outside on the very pleasant patio so we could enjoy the warm sunny weather (coming from rainy Seattle). Our server--sadly I don't remember her name--was friendly, helpful and very concerned to make sure I ate a safe meal. The shrimp and rice I had was delicious and my husband enjoyed his seafood salad as well. I had no problems with gluten (unlike the Mexican restaurant I ate at 2 days later that put pasta in their black beans and informed me it was gluten free). All in all, Yankee Pier gave us a very good dining experience and I will definitely stop there again when visiting our friends in NorCal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting more...FoodandFriendsDined on 11/5/2014The food was just okay, the service was poor and the staff (manager included) appeared uninterested in customer service that night. The energy was low and not what I've experienced in the past. I was disappointed that my two friends first experience was this bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The service was exceptional. The food was wonderful. I had the Captain's Platter, fresh seafood makes the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamboDined on 11/1/2014Excellent lobster, tasty fish, scrumptious sides! The best lemon pie around town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PixieVIPDined on 11/1/2014I always like YP. Everyone in our party had grilled salmon. I had grilled Sole and I wished I'd had them bake it. Its usually a favorite of mine. And I was not as crazy about the side choices this time. Not enough green vegetable choices. Just wasn't good this time to me. Would still go back.Special Features:
- Lively spot for lunchrshorensVIPDined on 10/31/2014On the first cold, rainy day this fall, we went to Yankee Pier for lunch. The restaurant was warm and bustling. We had Ceasar salad, clam chowder, and grilled rockfish sandwich, which were all delicious. The menu had great variety and we would like to return for dinner. Excellent bread. We felt very comfortable bringing our 3 year old granddaughter, who busied herself with complimentary crayons and coloring placemat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and WildLiveToDineVIPDined on 10/28/2014My first time at this restaurant. Like that they have daily specials that include fresh and wild seafood cooked the way you want. I had the salmon grilled and it was good. Server was very nice and accommodating. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- DisappointingHappyCamperVIPDined on 10/27/2014For the past three or four years, we have been regular monthly patrons of Yankee Pier in Lafayette. We've appreciated the consistency and quality of the food -- with one of us ordering scattershot off the menu, while the other of us (a creature of habit) orders her usual favorite (Scampi) on most visits. Though our orders (and ordering styles) differ, we were both disappointed with the recently recipe revisions at Yankee Pier. Shrimp heads in the Scampi may serve as an attestation to freshness, but they are visually unappealing (to put the kindest construction on it.) The Clam Chowder has likewise gone from being rich and creamy to 'thin' at best. Prices have gone up, and it just doesn't feel like "comfort food" anymore. Bummed ....
- Guilt-free Fish for DinnerPatspawsVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food reliably good, but the real draw for me is the fact that they subscribe to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood watch guidelines. So, when I order the Pacific swordfish, as I did the other night, I can be assured that my dinner isn't contributing to the eventual extinction of a species or loaded with mercury. It's a big ocean, but we still have to be responsible stewards.
- Lunch very priceySFFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014I would go there when I had lots of money. They're prices are like SF but with out the big town ambiance.
- ConsistentAllaboutfoodDined on 10/23/2014Our go to restaurant for very good food. Always consistent, never have a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatgreatVIPDined on 10/23/2014very good food and service excellent shrimp salad, excellent server, very attentiveSpecial Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014As always, Yankee Pier was exceptional. This month is Mushroom Month, and the cream of mushroom soup was excellent. Fish is always the best. We love Yankee PierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodPHcoupleVIPDined on 10/10/2014We took our grandchildren to Yankee Pier again the other night. Gracious, attentive service from both the manager and our waiter, who's been there a long time. Food was excellent, well prepared, fresh. I had 3 oysters - delicious, beautifully presented.Special Features:
- bpbwVIPDined on 10/9/2014We dine here a lot because the food and service are consistently good!Special Features:
- nanaDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy our visits to Yankee Pier -- Have never been disappointed in the food or service.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experiencetmssquaredDined on 10/5/2014If you want fish but want something exceptional then the Yankee Pier is the place. The menu is always interesting and varied. In addition to the fish they have wonderful side dishes. The polenta is wonderful; the brussel sprouts in season are to die for; the soups are wonderful. This time we had the gazpacho, it was a hot day out so very appropriate. The gazpacho was perfect with a variety of tomatoes and just a slight tang to the flavor. The sole grilled was wonderful never fishy and cooked perfectly. We always have a wonderful time when we visit Yankee Pier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EileenthequeenEileenthequeenDined on 10/5/2014Yankee Pier is a great restaurant. It was a birthday celebration for a 97 year-old lovely lady. She really enjoyed herself. Our table are as just perfect. The food is really good and our server was very attentive. I'm definitely going to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely WonderfulCarmDined on 10/4/2014My husband & I took our family to celebrate our daughter for family weekend at college. We had fantastic service, the food was phenomenal, we love seafood & the ambiance was perfect. The whole experience was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatFatherO4Dined on 10/1/2014The oysters are always good (though a bit pricey). The scallops are always heavenly, best I've ever had. Service was very good, as always, though we did have to wait a bit for bread and water (they may have been breaking in a new bus boy) which is the only reason I have service only 4 stars. Nice that you can get a 1/2 bottle of wine with just about their entire wine list!Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 9/30/2014We were at Yankee Pier on the last day of the heirloom tomato festival. Our waitress Amber recommended the BBQ salmon with heirloom tomatoes, spinach and crispy onion rings. It was an excellent choice. We also shared the blackened shrimp tacos. Those were OK but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Definitely a favoriteDiningOut4FunDined on 9/29/2014Brought guests from out of the country and YP knocked it out of the park again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/28/2014We go back to Yankee Pier - Lafayette again and again. The menu is interesting, varied and delicious! The ambience is festive and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourCT46VIPDined on 9/26/2014I love their happy hour. I've been going regularly for over a year. I have a couple margaritas and the clams/mussels from the Happy Hour menu (3-5pm). Very good and only $5 each. Julie is a great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open late in LafayetteluvlafayetteVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food is AVERRAGE. But for $12.50 for calamary & $11 Clam Chowder appetizer soup I thought the place would be better than a Fast food chain...its not. But, it is open late. Servers were nice.Special Features:
- Lobster roll not greatRoseVIPDined on 9/13/2014I feel this place is a bit expensive and used to be a lot better. The clams were chewy and the lobster roll had no taste. I was so disappointed and so were the people I were with. I will try this place one more time and just hope it was a bad night.Special Features:
- I think I'm just not a big BO fanThrillhouseDined on 9/12/2014I've been to several of Bradley Ogden's restaurants. I know he's pretty critically acclaimed but I realize I just am not a big fan of his dishes and repertoire. I've been to Lark Creek Steak in SF, Lark Creek in WC, Parcel 104 and now Yankee Pier and aside from Lark Creek Steak, I haven't enjoyed any of my meals at any of the aforementioned restaurants. At Yankee Pier, it felt like they were going for the New England vibe and they did a good job, it feels like Legal Sea Foods in Boston. But the vibe and ambience is where the comparisons stop. The pasta dish I ordered was bland and really needed quite a bit of salt to even make it palpable. My friends Lobster roll was extremely skimpy with the lobster. The fish in the fish and chips was dry.Special Features:
- Great for a special family dinnerjustareviewDined on 9/6/2014We had a fabulous birthday dinner here with grandma and our thread kids. The menu is incredible. Lots of favorites done with care and great quality. The seafood is fresh and has amazing flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience!HeadduckDined on 9/3/2014The food was amazing. It was a great dining experience and the Petrale Sole was the best ever. Our server was very professional, helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerLLLLDined on 8/30/2014Was looking for great food that wasn't too loud - We had a wonderful evening - Food was great!Special Features:
- AbbyVIPDined on 8/24/2014I love the shrimp tacos at Yankee Pier and all the fish I eat there. Simply delicious.Special Features:
- kernmdVIPDined on 8/22/2014not good no sense of caring. staff training not much.wish there another seafood place nearby.
- This is our go-to placesandyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Reliably ready for us to drop in or meet friends for a snack or full dinner! Best seafood in the county!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMsTice4713Dined on 8/20/2014Had an out of town guest. We always rave about the food and she agreed 100%. Great wait staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding Seafood!MickyandMelanieDined on 8/18/2014We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and it could not have been a more perfect evening! From the outstanding clam chowder, to the wild salmon and huge lobster..to the frozen soufflé for dessert... The buttery TestaRosa Chardonnay was not too shabby either! Our server Peggy and the manager were very attentive but not over bearing...all in all I can't wait to return!!Special Features: