Yankee Pier Lafayette
3593 Mount Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Yankee Pier Lafayette
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yankeepier-lafayette.com/
- Phone: (925) 283-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike Dunn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us for a clam bake or shore dinner event at your home or office.
A word from Yankee Pier Lafayette
Yankee Pier, a bustling and vibrant seafood house, offers chef Michael Dunn's ocean-fresh seafood "fresh from coast to coast". Local seafood, sourced in accord with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program, which promotes sustainable practices that are healthy for ocean wildlife and the environment, is presented with a nod toward New England. Live Maine lobsters, fresh-shucked oysters, an array of grilled fresh fish, and beer-battered full belly clams are some of the offerings, along with local produce, house-made desserts, a selection of all-American wines and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Yankee Pier Lafayette - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Yankee Pier Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)great for lunch (65)great for outdoor dining (64)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (44)good for groups (36)kid-friendly (29)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (15)hot spot (11)romantic (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nov2013Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Yankee Pier several times and enjoyed the choices, preparation, and staff each time. This time we took guests from out of the state. We sat outside for the first time. The setting was excellent as the sun [early evening] was blocked by the adjacent buildings, and light breeze made the setting delightful. Our wait staff was congenial and attentive, but not overly-so. The selected menu choices were each prepared so that each was memorable....excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very pleasant atmosphere. Attentive service. Good mix of patrons. Food was well prepared and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Awesome soft shell crab!luvfishDined on 8/8/2014We went last week and got a last minute reservation for 2. We got there early, were sat right away, and enjoyed exceptional service and outstanding cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bithday DisappointmentLocalsDined on 8/8/2014We were seated in the outdoor patio....at a great table. We were welcomed in a friendly manner. We were a party of 5 celebrating a birthday. Service was relaxed. However, the food was marginal. The fish/chips were just okay, french fries were cold, cole slaw was soggy. The blackened fish was like shoe leather....obviously overcooked. Rockfish sandwiches were good and guests were happy with their choices. We had brought cupcakes to celebrate and were told that there was a $15.00 "cake charge". Stunned, we did not make a fuss. (Lark Creek Inn was very gracious when we had cupcakes several months ago.....same parent company, inconsistant policies). This type of extra charge is unreasonable and excessive. I will not be back.Special Features:
- always reliablefarmgirlDined on 8/2/2014I had the salmon sandwich with a glass of rose from the special salmon and rose menu. Both were excellent and so good together.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodEBFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant has wonderfully prepared seafood. There is a huge variety of seafood and non-seafood items, all prepared very well; excellent place to go with children. Really good selection of side dishes to select from. The service is excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1460 reviews are from the Yankee Pier Lafayette reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2014We were so satisfied that we will go back next week.Special Features:
- Not to be forgotten!rluv4foodVIPDined on 7/20/2014this restaurant never fails us. we were particularly looking to see if soft shell crab was in; I just needed to call and they said "it was" : one of our favorites. a great place any day or night!!Special Features:
- Attractive seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014The mussels in a tasty broth were very good. The ceviche was good as were the fish tacos. The butterscotch pudding was the best we've ever had. The oudoor dining area was attractive an pleasant. Our waitress was very attentive and personal. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BondVIPDined on 7/18/2014I always come out feeling that it costs too much for what you get.
- I think of Yankee Pier for Seafoodluvflavor2Dined on 7/17/2014I think of Yankee Pier when I think of seafood and am always delighted with the choices available. The choices are authentic, yet current in flavor. Thank you! for your attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for four.DinerDined on 7/16/2014Great fish, service, and half price vine but high back ground noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will love this place.HorsePowerDined on 7/15/2014If there were more stars to give Yankee Pier, I'd do it. This is a perfect restaurant. Everyone who works there treats you like friends and family. Service is impeccable. The food is superb. The drinks are creative and delicious. The nautical-theme decor (including charts on the table tops) is fun and entertaining. My friend and I had dinner there a couple of nights ago; we go there whenever she's in town, usually two-three times a year. Our server was Sean, and he was exceptional: seamlessly friendly, efficient, and helpful. The fish & chips is one of their signature dishes, and it's the best you'll ever taste. I had the bay scallops this time, and they were fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a Great ChoiceTravelgurudanvilleVIPDined on 7/12/2014With so many options, it's always a hard choice as to where to catch up with a friend over lunch. Yankee Pier always meets my requirements. Great seafood choices, notice level conducive to having a conversation without straining to hear, great service, fair pricing, and no rushing us to leave after we finish. A winner every time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucation - lunch vacationMy2centsDined on 7/11/2014The service was fantastic with good recommendations when requested. I was greeted by a friendly host who seated me quickly. Lunch felt like a little vacation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Good choices on menu--variety of choice, not just seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2014When the weather is nice - outdoor dining is great! And half off wine in July is a treat!
- UnfriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/4/2014We have dined here on a number of occasions and have concluded the hostess caters to certain patrons. Each visit, when there have been many seating options, the hostess has tried to seat us adjacent to the service areas or with the "lively" young family. We aren't sure of her reasoning, but due to the lack of a pleasant hello and consideration for everyone's dining experience, we'll be looking for a new seafood option.
- Excellent!BonbonDined on 6/29/2014Yankee Pier was outstanding! I'm disappointed with Open Table because I made a 1,000 points reservation and was awarded 100. I would like a refund of points.Special Features:
- BostongalDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten at YP many times and have never been disappointed. The food and service are always excellent. As a New Englander, we love the lobster rolls and clams.Special Features:
- Great spot!PaddyVIPDined on 6/26/2014We've eaten at Yankee Pier several times and it seems to get better every time. Great food and excellent service in a casual but elegant setting.Special Features:
- KandKDined on 6/26/2014Though we were running late due to traffic accident causing backup that day, hostess was very welcoming and accommodating. Server likewise was friendly and made our meal enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingClarkieDined on 6/24/2014We love coming to the Yankee Pier because their seafood is ALWAYS fresh and well prepared. Their raw bar is fantastic...we loved their Kumamoto And Fanny Bay oysters. My sole was fresh, tasty and simply prepared with a great sauce on the side...our friends had the fish Tacos and ate every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayYellowroseVIPDined on 6/23/2014Not much that was outstanding and expensive for what you get.
- Looking for great foodTessaV5662Dined on 6/22/2014We dinned here for our 29th, reception, service and food was all great.If you are loojing for delicious seea food this is the right place. Thank you alk for making our day special!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnercatgetsdownDined on 6/15/2014We love going to Yankee Pier - it is a local's favorite. The food is always good, seems lively and vibrant, service is friendly and unassuming. Love the non-alcoholic drinks - very creative - but they also have a great beer and wine list. Oysters are outstanding! While we are cautious about where we have raw oysters, Yankee Pier's oysters are fresh and have incredible flavor.Special Features:
- DianaDined on 6/14/2014Food was very good but somewhat noisy. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Average is about as good as this place gets. Food was either satisfactory or less. I have had lunch there and it was ok but not dinner and not on a holiday.Special Features:
- Great fresh seafoodCASommDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy Yakee Pier as the seafood is always so fresh & well prepared. There is a nice main cours selection but not so much so it takes forever to choose. The sides are varied and delicious. The wine list is lovely, varied and balanced. Our server Sean was excellent & so attentive but not annoyingly so. Go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Our waiter was John and he was terrific. Funny, personable and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewVicsDined on 6/14/2014Great fish, French fries and love the sautéed spinach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- splendid family dinner celebration4thefoodiegirlDined on 6/13/2014We have made Yankee Pier an annual birthday destination for several of our family members. Always great oysters, seafood, service and dinner options. We always experience a memorable occasion and can't wait for more. Ingredients are fresh, preparation is outstanding, and service is always top notch. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudoldfolksDined on 6/11/2014Food and service very good. Noise level excessive. Impossible to converse comfortably. Complained and manager offered to move us to another area, noise level not much lower.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerTravelerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great service, excellent fish. Good casual spot.nice place for dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Food was mixeddjshaferVIPDined on 5/29/2014We had a party of five and three out of four did not have a good experience. Two got the same thing and both were disappointed - the blackened rockfish tacos. They were very dry and not enough sauce to counter the dryness. The third that was disappointed had the clams and linguine. She said it just didn't have very much flavor. The other two had oven roasted rockfish with the lemon caper sauce and both were very good, although one was noticeably larger than the other one which didn't seem fair (so an inconsistency issue). The side dishes (spinach and grilled asparagus) were very good. Desserts were good.
- Way too many errors for this price!EastBayDinerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We have been here many times before, and while it is never perfect, things seem to be getting worse. $220 for a family of four with so many errors and over 3 hours means we won't be back. We had a 6pm reservation on a Sunday and still had to wait 20 min. Our oysters came in two parts - some right away and the rest 20 min later? Server explained they were delayed by a large dessert order? What? Then my daughter's sprite took 35 min to come. Really? I could have walked behind the bar and poured it myself! Two of our orders were the exact same, yet my sides were wrong. When I requested the whipped potatoes I ordered, they brought those separate then proceeded to charge me extra for them on the bill! It was very disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2014We have been here many times and enjoy the wonderful, friendly and very warm service we always receive. They always acknowledge our special requests and accomodate them. The food is delicious and the variety and number of side dishes offered is unmatched by other restaurants we've been to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid standbymoragamunchersVIPDined on 5/12/2014Always enjoy our meal here. Wonderful fish, reasonable price, great service.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 5/11/2014Certain menu items were reasonable, and they had a good selection for Mother's Day Brunch. However, I had hoped to have some good fresh fish, but found the prices way too expensive. I don't think I will frequent this restaurant anytime soon.Special Features:
- Average and PriceyGypsyGirl966Dined on 5/10/2014I know this is a seafood house but at least one vegetarian entree would be nice. Bring back the pumpkin raviolis. Tomato soup was fantastic but the seasonal veggie plates were ordinary. Spouse had the halibut which was overpriced at $32 for such a small piece. Not our first choice in Lafayette.Special Features: