Yankee Pier Lafayette
3593 Mount Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Yankee Pier Lafayette
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yankeepier-lafayette.com/
- Phone: 9252834100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike Dunn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us for a clam bake or shore dinner event at your home or office.
A word from Yankee Pier Lafayette
Yankee Pier, a bustling and vibrant seafood house, offers chef Michael Dunn's ocean-fresh seafood "fresh from coast to coast". Local seafood, sourced in accord with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program, which promotes sustainable practices that are healthy for ocean wildlife and the environment, is presented with a nod toward New England. Live Maine lobsters, fresh-shucked oysters, an array of grilled fresh fish, and beer-battered full belly clams are some of the offerings, along with local produce, house-made desserts, a selection of all-American wines and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Yankee Pier Lafayette - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Yankee Pier Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (112)great for outdoor dining (90)great for lunch (75)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (56)kid-friendly (38)great for brunch (35)good for groups (33)notable wine list (24)romantic (11)hot spot (10)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- AbbyVIPDined on 8/24/2014I love the shrimp tacos at Yankee Pier and all the fish I eat there. Simply delicious.Special Features:
- kernmdVIPDined on 8/22/2014not good no sense of caring. staff training not much.wish there another seafood place nearby.
- This is our go-to placesandyDined on 8/20/2014Reliably ready for us to drop in or meet friends for a snack or full dinner! Best seafood in the county!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMsTice4713Dined on 8/20/2014Had an out of town guest. We always rave about the food and she agreed 100%. Great wait staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding Seafood!MickyandMelanieDined on 8/18/2014We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and it could not have been a more perfect evening! From the outstanding clam chowder, to the wild salmon and huge lobster..to the frozen soufflé for dessert... The buttery TestaRosa Chardonnay was not too shabby either! Our server Peggy and the manager were very attentive but not over bearing...all in all I can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Good Lunch SpotMEdiningVIPDined on 8/18/2014Enjoyable luncheon dining with excellent service. Prompt, friendly and efficient, yet no rush if you wish to linger. Excellent coho salmon!Special Features:
- Our go to place in LafayettednimuraDined on 8/16/2014This is our go to place in Lafayette. Always fresh seafood, perfectly prepared with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov2013Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Yankee Pier several times and enjoyed the choices, preparation, and staff each time. This time we took guests from out of the state. We sat outside for the first time. The setting was excellent as the sun [early evening] was blocked by the adjacent buildings, and light breeze made the setting delightful. Our wait staff was congenial and attentive, but not overly-so. The selected menu choices were each prepared so that each was memorable....excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very pleasant atmosphere. Attentive service. Good mix of patrons. Food was well prepared and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Awesome soft shell crab!luvfishDined on 8/8/2014We went last week and got a last minute reservation for 2. We got there early, were sat right away, and enjoyed exceptional service and outstanding cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bithday DisappointmentLocalsDined on 8/8/2014We were seated in the outdoor patio....at a great table. We were welcomed in a friendly manner. We were a party of 5 celebrating a birthday. Service was relaxed. However, the food was marginal. The fish/chips were just okay, french fries were cold, cole slaw was soggy. The blackened fish was like shoe leather....obviously overcooked. Rockfish sandwiches were good and guests were happy with their choices. We had brought cupcakes to celebrate and were told that there was a $15.00 "cake charge". Stunned, we did not make a fuss. (Lark Creek Inn was very gracious when we had cupcakes several months ago.....same parent company, inconsistant policies). This type of extra charge is unreasonable and excessive. I will not be back.Special Features:
- always reliablefarmgirlDined on 8/2/2014I had the salmon sandwich with a glass of rose from the special salmon and rose menu. Both were excellent and so good together.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodEBFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant has wonderfully prepared seafood. There is a huge variety of seafood and non-seafood items, all prepared very well; excellent place to go with children. Really good selection of side dishes to select from. The service is excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2014We were so satisfied that we will go back next week.Special Features:
- Not to be forgotten!rluv4foodVIPDined on 7/20/2014this restaurant never fails us. we were particularly looking to see if soft shell crab was in; I just needed to call and they said "it was" : one of our favorites. a great place any day or night!!Special Features:
- Attractive seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014The mussels in a tasty broth were very good. The ceviche was good as were the fish tacos. The butterscotch pudding was the best we've ever had. The oudoor dining area was attractive an pleasant. Our waitress was very attentive and personal. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think of Yankee Pier for Seafoodluvflavor2Dined on 7/17/2014I think of Yankee Pier when I think of seafood and am always delighted with the choices available. The choices are authentic, yet current in flavor. Thank you! for your attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for four.DinerDined on 7/16/2014Great fish, service, and half price vine but high back ground noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will love this place.HorsePowerDined on 7/15/2014If there were more stars to give Yankee Pier, I'd do it. This is a perfect restaurant. Everyone who works there treats you like friends and family. Service is impeccable. The food is superb. The drinks are creative and delicious. The nautical-theme decor (including charts on the table tops) is fun and entertaining. My friend and I had dinner there a couple of nights ago; we go there whenever she's in town, usually two-three times a year. Our server was Sean, and he was exceptional: seamlessly friendly, efficient, and helpful. The fish & chips is one of their signature dishes, and it's the best you'll ever taste. I had the bay scallops this time, and they were fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a Great ChoiceTravelgurudanvilleVIPDined on 7/12/2014With so many options, it's always a hard choice as to where to catch up with a friend over lunch. Yankee Pier always meets my requirements. Great seafood choices, notice level conducive to having a conversation without straining to hear, great service, fair pricing, and no rushing us to leave after we finish. A winner every time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucation - lunch vacationMy2centsDined on 7/11/2014The service was fantastic with good recommendations when requested. I was greeted by a friendly host who seated me quickly. Lunch felt like a little vacation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Good choices on menu--variety of choice, not just seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2014When the weather is nice - outdoor dining is great! And half off wine in July is a treat!
- UnfriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/4/2014We have dined here on a number of occasions and have concluded the hostess caters to certain patrons. Each visit, when there have been many seating options, the hostess has tried to seat us adjacent to the service areas or with the "lively" young family. We aren't sure of her reasoning, but due to the lack of a pleasant hello and consideration for everyone's dining experience, we'll be looking for a new seafood option.
- Excellent!BonbonDined on 6/29/2014Yankee Pier was outstanding! I'm disappointed with Open Table because I made a 1,000 points reservation and was awarded 100. I would like a refund of points.Special Features:
- BostongalDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten at YP many times and have never been disappointed. The food and service are always excellent. As a New Englander, we love the lobster rolls and clams.Special Features:
- Great spot!PaddyVIPDined on 6/26/2014We've eaten at Yankee Pier several times and it seems to get better every time. Great food and excellent service in a casual but elegant setting.Special Features:
- KandKDined on 6/26/2014Though we were running late due to traffic accident causing backup that day, hostess was very welcoming and accommodating. Server likewise was friendly and made our meal enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingClarkieDined on 6/24/2014We love coming to the Yankee Pier because their seafood is ALWAYS fresh and well prepared. Their raw bar is fantastic...we loved their Kumamoto And Fanny Bay oysters. My sole was fresh, tasty and simply prepared with a great sauce on the side...our friends had the fish Tacos and ate every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayYellowroseVIPDined on 6/23/2014Not much that was outstanding and expensive for what you get.
- Looking for great foodTessaV5662Dined on 6/22/2014We dinned here for our 29th, reception, service and food was all great.If you are loojing for delicious seea food this is the right place. Thank you alk for making our day special!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnercatgetsdownDined on 6/15/2014We love going to Yankee Pier - it is a local's favorite. The food is always good, seems lively and vibrant, service is friendly and unassuming. Love the non-alcoholic drinks - very creative - but they also have a great beer and wine list. Oysters are outstanding! While we are cautious about where we have raw oysters, Yankee Pier's oysters are fresh and have incredible flavor.Special Features:
- DianaDined on 6/14/2014Food was very good but somewhat noisy. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Average is about as good as this place gets. Food was either satisfactory or less. I have had lunch there and it was ok but not dinner and not on a holiday.Special Features:
- Great fresh seafoodCASommDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy Yakee Pier as the seafood is always so fresh & well prepared. There is a nice main cours selection but not so much so it takes forever to choose. The sides are varied and delicious. The wine list is lovely, varied and balanced. Our server Sean was excellent & so attentive but not annoyingly so. Go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Our waiter was John and he was terrific. Funny, personable and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewVicsDined on 6/14/2014Great fish, French fries and love the sautéed spinach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- splendid family dinner celebration4thefoodiegirlDined on 6/13/2014We have made Yankee Pier an annual birthday destination for several of our family members. Always great oysters, seafood, service and dinner options. We always experience a memorable occasion and can't wait for more. Ingredients are fresh, preparation is outstanding, and service is always top notch. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudoldfolksDined on 6/11/2014Food and service very good. Noise level excessive. Impossible to converse comfortably. Complained and manager offered to move us to another area, noise level not much lower.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerTravelerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great service, excellent fish. Good casual spot.nice place for dinner with friends.Special Features: