1999 North Sycamore Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90068Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yamashirohollywood.com/
- Phone: (323) 466-5125
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Sunday- Thursday 5:30pm-9:30pm
5pm until close
Full Lounge Menu:
Sunday- Thursday 5:00pm 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm 10:30pm
Sunday- Thursday until 10:30pm
Friday and Saturday until 11:30pm
2014 Yamashiro Farmers Market:
May 22nd to September 4th
Thursdays, 5pm until 9pm
Weather permitting May to September
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 5pm until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Brock Kleweno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Sales & Marketing at ext. 222 or email JohnB@YamashiroHollywood.com for more information regarding private events, weddings, or filmings.
- Entertainment: YAMASHIRO FARMERS MARKET: Outdoor Farmers Market every THURSDAY NIGHT, MAY 22nd through SEPTEMBER 4th from 5PM to 9PM. Come enjoy our landmark location while shopping for the best local and organic produce. Stay and have a drink at our outdoor Pagoda Bar, while listening to live music. And don't miss Chef Brock's cuisine from the Farmers Market Grill. See website for more details.
- Special Events: YAMASHIRO Farmers Market, every Thursday night (5 to 9pm) from May 22nd through September 4th. Sample chef Brock's newest culinary creations and several fantastic wines, all while enjoying our breathtaking view!
Dine & Ride Hollywood Bowl Shuttle. Skip stack parking and join YAMASHIRO instead! www.dineandride.com for reservations. Dinner and shuttle reservations must be made through Dine & Ride.
Looking for a hideaway in Hollywood during the Summer? Come to the Pagoda Bar at YAMASHIRO. Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from April through September enjoy cocktails and light fare al fresco next to the oldest structure in California--the Yamashiro Pagoda. The Pagoda Bar is the best kept secret in town. Start the night off with a sunset cocktail overlooking Los Angeles from atop the Hollywood Hills!
- Cross Street: Franklin Avenue
- Public Transit: Metro Red Line to Hollywood & Highland. Walk west down Hollywood Blvd turn right on Orange and cross at the light on Franklin. Once you cross at the light go left and turn right at sycamore going up the hill. It is a very steep hill so walking in dress shoes or in the dark are not recommended. We suggest calling a cab at the bottom of the hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is $8.00 per vehicle.
A word from Yamashiro
Perhaps the most romantic venue in Southern California, Yamashiro’s unique ambiance of historic tranquility and unparalleled views offer guests a place of serenity high above Los Angeles. Executive chef Brock Kleweno leads a dynamic culinary team in creating Asian-inspired Californian fare. From favorites including American wagyu and truffle hamachi to our newest menu items, such as pistachio salmon, guests experience Hollywood in all of its splendor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Yamashiro - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Yamashiro reviews from OpenTable diners
392 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (348)romantic (296)special occasion (276)good for groups (120)fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (107)hot spot (92)great for outdoor dining (60)late-night find (48)vibrant bar scene (28)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)Show More
- the food seem to take a while to be servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014Overall we love eating here. The server was great, the scene was great, the staff was great, love the food but just took a bit long to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014You cannot beat this view and the food was perfect! Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014I had long heard that you don't come to Yamashiro for the food, you come for the view - that is TOTALLLY wrong! The food was fantastic! Yamashiro has been on my list of "gotta go there someday" restaurants for like 10 years and I finally did it, now I'm just mad at myself for not going years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulEmilyJDined on 11/21/2014My family has been visiting this place for years. The views are spectacular and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The views are beautiful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014it was a great experience took some friends from out of town and they loved the food and the gorgeous views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Wait for food was way too long! From appetizer, to main to course, to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Took my wife for her birthday along with some friends. We had drinks and a light dinner because we were heading to the magic castle afterwards. Everyone dish was very tasty. I had the BB ribs with sweet potato mash. I have to say, the ribs were the best I've in recent memory. We only stayed for an 45 minutes definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place !HazelDined on 11/15/2014I will go back any time of the day , everyone was so nice , the food and dessert were so delicious ! It's also a romantic place or a place to eat with you're family either or amazing place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Food is always top notch and the service was excellent. 15 years and still one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking location for a breathtaking mealFerlaDined on 11/14/2014I am a college student from out of town and had family visiting for the weekend. The reviews of Yamashiro were all amazing, so we decided to try it out. I was not let down one bit. Drinks were perfect, not too strong or too sweet, the hostess and server were attentive, and the ambience was the right mixture of classy (not too poised or stuck up). I ordered the wagyu and Himalayan stone dish, which I have not stopped talking about ever since, and would highly suggest it to any meat lover. As an appetizer we ordered crab cakes, which were also remarkable. Overall a great place and the view just adds bonus points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Our close friends and my boyfriend and I all went out to celebrate a birthday. The food was fresh and the drinks were good. The service was ok, all the food came out all staggered. Could have been better but the view is what made it all worth it. The restaurant itself was really beautiful as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was nice with a great view food was good!!!!Comason23Dined on 11/11/2014but not great... Well at least not for the price.. but if you want a romantic evening with a great view and good food (not great) then this place is definetly a good place to visit. Be prepared to valet your car and wait a while for your car too. Just check out the view while you're waiting. B at best from my point of view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese Jem in a Hollywood Potsidneyf213Dined on 11/10/2014I have been there three times now. I am not a variety kind of guy. My fiance' and I have had the same dish over and over again; the Himalayan Salt Plate. Delicious. The place is classy, and romantic. However the noise of the rest of the patrons has increased over the last three times we've been there. But still a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and the good is great!PrincessGemDined on 11/10/2014The location is amazing and the food sooo good! Definitely recommend this place to anyone that loves great food! Sushi is vet fresh and the steak mouthwatering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!YilingDined on 11/9/2014I've been to Yamashiro several times. I like to bring friends from out of town here because it's beautiful. I always try to make reservations (to all restaurants) so we don't have to wait for our party of 7. However, this time I made a reservation at 7:30 because I was worried we would not make it to the 5:30 reservation (the next earlier one) but we ended up arriving at 5:30. The hostess was soo nice and accommodating and we were seated at 6:00. lovely place for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- I'm the last one to complainStanTheSeekerDined on 11/9/2014I have been a faithful patron of Yamashiro since about 1984. I go there when the meal is a celebration or a joyous moment. I do that because the y have never disappointed, until now. Seated at one outdoor table with a broken heat lamp, and then at another with half the table left cold, by then it was clear they were not going to find us a table that was heated despite the chilly November weather. They didn't tell the waiter we were seated and we waited 25 minutes before I called the manager to ask why we had been ignored. It was another hour before the food was delivered, and the Edemame and offer of a free dessert was of little comfort 2 hours later. It was just time to go. Everyone has a bad night, I hope this was a rare case here.
- Anniversary Love BirdsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Yamashiro's was and excellent choice to spend our 28th Anniversary! Every reservation request I made was honored and the service and food did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Great ServicechillVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had a great time here. Services where great waiter on point drink always filledSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for viewluv2dineoutDined on 11/8/2014Food was cols for a $49 steak..we waited a while for ck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeanne from PittsburghJeanneDined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious. So flavorful! The filet and the asian ribs were melt in your mouth perfect. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. The oriental garden inside was a pleasant suprise. And, of course, the view was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect view of L.A.WladinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014We went to Yamashira as a perfect place to take out of town guests to take advantage of a view of the city. It has been years since I have been there and restuarant did not disappoint. Food was fine. We shared several sushi rolls and appeptizers and left stuffed. We sat on outdoor covered patio to take advantage of the view, but inside is beautiful as well. Save time to walk around the outside area.Special Features:
- I am so sold on this placeLarryDined on 11/8/2014I can't wait to go back and try some different thingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to impress? Best view in town!LegallyblondeDined on 11/8/2014We took a group of 8 to celebrate a "big" birthday. She really felt special. From the moment you begin the drive up the hill, you know you are not going to just another restaurant. Then you see it! The amazing views and city lights! Spectacular. The staff are all attentive, friendly and on the ball. The food is very good and nicely presented with many unique offerings. They had a pumpkin brûlée dessert served in a mini pumpkin that was as adorable as it was delicious. The drinks were also very good. The history of the restaurant is a very special part of Hollywood, and I feel whether you live in the area or are just visiting, it is a must visit. I would highly recommend Yamashiro for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J. McCulloughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Have been trying to get my wife to this resturant for years ..finally made it and she loved it! Will be returning whenever we're in L.A. Thank you for making our anniversary memorible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewKet528Dined on 11/7/2014The view in this place is amazing. The food is pretty good. Friendly staff inside the restaurant. The only problem I had with this visit was that when we pulled up to the parking area there was this older man, who rudely told us the restaurant was closed, when I told him that was not possible since I had a reservation he gave me an annoyed look and let us go through. Once we got to the valet area the gentleman that helped us out also asked if we had a reservation (he was polite about it). I guess there was a wedding party and it was a reservation only. Unfortunately, the one guy who was at the bottom of hill that was rude put a little damper on the night, but other than that we had a good time.Special Features:
- Beautiful romatic ViewTrendyDiningDined on 11/7/2014I had my birthday dinner here and the dimly lit table setting set a romantic and intimate ambiance that I loved. The staff was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Must!SantiagoValencia94Dined on 11/6/2014The restaurant's ambiance just sets the perfect tone for romance, with its breath taking architecture and details, the mesmerizing view of LA going from a warm and romantic sunset into a cold and intimate night. The sushi was great! The dessert.... not the best. The waiters and waitress were very friendly and ready to provide suggestions to improve your experience, however, somewhat slow and not very frequent, however I did requested on my reservation privacy, so... Can't complain! :D Overall, if you want to impress your date, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- Totally fell in love ..LovefoodDined on 11/3/2014We were there to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniv. One of my friend suggested this place.very good food, amazing views and fast service..! The only thing i didnt like was my veggie tempura in a roll was too soggy which i always like it crispy..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014I expected more. The place was beautiful, however the service could of been better. The waiter was nice but seemed to only care about a few especific tables. The only person that I felt was attentive to us was the man serving us water. It's a nice place but dont think i will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Yamashiro is always a great restaurant for dinner, romantic dinner or just a night out with friends. Service is nice, food is great and the restaurant has a beautiful view and scenery. I would highly recommend. I really enjoyed my birthday dinner and celebration with my boyfriend. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Special SaturdayLooking4amomentDined on 11/1/2014Coming up from North OC on a Saturday on Halloween wknd and it was well worth the traffic exp...the ambiance was great and that included the lighting. The food was excellent fresh and not too seasoned. All and all my wife and both raved about our dining experience and after 20 years of marriage that was unique😉Special Features:
- robstturDined on 11/1/2014Very good food and service! The views are spectacular. There is not a bad seat in whole place. This was my first time to the restaurant and I will be back real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coolin like a coolahcoolinDined on 11/1/2014great service, delicious food, comfortable ambiance, wonderful view. The greatest thing about this second time around is that the receptionists were able to compromise my request for the terrace (there was a wedding) by providing us a beautiful front side view of LA. this place is definitely part food, part environment and part view!Special Features:
- LunaDined on 11/1/2014Great food, location, service and of course, the view.Special Features:
- Great service and food as usual!NickHDined on 10/30/2014Made a reservation through opentable and all my requests were met about the table and view. I have been here a few times and they always deliver great food and service. Good date night or business dinner location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner and service...RickCVIPDined on 10/28/2014If you are looking for a perfect dining experience, this is your place. From the beautiful building and gardens to the perfect servers and staff we had a terrific dinner. I had the Himalayan salt plate which is a fun experience. And actually one of the few times my steak was cooked the way I like! (Try it, you'll know why I mention that) Honestly, one of the best dining experiences I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great view, and dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Took Maria here, was her 1st time eating here, she a bae, and deserves to eat at places like Yamashiro after a long day. Thanks Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!CHERDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food, Great Service and Great view! Brought guest here from out of town and they were truly amazed!Special Features:
- Just great!soimpressedDined on 10/26/2014Our waiter Brent was wonderful, far better than excellent. The food was great, the view was fantastic. A very romantic setting. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- a great historical place for dinnerLei1968Dined on 10/25/2014amazing view especially in the night and very good fusion food to trySpecial Features: