1999 North Sycamore Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90068Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yamashirohollywood.com/
- Phone: 3234665125x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Sunday- Thursday 5:30pm-9:30pm
5pm until close
Full Lounge Menu:
Sunday- Thursday 5:00pm 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm 10:30pm
Sunday- Thursday until 10:30pm
Friday and Saturday until 11:30pm
2014 Yamashiro Farmers Market:
May 22nd to September 4th
Thursdays, 5pm until 9pm
Weather permitting May to September
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 5pm until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Brock Kleweno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Sales & Marketing at ext. 222 or email JohnB@YamashiroHollywood.com for more information regarding private events, weddings, or filmings.
- Entertainment: YAMASHIRO FARMERS MARKET: Outdoor Farmers Market every THURSDAY NIGHT, MAY 22nd through SEPTEMBER 4th from 5PM to 9PM. Come enjoy our landmark location while shopping for the best local and organic produce. Stay and have a drink at our outdoor Pagoda Bar, while listening to live music. And don't miss Chef Brock's cuisine from the Farmers Market Grill. See website for more details.
- Special Events: YAMASHIRO Farmers Market, every Thursday night (5 to 9pm) from May 22nd through September 4th. Sample chef Brock's newest culinary creations and several fantastic wines, all while enjoying our breathtaking view!
Dine & Ride Hollywood Bowl Shuttle. Skip stack parking and join YAMASHIRO instead! www.dineandride.com for reservations. Dinner and shuttle reservations must be made through Dine & Ride.
Looking for a hideaway in Hollywood during the Summer? Come to the Pagoda Bar at YAMASHIRO. Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from April through September enjoy cocktails and light fare al fresco next to the oldest structure in California--the Yamashiro Pagoda. The Pagoda Bar is the best kept secret in town. Start the night off with a sunset cocktail overlooking Los Angeles from atop the Hollywood Hills!
- Cross Street: Franklin Avenue
- Public Transit: Metro Red Line to Hollywood & Highland. Walk west down Hollywood Blvd turn right on Orange and cross at the light on Franklin. Once you cross at the light go left and turn right at sycamore going up the hill. It is a very steep hill so walking in dress shoes or in the dark are not recommended. We suggest calling a cab at the bottom of the hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is $8.00 per vehicle.
A word from Yamashiro
Perhaps the most romantic venue in Southern California, Yamashiro’s unique ambiance of historic tranquility and unparalleled views offer guests a place of serenity high above Los Angeles. Executive chef Brock Kleweno leads a dynamic culinary team in creating Asian-inspired Californian fare. From favorites including American wagyu and truffle hamachi to our newest menu items, such as pistachio salmon, guests experience Hollywood in all of its splendor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Yamashiro - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Yamashiro reviews from OpenTable diners
406 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (363)special occasion (293)romantic (287)fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (103)good for groups (101)hot spot (89)great for outdoor dining (59)late-night find (52)vibrant bar scene (31)kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (14)Show More
- a real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014i love to come to this place everytime i am in LA and it always overwhelms me again. The food, the ambiance, everything is just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- & then there's the View ...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Kind of a place U rediscover & hope it's still good .... Yes it's still good mostly due to the staff working extra hard & of the View ... mesmerizing .... kSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEH!!!QtncutulyDined on 9/27/2014I took my boyfriend to this place celebrating something special.I made reservations earlier in the week for Saturday night.when we got there we were seated at a very small Corner table right by the entrance. I was informed that they were completely booked and that there was nothing they could do about it. There was plenty of tables that were open. I had made ample timing & did not think that this was fair at all. we were seated in a very crowded side part of the restaurant next to the parking lot w/a tiny table so small that the food we order didn't even fit in our table we had to set my menu on the floor so I could make room for our food . our waiter kept on forgetting about us.l had to keep calling on the bus boys passing by for serviceSpecial Features:
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I fully recomend this place: great views, excellent service, and very good food variety at a great price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi or Beef, it's all good!NomiDined on 9/26/2014Delicious food in a great atmosphere & awesome scenery! *the Salt plate was good, but high over priced for the hype*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GET THE SALMON!sammysweetsDined on 9/26/2014My Boyfriend and I chose to dine here for our 5 year anniversary after my father suggested it because of the view. So we set a reservation and noted we would like a very scenic spot to watch the sun set. We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" and led to the best table, a corner where we both looked out the huge windows to see a beautiful view of LA. The service was amazing, very kind and funny. The salmon miso sauce is the best thing I have ever eaten, and I ordered the steak! I ended up eating most of my BF's meal instead. And the lemon potatoes, yumm! Don't forget about dessert though! They brought us over a "Happy Anniversary brownie" but we had to try the strawberry filled dounuts, AMAZING! Highly recommended, will 100% go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2014Disdain valet parking charges of $8 per vehicle since the exclusive lot was on the property. Charge a bit more for the meal and remove the valet charges. Service was slow! Food interesting. Stick with the traditional Japanese menu versus the other "western" dishes. Note menu is limited. Property has one if not the best view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the starters were to die forfoodieteacherDined on 9/22/2014we just ordered sushi and starter and all the food was scrumptious. We ordered Kurobuta Pork Carnitas twice it was sweet. The ceviche was fresh and delicious, the crab cakes were marvelous!!! Believe me the food was devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet among the noiseVixenpolekatDined on 9/22/2014Excellent spot for a quiet romantic dinner. spectacular view and the food is good.Special Features:
- Historical placeSiroDined on 9/21/2014No other place like it in LA. Treat yourself to this absolutely unique eatery with an atmosphere like none other. The view is wonderful but the inside garden area is enchanting.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!turtletrixlvnDined on 9/20/2014My husband & I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary, we haven't visited the restaurant since we started dating 10yrs ago!!! It's funny how you appreciate the love of food when you get older. Every dish we ordered was absolutely scrumptious!!! Esp our entrees, filet mignon on salt plate & shoyu glazed black cod!!! PERFECTION!!! Service was great & staff always checked on us. We will surely come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yamashiro - fun but not perfectcoloursandstylesDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went to Yamashiro for her birthday. It is situated in a spectacular location with epic scenic views of Hollywood and LA. The building and the gardens are wonderful, and the dining rooms have some of that old Hollywood charm. It is a very large restaurant and it is very popular, so it was really heaving with customers on a Saturday night. This makes it fun and exciting, but for a romantic meal for two sadly there is nowhere to hide from the roar of the crowd. The food was a mixed bag. It was all fine, but it's not the very highest of food invention or quality. The starters were excellent, the sashimi was good (tasty/fresh) but not outstanding, and the black cod was cooked very well, but the dish was overall a bit uninspiring.Special Features:
- Great location!luckyshot13Dined on 9/20/2014I had a great time celebrating my birthday there. Never ceases to amaze me.Special Features:
- A place you must experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Awesome spot to come across! But reservations are definitely necessary. First of all, the valet was great, super polite and took good care of the cars. The wait to get seated was not too bad either, considering this is a popular place to dine at. The waiters were absolutely nice and made us laugh :) And the food stood out for us! It was like bliss in our mouthsSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went to Yamashiro for his birthday celebration the other night. The atmosphere was lovely, the service excellent and the food was very good, too. My only disappointment was that I remembered more fish on the menu. The fish I did have, though, was terrific. I'll try not to let it be such a long time before I go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Beautiful views over Hollywood. Recommend the SteakSpecial Features:
- Great View, Elegant & PleasantDennisDined on 9/18/2014Been wanting to come here. We finally did for my wife's birthday. I wasn't disappointed. Very unique architecture and landscaping. Love the central open air garden. Food was delicious. The sushi was great but not spectacular. Lighting is a bit too dark - would be nice to see the food being served. Overall we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Always Perfect!beaconstreetDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I have dined at Yamashiro about 7 times. In addition to having the indisputably best view in the world, the food is inventive and top notch. It is central to many event venues, and well worth the 2-hour drive we have to get there.Special Features:
- Romantic atmosphere/average cuisineBender44Dined on 9/15/2014The title says it all. With a boost to the food level, this place would be #1. Worth a visit, maybe not a second.Special Features:
- Good AmbiancekyangDined on 9/14/2014This is a good place to go when there is a special event. The garden outside was very pretty. The food was good and the ambiance was very nice. Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRubioGMDined on 9/13/2014Our first time here, loved the food, the services. We will definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- Himalayan Salt Plate with Red WineMichelleBrianDined on 9/13/2014I make an reservation online with a request of the view and my needs we're met! Great Hostess at the front desk on 9/13/14. I waited a short 10 minutes in the bar and had a few cocktails before my table was ready. My waiter who looked like Bruno Mars was very attentive and took the time on a busy night to recommend and describe the meals we ordered with the wines to match! I forgot his name but I tipped him well!!!! The desert was off the hook! Thank you see you very soon, Michelle and BrianSpecial Features:
- DissapointedIRUMBLEDined on 9/13/2014They were extremely busy, slow in service, and the environment was very loud. The front reception seemed overwhelmed to the point where they didn't appear to be warm and welcoming. At the end of the evening we were told twice by someone other than our server, “who disappeared once the check was paid”, that they were closing and we had to move along. At this point we felt very rushed. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone close to me, nor will I probably return.
- Spectacular!newportsoulsurferDined on 9/13/2014Our server Trisha was so knowledgeable and pointed my wife and I to such an incredible meal! From the sushi to the entrees-- everything was phenomenal. I tried a special wagyu steak that was cooked on a slab of Himalayan salt. Such a wonderful surprise! A must try!Special Features:
- So romantic!whiskeybizDined on 9/13/2014Great place for a very special occasion celebration. Asked for view seating through Open Table for my partner's birthday and they accommodated the request, as well as brought the obligatory dessert with a candle for his birthday, without me having to ask the server. Fantastic service, delicious, varied menu, and unbelievable city views! The Moscow Mule in the authentic copper mug was a favorite!Special Features:
- Great food amazing viewMusicmanmbDined on 9/13/2014Overlooks all of LA from the ocean to the city 180 degree unobstructed views. Book in the evening to get there for the great sunset and leave as the city lights dominate the view. Or choose the courtyard with Japanese garden theme... A bit pricey but top notch food with nice sized portions...split the dessert as they are huge and rich. I recommend the strawberry filled dessert doughnuts with cream dip- Amazing...Overall decor could use an refresher but the courtyard is quaint and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJonMDined on 9/13/2014We took a friend with us to celebrate her birthday, so we were hoping for a flawless experience. First mistake, the hostess tried to seat us outside where it was 90 degrees and muggy. We were startled and asked why we couldn't sit inside since there were A LOT of empty tables. She tried giving us some excuses but finally seated us inside. Our food came out at different times. My steak came out more than 5 minutes after everyone else's food arrived. The icing on the cake though was the server delivered the birthday cake we had ordered when part of our party wasn't at the table. They were so bummed they missed the cake presentation. Why couldn't the server just wait? Didn't make any sense to me. Not sure we'll be going back any time soon.Special Features:
- Once a grand old RestaurantSpankyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been coming to Yamashiro for decades. This may have been our last time though. It used to be great food in a beautiful setting. The view is still great! This once wonderful old Japanese restaurant is now just a generic food emporium. The menu now has Southwest American food, Mexican food, as well as Japanese food, in our opinion....none of it was done well. So disappointing for a place that we had enjoyed for so long.
- Excellent momentcla2106Dined on 9/12/2014nous y avons diné pour l'anniversaire de mon épouse et y avons été très bien reçus. Excellent repas, vue panoramique fantastique sur Los Angeles. L'ambiance était relativement bruyante comme tous les restaurants américains. Le dessert avec une bougie pour mon épouse fut très apprécié. si nous le pouvons lors d'un prochain voyage, nous reviendrons dans ce bel établissement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely TimeBinkDined on 9/11/2014Thank you so much for a wonderful dining. It was our 21st wedding anniversary and I am so pleased that we were able to spend it at Yamashiro. The food was amazing. The view is stunning. I can't wait to come back on any occasion.Special Features:
- CampbellDined on 9/9/2014Our waiter was excellent! He was from the country of Georgia, with a great knowledge! Mother & sister were visiting from another state and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100 years of classic perfectionColonelDined on 9/8/2014This Hollywood landmark has been sitting on top of the hill for 100 years, and it still remains one of the finest places to dine, one of the best views in all of Los Angeles, and exquisite food, perfect for large groups or for intimate setting. I ate there about 10 years ago and loved it, and just returned with my wife for our second wedding anniversary. It was even better than I remembered, we had a remarkable night time view of the city, and the service was top-notch. We will definitely return for another romantic occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, but disappointing food4evajDined on 9/7/2014The view from Yamashiro is amazing. Definitely worth a visit to checkout where the 'Memoir of a geisha', however, the food was very disappointing. The NZ lamb shoulder and the lobster were badly over-cooked. The cod fish was a bit tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango HeatLuv2xploreDined on 9/6/2014The Mango Heat cocktail is a delicious surprise. There's a spicy kick that makes you want to have more. The Lobster Risotto was yummy rich and enough for two people to share especially if you have an appetizer. You'll have enough room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Event ScheduleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Make sure you check with the restaurant to see if there are any private events scheduled before you go in, both indoor and outdoor gardens were closed for a private event.Special Features:
- Very niceMine247Dined on 9/6/2014Good food, great location and friendly staff. Aside from the drunk group sitting next to us, it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kellybellyDined on 9/4/2014Yamashiro is one of my top 3 favorite restaurants! I highly recommend it for special occasions. The ambiance and view are fantastic in the evening - can't beat it! And the garden dining room is also beautiful, along with the pagoda bar and garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dateMekagotenDined on 9/3/2014Great view. Great food. Great ambiance. The makings of a great date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentslimfoodieDined on 9/3/2014This place is amazing. The view is spectacular. Every time I am in LA this is a must place for me. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Amazin placeJPanDined on 8/31/2014Must go in LA. Great food and ambience. Sunset time is perfect.Special Features: