1999 North Sycamore Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90068Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yamashirohollywood.com/
- Phone: 3234665125x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Sunday- Thursday 5:30pm-9:30pm
5pm until close
Full Lounge Menu:
Sunday- Thursday 5:00pm 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm 10:30pm
Sunday- Thursday until 10:30pm
Friday and Saturday until 11:30pm
2014 Yamashiro Farmers Market:
May 22nd to September 4th
Thursdays, 5pm until 9pm
Weather permitting May to September
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 5pm until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Brock Kleweno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Sales & Marketing at ext. 222 or email JohnB@YamashiroHollywood.com for more information regarding private events, weddings, or filmings.
- Entertainment: YAMASHIRO FARMERS MARKET: Outdoor Farmers Market every THURSDAY NIGHT, MAY 22nd through SEPTEMBER 4th from 5PM to 9PM. Come enjoy our landmark location while shopping for the best local and organic produce. Stay and have a drink at our outdoor Pagoda Bar, while listening to live music. And don't miss Chef Brock's cuisine from the Farmers Market Grill. See website for more details.
- Special Events: YAMASHIRO Farmers Market, every Thursday night (5 to 9pm) from May 22nd through September 4th. Sample chef Brock's newest culinary creations and several fantastic wines, all while enjoying our breathtaking view!
Dine & Ride Hollywood Bowl Shuttle. Skip stack parking and join YAMASHIRO instead! www.dineandride.com for reservations. Dinner and shuttle reservations must be made through Dine & Ride.
Looking for a hideaway in Hollywood during the Summer? Come to the Pagoda Bar at YAMASHIRO. Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from April through September enjoy cocktails and light fare al fresco next to the oldest structure in California--the Yamashiro Pagoda. The Pagoda Bar is the best kept secret in town. Start the night off with a sunset cocktail overlooking Los Angeles from atop the Hollywood Hills!
- Cross Street: Franklin Avenue
- Public Transit: Metro Red Line to Hollywood & Highland. Walk west down Hollywood Blvd turn right on Orange and cross at the light on Franklin. Once you cross at the light go left and turn right at sycamore going up the hill. It is a very steep hill so walking in dress shoes or in the dark are not recommended. We suggest calling a cab at the bottom of the hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is $8.00 per vehicle.
A word from Yamashiro
Perhaps the most romantic venue in Southern California, Yamashiro’s unique ambiance of historic tranquility and unparalleled views offer guests a place of serenity high above Los Angeles. Executive chef Brock Kleweno leads a dynamic culinary team in creating Asian-inspired Californian fare. From favorites including American wagyu and truffle hamachi to our newest menu items, such as pistachio salmon, guests experience Hollywood in all of its splendor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Yamashiro - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Yamashiro reviews from OpenTable diners
401 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (363)romantic (293)special occasion (289)fit for foodies (111)neighborhood gem (110)good for groups (106)hot spot (84)great for outdoor dining (61)late-night find (48)vibrant bar scene (28)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (14)Show More
- Amazing NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great views, amazing staff, chef worked with my vegetarian wife. The ribs and carnitas were spectacular. Will not wait for next anniversary to visit.Special Features:
- Stunning ViewLarissaDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant had an amazing 180 degree view of the city. The staff was friendly and professional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I have always enjoyed Yamashiros - it is truly the place to go for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- We always have great time.FallNluvagainDined on 10/17/2014Always a fantastic when we go there. Food is excellent and great service is plus for a wonder experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too badtastebuddy1Dined on 10/17/2014great location and restaurant ambiance. Service was slow. Didn't see our waiter once until we asked other waiters to find him for us. The food is just okay. In a town that has a lot of sushi to choose from, I won't choose Yamashiro again.Special Features:
- Loved the restauranyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014First time there, loved food and the excellent customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Spot But...dalfanDined on 10/15/2014Always a great/beautiful spot featuring spectacular views for a Hollywood Legendary spot. Food, drinks were rather good. Minus the wasabi mashed potatoes were greatly lackluster and rather disappointing dry were they lacked any cream, butter, milk or such. Also surprising turned out a lot less busy than expected, used to be and didn't need any reservation and seemed a VERY sleepy spot as of late. Maybe from it being a midweek night? Or kind of fear the prices have increased greatly but portions pretty small and place needing an upgrade. Nice but not as great as I had hoped for a special night planned there! Oh well.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Really amazing view and decor. Loved the view over LA, but the interior view over the garden would have been perfect too. Enjoyed the Himalayan salt plate on a recommendation and it could not have been better. Fabulous presentation, amazing taste. The only drawback was the mountain of potatoes (fries) that was overkill and unremarkable. I would have preferred perhaps a seasonable vegetable. For hors d'oeuvres, the calamari was outstanding! Fantastic service.Special Features:
- Just what you are looking forTsipouraDined on 10/11/2014If you are in LA for the weekend Yamashiro is just what you are looking for. A perfect blend of ambiance, authenticity, vibe...and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worse service ever!SunsetDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful restaurant and good food. However, service was just AWFUL. I was sharing a salad and an entree with my girlfriend. First we got a wrong food so we had to send it back. They brought food for one of us then he didn't bring side of rice he had ordered for at least 15+ minutes. My friend wanted to wait for all of our dinner for him to start so his fresh sashimi was just sitting there for a long time. Then we finally get the rest of our dinner, and my husband's $40 steak was medium rare. My husband only eats well done meat. The waiter never asked how he wanted his steak to be prepared. When the bill came out, there was $36 sushi plate we had never ordered, $16 sashimi salad we had sent back was still on the bill. Buzzare nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Our Anniversary Special!DemianDined on 10/10/2014We came here for our four year wedding anniversary, they gave us a corner table with a great view, complimentary small dessert, and the waiter even suggested a nice romantic spot overlooking the garden to spend a minute before we got our car. The black cod was delicious, chicken was pretty good, but the pork carnitas were the real highlight! If you only get one item here it must be the pork carnitas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic date.RomeDined on 10/10/2014I reserved a table and noted to be seated next to the window or with the view because my girlfriend birthday and her first time. But it seems like theu don't even look for the note or care, they seated us in a bad table even though there plenty of window seats available. In other hand the night was great. My gf like the food and enjoy ambience of the restaurant. The server is superb asking us all the time if we need something. All in all this place is a gem very romantic and will definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and Perfect!ogpebbles78Dined on 10/10/2014I surprised my spouse with dinner here for our anniversary. All I have to say is SPECTACULAR! As soon as we walked in we were treated like royalty. They greeted us with a Happy Anniversary. Made us feel special. The table was set perfectly with the best view of the house in our opinion. The service was EXCELLENT and the food was beyond our expectations. The whole experience was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go for sunsetSheabensDined on 10/10/2014It's a great view of LA. The chocolate martinis were really good. I'd skip the food and go somewhere else for dinner though. I had 3 different sushi rolls and none were good.Special Features:
- Yes! to Yamashiro'sfood4thoughtDined on 10/8/2014Yamashiros of Hollywood is a great restaurant for a scenic dining experience. The view of the city at night is breath-taking and if you can, I recommend asking to eat outside in the garden (beautiful japanese garden with koi fish pond). The staff was very friendly and the food and drinks were delicious! I definitely recommend eating here to any person living or visiting Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Service? Service?notgoingbackDined on 10/8/2014Made reservations for 4, a birthday dinner, arrived early (3 minutes) had to wait, given a corner table for 5 in a corner. Very disappointing..Food was over priced, but I expected that. What I didn't expect was to have such poor management over sight and a valet demanding more than what was posted....Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Chose to go to Yahashiro's for dinner and to propose. Everything turned out perfectly and the sushi and steak was amazing. Will come to eat here again.Special Features:
- Great time, great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I come few time in restaurant but I have different feeling when I came. This is the great place for food and view. I recommend for group meetingSpecial Features:
- Amazing for a datesh4rkDined on 10/1/2014Great place for a date, the service is excellent. The view is stunning, and the ambiance is like nowhere else. However the food, while presented in excellent form, tastes rather bland and unimpressive. Be ready to pay the price for the ambiance not the food. Sushi, of which I tried most of the special rolls was horrendous compared to other much less pricey sushi bars. The only thing that tasted good was the dessert we got after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Romantic in Los AngelesPopStarDined on 9/30/2014Take your dining partner out to enjoy the view after your meal -- it's the most romantic conclusion to a dining experience that you'll find in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..da filmgaetanor6Dined on 9/29/2014Siamo a Hollywood e questo ristorante sembra uscito da un film. Molto carino e vista stupenda su Los Angeles. Cibo molto buono ma sinceramente un po caro. Beh anche la cornice va pagataSpecial Features:
- Excellent scenery and ambianceSBE83Dined on 9/29/2014The food was delicious and the view of LA (downtown to Beverly Hills) is fantastic. Tucked in the hills behind The Magic Castle, Yamashiro is a perfect place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real gemfoodloverDined on 9/28/2014i love to come to this place everytime i am in LA and it always overwhelms me again. The food, the ambiance, everything is just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- & then there's the View ...K8pastaDined on 9/28/2014Kind of a place U rediscover & hope it's still good .... Yes it's still good mostly due to the staff working extra hard & of the View ... mesmerizing .... kSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTrojan1911Dined on 9/27/2014My fiancé & I enjoyed dinner on her 37th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEH!!!QtncutulyDined on 9/27/2014I took my boyfriend to this place celebrating something special.I made reservations earlier in the week for Saturday night.when we got there we were seated at a very small Corner table right by the entrance. I was informed that they were completely booked and that there was nothing they could do about it. There was plenty of tables that were open. I had made ample timing & did not think that this was fair at all. we were seated in a very crowded side part of the restaurant next to the parking lot w/a tiny table so small that the food we order didn't even fit in our table we had to set my menu on the floor so I could make room for our food . our waiter kept on forgetting about us.l had to keep calling on the bus boys passing by for serviceSpecial Features:
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I fully recomend this place: great views, excellent service, and very good food variety at a great price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi or Beef, it's all good!NomiDined on 9/26/2014Delicious food in a great atmosphere & awesome scenery! *the Salt plate was good, but high over priced for the hype*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GET THE SALMON!sammysweetsDined on 9/26/2014My Boyfriend and I chose to dine here for our 5 year anniversary after my father suggested it because of the view. So we set a reservation and noted we would like a very scenic spot to watch the sun set. We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" and led to the best table, a corner where we both looked out the huge windows to see a beautiful view of LA. The service was amazing, very kind and funny. The salmon miso sauce is the best thing I have ever eaten, and I ordered the steak! I ended up eating most of my BF's meal instead. And the lemon potatoes, yumm! Don't forget about dessert though! They brought us over a "Happy Anniversary brownie" but we had to try the strawberry filled dounuts, AMAZING! Highly recommended, will 100% go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2014Disdain valet parking charges of $8 per vehicle since the exclusive lot was on the property. Charge a bit more for the meal and remove the valet charges. Service was slow! Food interesting. Stick with the traditional Japanese menu versus the other "western" dishes. Note menu is limited. Property has one if not the best view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the starters were to die forfoodieteacherDined on 9/22/2014we just ordered sushi and starter and all the food was scrumptious. We ordered Kurobuta Pork Carnitas twice it was sweet. The ceviche was fresh and delicious, the crab cakes were marvelous!!! Believe me the food was devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet among the noiseVixenpolekatDined on 9/22/2014Excellent spot for a quiet romantic dinner. spectacular view and the food is good.Special Features:
- Romanic dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014Great view, appetizers, sushi, dessert, service and overall awesome decor. Valet wasnt bad; 8 bucksSpecial Features:
- Historical placeSiroDined on 9/21/2014No other place like it in LA. Treat yourself to this absolutely unique eatery with an atmosphere like none other. The view is wonderful but the inside garden area is enchanting.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!turtletrixlvnDined on 9/20/2014My husband & I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary, we haven't visited the restaurant since we started dating 10yrs ago!!! It's funny how you appreciate the love of food when you get older. Every dish we ordered was absolutely scrumptious!!! Esp our entrees, filet mignon on salt plate & shoyu glazed black cod!!! PERFECTION!!! Service was great & staff always checked on us. We will surely come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yamashiro - fun but not perfectcoloursandstylesDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went to Yamashiro for her birthday. It is situated in a spectacular location with epic scenic views of Hollywood and LA. The building and the gardens are wonderful, and the dining rooms have some of that old Hollywood charm. It is a very large restaurant and it is very popular, so it was really heaving with customers on a Saturday night. This makes it fun and exciting, but for a romantic meal for two sadly there is nowhere to hide from the roar of the crowd. The food was a mixed bag. It was all fine, but it's not the very highest of food invention or quality. The starters were excellent, the sashimi was good (tasty/fresh) but not outstanding, and the black cod was cooked very well, but the dish was overall a bit uninspiring.Special Features:
- Great location!luckyshot13Dined on 9/20/2014I had a great time celebrating my birthday there. Never ceases to amaze me.Special Features:
- A place you must experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Awesome spot to come across! But reservations are definitely necessary. First of all, the valet was great, super polite and took good care of the cars. The wait to get seated was not too bad either, considering this is a popular place to dine at. The waiters were absolutely nice and made us laugh :) And the food stood out for us! It was like bliss in our mouthsSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went to Yamashiro for his birthday celebration the other night. The atmosphere was lovely, the service excellent and the food was very good, too. My only disappointment was that I remembered more fish on the menu. The fish I did have, though, was terrific. I'll try not to let it be such a long time before I go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Beautiful views over Hollywood. Recommend the SteakSpecial Features: