5411 NE 30th Ave
Portland, OR 51490Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://yakuzalounge.com/
- Phone: 5034500893
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Gaspar de Alba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Everything from small parties to upwards of 100. Call in advance to discuss menu options and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Seats 8-16 people in semi private back dining area adjacent to our patio.
- Private Party Contact: Kyle Lovell 5034500983
Inspired by the Japanese Izakaya concept, Yakuza is a true food-lover's bar, offering exceptional drinks and signature dishes best shared with good friends. Beloved for its classic Kobe Tartar (with jalapeno lime oil + crispy poached egg), Sashimi Trio (tuna, yellowtail + salmon with Thai chili + tobiko) and the award-winning Yakuza Burger (with chevre, shoestring potatoes, house catsup + spicy mayo), Yakuza consistently ups the ante with new favorites like Grilled Octopus or Dungeness Crab Rolls with avocado + crème fraiche. Daily food specials are devised around organic, local ingredients and complement the extensive drink menu of house cocktails, a wide selection of sakes, plus beer and wine. Yakuza is tucked in a beautiful space in the Concordia neighborhood and proudly boasts one of the best outdoor patios in town. Dine and drink with us soon!
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Dependably great Asian fusionjenguinnVIPDined on 9/27/2014We've been here 3 times and the food and drinks are always great. The restaurant is on the dark side but has a nice ambiance. It's been here for a while so it's relatively easy to get a reservation, which is nice when you haven't had time to plan way in advance but still want to get a delicious meal. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, disappointing staffBurgerMaestroDined on 9/26/2014I've been to Yakuza multiple times and every time is a joy. I can't get enough of their food. This evening, however, my girlfriend and I were met with a unexpected wait at the front door with no staff/hostess in sight. The restaurant was not as busy as it usually is. After a minute or so, the hostess came to greet us, but did not seem to be in a good mood. Knowing that we're all only human, I didn't think much of it besides a couple of back and forth comments to my girlfriend about her attitude. Once we were seated, we had fantastic food and good service from our waitress. I'll be back for the food, but I'll lower my expectations on initial hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for the ginger fizzrisinggrDined on 9/20/2014Yakuza is famous for its burgers, which I have yet to try. We love the cucumber avocado salad and the grilled artichoke. My lamb was also very tasty. The spicy roll was spicy. They no longer have the ginger fizz cocktail on the menu but make it for me when I ask. It starts with yazzi--ginger vodka--has a splash of citrus and sparking wine and/or soda. Not sweet. Not too spicy. And kick your butt. My all time favorite drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum-Kuza!trEATS3Dined on 9/17/2014Yakuza always serves up a great meal. The flavors are great - I had the Ribs, YUM! The kale salad is a must every time. The sushi is fresh. Be aware of the heat level. Everything was a bit spicy the other night - the poke, kale salad, & burger all had red pepper on them. So, if spice (or night shades) is an issue for you, ask the server about that ingredient. My husband would have not ordered the burger knowing how much red pepper was on it. Our server was GREAT, food came fast & we had a wonderful time. Note to newbies: food comes out when it's finished, so don't expect to all get your apps and entrees at the same time. I was eating my entree while my husband was eating his appetizer. A little annoying, but just a fact of eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small portions for high pricesJan57VIPDined on 9/12/2014Food is good but does not warrant the incredible prices for tiny servings. The waitress was indifferent. Very unclear about gluten free and did not leave me confident that they really knew. We will pass next timeSpecial Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Great service, great cocktails and great ambiance. The pear and jalapeño sushi roll was amazing and the burger was in the top 3 best burgers I've had in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Food was good..too pricey for the size plate. It was a special occasion and server was efficient but lacked personality. Not fond of the 5 percent added for staff health insurance it w as pricey enough to cover that. Also, how as a customer do I know when you have exceeded that amount and just adding to your profits?Special Features:
- Love YakuzaOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/7/2014We have dined here multiple times although it had been awhile and we were pleased to find that Yakuza still has it. We dined outside and had a lovely evening. Best burger in town!Special Features:
- funkobemacDined on 7/25/2014just a good spot for experimenting with unique combination of flavoursSpecial Features:
- YumquackmeowDined on 7/19/2014Excellent cocktail and sake selection, delicious Japanese inspired dishes, which rotate in and out regularly.Special Features:
- Great Food, But SLOWAt157Dined on 7/18/2014The food was outstanding; we had the burger, salmon sushi, and ramen. All were perfect. Unfortunately, it took over an hour to receive our first dish (sushi! It's raw!) and an hour and a half to receive the rest of our food. There is no excuse for this poor of service. Our server took the sushi off our bill ($9 - the cheapest item and first to come out) but it wasn't enough to make it a good experience. And ours wasn't the only bad one -- the couple next to is had to send back their burgers because they were cold. Swing and a miss. Good food, but only worth it if you go full and have a couple of hours to kill.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We came to eat at Yakuza Lounge on a Friday afternoon because earlier in the day a friend had recommended it. We both liked the environment and ambience of the lounge. I had a cocktail that was creative and delicious. When we reviewed the menu, I realized that there were not many items on it that I could eat since I have a medical condition that means I cannot eat foods that have hot spices. I asked our wait person about possible modifications to some menu items, and she did not respond positively. We were eventually able to get something off the menu that I could eat. However, with the limited menu choices, and this type of response from the server, we would not plan to come again unless it was just for drinks.Special Features:
- Great experience at YakuzacycleskiDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went here on a hot evening and sat outside. The drinks were fantastic (Whiskey No. 2) and my burger was phenomenal. Great spot and I already want to go back on a cooler day for the ramen and ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous flavors and fun placeFood4funDined on 6/29/2014Four of us enjoyed a celebratory evening with a wonderful variety of tastes served with knowledge and a playful mood, on small plates we shared. A memorable evening. Our only complaint is the patio was full and eating outside would have made it perfect.Special Features:
- The following 227 reviews are from the Yakuza Lounge reviews archive.
- Ambiance A+; food very averagespamoiflageDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed sitting on the deck sipping a delicious cocktail waiting for our food. But when the Bibimpa arrived, the evening went downhill. The portion was tiny and the dish it was served in was not the traditional hot stone dish that makes this Korean specialty so delicious. Instead, it was served in a wood bowl. Sounds like I'm being difficult, but since this dish has three ingredients, it's important to get the basics right. Drinks were cheap and cocktails delicious so we ended up having a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/8/2014They were out of several items on the menu... Spicy tuna, hamacci, scallops, mint for drinks, 2 of the four bottle beers +++ Had a burger, which was excellent.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014The food was delicious. The service was slow. Our waitress forgot to put in one of our food items, but made up for it by comping that item. She was still pleasant and as attentive as she could be, being one of two waitstaff.Special Features:
- hepsDined on 5/24/2014Went with a large group and they accommodated us well. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, but uncomfortableLuv2dine2VIPDined on 5/16/2014I really loved the food at Yakuza, but the seats were very uncomfortable. They were solid wood, mostly like picnic benches. Definitely gave the message, do not linger and relax. But, the food was so good that I will return and bring friends and a pillow.Special Features:
- Another great night at YazuzaPenguinoVIPDined on 5/2/2014I've been to Yakuza a number of times and last Friday I took some friends to ex Patriate (a truly wonderful spot) and afterwards we needed some food so we went across the road to Yakuza. They were from Texas, London and Sweden but all of them loved the food and atmosphere thereSpecial Features:
- Killer burgers!shempyDined on 4/9/2014The burger rocks! The meat is outstanding cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveLOfoodieDined on 4/5/2014Dinner here is always amazing. The pear salad is something I actually crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great blind restaurant pick!!EmilyDined on 3/30/2014My friend and I went here for the last of Portland dining month and it totally blew us away. We went off the recommendation of a mutual coworker and had almost no expectations before we went. Athens sushi was fresh and refectory rolled, the kale salad was simple but thoughtful and the short ribs were out of this world. A great little spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem!HoevelerDined on 3/29/2014Yakuza lounge was great. This amazing area of Portland features several great new restaurants, and yakuza is among the best in the city. I took my parents and wife for Portland dining month, fixed price meal, and we had a roll and spare ribs. YUM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What?!LOfoodieDined on 3/29/2014How have I never eaten there until now?! I have heard it was wonderful and it didn't disappoint. Outstanding food and service. We will for sure be going back, and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger In PortlandStokedInPDXDined on 3/28/2014Yakuza does a lot of things well including great sushi rolls, great drinks, and great ambiance but there is nothing they do better than their burger. It IS the best burger in Portland!Special Features:
- Decided to finally try YakuzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Decided to finally try Yakuza after having received a number of recommendations from friends. Made a reservation to celebrate my girlfriend passing her CPA exam, brought a nice bottle of wine & ordered several small plates & shared the burger. Everything was EXCEPTIONAL & the burger is possibly the best burger in Portland. The serve was very good & as a treat before we left the host, whom had complimented us on our bottle of wine, brought two wines over to our table for us to sample. Highly recommend Yazuka for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJayDeeDined on 3/20/2014Had a variety of plates at Y, the only disappointment being--no dessert! I got over it though.Special Features:
- Modern interpretation Japanese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2014I have eaten many times at Yakuza since shortly after it opened but had not been back for almost 2 years for reasons nothing to do with the restaurant. Ate there again this week and was delighted that the food was as delicious as ever. Creative, exquisitely flavored small dishes. Our party of 3 savored every thing we ordered and we ordered many things. Service is friendly, helpful and prompt. Only complaint is that they now keep the lights turned down VERY low, too low in my opinion.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2014Cocktails were fresh and tasty, the sake list (while not as long as Biwa's) is well curated and the food sublime. Not the cheapest spot in Portland but, spend the extra money and go. Lots of babies and small children when we were there but they remained mostly quiet and well behaved. The staff all treated the kids like gold which was nice to see. This is a busy corner for restaurants, don't overlook this one for splashier Beast. You really won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy small platesFresserVIPDined on 3/5/2014Best Brussels and little ribs in town. Great service and a cozy dark space on a rainy night. Most people avoided the large middle tables and sat around the edges. I will definitely go back for the exquisite food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm dreaming of the burger!DaniepdxDined on 2/28/2014The Yakuza Burger was one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten! The Donburi was also spectacular! We were seated right away and it wasn't too busy. I can't wait to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such fun!DoubledatenightDined on 2/28/2014Four of us shared eight dishes. All were delicious! And the specialty cocktails were inventive and yummy. It is a fun atmosphere and it was a great evening. And using Open Table made it so easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced.yumyumDined on 2/16/2014The experience was not what I was expecting. The hostess asked what we ordered twice per item and still the order was partially wrong. The lamb was raw and not medium rare like we wanted. Overall, food was not as good as it should be for the price. Except for the yakuza burger it was awesome.Special Features:
- LIke everything except thedelishDined on 2/13/2014LIke everything except the noise level. Way too high for pleasant conversation.
- Great as always - heavenly sauces!!YuHasMichDined on 2/1/2014The food at Yakuza always is fantastic. Yakuza is probably my favorite Portland Restaurant. The sushi is impeccable and the sauces are peerless. They must have a fantastic saucier. My only advice is if you go for the sushi you may want to pass up on the Yakuza burger, which by itself is wonderful, but it competes with the sushi experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy good foodDanoDined on 1/31/2014We had the sachemi a green bean dish and a vegy roll that had mango inside. All were fantastic. Place was busy so a reservation was a good idea. Although we did not order the burger, the folks next to us did and said it was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Food was absolutely AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Food was absolutely AMAZING!! Service was poor but didn't change my opinion of the restaurant. I would tell everyone to check this place out! It is a gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the deal with the name?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2014The service is great. The food is delicious (if you're expecting small portions). So what's the deal with the stupid name? It's offensive, and I avoided this place for years because of it. Once inside, I discovered it's an ordinary place without obvious reference to organized crime. The Yakuza Burger is delicious and substantial. If you're hungry, get that. Everything else is in tiny tapas portions. I went with a raw-food fanatic friend who was in heaven. He had the steak tartar and yellowtail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemJackDined on 1/4/2014Yakuza is the best for variety, flavor, and satisfaction. I love having sushi and a burger in the same night. Add the kale salad, a perfect glass of wine, and it was a perfect Saturday night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.