Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia
211 North 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yakitoriboy.com/
- Phone: 2159238088x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tasaka Yasuhiko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yakitori Boy - Japas is a two establishment that offers ample space for private events and special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Dining Reservations 2159238088x
- Entertainment: We offer public and private karaoke.
- Special Events: Our Japas karaoke lounge is a great place to have special events not limiting to birthdays, graduations, bachelorette/bachelor parties, business gatherings and much more...
To reserve a karaoke room or a table at our Japas lounge, please call 215-821-7280.
- Cross Street: 11th & Race Street
- Public Transit: Septa-The Market Frankford stop is on 11th & Market, and only a few blocks away from the Broad Street line at City Hall.
Patco-train stop @ 8th and Market.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Aside from street parking, there are many parking lots within a 1-2 block walk of the restaurant.
A word from Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia
Philadelphia's 1st Izakaya, a Japanese version of a pub, serving a variety of small dishes for snacking while drinking. We specialize in Yakitori skewers of meat, seafood and vegetables, seasoned and skillfully grilled to perfection. We also offer "half sushi rolls". We believe food is better shared, naturally our menu is tapas style, which we affectionately refer to as Japanese Tapas or “Japas”. We encourage you to order a variety of dishes so that you and all of your guests can sample, enjoy and satisfy your “foodie” cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Chinatown ›
Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (9)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Girls night outMysand303Dined on 9/12/2014This was my 3rd visit and I really love the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MenuNewFoodieDined on 9/10/2014The menu included five courses. I started with the tempura udon which was really good. Then I had the chicken meatball and rib eye Yakitori. The meatball tasted weird but the rib eye was perfect. Next was the sushi roll I had the He roll which was amazing and the Eagles roll was just as yummy. For the main course I had the chicken teriyaki. It was good but I expected some type of rice to go with it. The major score of the evening was my friend having a entire lobster and we only paid $35 each!! I ended with the Mochi ice cream which tasted okay I prefer another. Overall the experience was amazing the amount of food you get is totally worth the price. Even if it is not restaurant week the prices aren't too bad. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' menu and executionGreensnakesDined on 9/8/2014Some of the freshest fish and most creative dishes in town. Try the Eagles roll and the wasabi tuna yakitori. To die for!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceasianflavDined on 9/7/2014We were seated in one of the best booths in the house. The staff was incredibly attentive, and I've only experienced that level of service once before. Food was excellent, top notch presentation and attention to detail with subtle flavor profiles. The menu has a lot that appeals to me as well. Great experience and value during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sorry to bother you yakatori!!!Johnndishon310Dined on 9/5/2014Been here many times before and love the place...got done working in the trauma center down the street, and the wife just finished work as well. we didnt have reservation,the hostess says she cant seat us, she "had a lot of people coming in and no tables available" its 7:24, i go on open table(all times avail.)make a reservation for 7:30, she refuses to seat us at a table stating "she cant sit us between another table", eventually she sat us, but that was horrible service and by then my wife was upset. We ordered our usual $100 worth of food and enjoyed it, but im sure my wife wont let us return. You should think twice too, unless you like being judged on your appearance by the young C yoU Next Thursday hostess...no fun, bad meal,bad deal
- First time patronOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I was very impressed with both the food and the service. Everything came out hot and was delicious. The prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family to try a different style of Asian cuisine.Special Features:
- okay food, good serviceNixoticDined on 7/18/2014Service was very good. Sushi rolls left something to be desired. Ginger was dry as if it had been left out. Good for the price but four rolls vs six or eight does skew it a little. Overall a good quick dine for mediocre sushi and great service.
- OutstandingSushi4lifeDined on 7/17/2014Had an absolutely great time at Yakitori boy. This was my second time there but my first in the restaurant section so I reserved a table and was immediately sat down. Service was on point, which is a huge plus for me. The drinks were great, had the sake bomb and drank this huge beer they call Godzilla. AND finally the food my group went with a whole bunch of sushi and sashimi and it was nothing short of delicious. Everything taste good. I highly recommend Yakitori boy It was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful sushi!KrystaDined on 6/28/2014Really great dinner, good ambiance, very private tables that made for easier conversation than a lot of set ups. Good service, delicious food.Special Features:
- happy hourfalseilashDined on 6/13/2014Came here for dinner on the first floor on a Friday night. I've been upstairs for karaoke before and I also recommend that if you are into it! but I had never been to the restaurant on the first floor. To my surprise happy hour is until 7pm. They had a special happy hour discounted drink and food list and there were a lot of choices. The food was the same as is offered upstairs...and it's very yummy! (I got springs rolls, gyoza, shrimp tempura roll & I got a pomegranate martini! delish! :) The tables were also pretty big so I think it would be great for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwayssarahDined on 5/25/2014My friends and I usually come for dollar skewer night after work, but this time I took my boyfriend for a Sunday date night. The staff is super friendly and the food is always good. We had a great time and I always appreciate that they don't bat an eye when you order a ton of food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 159 reviews are from the Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- AwesomeTorriepDined on 5/9/2014I was running late for my reservation but I called ahead and they held my table for me! When we were seated it was kinda tight...like I could teach out and sample the person's meal next to me lol but the food was great and reasonably priced as well. I went here on a date and it was a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cheap and underratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great for late night dining. Fun if you are indecisive and want to try a lot of different things. Skewers are a little bit on the salty side but pretty tasty! Sushi is surprisingly decent (don't expect Morimoto though!). I like how they only give you half a roll so if you want to try lots of different specialty rolls but don't want to blow a lot of money, this is a great place for you. Check out their daily specials, too. I like going on Sundays for $1.50 sashimi!Special Features:
- Luv this place!!!Zug9mmDined on 5/1/2014Nice place for happy hour ( they always have great specials) the staff is always friendly I really enjoy their small platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTaNsHaDined on 4/27/2014I've been here many times and it's never disappointing. Recently, I was there for my birthday with a couple of friends. As a birthday treat, they placed a sparkler candle on my tempura ice cream. Food is delicious, service is impeccable, and it's reasonably priced. Everything was amazing, always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Happy HourncstinnettDined on 4/24/2014I've now had the pleasure of experiencing 2 happy hours at Yakitori Boy and both were delightful. The food selection is not only amazingly priced, but is tasty and offers a great variety. The drinks are also reasonably priced. Yakitori staff are polite and friendly. I have no bad things to say and will continue to come to this wonderful place and bring others!Special Features:
- I love sushi.yucheng35Dined on 4/11/2014I am a sushi fan, Yakitori Boys makes me go there almost every weekend. Need I say more?Special Features:
- Neat ExperienceSarajevoVIPDined on 4/10/2014Yakitori Boy was definitely an interesting experience in Philadelphia's Chinatown. I was very excited to go there and sing karaoke, but their rooms were incredibly expensive and the food was mediocre. If you go here, don't order the sushi--its not very good. However, the yakitori and okonomiyaki is pretty worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenthotscorpiocopDined on 4/7/2014I love the tapas menu. The smaller portions allowed me to taste many of the delicious dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding karaoke studio/izakaya!yosshiiDined on 3/27/2014Ten of us karaoke fanatics went to this place after a conference. First, we sat at a semi-private table on the 1st floor and had an authentic izakaya experience. The food was really good, served quickly, and not expensive. After a couple of hours of eating and drinking, we moved to the 2nd floor for karaoke. We had a room reserved for 3 hours. (Reservation is a must!) We had also requested a "karaoke system with lots of Japanese songs." The system turned out to be a DAM system from Japan, and it had everything! It was a great karaoke experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was incredible,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The service was incredible, timely and on point! I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends, coworkers, family...etc and especially loved the karaoke floor on the second level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcitingEXCITINGDined on 2/22/2014Very friendly staff. Busy on Saturday night but worth it. Try something new. Very popular for groups. Make reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There really isn't anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014There really isn't anything bad that I can say about the food here. The "Japas" concept is a lot of fun, and the skewered meat is amazing! My husband also tried the sushi and said it was really good. The kitchen did run out of a few items, but that wasn't a problem, we just got something else. it did get a little noisy when the restaurant filled up, and some of the tables are very close together, so it might not be ideal for a romantic dinner. The karaoke rooms upstairs look like fun; we're thinking of doing that some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Total PackageBellagirlDined on 2/8/2014Short walk from the convention center! Great food, terrific service & cool ambience. Everyone was pleasant and attentive. It's been awhile since I was here, but I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so hot....Keisha89Dined on 1/31/2014The service here sucked. We sat directly by the good prep station and saw food sit on the counter for long stretches of time. Our food took forever. They appeared under staffed.
- delicious yakitoricaligirlDined on 1/31/2014great japanese bbq with all the usual fun things i like to eat (pork belly, chicken skin, gizzards) and then some really awesome new ones (bacon wrapped quail eggs). awesome extensive fun yakitori menu that made me miss the izakayas in japan. i wouldn't rate the sushi so high although we only tried 2 rolls. i loved our yellowtail carpaccio appetizer and the lobster entree. unfortunately, the desserts were really poor (tempura ice cream too bready and the creme brulee was not the silky cold texture you expect it to be). i would definitely come back for the carpaccio and the yakitori!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian food in Philly!PhillyChicaDined on 1/29/2014Perfect to go during restaurant week so you can get a sampling of everything. Definitely would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi, Sushi, SushiBlissRestDined on 1/27/2014I luv sushi and Yaki have one of the best sushi EVER. I went for restaurant wk, 5 course meals for $35. You can't beat that no where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time I eat here it isAngeeDined on 1/26/2014Every time I eat here it is an enjoyable experience! The seafood is fresh and they make trying new foods an incredible and very enjoyable experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FunJackDined on 1/24/2014Got 5 delicious, plentiful courses for restaurant week. Picked Yakatori Boy for restaurant week b/c it allowed you to try a variety of foods (soup/salad, skewers, sushi, entree, and dessert). Everything was tasty and service was prompt! Would def recommend to others and come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We four ordered 4 kinds ofEmmaVIPDined on 1/23/2014We four ordered 4 kinds of rolls on restaurant week menu. even though we do not know the names but they were all wonderful. Especially there is one roll with fruits and fish together, i have never seen how these come along together so lovely. PS: the yellow tale appetizer and sea bass was so good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Funky!AdventurousEaterDined on 1/21/2014This was the first time my parents experienced Japanese cuisine and they loved it! Yakatori Boy had the best Restaurant week menu in Philly. The food was excellent. The service was good by I think the server could have been more attentive. This could have been due to the crowd and it was a Friday night. Overall; Fantastic. Going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inside was very cold.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014It was very cold in the restaurant. Heater shoud be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow.Loseyourself5845Dined on 1/19/2014Yakitori brought it. From the yellowtail carpaccio to the whole grilled lobster...THANK YOU!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh - service was so weirdix42Dined on 1/16/2014Last time I went here (over a year ago) was a better experience. Reservation process is overly complicated. Too many call backs and calling back and forth. No one picks up when you return their calls. The food was just OK, but the service was so strange. Got there early and were told we could sit at the bar to wait. Bartender wasn't friendly AT ALL, made it clear she was annoyed we were just waiting & not ordering drinks. Waiter and people bringing water acted like they were uncomfortable coming to our table. They would barely make eye contact, no friendliness what so ever. Just really stranger. The hostess was friendly though. I took someone there for a special occasion and they were weirded out by the service, so that's not ideal...I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiToytoyDined on 1/10/2014I have been in love with sushi for a long time. I have tried multiple spots and nothing has come close to Yakitori Boy. The sushi is always fresh and tasty. I do not go anywhere else to get much sushi because no other place compares. I'm totally in love with this place and have to dine here a few times a month. Can't wait unit I go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2014Had my first date with my husband at Yakitori Boys and made a great memory with him and my friends on the second floor. Now, just 1.5years later, I organized a dinner with some close friends downstairs and had an equally great time. I think I will make it a tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start .... Slow finishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Food was very good. Service was a bit cool at best. Apparently a back up in orders in the kitchen made for a long wAit for our last course. Staff explained the kitchen was working to capacity. Owner explained that the orders are filled in the order received. Interestingly as we continued to wait a couple came in, sat next to us and were being served food as they took off their coats. We continued to wait for our last course.Seemed odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as ever!rsmom56Dined on 12/25/2013Yakitori Boy is our go-to spot for special occasions. We've had Christmas dinner there for the past several years and have always had a great time with amazing food~!Special Features:
- A Jewish Christmas EveRichDined on 12/24/2013I took my octogenarian parents-recently moved to Philly-here for a traditional Jewish Christmas Eve on the recommendation of a young friend of ours. I was worried it would be "too hip" and loud for them but my Dad loves sushi and my mom loves tempura so we gave it a whirl. We were not disappointed. My mother, who is not known for her effusive praise, actually labeled the evening a lot of fun. My father, being the typical New Yorker, rarely praises a dining experience out of his home state. But he is already talking about me bringing him back as soon as possible. They loved both the food and ambiance as did my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.