Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia
211 North 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yakitoriboy.com/
- Phone: (215) 923-8088
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tasaka Yasuhiko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yakitori Boy - Japas is a two establishment that offers ample space for private events and special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Dining Reservations 2159238088x
- Entertainment: We offer public and private karaoke.
- Special Events: Our Japas karaoke lounge is a great place to have special events not limiting to birthdays, graduations, bachelorette/bachelor parties, business gatherings and much more...
To reserve a karaoke room or a table at our Japas lounge, please call 215-821-7280.
- Cross Street: 11th & Race Street
- Public Transit: Septa-The Market Frankford stop is on 11th & Market, and only a few blocks away from the Broad Street line at City Hall.
Patco-train stop @ 8th and Market.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Aside from street parking, there are many parking lots within a 1-2 block walk of the restaurant.
A word from Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia
Philadelphia's 1st Izakaya, a Japanese version of a pub, serving a variety of small dishes for snacking while drinking. We specialize in Yakitori skewers of meat, seafood and vegetables, seasoned and skillfully grilled to perfection. We also offer "half sushi rolls". We believe food is better shared, naturally our menu is tapas style, which we affectionately refer to as Japanese Tapas or “Japas”. We encourage you to order a variety of dishes so that you and all of your guests can sample, enjoy and satisfy your “foodie” cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Chinatown ›
Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)late-night find (23)fit for foodies (22)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (10)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delishjdott827Dined on 11/22/2014John, our waiter, was super nice and very informative. He helped us pick a few items from the menu and kept our drinks full. Everything was really tasty. I will definitely be coming back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushi!!!autumn17Dined on 11/8/2014Was a little skeptic about going but it wind up being a great experience. Great customer service and nice group of people.Will visited again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to beMrsCavDined on 11/8/2014I used to love Yakitori Boy. This time my food was just ok. The waitress couldn't answer questions on the Menu. She got the manager who couldn't answer either who got another waiter who answered the questions and took the order but came back because he wasn't sure. Too much confusion. Then the food was just ok instead of fantastic like I remembered. My lycheetini was still great though.
- Great sushi and Japas!ChrisDined on 11/7/2014The sushi we had as part of the happy hour was excellent and ordered 2 more servings of it for our dinner. The soft shell crab was out of this world. The short rib and hearts/livers yakatori was amazing! The best bite were the quail eggs wrapped in bacon! Simple but amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blast!!!LeemSoPrettiDined on 11/1/2014Love Love Love...the lobster is a must!!! The servers were extremely friendly and hospitable. He mad it his business to accommodate our every need. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget the Karaoke!! EAT HERE!!PhillyWizardDined on 10/18/2014Although we were squeezed into one of the six tables that are situated in the wall inset.......everything else was great.Special Features:
- Freshest late night sushiNewZagats2VIPDined on 10/18/2014Always the yummiest: ginkgo beans, soup, mushrooms, tempura shrimp… chef's roll… veggie dumplings… and service :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best LATE NIGHT SUSHI!!!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/7/2014IT IS SUCH A GREAT PLACE AND SO FRESH! WE JUST LOVE ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best late night Sushi!!!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/2/2014Great place! Great prices! Super fresh and delicious! Open late night!! Best PLaCE!!!Special Features:
- GreatTeishDined on 10/2/2014Awesome place no complaints! I had a bday dinner food was awesome then join karoke it was soooo much fun!!!! I would love to come out againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST LATE NIGHT SUSHI!!!NewZagats2VIPDined on 9/30/2014THE BEST!!! I met the owner, and he is awesome! I love the hostess! I love our servers! Somehow, we always get the same table and it feels like home!! Tues night is the 1$ skewers and my favorite veggie one is the ginko beans!! My friend loved the asparagus and the meat skewers, but I don't do meat. Also high on the list: shrimp teriaki, or the shrimp grand mar. but next time I will get the sauce on the side. The shu mai is good… and the California roll… and especially the MUSHROOMS!!! … miso soup good to combine them… it's such a fun place! Karaoke is upstairs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience as always!AngeeDined on 9/29/2014I love returning to my favorite resturant to enjoy the company of my husband or good friends, but it's made more special when the server remembers you and continues to give you the same outstanding service as they did before! This is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Late Night Sushi!!!NewZagats2VIPDined on 9/28/2014Best!!! It is super fast and super fresh!!! I LOVE the ginko beans!! …Friend LOVES the chilean bass, which is super and the shrimp tempura roll… Met the owner's daughter, and got to see my family from LA!!! It is a place of sheer "MIRACLES!" Everytime I have been there, something GREAT happens!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewJakeDined on 9/19/2014It was really good. The person up front started the experience pretty bad though. She was a little sassy but that's fine. The waitress we got was awesome! Her recommended sushi roll was great! The food overall was pretty good. I shouldn't have booked the last day because they ran out of crème brûlée (my favorite).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation for the last night of Restaurant week. They were kind and courteous when I changed the time of the reservation and add more people to the party. The food was amazing and the service as superb; the 5 course meal was more than what we expected for a $35 deal. The only downside is that because the entire party was not present at the time of reservation although I was, I did not get my 100 points for the reservation made.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!KingJay215Dined on 9/18/2014Great food and great atmosphere. After dinner we went upstairs to the karaoke bar. Great time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LATE NIGHT GEM! OPEN TILL 2!NewZagats2VIPDined on 9/16/2014KITCHEN IS OPEN UNTIL 1 AM!!!! AND IT IS AWESOME!! TRY THE EAGLE ROLL. AND THE MOCHI ICE CREAM AND THE GINKO NUTS ON A SKEWER, FOR 1$! MY FRIEND HAD THE BENTO BOX WITH THE SHRIMP, AND WENT CRAZY FOR IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back very soon!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary on a Tuesday. I was at the restaurant on the Saturday night before for a bachelorette party and I just knew I had to bring him. We both had the beef nakimura box and a few different rolls of sushi. Plus, we shared a bowl of beef soy sauce ramen, which was delicious. Oh and I forgot my husband got some of the yakitori also. The waitstaff was very attentive and very friendly! Bonus points for the restaurant bc we had a 7:45 reservation and arrived at 7. They sat us right away. Delicious food and wonderful atmosphere makes for a fantastic anniversary dinner. Next time I will be back for dinner and karaoke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushifooodeeeeDined on 9/16/2014Went for restaurant week and could not finish my meal, it was too much food when cau you ever say that for restaurant week. The servers were good, it had a good vibe to it and the sushi roll i had was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!ChinitaDined on 9/15/2014I had come here a month ago for the first time for my birthday and my entire party loved it. I had returned this past Monday and thinking about it is making my mouth water. Food is delicious and very affordable. Lots of options and pictures are a HUGE help. Orders come out separately but that did not bother me. It can get loud when its busy but that is expected. I dont have any particular reason to deduct stars because overall its great. Came with my boyfriend who is very particular about some asian foods and I'm pleasantly surprised this is his favorable preference. Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!TaNsHaDined on 9/14/2014Been there several times. They've been consistently great with the service; friendly greeting, attentive, fast service, and they serve awesome food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTravelingDinerDined on 9/14/2014The food was great and so was the service! The decor could use some updating but it's easy to look past when the food is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outMysand303Dined on 9/12/2014This was my 3rd visit and I really love the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MenuNewFoodieDined on 9/10/2014The menu included five courses. I started with the tempura udon which was really good. Then I had the chicken meatball and rib eye Yakitori. The meatball tasted weird but the rib eye was perfect. Next was the sushi roll I had the He roll which was amazing and the Eagles roll was just as yummy. For the main course I had the chicken teriyaki. It was good but I expected some type of rice to go with it. The major score of the evening was my friend having a entire lobster and we only paid $35 each!! I ended with the Mochi ice cream which tasted okay I prefer another. Overall the experience was amazing the amount of food you get is totally worth the price. Even if it is not restaurant week the prices aren't too bad. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' menu and executionGreensnakesDined on 9/8/2014Some of the freshest fish and most creative dishes in town. Try the Eagles roll and the wasabi tuna yakitori. To die for!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceasianflavDined on 9/7/2014We were seated in one of the best booths in the house. The staff was incredibly attentive, and I've only experienced that level of service once before. Food was excellent, top notch presentation and attention to detail with subtle flavor profiles. The menu has a lot that appeals to me as well. Great experience and value during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sorry to bother you yakatori!!!Johnndishon310Dined on 9/5/2014Been here many times before and love the place...got done working in the trauma center down the street, and the wife just finished work as well. we didnt have reservation,the hostess says she cant seat us, she "had a lot of people coming in and no tables available" its 7:24, i go on open table(all times avail.)make a reservation for 7:30, she refuses to seat us at a table stating "she cant sit us between another table", eventually she sat us, but that was horrible service and by then my wife was upset. We ordered our usual $100 worth of food and enjoyed it, but im sure my wife wont let us return. You should think twice too, unless you like being judged on your appearance by the young C yoU Next Thursday hostess...no fun, bad meal,bad deal
- First time patronOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I was very impressed with both the food and the service. Everything came out hot and was delicious. The prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family to try a different style of Asian cuisine.Special Features:
- The following 164 reviews are from the Yakitori Boy Japas - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- okay food, good serviceNixoticDined on 7/18/2014Service was very good. Sushi rolls left something to be desired. Ginger was dry as if it had been left out. Good for the price but four rolls vs six or eight does skew it a little. Overall a good quick dine for mediocre sushi and great service.
- OutstandingSushi4lifeDined on 7/17/2014Had an absolutely great time at Yakitori boy. This was my second time there but my first in the restaurant section so I reserved a table and was immediately sat down. Service was on point, which is a huge plus for me. The drinks were great, had the sake bomb and drank this huge beer they call Godzilla. AND finally the food my group went with a whole bunch of sushi and sashimi and it was nothing short of delicious. Everything taste good. I highly recommend Yakitori boy It was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful sushi!KrystaDined on 6/28/2014Really great dinner, good ambiance, very private tables that made for easier conversation than a lot of set ups. Good service, delicious food.Special Features:
- happy hourfalseilashDined on 6/13/2014Came here for dinner on the first floor on a Friday night. I've been upstairs for karaoke before and I also recommend that if you are into it! but I had never been to the restaurant on the first floor. To my surprise happy hour is until 7pm. They had a special happy hour discounted drink and food list and there were a lot of choices. The food was the same as is offered upstairs...and it's very yummy! (I got springs rolls, gyoza, shrimp tempura roll & I got a pomegranate martini! delish! :) The tables were also pretty big so I think it would be great for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwayssarahDined on 5/25/2014My friends and I usually come for dollar skewer night after work, but this time I took my boyfriend for a Sunday date night. The staff is super friendly and the food is always good. We had a great time and I always appreciate that they don't bat an eye when you order a ton of food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTorriepDined on 5/9/2014I was running late for my reservation but I called ahead and they held my table for me! When we were seated it was kinda tight...like I could teach out and sample the person's meal next to me lol but the food was great and reasonably priced as well. I went here on a date and it was a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cheap and underratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great for late night dining. Fun if you are indecisive and want to try a lot of different things. Skewers are a little bit on the salty side but pretty tasty! Sushi is surprisingly decent (don't expect Morimoto though!). I like how they only give you half a roll so if you want to try lots of different specialty rolls but don't want to blow a lot of money, this is a great place for you. Check out their daily specials, too. I like going on Sundays for $1.50 sashimi!Special Features:
- Luv this place!!!Zug9mmDined on 5/1/2014Nice place for happy hour ( they always have great specials) the staff is always friendly I really enjoy their small platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTaNsHaDined on 4/27/2014I've been here many times and it's never disappointing. Recently, I was there for my birthday with a couple of friends. As a birthday treat, they placed a sparkler candle on my tempura ice cream. Food is delicious, service is impeccable, and it's reasonably priced. Everything was amazing, always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Happy HourncstinnettDined on 4/24/2014I've now had the pleasure of experiencing 2 happy hours at Yakitori Boy and both were delightful. The food selection is not only amazingly priced, but is tasty and offers a great variety. The drinks are also reasonably priced. Yakitori staff are polite and friendly. I have no bad things to say and will continue to come to this wonderful place and bring others!Special Features:
- I love sushi.yucheng35Dined on 4/11/2014I am a sushi fan, Yakitori Boys makes me go there almost every weekend. Need I say more?Special Features:
- Neat ExperienceSarajevoVIPDined on 4/10/2014Yakitori Boy was definitely an interesting experience in Philadelphia's Chinatown. I was very excited to go there and sing karaoke, but their rooms were incredibly expensive and the food was mediocre. If you go here, don't order the sushi--its not very good. However, the yakitori and okonomiyaki is pretty worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.