Yak & Yeti
7803 Ralston Road
Arvada, CO 80002Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Yak & Yeti
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theyakandyeti.com/
- Phone: (303) 431-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday : 11:00am - 9:00 pm
Mon-Sat : 11:00 am - 9:30 pm
Lunch Buffet : Everyday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner Buffet : Fri & Sat 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Vegan, Nepalese
- Executive Chef: Dol Bhattarai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do catering with a very reasonable price call with the menu items in mind will quote you or stop by phone number 3034319000 ask for Kal
- Entertainment: Yak and Yeti is in a 1864 build Mansion, Romantic and very cozy environment, Tower room and many other private room. Well known for our huge and fresh buffet option. Great for kids as well, and Indian restaurant and a Microbrewery providing variety of outstanding beers.
- Special Events: happy hour on the delicious beer and wine and well drink is $1.50 off
A word from Yak & Yeti
Welcome to the Yak and Yeti -- Cuisine of India and Nepal. You will love our delicious food and comfortable atmosphere, suitable for the entire family, but also special enough for just that certain someone. In India, food is an art form that has been passed on from generation to generation, from guru (teacher) to vidhyarthi (pupil). The cuisine is as rich and diverse as Indian civilization, encompassing a vast scope of traditions and regional variations in taste, color, texture, appearance, and delicacy. Food is the crown of festivals and celebrations, and whatever the occasion, Indians eat with great gusto. They are adept at finding a reason to feast and make merry. Come to the Yak and Yeti and experience this joy together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yak & Yeti reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent buffetFaceDined on 11/5/2014We had an excellent time with wonderful food. It was very quiet and we had a lot of catching up to do, so I hope we didn't disturb other diners. But I think it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014I ordered the lamb biryani and when asking if the lamb was local, I was happy to hear that it was! My husband ordered a chicken dish and really enjoyed it. The garlic and cheese naan is a good side to dip into your dish. The portion sizes are great for leftovers if you get full. The beer is good and we're already craving more of the nicely spiced meal we enjoyed.Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Yak & Yeti reviews archive.
- Fantastic food AND beer!SteveDined on 7/21/2014Went to Yak and Yeti for a 2nd date on 7/21/2014 and was extremely impressed. One of the largest food menus I've ever seen plus a great selection of beers brewed onsite. We sat out on the front patio, which is very private and quiet. This was my first visit but it certainly won't be my last!Special Features:
- Great food and brewJMF1Dined on 1/6/2014The restaurant features a bar in the downstairs, and a quiet dining room in the upstairs. The dining room was notable for the fact that the tables were not crammed in tightly, and the decor was simple but appealing. The food was wonderful, with a nice spice level. The appetizers we tried were really good, and came in a huge portion size. We tried 2 curries, which were also very good. The beer selection was great, and we chose some beer that went nicely with the food. All in all, this was a very nice dinner spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Ambiance, great foodAlyssaVIPDined on 10/30/2013I love going to Yak and Yeti - not only is the food delicious, but the old Victorian house provides such great ambiance. If your party has mobility issues, though, be sure to ask to stay on the ground floor. The Lunch buffet is a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseTGrayckoDined on 10/1/2013I was really nervous to try this restaurant, however, it was a wonderful surprise! I am not adventurous and often doesn't venture out and try new food. I was so glad I did try this restaurant. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food, service?? Not so muchfoodie73Dined on 7/29/2013Waited and waited and waited, all night long. The server had no clue, and we needed help! Luckily everything we ate was amazingly good, kudos to the chefs. Cool setting, just a bad night?Special Features:
- Great food great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2013Great food with a wide selection of authentic food. Vegan menu is exceptional and the chai tea was great. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will definitely be backWonderfulDined on 5/31/2013I will definitely be back - well prepared food for a buffet, loved the atmosphere and they totally nailed the chai -not too sweet, but spicy and delicious..................will definitly make this place a regular!Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceDenverGrrrrrlDined on 4/28/2013Highly recommend, awesome Indian food and craft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beers & Good FoodBohemianInTheBurbsVIPDined on 4/20/2013First time in. The "host" asked if we could sit at the bar and only begrudgingly gave us a table upstairs when we declined. We had a reservation, so we expected a table reserved for us, right? Once we were seated, service was fine. Most people were doing a lunch buffet. This is not our style so we had an appetizer and entree and most definitely some craft beer. I tasted the jalapeno beer and like it but decided a whole pint would be too much. We both ended up with the chai stout and it was amazing. The appetizer indian chips was okay. The lamb rogan was excellent! I'm glad we ordered medium spicy because it was hot. We would try this place again.Special Features:
- Food LibraryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2013We sat upstairs, where it was clear the restaurant used to be a home. We were surrounded by bookshelves with a strange collection of books laying this way and that. That's probably better surroundings for a coffee shop, but I liked the homey surroundings all the same. We started with their garlic naan, I had chicken saag, and my wife had chicken tikka masala. Very tasty, though I'm no expert. They seemed understaffed, but we got enough attention.Special Features:
- We had a birthday party theretximDined on 3/20/2013We had a birthday party there with 13 people of which 5 were children under 6 years old. Yak an Yeti was very accomodating! They have a great room upstairs that is private for groups! Service was awesome as well as the food!Special Features:
- Food was good. We came forGoodfoodrocksDined on 3/3/2013Food was good. We came for an early dinner and waited for what I thought was too long at the front desk area without anyone greeting us. Perhaps you are supposed to walk upstairs but being new to the restaurant, we were unsure. They seem to be more in sync with the reservations in their book, rather than on Open Table (granted we made them that day). Food was delicious, a bit on the salty side but it could just be what I ordered. Service was friendly but it took quite a long time to get our naan. Otherwise they were great. the room we were in was just a bit too dark also.
- I have eaten at the Yak &OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013I have eaten at the Yak & Yeti many times, and was very dissapointed with my recent visit with regard to customer service. We were seated and waited 20-30 minutes before our table got frustrated and got up to find someone who would serve us. The only time a server checked on our table was when they delivered our food. We also had to wait 20 minutes for our check, and we dined at 5:30 in the evening on a week night. It took almost 2 hours to get out of there.
- The brewery part may be good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/26/2012The brewery part may be good, but the food is not really Indian. The service was slow and inattentive as well. Don't go here for a nice Indian meal.
- Great food, interesting andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012Great food, interesting and delicious beer selection, and a very unique setting.
- As long as you know what toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012As long as you know what to expect in terms of the atmosphere, the fact that you get the best darn Indian food in Colorado is enough to win out over the cramped space and lack of parking.
- fantastic indian food and beerjustifiedDined on 10/10/2012I love this restaurant and brewery. The food is amazing and the beer is great. The seasonals are either fantastic or a bust but the normal line up is never a letdown. The indian food is awesome and I love the buffet lunch. Please check this place out you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious food, good beer,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2012Delicious food, good beer, and very good recommendations from the waiter. Will definitely go back!
- We always enjoy Yak & YetiAskMariaToddDined on 9/4/2012We always enjoy Yak & Yeti whether we choose from the menu or partake of the buffet.Special Features:
- Food not worth the service/ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2012The only reason I would think to visit this restuarant again would be for the food and would only get the buffet rather than have to wait for service.
- I was very pleased with YakRobertDined on 8/29/2012I was very pleased with Yak & Yeti. I'd heard praises of their beer, but not about the quality of the food, prior to my first visit. The fare was equal to the brewing's hype, and made for a great second meal the following day. I almost never get to Arvada, but I'll make that trek again just to go to this place.Special Features:
- Above average, reliablemangerbienVIPDined on 8/24/2012Above average buffet of Nepalese/Indian cuisine, always reliable, kids love it. We go several times/year. Have never gone wrong at Y&Y.Special Features:
- Our new GO-TO Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2012Our new GO-TO Indian restaurant in Denver Metro! Absolutely outstanding: delicious food, high quality preparation, great menu selection, awesome buffet, many vegetarian & vegan offerings, and superior service! Oh yeah, and if that wasn't enough, a top notch craft microbrewery with 4 fabulous yr round beers and up to 9 seasonal beers (great IPA, Chai Stout, Brown Ale, + many more).Special Features:
- Thought the food was reallyFoodie4LifeVIPDined on 8/11/2012Thought the food was really good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- very attentive staff, workingSdvfDined on 7/21/2012very attentive staff, working as a team with quick service and really great food. lots of options for vegetarians, vegans, and meat-eaters alike. want to go back and try to tibetan menu (ordered off the indian menu this time).Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012This place was an absolute great dinner experience. Great food, great ambiance, great service.Special Features:
- Makes me want to go to ArvadaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2012The buffet was solid and the beers were better than average. Among the seasonal selections, I'd recommend the IIPA over the Saison.
- Good food, but what reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Good food, but what really makes this unique is the range of beer options! For those who like it spicy, don't be bashful to ask, because the medium is pretty mild.Special Features:
- Victorian setting has theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2012Victorian setting has the greatest table, for 6 ppl, that looks out onto Ralston Rd. The 2 of us were able to sit at this walled-in table because we arrived early, at 5PM. The garlicky eggplant dish, baigan bharta, was amazing. Portions are big, we WAY over ordered. Loved the specialty martinis and next time want to try their homemade beer.
- Great neighborhood Indian foodAskMariaToddDined on 2/28/2012We will return. It was a great local place that is near our weekly shopping routeSpecial Features: