Ya Ya's Euro Bistro
4701 W 119th Street
Overland Park, KS 66209Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Ya Ya's Euro Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yiayiaskc.com/
- Phone: 9133451111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Martin Woods
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Yia Yias extraordinary team of culinary experts cater your next home or business party! We offer an endless array of delightful menu selections or we can create something unique just for you. We can bring one of our immensely talented chefs to your home to prepare a four course meal or set up an unforgettable buffet – perfect for the holidays or any special occasion. So let us take care of all the details for your next party.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining for up to 55 guests and 2 rooms that accommodate 10 to 14. Our patio is also available when in season and as always booking 200 plus guests for a wedding reception or holiday get together is always welcome. Menus can be customized to you taste and we have audio visual capabilities. Ya Ya's prides its self on flexibility and uniqueness. Just let us know what your needs are and we will fulfill them.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Cochran 9133451111
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment on the patio in the summer time on Friday and Saturday nights!
- Special Events: We can do holiday parties, business meetings, and private functions. You can rent out the restaurant. Have a whole restaurant to yourself! Professional bartenders, servers, and chefs to make your night one of a kind.
A word from Ya Ya's Euro Bistro
Everyone here at Ya Yas takes great pride in offering you a menu of exciting, distinctive creations. We use local, fresh, seasonal produce whenever possible and always provide our patrons with the highest quality ingredients available. And we’re just as dedicated to superb, but subtle, service. We encourage you to relax and treat yourself to the unique flavors, hospitality and style of Ya Yas. We have an extensive collection European wine, and spirits as well as an eclectic array of Euro-Styled beers. Come and enjoy great food, great service and an unmatched experience in the heart of Overland Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ya Ya's Euro Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- exquisiteCUthereDined on 5/11/2014Great food. Love the ambiance and service. Moving to new location at 135th street and won't reopen until August 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaySherritaVIPDined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation on Open Table that did not transfer to the restaurant. We sat at the bar and had a wonderful time. Erika and Jen took wonderful care of us. The food is always fabulous. I woke up that morning wanting the Bills Chicken Salad, and I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffToddDined on 5/11/2014It was mothers day and we took everyone to Ya Ya's to celebrate the three mothers who joined us. We had the private room which is nice! The staff is always nice and quick. We were sad to hear today that this Mothers Day was there last day in Leawood as they loss there lease after 20 years so they could demolish the building and put in a box store. I live in the neighborhood and will never visit the new store because what they are doing to Ya Ya's. The neighborhood is loosing a true gem! We will miss you in Leawood and hope you get open someplace soon. GOOD LUCK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waldo416VIPDined on 5/10/2014Great meal too bad they are closing and relocating. Glad we got to eat there the evening before they close. Will have to enjoy Newport Grill and Paradise in Prairie Fire until the new YaYa's opens!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunchop123VIPDined on 5/10/2014Sad to see Yia Yia's leave their original 119th location -- :( As always the service, food and environment were wonderful. We look forward to the new location and hope it has the same feel and friendliness :)Special Features:
- Reliably great foodedlibDined on 5/9/2014Although Ya Ya's is closing after today in order to move to a new location, the food, service, and attention to detail were all just as good as ever. Looking forward to their new location, sad that it won't be open until August.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell to YaYa'sJoJoDined on 5/9/2014As always, a delightful place to dine. Sadly, it closed the next day, but is reopening in a new incarnation out on 135th St. Looking forward to trying it out.Special Features:
- Family dinnerBobbieDined on 5/4/2014We have been very loyal customers at YaYa's since it opened. We have celebrated many special occasions there. So we gathered our family and a few close friends for our last dinner at the restaurant before it relocates. Everything was wonderful except that there were out of some of our favorite things....polenta, scallops and flat iron steak. Plus it seemed that they were out of some wines also. I don't know if this was due to the upcoming move but it was a little disappointing. The disappointment was short lived though because there are so many things on the menu that we love. Dinner was wonderful and our server Evan was very entertaining and efficient.Special Features:
- carmelVIPDined on 5/3/2014We had a very nice evening. Too bad they will be leaving this location and moving further south.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014For having reservations for two on Saturday night, we were disappointed to be seated at what HAD to be the worst table in the house. We were seated at the door leading to the patio. A register located there also added to a constant of at least 5 waiters congregated "with us" at all times during dinner. Someone was constantly going in or out the door, in addition to those using the register. For a quiet dinner out, it was anything but that. Within sight was an empty table that would have been a little better. Not a good way to entice patrons to return.
- Good for Business LunchCW19Dined on 4/24/2014We had a group of 9. We had lots of different things from soup & salad to lasagna to cheeseburger to fish. It seemed that everyone liked their food and the service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- plazaloverVIPDined on 4/23/2014Always a pleasure to have lunch at this restaurant, good value and good food, nice serviceSpecial Features:
- ChuckChuckVIPDined on 4/22/2014The food is always good however the servers are great. You can tell they love their jobs. I hope the new location doesn't change the employees attitudes because it will be a far drive from fairway to the new locale.Special Features:
- Monday Evening Deal134HawkDined on 4/21/2014Food was very good, as was service. Overall prices on the higher end for a casual restaurant. Sundays and Mondays are 1/2 off bottles of wine up to $52 a bottle reg. price. Having bought several bottles of wine from one of my favorite retailers I had a recent knowledge of prices. Even at half off the wine had over a 100% mark-up. I've never been disappointed in the food, but prices limit my visits as there are many options in the area. Sadly Ya Ya's is closing this location and moving. What a loss for the area. Besides being one of the best in the area they had without doubt the BEST outdoor terrace in the area. They will be moving to a larger commercial area, more people, more traffic, and no more a neighborhood/destination dining jewel.Special Features:
- A welcome changeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014We decided to celebrate our anniversary at Ya Ya's and it was a good decision. We typically go to the same restaurants and decided to branch out for something a little different. There were four in our party and we all enjoyed everything including good-size dinner salads, warm bread, halibut special, pork chop and flat iron steak. The service provided by our waiter Joey made good food even better...very personable and knowledgable. Ya Ya's is a great special occasion restaurant...we were treated to a complimentary dessert and opted for the phyllo brownie which was decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningConcertVIPDined on 4/18/2014Always enjoy Ya Ya's. So sorry that it is moving. Bad mistake for Hawthorne Plaza.Special Features:
- occasional gluttonseniorgluttonVIPDined on 4/12/2014Try to get Adam as your waiter. Knowledge about the dishes and wine choices and appropriately attentive. First rate. Food preparation, presentation and taste was all very good. Place seems always busy; there must be a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointdDined on 4/11/2014Of the 4 entrees we ordered, the trout was excellent but the others were mediocre at best. Disappointing as the fish special was highly recommended by our waiter. Service was slower than usual.Special Features:
- We dined here on a FridaynonicknameVIPDined on 4/4/2014We dined here on a Friday night. I had the duck and my companion had the carbonara. We each enjoyed our dish. He had enough to have his for lunch the next day. We started with the spinach salad, which is really good. There are some interesting wines by the glass and the prices are pretty reasonable. Service is professional. Parking is easy. We enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take out-of-townersGalNoirDined on 3/31/2014We wanted to take some out of town relatives to a local restaurant that would demonstrate the quality of the restaurant scene in the Kansas City metro. Our choice of Ya Ya's Euro Bistro didn't disappoint. Each of the entrees we selected from the varied menu was delicious, and the wine was top notch. The service was attentive but not intrusive. I'd recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we went there on Sunday, hadmagneVIPDined on 3/30/2014we went there on Sunday, had a great meal, the salmon was cook to order and delicious as well as the trout, and on Sunday the wine bottle are 1/2 price!!!! great. Our waiter Sasa did an excellent jobSpecial Features:
- So sad you're moving!!ResistantoTHISchangeDined on 3/28/2014We were very sad to learn that YaYa's will be moving soon to the 135th & Metcalf area. First WestChase Grill closes, now YaYa's moves from this area....what a great loss. I can't believe any real estate manager would think a Containers and More store will ever supplant a great restaurant like YaYa's. This has been a special occasion restaurant, a lunch place with the girls, a romantic dinner for two and never fail menu--how sad to think it is leaving! We already drive from Lenexa to Leawood for this great place and can't imagine driving as often to 135th & Metcalf. Sob! We're so sad to see you go.Special Features:
- We EnjoyedTeutDined on 3/22/2014I had friends in town and needed to find a place that could seat 7 on fair short notice. YaYa's accomodated us and everyone was impressed by the food from starters to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceDisappointedVIPDined on 3/22/2014The server was completely awkward - he approached us without an word and started rattling off the specials without a hello or offer for drinks. When we said we needed a minute to look at the drink menu, he waited 15 minutes before returning. Then was oddly agitated and asked what we wanted to order - no niceties. We ordered our wine and when he delivered it, he asked is we wanted an appetizer and we said yes, a salad. He responded, do you want me to order that now? His irritated attitude continued throughout the meal and the entire experience was terrible. We had been there many times prior and had him before with the same terrible service - we won't return if this is what we can expect. Also, it is a sea of grey hair patrons!
- LunchCubs673Dined on 3/22/2014Had lunch there for my sisters birthday, everything Was terrific as usual from the moment we walked In the doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I should have come here sooner!ChristineVIPDined on 3/15/2014What a great find! We really enjoyed the food - fun and flavorful - and my cocktail was perfect. They are supposed to move a couple of miles away soon, and I am glad we tried it while they are still in this location - it was quite nice, and the patio was beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive!wshera32Dined on 3/8/2014I surprised my sister for her 48th Birthday! We live 3 hours apart and this was a half way point for us. Even though my family got lost for an hour, our waitress kept me and my daughter entertained while we waited on them to arrive. Food was excellent and the wine was most enjoyable. My family loved this place. We will be back. Thanks to all the staff that waited on us, Sheila WoosleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the experience atEEEEDined on 3/5/2014Enjoyed the experience at Yia Yia's. Service was excellent, food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat PerformanceautableDined on 3/3/2014Come here often, fine assortment food, some unique items, courteous, knowledgeable staff. Special promotions encourage frequent visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoveHarriettDined on 2/28/2014Will miss them in "my" neighborhood. Will make the trek to 135th when they move, but probably not as often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch but noisy!CADreaminDined on 2/27/2014I met a friend @ Ya Ya's - we wanted someplace that would offer healthy selections as my friend is gluten & dairy free. She ordered the Atlantic salmon and substituted the potatoes with another selection. They were happy to make the changes. She said it was absolutely delicious! I ordered the steak and quinoa salad which is thinly sliced steak over a bed of quinoa & a few other veggies. The server was proactive and warned me there were no mixed greens in this dish which I appreciated. The steak was tender and cooked perfectly - medium rare. Unfortunately the steak and quinoa were both completely flavorless. I added salt and pepper and that helped, but I wouldn't order this dish again. Very busy & noisy restaurant! Prepare to talk loudly. :)Special Features:
- DependableGaryFVIPDined on 2/21/2014We've been to Ya Ya's several times, and while we don't find it to be the best meal in town, it's got such a good menu that hits on many different areas, i.e. something for everyone. (We are lovers of their beef carpaccio and of course, everyone loves the baba ganoush.) This feels like coming home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service supremeaphiDined on 2/21/2014Our server, Ashton was wonderful!! 5 star service and a killer smile to go with it. He deserves kudos for being at the top of his game! This was a birthday celebration and I had called ahead and asked for a filo brownie with a candle. The arrangements were made through the manager. When out meal was finished, Ashton asked if we would like dessert. I said something had been pre ordered (which ruined the surprise). He was not told of this and I put him at ease and then went to talk with the Manager. He was a bit dismissive, gave an insincere apology and blamed the person or persons who were to have read his notes. I told him that his responsibility was to do a follow upSpecial Features:
- servicelunchDined on 2/21/2014Service was unusually NOT great. For example, hot water served, then took 7 or 8 minutes to find server to ask for a tea bag. Also took too much time (had an older gentleman who should have had something to snack on) to see him again to request bread and appetizer. Check was presented in the middle of main course - when I asked to please hold it since we would order coffee and desserts (each member of the party ordered a dessert) - was told that's policy to leave it - and he did! We did not want to rush our guest in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes - Yes for Ya Ya'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/20/2014This regional restaurant has always delighted us. The menu is always fresh and the dinners are elegantly prepared. This isn't a sports bar and its not the Ritz. Instead, this restaurant is better classified as a haunt. You just love to hang out here and eat great food. The restaurant atmosphere isn't cluttered which makes for a pleasant experience. See you there.Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice AtmosphereGuestDined on 2/19/2014Reasonable restaurant in a crowded field. Food was well-prepared and presented but a bit pricey. Quantity was reasonably small. One leaves sated but not stuffed. Every waiter/waitress/host greets your party as you are seated. Nice touch at first but on leaving seemed contrived. Party orders small plate, salad and scallops. All well-done, artfully presented. Noise level was quiet with no interference from tables around us. Server needed better training and presentation.Special Features:
- It was our first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014It was our first time eating here. We went earlier than we would normally have, but really glad we did. Everyone - staff and regulars who were hanging out and eating at the bar - were sooo friendly and down. The food was wonderful. I didn't really care for the pan steak, but the chicken was great. I like to try new foods, so I run this risk some times. Great place! We will be back! We don't drink wine, so no idea on this, but it had a large selection.Special Features:
- Best Scallops ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Our dining adventure at Ya-Ya's was mixed. We ordered the roasted beet salad as an appetizer which was good. The next course was the salads. Mine was so -so since I had the ceaser and the croutons were very stale. But the entree made up for all the stale croutons. I had the scallops and I have to say they were the best I ever had in any restaurant in Kansas so far. perfectly cooked and seasoned on a bed of orzo. Very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon was too fishy tasting.maxwellDined on 2/14/2014Salmon was too fishy tasting. Shrimp linguini was not good.
- Love Day DinnerFrinightdinerDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I visited Ya Ya's for a Valentine's Day celebration. We had not been to Ya Ya's in a while but it seems to be one of those places that is alway good and always consistent. The wine was great, our meals were great. And, it's an appealing, comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.