XO Prime Steaks Pepper Pike
29425 Chagrin Blvd
Pepper Pike, OH 44122Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
XO Prime Steaks Pepper Pike
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xoprimesteaks.com/
- Phone: 2163788988x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from XO Prime Steaks Pepper Pike
XO Prime Steaks, the standard for trend setting dining in Cleveland's Warehouse District is elevating Steakhouse dining to new heights. We offer stylish and fashionable dining and the only ALL Prime concept in town with incredible juicy steaks and fresh seafood. Cool, sexy and refreshing decor, unlike anything in Cleveland. The place to see and to be seen, with the most happening bar scene. Best place to impress for business or pleasure. Reservations suggested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
XO Prime Steaks Pepper Pike - Best Restaurants in Pepper Pike ›
XO Prime Steaks Pepper Pike reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (34)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (14)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014One of the best steak dinners and great wine. A bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtown restaurant in the suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014An excellent steak in a sophisticated setting served by a professional staff. We couldn't have asked for more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great!marachinkoDined on 9/13/2014Food was pretty good, but steaks we had were simply not up to the level of a few other steak joints in the area. And, they are quite pricey. Creamed spinach was quite tasty and the bread pudding for desert was also very good, but short on vanilla cream. The bar area is great. Wine list is adequate and has the typical 3x markups on many bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XO doesn't disappoint!Foodsnob1234Dined on 9/6/2014Any time I have frequented this restaurant I have gotten nothing less than extraordinary service and outstanding food. XO has a trendy upscale atmosphere, unlike all the boring traditional "upscale" steakhouses around. I can't speak enough about this place from the food to the service, you won't leave here without feeling content, relaxed and full. I am a "food snob" and frequent high end restaurants. XO is always number one and will never be outdone in my book. Keep up the good work XO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but NOT Exceptional 4 PricingNJandMEPDined on 8/30/2014The food and experience was very good BUT NOT EXCEPTIONAL! XO for its pricing should be exceptional but it is no better than a very good restaurant in the area at a 10 to 20% lower pricing. The ambiance is sheik but a bit tacky. The wine we had was priced 4 times the shelf pricing at a local wine store, the rib steak w/bone was good but not exceptional in quality but cooked as requested. The water glasses were not kept filled and attention to table needs were slow for timely additional bread and request for re-fill of drinks. The dinners arrived in a timely manner and all were hot except for one meal. For the pricing, we have eaten at what we believe are better 'steak restaurants' for quality and service. Good but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Average at bestGhostDined on 8/30/2014French onion soup was average at best. The loaded baked patatoe was not completely cooked, had a few hard spot. I travel quite a bit and have eaten in many steakhouses. XO would rank low on my list.Special Features:
- Dining pleasureEdwardVIPDined on 8/26/2014All the stars aligned for a memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- XOXOLocalEaterDined on 8/14/2014Great food, well prepared, and formally presented. We liked it enough to write 50 characters.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Two steaks ordered at our table and both were overcooked. A side order of potatoes were ordered try came out very greasy.
- And againSteakhouseManVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great stuff. Delicious as always. One of the best in town in terms of steak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014too many servers - service very slow and portions tiny....not sure i will return.
- Fabulous SteakMKD2Dined on 7/30/2014Offered a waygu beef option, which we passed on, but that is indicative of how decadent the menu is at XO. We've been twice and reality love the place, but it's been slow there, so would love to see others there. Service was impeccable and the food was amazing. The restaurant is in a wealthy area, and the costs are commensurate with the demographics of the area - but the competition (Flemings, Hyde Park, Red) around the corner is much less expensive. Could be a reason for the smaller crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmmarks3141Dined on 7/26/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and had a fine meal. My wife's well-done steak was cooked right the first time with no sending back, and my filet was tender and delicious. I also recommend the 3-cheese mac & cheese side dish with crab & lobster added.Special Features:
- Excellent birthday choiceGingerDined on 7/25/2014Pricey but well worth every penny. The service the food the setting...all outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodAnniverasryDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner at XO very much. The steaks were excellent, complimented with done very good unique flavor sides. The calamari appetizer one if ye best I have had. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, overpricedSollyboyDined on 7/19/2014Food was very good and enjoyable, but this restaurant is overpriced. A Dewar's scotch and water is $10.00, far above the going rate of $7-$8 in most Cleveland area restaurants. Steaks are price a la carte. That's a bit of a rip off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedsteakloverDined on 7/11/2014Place was nice. But to be honest I felt like I kind of got robbed a little bit. For the amount of money that I paid I didn't really feel the food met that price. French fries were 12.00 and there was nothing special about them. Porterhouse 60.00. I have no problem with paying high price for a meal but there are definitely other places one can go to get quality steak etc. for a more reasonable prices. Our waitress was very nice by the way.Special Features:
- Hot Saturday Nightmarrer29190Dined on 6/28/2014Rachel, the entress, appetizes and sides were all excellent. The wine and drinks are overpriced given the small pours. Ambience was ruined by an almost complete lack of air conditioning on a hot Saturday night.Special Features:
- Good Food but PriceyCarmenDined on 6/28/2014The food was good, but very pricey. My husband and I shared a dinner, had two appetizers, two glasses of wine and one drink. The bill was $130 with tip. This is a restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- They did it again!SteakhouseManVIPDined on 6/28/2014My first time here with the wife, we were expecting a decent experience that would be similar to flemings and not be as good as the downtown location. We were totally blown away with our first visit. Part of me thought it was a fluke, so we went again and brought along my father who has been to steakhouses all over the country. Our meal was superb from every aspect / plate. Service was top notch and we just had a great overall experience. Better than downtown! Better than Red!Special Features:
- Very GoodCarloDined on 6/27/2014This place was extremely expensive but was very very good. Good service and great food. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!hankieDined on 6/22/2014We celebrated my brother's birthday at XO Prime Steaks in Pepper Pike and it was an all-around perfect experience. The service was outstanding and the steaks are the best in the area. Many thanks to all, we will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The food at this restaurant was horrible. It was so salty that it was truly inedible. And our waiter never returned to the table after we reported that the meal was inedible. Instead of offering me a different choice from the menu, they appologized and gave me the same meal again-which I did not want. And we were truly surprised at the price of all the entrees because the waiter did not appropriately explain the entree choices and the add ons to our meal. Our overall experience was horrible as was the exorbitant prices for the food. I never write a review for a restaurant but truly feel this was my worst dining experience in a very long time!
- Good, but not as good as downtownXORegularDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I have been to the XO in Cleveland multiple times and love it. This was our first time at the Beachwood location. The ambiance is really nice. We sat outside on the patio which is really cute. Overall, the food was good. We got chop salads, filet, and the loaded baked potato. The lava cake was alright. I did notice a large difference in service though. First, they were out of bread and the wine we wanted. Second, the waiter spent a lot of the night chit chatting with another couple. And he didn't do anything about our extremely wobbly table despite noticing it. Seems like they have a little refining to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening-grapevine2014Dined on 6/19/2014Four Friends recently back to Cleveland after winter away, chose XO to celebrate an anniversary and a birthday. Knew restaurant would be new to us & excited to try it. 3 had beef and all agreed, delicious & cooked just as we requested. 1 had seafood pasta. There was also surf with my turf. The lobster tail was of a good size but had more chew than it should have and was at best, lukewarm. I enjoyed a beet salad and a shared lobster-blue cheese beignet (sp?)as starters. Both very good. Little comment about the pasta dish from my friend. All 3 thought our beef was excellent. Greeting was fine and waiter was pleasant. A needed knife was "borrowed when one, or opportunity to request one in a timely manner, wasn't forthcoming.Special Features:
- Perfect steaksGreatchefDined on 6/14/2014We went there because we hear the steaks were wonderful. And they really were...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 6/13/2014This being touted as the finest steak house in Cleveland is erroneous. We ordered a Porterhouse steak and the strip was a bit tough. The accessories (roasted vegetables) were mediocre at best. One of our party asked for oil w/Parmesan for the bread, was told he would be right back, but never brought the oil w/Parmesan. Another one of our party asked for tonic w/lemon. Twice our server brought "Tonic w/lemon" but it was not tonic. Our guest then said "never mind, I'll drink water." The crueller's were just satisfactory. No one came to our table to pour water the whole evening after supplying us with a glass when we sat down. I don't want to even get into our waiter dipping and dapping in our conversation...............
- Excellent!AlyseVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was amazing! Our server Marc was phenomenal! The restaurant is beautiful!!Special Features:
- Wonderful Service!bizzytravels63Dined on 6/5/2014This was my second visit to XO and it didn't disappoint. We had a fairly large party. Service was awesome. The servers were all knowledgeable and attentive. They understood the menu and were able and willing to make recommendations. We sat at outside on the patio which faces onto Chagrin Blvd. Surprisingly it didn't feel or sound like we were near a busy roadway. Seating was ample and comfortable.Special Features:
- DeliciousGretchenVIPDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed our second trip back to this new location. The food was great, the new patio was fantastic (needs a few heaters maybe) and hte service was white table, perfect, but no interuptions. We hung out on the patio talking it was lovely.Special Features:
- Subpar compared to downtownB1001Dined on 5/31/2014Completely different feel from the downtown location. Which isn't necessarily negative. However, things that I noticed were tables were old, many had napkins shoved under there so they didn't wobble, the bases were all rusty and I would have expected the tableclothes to go to the floor. To spend all that money on remodeling and drop the ball at the table was poor planning. I also was disappointed in the fact that the manager didn't make it to the table. At the other location they always made a point to stop at all tables.Special Features:
- OutstandingSteakhouseManVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had been to the one downtown and had a good meal so we gave pepper like a try cause it's closer to home. All I can say is wow. I've been to red, Hyde park, Morton's, ken Stewarts, etc.... This was the best meal out of all of them. Drinks, wine, sides, service, and most notable steak!!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lavernVIPDined on 5/30/2014I enjoyed the dinner the steak was amazing, service was great, the waiter was attentive and very helpful. I would recommend XOXO to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lexi GuysLexiguysDined on 5/29/2014This was the first time at XO Prime at the Chagrin location or any location. A group of close friends get together each to have dinner and it is up to one of us each time to select a place. It was my turn last thursday and I chose XOPrime because of the write up it received on its new location on Chagrin Blvd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAniokiDined on 5/25/2014First visit to this location. They did a beautiful job with the remodel from the previous restaurant. I had the filet and I have to say it quite possibly was the best one I have ever had. All items ordered were fantastic. We will be dining there often. The bar area is very nice, posh looking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the XO Prime Steaks Pepper Pike reviews archive.
- CfountainDined on 5/16/2014A great place to have dinner with friends and a great bar!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerjkathyDined on 4/27/2014First time thought we would try for special occasion. Sorry but did not like the décor.. ordered pasta dinners and was ok.. Our waiter was good. polite... attentive.. Would maybe try it again but order something differernt.Special Features:
- Excellent night outSamGDined on 4/26/2014Went to XO for a nice dinner date, we don't typically spend such a large amount but it was for a special occasion. I was pleasantly surprised that drinks, dinner, and dessert for two came to just under $200. It was worth every penny. Our service from the front door, to the bar, to the table was excellent, expedient and helpful. The valet remembered us on sight, no need for the ticket, and ran to pull the car up quickly. We each had the strip steak with roasted garlic and herb butter - melts in your mouth! The hazelnut creme broule and deconstructed s'more were both excellent dessert choices. Would definitely recommend for a higher end night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner I've had in a while!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food and ambience was incredible. I had some picky eaters with me and they loved it!!!!! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch menuCharlyVIPDined on 4/24/2014Birthday lunch with friends in the bar. Lunch menu is a 10! Salads were outstanding. Crab cake literally the best I ever had. A lot to choose from on menu, salads, sandwiches, and of course steak! Many other options. I highly suggest this place for lunch, (dinner too) and hope the word spreads that they are open at lunch. It appears that no one really knows it is! Our server was great.Special Features: