XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland
500 West St. Clair
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xoprimesteaks.com/
- Phone: (216) 861-1919
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 1:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: XO can accommodate 10-35 guests in a private space & 40-55 guests in a semi private area.
- Private Party Contact: Zdenko Zovkic 2168611919x
A word from XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland
XO Prime Steaks, the standard for trend setting dining in Cleveland's Warehouse District is elevating Steakhouse dining to new heights. We offer stylish and fashionable dining and the only ALL Prime concept in town with incredible juicy steaks and fresh seafood. Cool, sexy and refreshing decor, unlike anything in Cleveland. The place to see and to be seen, with the most happening bar scene. Best place to impress for business or pleasure. Reservations suggested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (49)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (26)good for groups (23)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerJBThree29Dined on 11/22/2014Went for our 25th Anniversary. The food, atmosphere and service by the staff was exceptional. This is the second time we have eaten here and will return for a third.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night for entertainingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014I was entertaining clients and thought that XO was a great choice. The food and service are always excellent, which makes me look good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FabulousboomerDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is on our go to list when we want perfection, and as usual, it did not disappoint, we meet friends there who drive from Norwalk while we come from Akron, and we've done just about every spot in Tremont, Warehouse District, and more. While we have lots of favorites, this is one that consistently gets top billing when we don't feel like experimenting and we want perfection. Once again, that is what we received. Well done folks, look forward to seeing you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in yearsBookclubDinersDined on 11/15/2014Wonderful place to celebrate a milestone birthday. Amazing steaks & sides. Enjoyed wine & drinks & food in a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak, ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times, and the quality of its steaks never disappoint. We did have a slightly longer than customary wait for initial service, but it was excellent once it began. Off-street parking is plentiful and close. This a downtown Cleveland gem!Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 11/8/2014Steaks were good but overpriced for the quality. A la carte is fine but the plates are ridiculously large making the entree look ridiculously small. A la carte sides were good but loaded baked potato had 3 bacon bits and 2 chives (maybe not even that many). Sauteed spinach was done perfectly. Tempura roll appetizer was one tiny roll sliced into 4 pieces. Desserts were mediocre. Our server was top notch.Special Features:
- Disappointed this visitSkeeterVIPDined on 11/8/2014Have eaten at XO on a number of occasions. This was the first time we were disappointed. The entrees (scallops/salmon) were average, not interesting and small portions; not at all like previous visits. Ambiance is great and service was excellent. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- Great Spot for a special occassionHBSRADined on 11/8/2014Very good food and service. It was a bit loud but everyone in the restuarant is enjoying a special night out. Great for people watching in Cleveland. A Cleveland Browns player and the Cavs Coach enjoyed the restaurant during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceyoungweaveDined on 11/7/2014Upon entering the restaurant we we're greeted in a timely fashion. Once seated service was even better than the initial walk in greeting, also the appetizers and entrees were out very fast. It was an overall great food outing with my fiancee it kind of took the pressure off me to impress her. Thank you xo for a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Go in Downtown Cleveland!BADB0YDined on 11/6/2014This place was amazing! I can'tell even put to words how incredible the steak was. It was quite simply the best thing I have EVER placed on my tastebuds. And I just had the 7oz sirloin. We also had the Kobe Meatball and the garlic mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok foodJeffDBDined on 10/30/2014For the price I was not overly impressed. I would have thought I would have had alot of flavor, but most of what you tasted on everything was garlic. Was a nice dinner, but in my opinion not worth the price.Special Features:
- Birthday steak dinnerphoefDined on 10/28/2014My girlfriend requested we try this place out for her birthday. She's a big steak fan. I was VERY disappointed not only in our server (who was a bit crabby and seemed hungover or narcoleptic?) but the steaks themselves. Having "prime steaks" in your name should mean your cook knows what medium rare is. Our steaks were WELL done. My girlfriend wouldn't let me say anything about it but I spent $190 on two mediocre steaks and the rest of my meal. Again, this was really disappointing as a whole because I wanted to like it (living just down the street) but I don't think I'll be going unless this issue is remedied.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Service!JKOSTOSDined on 10/27/2014The food presentation and service was excellent! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great experience!Gorgeous1of84Dined on 10/18/2014The ambiance was perfect! The food was absolutely amazing!!!! I'm new to the Cleveland area so this restaurant is definitely at the top of my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Excellent DinnersCadg55Dined on 10/17/2014Four of us dined and all ordered small steaks. Perfectly cooked tender meat, perfect proportions, and beautifully presented on the plate with the assorted vegetables. Our server, Eytan, was great. He knew we wanted some time to visit before the meal and didn't rush us, yet was attentive. It was my first to at XO and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food 10 Service 6CaryCarolVIPDined on 10/13/2014The menu is filled with gastronomic entrees and the appetizer menu is just as lush. We made a meal of soup, salad and a variety of appetizers like the seafood combo, tuna tartare, mushroom truffle raviolis. My wine by the glass was a wonderful complex pinot noir while my dining companion opted for a lemon drop martini which was done perfectly. However service for the two of us less than stellar as we waited for our sparkling water, the bread and our drinks a little longer than agreeable.Special Features:
- Loved it.DiningoutDined on 10/11/2014Whe found this downtown gem online and thought it would be good but had no idea it would be this good. Our waiter was pleasant and the food was incredible. Try the grouper fish tacos appetizer. It was awesome. Also had the kobe beef burger and filet mignon. Absolutely delicious. The only minor issue was we waited for out food for quite a while. But if you are not in a rush and want to enjoy a special place with amazing food, I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- AwesomeMongoMcMichaelDined on 10/11/2014Never been let down by the food at XO. The blackened grouper tacos are possibly the best dish I've ever had. My steak is always cooked perfectly. I can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!outoftownerDined on 10/4/2014Been here twice. Food and service was excellent both timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!vlb3Dined on 10/3/2014This place is nothing short of SPECTACULAR! The food, the ambiance and the service the place is exquisite.Special Features:
- Great DinnerJohnVIPDined on 9/27/2014Right behind Lola's, Pime Steak was our second most favorite dinner during our recent stay in Cleveland. The service was excellent, the steak was perfectly cooked. The sides were also excellent and the ambiance impeccable. I thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Celebrate familySeptember2013Dined on 9/26/2014Great evening with table for 7 family members, including out-of-towners. Waiter Jordan and staff were attentive and efficient! Thanks for another great meal and memory!Special Features:
- Perfect Steakhouse, not stuffykeepitsimpleDined on 9/25/2014XO is all that you would expect of a great, high-end steak house. More though, the service was completely efficient, but friendly and attentive. The bartender made a fabulous (non-alcoholic!) specialty drink for our 14-year old (thank you!) Our dinner was a gathering for the extended family, but you'd be just as happy visiting for a weekend date.Special Features:
- Xo reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great server but we had fruit flies swarming our table all evening, we were swatting them away. Also we ordered mojitos and the simple syrup they used had dried up hard pieces that almost chipped my husbands tooth. That is a sign of them not properly washing the syrup bottles or pour spouts. But the server said that it was fine and never offered to remake the drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TashaDined on 9/17/2014The waitress did not seem interested in my guest and I. She spent a lot of time talking with a gentleman seated at a table next to ours. The resturant was practically empty but the wait was too long. The taste and quality/taste of the food was fair.
- ROCODined on 9/16/2014We had a party of 7 and every dish was superb. We were extremely happy with our food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On point with short noticeFineDiningFanDined on 9/13/2014We set a reservation for 10 and they were able to accommodate us with a short notice for 2 more. The service was outstanding and the Australian Wagyu Strip was as expected, although a little pricey. For the sides, I highly recommend ordering as many as possible - especially the Lobster Macaroni. Again, a great late-night destination. Surprised to find such a warm environment at 10pm.Special Features:
- Food not up to the priceBreelDined on 9/13/2014Rubs, sauces excellent, sides very good, steaks OK. An 18 oz bone-in rib eye is not so thin that it it should be impossible to cook rare, or at least closer to rare than medium to medium-well. At prices beyond those of the best Bistecca Fiorentina in Florence, one should expect very close to perfection. On the plus side, if you're not trying to show off with your wine selection, you can do very well at a quite reasonable price. If you ARE trying to show off with a wine selection, the opportunity is there.
- Pretty Amazing!New2ClevelandDined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I started by sitting in the outside 'lounge' on some super comfy couches, after 1 or 5 drinks (try the holy water!) we came in for our dinner. Our server was not only super informative when asked about the wine and food menus but also super accommodating as well. We were sat next to a family with a few kids, and although well behaved and quiet, we asked if we could sit somewhere more secluded and maybe a better view. Would you believe they moved us to a private dining area! We had a table window side and the blinds were even opened up a little to improve the scenic street view as well. The food was amazing too, Mushroom Ravioli to start, my darling had the Sea bass and I elected for the Kobe strip, melted in my mouth!Special Features:
- Dinner Sept 6DineoutaddictDined on 9/6/2014Upon arriving, the hostess was pleasant and welcomed us with a smile. The server and staff were attentive to our needs and checked back regularly. Both steaks were prepared to the temperature ordered. I couldn't have asked for a better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skimp on the sidesWmW6thResidentDined on 9/5/2014Although primarily known for its steaks, XO is notable for its diverse and delicious side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I brought my brother to XO to celebrate his 22nd birthday! Johnny was our server and his service could not have been any better. He directed us when ordering appetizers and drinks. His recommendations were so helpful and I felt our experience could have not been any better. The food and drinks were top notch. The steak was cooked exactly how we requested, and it was worth every penny. At the end of the meal they brought out a small dessert in celebration of his birthday. I strongly recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Good food, Great Wine, Best ServiceAndrewv20Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I dine at XO once a year for her birthday, and every year we leave extremely happy. This year we brought my parents for my mothers birthday, and both my parents were impressed with the food, wine, service, and overall experience. If we could afford to dine at XO every weekend......we would! Keep up the great job XO! See you next July.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyJoShmo0720Dined on 8/29/2014Everything else about XO was great except the steaks. Or how they were cooked, specifically. I asked for my filet medium well. The waiter suggested I butterfly it to retain moisture. It came out so overdone, it was ridiculous. My husband ordered his steak medium, and it came out closer to rare. In hindsight we should of sent it back, but didn't want to be "those people". Will probably chose elsewhere the next time we want a nice steak dinner.Special Features:
- eaterDined on 8/24/2014Very good steak and a modern atmosphere. Great for special occasions. I liked the selection of "special" prime cuts.Special Features:
- Downtown versus Pepper PikeEdmundFitzgeraldVIPDined on 8/20/2014In general, the food is very good, but I can getting less and less impressed upon visit. Wines are quite expensive - the moderate wines $100 are just run of the mill. Not very busy for a Wednesday night and the service staff although accommodating were not what I expect at more than $125 per person. My experiences at PP were better because the ambience is different. After frequent visits, I am not sure that I will be drawn back to XO Prime at either location.Special Features:
- Almost perfect dinnerEvilroyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had a tempura lobster app and my wife ordered surf and turf. Both times the lobster tail was perfect. I started with "Southern" crab bisque that was the right amount of spicy and very rich. I had the veal special and loved it. My wife's filet was the right temperature, but she asked for it blackened. It came out with house steak sauce on it instead, which was also tasty. The waiter offered to "fix" it, but how? Wait for another filet to be cooked? The appropriate thing would have been to not charge us for the botched steak add-on. That didn't happen. Given that it was a $75 entree, I didn't bother making an issue over the $2. Delicious meal, but in the increasingly competitive local steakhouse market, details separate good from great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointednikkolaCLEDined on 8/9/2014Having dined at nearly every restaurant in CLE, this was my first time visiting XO -- for my anniversary. We were seated outside, as requested. The tablecloth and bread plates were dirty, and the window sill next to the table was filthy. Our server was very friendly but not as polished as you would expect at a high end restaurant. We ordered the lobster roll appetizer, which was good but had very little lobster and only one set of chopsticks. Our entrees arrived shortly after our forks and bread plates were taken, and we had to stare at our entrees while waiting for new forks. I ordered the scallops, which were delicious. My husband ordered a filet medium rare -- his steak was nearly well done -- so disappointing for a steak house!Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayjcfcvaDined on 8/8/2014I took my wife to celebrate her birthday and brought along my daughter. My wife ordered a glass of chardonnay. While it wasn't spoiled, it was the flavor she was seeking. Too fruity I think. No problem says our server, he brings out a glass of a different chardonnay and all is well. I ordered the tempura crab & shrimp sushi was good. My wife was delighted with her beet salad. I had a mixed greens salad (and I had them hold the fennel). It was delicious. We all had filet mignon and they were all delightful. We ordered the creamy corn which was delicious. My wife ordered potato croquettes for a side and she liked them. All in all a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WannabeDrJFinkDined on 8/5/2014Aspires to be New York City's Peter Luger's or Wolfgang's. Priced similarly; food quality misses the mark. Disappointed.