XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland
500 West St. Clair
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xoprimesteaks.com/
- Phone: 2168611919x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: XO can accommodate 10-35 guests in a private space & 40-55 guests in a semi private area.
- Private Party Contact: Zdenko Zovkic 2168611919x
A word from XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland
XO Prime Steaks, the standard for trend setting dining in Cleveland's Warehouse District is elevating Steakhouse dining to new heights. We offer stylish and fashionable dining and the only ALL Prime concept in town with incredible juicy steaks and fresh seafood. Cool, sexy and refreshing decor, unlike anything in Cleveland. The place to see and to be seen, with the most happening bar scene. Best place to impress for business or pleasure. Reservations suggested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (31)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (20)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Xo reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great server but we had fruit flies swarming our table all evening, we were swatting them away. Also we ordered mojitos and the simple syrup they used had dried up hard pieces that almost chipped my husbands tooth. That is a sign of them not properly washing the syrup bottles or pour spouts. But the server said that it was fine and never offered to remake the drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TashaDined on 9/17/2014The waitress did not seem interested in my guest and I. She spent a lot of time talking with a gentleman seated at a table next to ours. The resturant was practically empty but the wait was too long. The taste and quality/taste of the food was fair.
- ROCODined on 9/16/2014We had a party of 7 and every dish was superb. We were extremely happy with our food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On point with short noticeFineDiningFanDined on 9/13/2014We set a reservation for 10 and they were able to accommodate us with a short notice for 2 more. The service was outstanding and the Australian Wagyu Strip was as expected, although a little pricey. For the sides, I highly recommend ordering as many as possible - especially the Lobster Macaroni. Again, a great late-night destination. Surprised to find such a warm environment at 10pm.Special Features:
- Food not up to the priceBreelDined on 9/13/2014Rubs, sauces excellent, sides very good, steaks OK. An 18 oz bone-in rib eye is not so thin that it it should be impossible to cook rare, or at least closer to rare than medium to medium-well. At prices beyond those of the best Bistecca Fiorentina in Florence, one should expect very close to perfection. On the plus side, if you're not trying to show off with your wine selection, you can do very well at a quite reasonable price. If you ARE trying to show off with a wine selection, the opportunity is there.
- Pretty Amazing!New2ClevelandDined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I started by sitting in the outside 'lounge' on some super comfy couches, after 1 or 5 drinks (try the holy water!) we came in for our dinner. Our server was not only super informative when asked about the wine and food menus but also super accommodating as well. We were sat next to a family with a few kids, and although well behaved and quiet, we asked if we could sit somewhere more secluded and maybe a better view. Would you believe they moved us to a private dining area! We had a table window side and the blinds were even opened up a little to improve the scenic street view as well. The food was amazing too, Mushroom Ravioli to start, my darling had the Sea bass and I elected for the Kobe strip, melted in my mouth!Special Features:
- Dinner Sept 6DineoutaddictDined on 9/6/2014Upon arriving, the hostess was pleasant and welcomed us with a smile. The server and staff were attentive to our needs and checked back regularly. Both steaks were prepared to the temperature ordered. I couldn't have asked for a better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skimp on the sidesWmW6thResidentDined on 9/5/2014Although primarily known for its steaks, XO is notable for its diverse and delicious side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I brought my brother to XO to celebrate his 22nd birthday! Johnny was our server and his service could not have been any better. He directed us when ordering appetizers and drinks. His recommendations were so helpful and I felt our experience could have not been any better. The food and drinks were top notch. The steak was cooked exactly how we requested, and it was worth every penny. At the end of the meal they brought out a small dessert in celebration of his birthday. I strongly recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Good food, Great Wine, Best ServiceAndrewv20Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I dine at XO once a year for her birthday, and every year we leave extremely happy. This year we brought my parents for my mothers birthday, and both my parents were impressed with the food, wine, service, and overall experience. If we could afford to dine at XO every weekend......we would! Keep up the great job XO! See you next July.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyJoShmo0720Dined on 8/29/2014Everything else about XO was great except the steaks. Or how they were cooked, specifically. I asked for my filet medium well. The waiter suggested I butterfly it to retain moisture. It came out so overdone, it was ridiculous. My husband ordered his steak medium, and it came out closer to rare. In hindsight we should of sent it back, but didn't want to be "those people". Will probably chose elsewhere the next time we want a nice steak dinner.Special Features:
- eaterDined on 8/24/2014Very good steak and a modern atmosphere. Great for special occasions. I liked the selection of "special" prime cuts.Special Features:
- Downtown versus Pepper PikeEdmundFitzgeraldVIPDined on 8/20/2014In general, the food is very good, but I can getting less and less impressed upon visit. Wines are quite expensive - the moderate wines $100 are just run of the mill. Not very busy for a Wednesday night and the service staff although accommodating were not what I expect at more than $125 per person. My experiences at PP were better because the ambience is different. After frequent visits, I am not sure that I will be drawn back to XO Prime at either location.Special Features:
- Almost perfect dinnerEvilroyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had a tempura lobster app and my wife ordered surf and turf. Both times the lobster tail was perfect. I started with "Southern" crab bisque that was the right amount of spicy and very rich. I had the veal special and loved it. My wife's filet was the right temperature, but she asked for it blackened. It came out with house steak sauce on it instead, which was also tasty. The waiter offered to "fix" it, but how? Wait for another filet to be cooked? The appropriate thing would have been to not charge us for the botched steak add-on. That didn't happen. Given that it was a $75 entree, I didn't bother making an issue over the $2. Delicious meal, but in the increasingly competitive local steakhouse market, details separate good from great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointednikkolaCLEDined on 8/9/2014Having dined at nearly every restaurant in CLE, this was my first time visiting XO -- for my anniversary. We were seated outside, as requested. The tablecloth and bread plates were dirty, and the window sill next to the table was filthy. Our server was very friendly but not as polished as you would expect at a high end restaurant. We ordered the lobster roll appetizer, which was good but had very little lobster and only one set of chopsticks. Our entrees arrived shortly after our forks and bread plates were taken, and we had to stare at our entrees while waiting for new forks. I ordered the scallops, which were delicious. My husband ordered a filet medium rare -- his steak was nearly well done -- so disappointing for a steak house!Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayjcfcvaDined on 8/8/2014I took my wife to celebrate her birthday and brought along my daughter. My wife ordered a glass of chardonnay. While it wasn't spoiled, it was the flavor she was seeking. Too fruity I think. No problem says our server, he brings out a glass of a different chardonnay and all is well. I ordered the tempura crab & shrimp sushi was good. My wife was delighted with her beet salad. I had a mixed greens salad (and I had them hold the fennel). It was delicious. We all had filet mignon and they were all delightful. We ordered the creamy corn which was delicious. My wife ordered potato croquettes for a side and she liked them. All in all a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WannabeDrJFinkDined on 8/5/2014Aspires to be New York City's Peter Luger's or Wolfgang's. Priced similarly; food quality misses the mark. Disappointed.
- Nice selection of SteaksBradDined on 8/2/2014I had the Bone-in Ribeye steak, and my wife had the Short Rib osso bucco - Both were good, but feel it was a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual......boomerDined on 8/2/2014This continues to be one of our favorite spots in Cleveland for steaks, if not our favorite...Service was exceptional, as always, Aton, outstanding job! As usual, we can't wait to come back and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dinner. Accommodating.WilliamDined on 7/24/2014Went for my husbands birthday. Had a few special requests and the obliged. Even moved us when a family came in with little kids so we could have a private booth. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excited to try new placesheart2Dined on 7/20/2014Dressed up for a concert, We enter the restaurant about 6:30pm, a server approached us with a confused look and asked"how can I help you? " she lead us passed 2 couples to are table. We ordered drinks and an appetizer of Tiger shrimp, I want unimpressed by the box of small fried shrimp, after what seemed like forever we received are meals, I ordered medallions which were excellent, slightly salty. My boyfriend had fish which was nice but the ravioli that accompanied it was bland, he also ordered small mashed potatoes on the side, this turned out to be a large bowl that could of served 3-4 people. For such an elegant setting and high end price I expect better service time, light music and exciting appetizers.Special Features:
- Always a winner!MouseMom39VIPDined on 7/12/2014Our favorite steak place in Cleveland has always been and continues to be XO Downtown. We took our niece to dinner on Saturday night for her birthday, and everything was wonderful as it always was. My husband's steak was a bit overdone, but it was taken away without argument and a new one..perfectly cooked....replaced it in short order. Our server Johnny was fantastic, and went out of his way to make this a memorable dining experience,,,including creating an amazing dessert for our niece's birthday.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingZoekeDined on 7/5/2014I went to XO steaks for a nice dinner with my fiancee and mother. Our apps were amazing (I recommend the lobster rolls), not the best steak I've ever had in my life but really quite excellent. Overheard (yes I was eavesdropping a bit) a diner at another table tell the waiter his steak was not cooked to the right level, and not only was the steak replaced/cooked longer but the restaurant also took half off the entire table's bill. The employees are so lovely, even down to the busboy who stopped what he was doing to walk me to the bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samsal711Dined on 7/5/2014I made a special order online though OpenTable, and I didn't think they would get the order right.....boy was I surprised!!! Not only did they get it right, they went overboard. Plus the main course was delicious and the atmosphere was very friendly.Special Features:
- XO DisappointsvoicegalDined on 7/5/2014This is a high price steak house. Most of the steaks are $40-$75. Everything on the menu is ala carte. I was on a budget so I ordered a $29 dollar steak. The waiter warned me that the cut of meat had very little fat and might be tough. I thought, "how tough can it be at a place that is this expensive? I ordered it medium to promote tenderness. The answer: The steak was inedible. The chef clearly doesn't want to cook a lower priced cut of beef in a way that it would be tasty-- I felt punished for ordering it. I found the decor and the music very "10 years ago." Don't expect to get out of this place with a bill less than $100 per person. The service was excellent. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great Cleveland Visit!VisitorVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were in Cleveland for the Bruno Mars concert and picked XO because of the reviews here. We could not be happier with the decision. We had a wonderful meal. My son especially loved the tempura fried sushi roll, and our steaks were delicious. There were a couple of kitchen mix-ups with our meal...nothing horrible at all...and our server Johnny worked very hard to make sure that everything was taken care of. He even went so far as to bring my daughter a bowl of the crab bisque when her steak needed a bit more cooking. And the bisque was delicious. When we return to Cleveland we will definitely return to XO. And we will request Johnny as our server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great' Perfect for a birthday.SandyDined on 6/21/2014The food was excellent. Tender, juicy streak and yummy sides. Loved the creamed corn. Terrific service and a great wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014server was extrmely attentive and knowledgeable zbout both food and wine...great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day 2014September2013Dined on 6/15/2014Had a good meal well-accommodated by the kitchen and wait staff ( original Tomahawk steak served overdone). Not our first visit; not our last at the Downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatsyDined on 6/15/2014The food and service at this restaurant are outstanding! Everything we ordered was unbelievably good and the service was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Father's Day DinneronlythebestDined on 6/15/2014We had a seafood platter for an app and it was divine!!! Our steaks was cooked at the correct temperature and my lobster tail was delicious. Lobster mac n cheese and asparagus for our sides. Everything was wonderful!! Bartender, Iris was more than accommodating and so was the server, Tony! Thanks again for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinneratrotdocDined on 6/8/2014Went here do for my birthday recently. Pricey but nothing unexpected for a steakhouse. Had the shrimp cocktail which was delicious, but be warned it is 3 (huge) shrimp. The steak was to die for with roasted garlic and herbed butter. Tried the Mac and cheese with press and prosciutto, very tasty. Truffled creamed corn was one of my favorite dishes ever. Highly recommend! They even did a free dessert for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Love2dineincleDined on 6/1/2014Excellent place for intimate celebration with family! Service from John was great. Made extra effort to make my husbands birthday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAnthonyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Took my family for my niece's graduation dinner. Absolutely Fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redtail55Dined on 5/31/2014Our experience was a very good one as our waiter Johnny took very good care of us. He even provided our guest from Germany with a special dessert that they enjoyed. Thank you Johnny and the rest of the staff for a good experianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I enjoyed a very nice dinner at XO celebrating her birthday. The food was excellent and the service outstanding! We had a great time and a really nice evening.Special Features:
- WonderfulfoodloversDined on 5/30/2014We had a party of 10....all I can say is they where accommodating in every aspect. First we had to change our reservation to a later time and no problem. We had to change times again, no problem. We still arrived late and again no problem. Seated at a table that was well placed and not crowded. Server, Johnny, was outstanding and very attentive. Food was outstanding. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- The following 769 reviews are from the XO Prime Steaks Downtown Cleveland reviews archive.
- Our Waiter Johnnyjimbarb14Dined on 5/25/2014Johnny made our night very special. He did a great job of taking care of us and even made a special dessert to celebrate my birthday. He went above and beyond!!!Special Features:
- First Impression...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I have been to XO many times before, but this was my girlfriend's first time, so I was hoping that the food and service made a great first impression. Our server, Johnny, was both attentive and courteous. He made sure that everything exceeded my expectations, and that the food was cooked perfectly to our liking. The setting was romantic, aside from the noise level. It is difficult to have a conversation without raising your voice to talk over everyone. Overall...amazing food, great service, and an impressive wine and drink list. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- 20th Wedding Anniversary at XOCLEfoodiesDined on 5/24/2014Would like to thank Johnny for making our 20th Anniversary special, we loved that he made a very special dessert for us and was very attentive the whole night. This was our first visit to XO and it will not be the last, the food was great, service excellent and the staff was outstanding. Thank you again for making our 20 years together very special!!!!Special Features: