XO on Elm
827 Elm St.
Manchester, NH 03102Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
XO on Elm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.xoonelm.com/
- Phone: (603) 560-7998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater any event, we offer a variety to choose from our function menu, contact us for further details, we ll do it all!!!!!
- Entertainment: Live music on the weekends in our patio during our summer season. (weather permitting)
- Special Events: We offer a spacious, beautiful function hall. Great for corporate functions, pharmaceutical talks, rehearsal dinners and much more. Offers full bar, dance floor and cater the menu to your needs! Call for more details.
A word from XO on Elm
XO on Elm located in the heart of Manchester features recognizable cuisine from all over the globe with our chef's fresh twist on it, artfully presented and consistently delicious. Upon opening we were featured in The Hippo Magazine for "Best of the Best" and "Best of Manchester" for tapas. We are proud to say our daily specials are the most unique in all of the area. Sit in our dining room or lounge and feel at home while surrounded by beautiful contemporary decor not to mention our one of a kind street side patio, whether it be for a tapa or a signature martini join us on your next night out.We also offer a spacious, beautiful function hall. Great for corporate functions, pharmaceutical talks, rehearsal dinners and much more. Offers full bar, dance floor and cater the menu to your needs!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
XO on Elm - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
XO on Elm reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (18)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Not sure I would go again on a date...waiter was not the best broken English but the waiter that was waiting on the one other table that was there was great. We got one piece of bread each while the other table got a basket of bread. The other waiter took our drink order and took it on himself to come back to ask how they were...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good the first timedleighDined on 11/1/20141st visit - the restaurant, while small, accommodated a group of 8 of us. It was well-decorated and comfortable. The wine list has a nice balance of a lot to choose from without being too overwhelming. The server was friendly, but he gave us too much time to ourselves. The food was very good and everybody enjoyed what they got. 2nd visit - a Saturday night with a friend. It was busy, but they sat us right away with our reservation. We had the same server as the first time who was too busy to listen to the answers to his questions. I felt too close to the other tables on either side of us and had a difficult time being heard and hearing my friend. We enjoyed the food and we enjoyed our cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodforcathVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was delicious as always. Very accommodating. The owner always remembers you and what your preferences are. They even have a gluten free dessert if you like chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is oustandingmeeboDined on 10/30/2014Each time we visit and try something new we find our all-time favorite. Until the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday Night OutEmStapesDined on 10/25/2014Went with the boyfriend for cocktails & tapas...ended up drooling over the amazing entree menu. But the tapas & small plates sounded tooooo good! We got the crab rangoons (best ever), the maple braised short rib, crab cake & calamari. Would definitely go back again. Spent $65 between two of us...a little pricey but I felt like splurging. Waiter was a bit unattentive & awkward but he was foreign & had almost all the tables in the dining room, so I didnmt blame him. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014In town for parents weekend at SNHU. Found the XO on Elm online and it lived up to reviews. Food was delicious (especially stuffed dates recommended by our waitress). We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best eating spothomeisbestVIPDined on 10/1/2014We went for the 1st time a month ago and I felt it was the best eating spot in Manchester so we returned to confirm that. And we again left very pleased. We had a really pleasant evening for $50 with two nice glasses of wine and 4 tapas. The stuffed dates, crab rangoons, lamb lollipops, and cognac meatballs were all wonderful but on our next visit we will work our way further through the tapas. We will leave the entree side of the menu for others to judge but for a bit of an adventuresome, really tasty meal out in Manchester this is hard to beat. The setting was pleasant with nice service as well.Special Features:
- Great tapas!TravelerDined on 9/26/2014Loved the lamb lollipops and wings! And don't miss the sweet potato friesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service, atmosphereHungryNHDined on 9/24/2014The dining room has a modern look, with frosted glass looking table tops, but it's comfortable. The service was good, the waiter was friendly and helpful. I had fish with a citrus sauce, which was fresh and tasty. My wife had wings and a lamb chop aappetizer, which were both good. With appetizers, deserts, and a glass of wine, it came to about $50 a person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonDined on 9/22/2014the food was great per usual however service kind of slow - it was a Monday night and the bartender, a woman, was making drinks and serving us our dinners (5 people). Appetizer ordered at the bar was served after we were seated at the table.Special Features:
- Everything but the filetfirecrackerVIPDined on 9/20/2014I went to XO for a Saturday night date. We made a reservation and they took us right on time. We had an appetizer and a salad, some martinis, and the main course. Everything was excellent with the exception of the filet mignon. The quality of the cut was not what I was expecting. I would go again and would order something other than the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicer in the dining roomEpiceneVIPDined on 9/19/2014There are two seating areas in the restaurant, one near the bar, and a front room facing on Elm Street that is a more dedicated dining area. The noise in the bar area can definitely be robust on a weekend night. Service is adequate, about as good as it gets in Manchester frankly, and the food really is very goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningXOdiningDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance is wonderful ,,the service is wonderful,, staff is very friendly and the food is most excellentSpecial Features:
- NopeLiketoeatwellDined on 9/5/2014Seems to be a dying restaurant in a city with too many mediocre restaurants. Although they have been around for years, on Friday night, we were the only diners at 6:15 PM. Four others wandered in over the next hour and a half. Quick thoughts, the Manchester scene is getting stale and seeing the continual passage of derelicts and and messy looking kids doesn't really draw one it. The resturant's menu is also stale with nothing much added or removed from the last time we were there - over 18 months ago. Very overpriced for the quality of the food and the poor ambiance. Will not be returning.
- first time dinersSharonDined on 8/29/2014Food was great - but drinks took it all. The hot and dirty Martini was the best that I have had anywhere although very pricey $14.00 so I only had one. Loved the crab rangoon with an interesting honey sauce. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Amazing food, place, and service.NialaDined on 8/22/2014Our experience at XO was absolutely amazing and above our expectations. If you're in Manchester and you're looking for a modern and well decorated place with delicious food, don't search anymore and reserve your table. My wife had the duck and the beef entrees were perfectly cooked, well presented, and there size is reasonable. The risotto with the duck will be a charm for your mouth, believe me. To end this fine dinner we had a creme brûlée, and a rum-banana ice cream... Very delicious. Our server (Stiven) was perfect, very friendly, efficient and helpful. He even recommended us things to do and see in Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!ChrisVIPDined on 8/16/2014Sorry to say that the food was really disappointing - the martini was good though!
- Second Visit!mblakeDined on 8/15/2014The last time I went with just my mom. This time was with both my parents and my two boys. Food was amazing, service was amazing! Next time my husband will have to join us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutsideskepticDined on 8/12/2014I rarely have any positive feedback about restaurants, I am tough to please. I thought the service and food quality were excellent. XO exceeded all expectations and stands up next to some of the best food I've had. I recently ate 3 big name restaurants in Vegas, your food quality was as good if not better.Special Features:
- 1ermDined on 8/1/2014Great choice for us....food was excellent as well asSpecial Features:
- Excellentmobrien38Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent food as always. Great place for dinner and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodDiscerningDinerDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food, attentive staff and lovely decor. We came for s special occasion and XO delivered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the XO on Elm reviews archive.
- Decent food, slow serviceObiwanDined on 7/26/2014We went on a Saturday night. We were early about 7:15. It wasn't very crowded. But it took the server about 10 mins after we were seated to come take our drink orders. Service in general was slow, but pleasant. We had Tapas and small plates. They were all excellent, especially the short ribs, except for the flatbread, which was way too strong (too much blue cheese ) and the speciality martini - they call it Latini. - was a bit of a disappointment. Not a bad place, but not everything is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the show!PreShowDeliciousnessDined on 7/18/2014My mother and I had a delicious dinner before the Bruno Mars concert last Friday. We had a 6PM reservation and had plenty of time to snack on several small plates that filled us up before the big show. Favorites included the stuffed dates and ginger wings. Our waiter, Kevin was friendly and accommodating. We dined inside but there was beautiful live music and a lounge atmosphere for the outdoor sidewalk seating, very cosmopolitan. We would definitely recommend XO! It added to our fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting New Place!mblakeDined on 7/18/2014Tried this restaurant out with my mother before attending a concert. The food was exceptional! So many different entrées to choose from instead of the regular mundane. Cocktail list was good and so was the wine list. Definitely would love to come back to try more items off the menu! I would highly recommend getting reservations, as I overheard many people being turned away since they were full - it was reservations only on the Friday night we went.Special Features:
- Long wait!BergenmomVIPDined on 7/11/2014We had a 7:00 res. & were seated at 7:35! The previous party, that sat at 5:00 just would not leave & the staff seemed unable to move them out! Once we sat, things got better. Food was good & service attentive!
- Great placeLuv2dineoutinManchDined on 7/11/2014LOVE that you take reservations! Such a luxury in Manchester. Food was great, drinks wonderful. Service friendly but slow. Will definetly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tapas, poor servicebentleyjrtVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was good and for tapas the portions were decent. The service was not great and when we were asked if we'd like to sit outside, I expected a nice courtyard, not sitting on the sidewalk on Elm St.Special Features:
- Enjoyable foodCarpoolguyDined on 7/11/2014I went here with a party of six and arrived on time 2.25 hours before an 8 p.m. show. The food was excellent, the service not so much, I think primarily because the restaurant was crowded with show-goers and the relatively same arrival and departure times meant that they had a peak load so everyone had to wait a bit. I would go back for the food - I would just make sure that there wasn't any concert playing at the Verizon Wireless arena. We missed part of the warm-up band.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Our reservations were for 6 we were seated right away and given our menus. After looking at menus our waiter asked us for our drink choices we gave them to him along with our first order of appetizers. Our apps came out rather quickly it took another 25 minutes for our 2 martinis. Our waiter told us the bartender was slammed as everyone came at the same time. One of the martinis was so bad we sent it back. I mean really. We the ordered 2 glasses of wine and more apps they came out after 7pm. By now the kitchen was backed up. Poor service and very poor management of the restaurant. Also the hostess tried to help clear table and dropped all the dirty flatware spilling particles of food on my sister.
- Busy nightStrawberryVIPDined on 7/11/2014We called to say we would be late and we were but they held our reservation for us. We were going to see Michael Buble that night at the Verizon center. It was just a few blocks from each other. The waiter suggested we order right away as they were getting ready to get packed because of the concert . So we did exactly as we're told & we were glad the waiter had experience . They drinks and food was delicious! We had an antipasto , wedge salad, I had the fradiablo& my husband had the filet. The chocolate lava cake for dessert was devious too!Special Features:
- Great foodLorianneDined on 7/11/2014We were going to a show at the Verizon, and decided since this restaurant was nearby we would try. The wedge salad was fantastic with great blue cheese and dressing and also bacon,onions and tomatos. y husband had a ravioli filled with beef and extra beef on top and I had baked macaroni with lobster. Very pleasant experience would definetly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Before Show RestaurantFoodieBritDined on 7/11/2014Went to eat here before going to a concert at the Verizon Wireless Center. We ordered 2 tapas and a small plate between us. The food was innovative and delicious. Our server (a woman) was very helpful, and made the whole dining experience really nice. We also shared the creme brulee for desert. I think it is the best creme brulee I have ever eaten,(and I have eaten all over the world,in some very fine restaurants). Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Living Social dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014If I didn't have the Living Social, I wouldn't go back. Service was good, food was good, but ridiculously overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencefoodie123Dined on 7/9/2014I would say overall my experience at XO on Elm was a positive one. The atmosphere is fun and trendy, the food was good and everyone that worked there was friendly. I will say that even though our server was very friendly, service was a bit slow. The table next to us got their appetizers before us and we ordered before them. Not sure if it was because we were using a living social coupon that full paying customers were top priority or not. Even with coupons I always tip based on what the total would be without the coupon therefore I expect the same service. I definitely would recommend ordering a bunch of their small plates and sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseRwhatweeatDined on 6/28/2014Food is superb. Recommend the duck and the salmon. Tapas, small plates and full entrees give you plenty of great choices. Interior Cosmo chic-unusual for Manchester! Only drawback is it took awhile for food to arrive. (But bread they put on the table to appease us was freshly baked and really delicious with the orange butter). Our server was a hoot and was an added positive to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!OpenTableDinerDined on 6/28/2014Parking was NOT easy.... but we had a great dining experience. had the beef raviolis... to die for! YUM!Special Features:
- Something for everyoneleeannieDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I came here with a pair of our friends. All of us had one food restriction or another. Two of us were vegetarians (one of which won't eat eggs), one of us could not eat whole nuts, seeds, or corn, and I am allergic to any and all peppers. We were able to ask the server about the ingredients of each dish. If she wasn't 100% sure, she went and asked the chef. We all were able to find delicious meals that we could eat. Everyone completely enjoyed their dishes and all of us left commenting that we would recommend this to others. I am a Foodie and I don't recommend restaurants easily! The restaurant is just a few blocks from the Verizon Wireless Arena and is a great option for a pre- or post-event meal.Special Features:
- Delicious foodhungrymomDined on 6/27/2014First time here for us. We were celebrating my mother-in-laws bday. There were seven of us. Food was fantastic. Wings and flatbread different and tasty. All of our entrees were wonderful. Steak fabulously perfect and swordfish amazing. Only negative was the inconsistency of service. Very nice server but not attentive. Waited for menus then waited for drinks. Possibly because we were seated on bar side which was noisy. Would have been better seated in front where they are used to larger parties? Otherwise very very nice dinner. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaineGirlDined on 6/27/2014Was in town for our anniversary (14 years!), looking for a special place to dine. I could tell from the online menu this place was going to be great. The food was so creative and the blending of flavors was incredible. Loved this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.