XO on Elm
827 Elm St.
Manchester, NH 03102Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
XO on Elm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.xoonelm.com/
- Phone: 6035607998x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater any event, we offer a variety to choose from our function menu, contact us for further details, we ll do it all!!!!!
- Entertainment: Live music on the weekends in our patio during our summer season. (weather permitting)
- Special Events: We offer a spacious, beautiful function hall. Great for corporate functions, pharmaceutical talks, rehearsal dinners and much more. Offers full bar, dance floor and cater the menu to your needs! Call for more details.
A word from XO on Elm
XO on Elm located in the heart of Manchester features recognizable cuisine from all over the globe with our chef's fresh twist on it, artfully presented and consistently delicious. Upon opening we were featured in The Hippo Magazine for "Best of the Best" and "Best of Manchester" for tapas. We are proud to say our daily specials are the most unique in all of the area. Sit in our dining room or lounge and feel at home while surrounded by beautiful contemporary decor not to mention our one of a kind street side patio, whether it be for a tapa or a signature martini join us on your next night out.We also offer a spacious, beautiful function hall. Great for corporate functions, pharmaceutical talks, rehearsal dinners and much more. Offers full bar, dance floor and cater the menu to your needs!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
XO on Elm - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
XO on Elm reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (12)hot spot (12)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- first time dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great - but drinks took it all. The hot and dirty Martini was the best that I have had anywhere although very pricey $14.00 so I only had one. Loved the crab rangoon with an interesting honey sauce. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Amazing food, place, and service.NialaDined on 8/22/2014Our experience at XO was absolutely amazing and above our expectations. If you're in Manchester and you're looking for a modern and well decorated place with delicious food, don't search anymore and reserve your table. My wife had the duck and the beef entrees were perfectly cooked, well presented, and there size is reasonable. The risotto with the duck will be a charm for your mouth, believe me. To end this fine dinner we had a creme brûlée, and a rum-banana ice cream... Very delicious. Our server (Stiven) was perfect, very friendly, efficient and helpful. He even recommended us things to do and see in Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!ChrisVIPDined on 8/16/2014Sorry to say that the food was really disappointing - the martini was good though!
- Second Visit!mblakeDined on 8/15/2014The last time I went with just my mom. This time was with both my parents and my two boys. Food was amazing, service was amazing! Next time my husband will have to join us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutsideskepticDined on 8/12/2014I rarely have any positive feedback about restaurants, I am tough to please. I thought the service and food quality were excellent. XO exceeded all expectations and stands up next to some of the best food I've had. I recently ate 3 big name restaurants in Vegas, your food quality was as good if not better.Special Features:
- 1ermDined on 8/1/2014Great choice for us....food was excellent as well asSpecial Features:
- Excellentmobrien38Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent food as always. Great place for dinner and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodDiscerningDinerDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food, attentive staff and lovely decor. We came for s special occasion and XO delivered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, slow serviceObiwanDined on 7/26/2014We went on a Saturday night. We were early about 7:15. It wasn't very crowded. But it took the server about 10 mins after we were seated to come take our drink orders. Service in general was slow, but pleasant. We had Tapas and small plates. They were all excellent, especially the short ribs, except for the flatbread, which was way too strong (too much blue cheese ) and the speciality martini - they call it Latini. - was a bit of a disappointment. Not a bad place, but not everything is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the show!PreShowDeliciousnessDined on 7/18/2014My mother and I had a delicious dinner before the Bruno Mars concert last Friday. We had a 6PM reservation and had plenty of time to snack on several small plates that filled us up before the big show. Favorites included the stuffed dates and ginger wings. Our waiter, Kevin was friendly and accommodating. We dined inside but there was beautiful live music and a lounge atmosphere for the outdoor sidewalk seating, very cosmopolitan. We would definitely recommend XO! It added to our fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting New Place!mblakeDined on 7/18/2014Tried this restaurant out with my mother before attending a concert. The food was exceptional! So many different entrées to choose from instead of the regular mundane. Cocktail list was good and so was the wine list. Definitely would love to come back to try more items off the menu! I would highly recommend getting reservations, as I overheard many people being turned away since they were full - it was reservations only on the Friday night we went.Special Features:
- Long wait!BergenmomVIPDined on 7/11/2014We had a 7:00 res. & were seated at 7:35! The previous party, that sat at 5:00 just would not leave & the staff seemed unable to move them out! Once we sat, things got better. Food was good & service attentive!
- Great placeLuv2dineoutinManchDined on 7/11/2014LOVE that you take reservations! Such a luxury in Manchester. Food was great, drinks wonderful. Service friendly but slow. Will definetly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tapas, poor servicebentleyjrtVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was good and for tapas the portions were decent. The service was not great and when we were asked if we'd like to sit outside, I expected a nice courtyard, not sitting on the sidewalk on Elm St.Special Features:
- Enjoyable foodCarpoolguyDined on 7/11/2014I went here with a party of six and arrived on time 2.25 hours before an 8 p.m. show. The food was excellent, the service not so much, I think primarily because the restaurant was crowded with show-goers and the relatively same arrival and departure times meant that they had a peak load so everyone had to wait a bit. I would go back for the food - I would just make sure that there wasn't any concert playing at the Verizon Wireless arena. We missed part of the warm-up band.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Our reservations were for 6 we were seated right away and given our menus. After looking at menus our waiter asked us for our drink choices we gave them to him along with our first order of appetizers. Our apps came out rather quickly it took another 25 minutes for our 2 martinis. Our waiter told us the bartender was slammed as everyone came at the same time. One of the martinis was so bad we sent it back. I mean really. We the ordered 2 glasses of wine and more apps they came out after 7pm. By now the kitchen was backed up. Poor service and very poor management of the restaurant. Also the hostess tried to help clear table and dropped all the dirty flatware spilling particles of food on my sister.
- Busy nightStrawberryVIPDined on 7/11/2014We called to say we would be late and we were but they held our reservation for us. We were going to see Michael Buble that night at the Verizon center. It was just a few blocks from each other. The waiter suggested we order right away as they were getting ready to get packed because of the concert . So we did exactly as we're told & we were glad the waiter had experience . They drinks and food was delicious! We had an antipasto , wedge salad, I had the fradiablo& my husband had the filet. The chocolate lava cake for dessert was devious too!Special Features:
- Great foodLorianneDined on 7/11/2014We were going to a show at the Verizon, and decided since this restaurant was nearby we would try. The wedge salad was fantastic with great blue cheese and dressing and also bacon,onions and tomatos. y husband had a ravioli filled with beef and extra beef on top and I had baked macaroni with lobster. Very pleasant experience would definetly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Before Show RestaurantFoodieBritDined on 7/11/2014Went to eat here before going to a concert at the Verizon Wireless Center. We ordered 2 tapas and a small plate between us. The food was innovative and delicious. Our server (a woman) was very helpful, and made the whole dining experience really nice. We also shared the creme brulee for desert. I think it is the best creme brulee I have ever eaten,(and I have eaten all over the world,in some very fine restaurants). Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Living Social dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014If I didn't have the Living Social, I wouldn't go back. Service was good, food was good, but ridiculously overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencefoodie123Dined on 7/9/2014I would say overall my experience at XO on Elm was a positive one. The atmosphere is fun and trendy, the food was good and everyone that worked there was friendly. I will say that even though our server was very friendly, service was a bit slow. The table next to us got their appetizers before us and we ordered before them. Not sure if it was because we were using a living social coupon that full paying customers were top priority or not. Even with coupons I always tip based on what the total would be without the coupon therefore I expect the same service. I definitely would recommend ordering a bunch of their small plates and sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseRwhatweeatDined on 6/28/2014Food is superb. Recommend the duck and the salmon. Tapas, small plates and full entrees give you plenty of great choices. Interior Cosmo chic-unusual for Manchester! Only drawback is it took awhile for food to arrive. (But bread they put on the table to appease us was freshly baked and really delicious with the orange butter). Our server was a hoot and was an added positive to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneleeannieDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I came here with a pair of our friends. All of us had one food restriction or another. Two of us were vegetarians (one of which won't eat eggs), one of us could not eat whole nuts, seeds, or corn, and I am allergic to any and all peppers. We were able to ask the server about the ingredients of each dish. If she wasn't 100% sure, she went and asked the chef. We all were able to find delicious meals that we could eat. Everyone completely enjoyed their dishes and all of us left commenting that we would recommend this to others. I am a Foodie and I don't recommend restaurants easily! The restaurant is just a few blocks from the Verizon Wireless Arena and is a great option for a pre- or post-event meal.Special Features:
- Delicious foodhungrymomDined on 6/27/2014First time here for us. We were celebrating my mother-in-laws bday. There were seven of us. Food was fantastic. Wings and flatbread different and tasty. All of our entrees were wonderful. Steak fabulously perfect and swordfish amazing. Only negative was the inconsistency of service. Very nice server but not attentive. Waited for menus then waited for drinks. Possibly because we were seated on bar side which was noisy. Would have been better seated in front where they are used to larger parties? Otherwise very very nice dinner. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaineGirlDined on 6/27/2014Was in town for our anniversary (14 years!), looking for a special place to dine. I could tell from the online menu this place was going to be great. The food was so creative and the blending of flavors was incredible. Loved this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeboDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and service. Well prepared and presentedSpecial Features:
- Great good , but pricey03102eaterDined on 6/26/2014The food was very good--he ordered the steak, which was cooked perfectly and I ordered two of the "small plates", one with the lobster over what appeared to be very bland orzo and a plate of mussels, which were very good. The waiter was borderline rude when we asked about the specials, coyly said "everything is special at XO" and abruptly walked away... The main entrees were expensive, ranging frm $25 to $30 as were the desserts were in the $10 range. You'd expect to pay these prices in Boston, but with the amount of choices of great restaurants in Manchester, we probably won't come here again without a coupon.Special Features:
- Great foo but very loudkgmigelDined on 6/20/2014The menu had a very wide breadth and it was ll fantastic. our server was a little slow and the noise level was very loud, even before the place filled up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirgsVIPDined on 6/12/2014Bar needs to add rye to their inventory. Experience did not start off well when waitress didn't even know what rye was! Tapas portions just right size and good for sharing. We had to request extra plates to do so. Also requested lemon for the shrimp appetizer and a single slice was hand-delivered on a skewer! A couple of slices on a plate would have been nice so each diner could have had a slice! Not too impressive for a first-time visit.Special Features:
- A great meal in downtown ManchesterPattiMcCVIPDined on 5/31/2014I made 7:30 reservations for my husband and myself last Saturday, our first time dining at XO. The bar was packed and lively, but we were led to a window table in the somewhat quieter front room where we could watch the parade of people on Elm Street. Our cocktails were well made and generously poured. We started with tapas - escargot for hubby and stuffed dates for me (yummy!) and shared an oversized salad of greens, berries, and goat cheese with a nice light dressing. Our entrees - my duck with risotto and asparagus and his lamb shank - were both cooked perfectly and delicious. Service was excellent. We will definitely return to XOSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantFrancescoDined on 5/31/2014Our party of four really enjoyed everything about this restaurant. We all enjoyed our appetizers, salad, dinner and deserts. All were made with creative combinations of ingredients. Our server, Steve,was very pleasant and attentive to our needs. He was very knowledgeable of the the preparation of the menu items and assisted us in making our selections. We unanimously agreed that this is one of our fav spots and would highly recommend XO to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014best and biggest martini's in NH! food is always delicious!Special Features:
- TapasTracyDined on 5/24/2014There was a variety of items on the menu and we chose to pick from the varied tapas menu. The quail was small and a new food item for us maybe next time I'll pass but we went out on a limb. The dates and bacon combo was amazing. The spinach,blueberry and goat cheese salad was big enough for 2 people to enjoy. The chicken wings had a nice kick to them. Great beer and wine list.Special Features:
- Nice nightJJNHDined on 5/17/2014Very nice dinner ( can recommend the hanger steak and the scallops, creme brulee, the crab cake appetizer was good not great). Friendly, knowledgeable, attentive server. Good wine list. Tables for 2 are very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dream dinning experiencelov2loveDined on 5/12/2014Very impressive over all experience from the welcoming hostess , the spicy Hause infusion martini the stuffed dates the best I ever try, an explosion of goodness and the pomegranate chilli Salmon with risotto superb , our server A+ and ambiance totally in love with it , I can wait to be back , I really miss this place alreadySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I am a vegetarian and my significant other is close. This makes it difficult to find a "good" restaurant other than a standard Italian one. I made reservations after looking at the menu and finding a couple items that I would try. When we went we were both pleasantly received and seated in the lounge. While it was "very" busy and noisy, the only drawback, we were not there to long. Once seated the service was excellent, Steve was our server, Both she and I had the Eggplant Roulades which were by far the best we have ever had. Our server was attentive through out the meal and everything was done promptly.Special Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the XO on Elm reviews archive.
- Dinner DateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014From the Dates to the Truffle to the Dinner Special - Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xo on elmCaitDined on 5/3/2014I have heard so many great things about XO that we wanted to try it out. The meal I ordered was the special and it said it came with shrimp/lobster on top and there was really nothing, I also asked for pasta and no spinach and received spinach and not the homemade pasta as I requested. The other guests ordered the fri davilo and they said the last time was way better, this time looked like they used can tomatoes. Atmosphere was awesome & the waiter was niceSpecial Features:
- Great mealfoodforcathDined on 5/3/2014We ate here last month before a show at the Palace and the owner remembered that I ate gluten free and also what type of wine I liked before I even ordered it. The food is always consistent and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and relaxingDiningduoDined on 4/30/2014We made a last minute weeknight reservation for two. We were seated promptly and greeted by our low key but efficient And friendly waiter. He was helpful with menu questions and special requests for a picky eater. We ordered tempura sweet potato fries and short ribs to start- both delicious. Steak and chicken for entrees were well prepared and strait forward . Dessert was good, but we're not sure the molten lava cake was homemade. All in all, we enjoyed our relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.