103 North Wayne Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.xilantro.com/
- Phone: (484) 580-8415
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Chefs table can accommodate up to 14 guests in a private setting with a 6, 7 or 8 course meal complimented by specialty Tequila cocktails and or wines.
- Private Party Contact: Daniela Guzman 4845808415x
- Special Events: Gringo Night! Every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Learn to dance Bachata and Salsa and practice your Spanish with us!
- Cross Street: Lancaster Ave
- Public Transit: There is a public transit stop only one block from the Wayne train station which makes the commute to Xilantro very easy.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Many parking facilities surround the Restaurant such as the Wayne train station or street metered parking.
A word from Xilantro
Xilantro, Fine Mexican Cuisine & Tequila Bar is proud to introduce the original flair of one of the most rich, succulent, and scrumptious cuisines in the world; The Mexican cuisine.Continued
All complimented with 150 Tequilas in display.
All complimented with 150 Tequilas in display.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Xilantro - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
Xilantro reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (14)special occasion (12)good for groups (12)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- GuacamolelaurieDined on 11/8/2014Best guacamole I have ever had!!! Everyone loved their meals too. Also great margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, beer expensiveBk5108Dined on 10/30/2014Food was delicious and service was great. We ordered two 12 oz bottled beers and they were $8.50 each for a good but not crazy good beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciosoHappyFamilyDined on 10/26/2014This is the place to eat really good enchiladas with mole. Their guacamole is smooth and "rico". Very good house margaritas. A great place to look chic and enjoy the foods of Maya Riviera!Special Features:
- Excellent lunch menuStunaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Meet a friend here for lunch and the lunch specials were great. A soup/salad and an entree for $10 is a great find especially for the quality of the food. I live for Mexican food and felt my craving was satisfied when I left. They are serving upscale Mexican but it is true to its roots with the upscale flare.Special Features:
- early dinnerTStsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Went to an early dinner before a movie and this was the perfect pick. Varied menu with a waiter who knew it well and made good suggestions. Wish it was warmer so we could have sat outside on the pretty furniture with the heaters! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality food and serviceNuttyDined on 9/27/2014Not your standard Mexican variety food - very good quality, great flavor and more "upscale" than your typical taco/burrito restaurant. Dining alfresco was nice, though a lot of traffic in the downtown Wayne area. A bit pricey when you add drinks and apps, but overall we would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MCSquaredDined on 9/26/2014Very good food, very cool place. Will definitely recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Not your ordinary mexican foodgrexisDined on 9/25/2014We went here for restaurant week. This is not your normal Mexican type of restaurant. It is more upscale and trendy modernand tastefully decorated. The food was really good and all tasted fresh. The service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend for a fresh change of place.Special Features:
- Great food, questionable serviceJeanVIPDined on 9/25/2014We arrived and were pretty much ignored by the hostess who was busy fiddling around with the computer. Another group got up and handed her their check with their charge card instructions and she started to take care of them while we stood there. We finally had to ask again to be seated. Not a great start at all. Got a table and ordered lunch but waited a very long time for our food to arrive. One diner left because the service was so slow. Were given complementary chips and delicious home made pico to make up for the LONG wait. Lunches arrived and each dish was delicious. Price was good - 2 item $9.99 lunch special. Clearly they had a kitchen issue today in terms of service but I would go back for the fresh tasting Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MLRW experienceKitkatDined on 9/24/2014Walks at this place and always that it looks cool. Wanted to check it out for Main Line Restaurant Week, so few friends and I decided to go to dinner. The food was really good but we had subpar service. The waiter was kind of negative and a little awkward. The food was all delicious but the portion sizes but very small for dinner. Also, the margarita I got wasn't the one that I ordered, which was disappointing. Overall, I think the restaurant is a little overpriced for what we were seeing... Still had fun, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMainlinegringoDined on 9/16/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Four of us and our entres ranged from steak , to sea food to veggie. Great variety , very well done. The place is very chic and they had a Mexican dancer in full traditional dress. She danced for about ten minutes of the time , so not overbearing. Our night was Mexican Independence Day so the festive , and somewhat loud , stuff was expected. Might have been a bit noisy for a business dinner, but we loved it and had a ball. The server was friendly and very gracious. We will definitely go back , soon.Special Features:
- Service with a smile...CoachDined on 9/13/2014Xilantro is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant with outside seating when weather permits. The food is quite authentic Mexican and the service was impeccable. The decor and ambiance are top notch and the bar is absolutely gorgeous! This restaurant could easily be situated in NYC. Our reservations were ready when we arrived - a great way to begin the night!Special Features:
- Outstanding!LindaDDined on 9/5/2014Our dinner at Xilantro was amazing! I could make a whole dinner just eating their appetizers (the guacamole is green heaven) but do venture into the main courses...you can't make a mistake....this is couture Mexican cuisine!! We're not keen on Tequila, but the wine and bar selections are very will rounded. Our server, Rudolfo was attentive without hovering and helpful in choosing our meal. Looking forward our next dinner at Xilantro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 315 reviews are from the Xilantro reviews archive.
- Nice little find! Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Nice little find! Great food and service. Only issue I had was tables seemed a bit close for having any type of private conversation.Special Features:
- I had heard mixed reviewsEZGourmandVIPDined on 4/1/2013I had heard mixed reviews on xilantro so went with an open mind and was very pleasantly surprised. Not sure what the "bad review" are referring to. I thought the food was excellent as was the friendliness and knowledge of the waiters.
- Really friendly waiter. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013Really friendly waiter. Food was good but noise level is high.
- Nice surpriseLissaDined on 3/29/2013Was surprised to find this upscale Mexican place in the middle of Wayne. Great margaritas and guacamole(fresh). The food was creative and tasty. Nothing was swimming in sauces which I appreciated. Attentive wait staff. Kind of pricy but I would go back.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable dinner! StartedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013A very enjoyable dinner! Started with a guacamole appetizer that was fresh and delicious.Had grouper and shrimp main course served over perfectly cooked rice with asparagus and a killer sauce.Best meal I've had in a while...will be back. The only part of the meal that wasn't exceptional were the chips...too thick for my taste.Special Features:
- unexpectely delicious entreesllreVIPDined on 3/27/2013We weren't sure what to expect our first time there. We each got an entree - one filet w/ chorizo crumbled sauce and one pumpkin seed crusted tilapia. Both were excellent - as good as any upscale restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised, I guess we were expecting maybe a tex mex type menu. Will go back for sure.
- We all loved the hip, vibrantJFPELEDined on 3/17/2013We all loved the hip, vibrant atmosphere. Our waitress was warm and attentive and the entire staff was friendly. The menu offered so many inventive takes on Mexican fare, we all had a hard time deciding what to get. The guava-glazed salmon, pork medallions, arrachera steak and seafood enchiladas all proved to be winners. Would definitely return, though be warned: some of the spicier options really do have a kick!Special Features:
- over priced. equally creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/13/2013over priced. equally creative Mexican offerings available elsewhereSpecial Features:
- not so good - second timeVonna2870Dined on 3/13/2013not so good - second time there - still waiting for a good experience - both food and service wise. hate being stuck between two other couples when there are plenty of private tables available. food - just ok - service - too obtrusive
- Taco Tuesday is a great! LargeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2013Taco Tuesday is a great! Large selection of tacos and great priced drinks. I would recommend it for a great midweek dinner treat.Special Features:
- The food and service weredanaDined on 3/12/2013The food and service were really good at Xilantro. I'm not crazy about the decor. I found it to be overly modern and cold for my taste. It could be that our table's proximity to the entrance on a cold night had something to do with it. However, the main color that was used to decorate the space is not my favorite - green apple. I found it to be a jarring color, not warm and soothing. Nevertheless, I would go back....for the food and service!Special Features:
- Xilantro is overpriced consideringJordanVIPDined on 3/12/2013Xilantro is overpriced considering the lack of complexity of their dishes and poor presentation. The food is nothing to write home about. The ambiance, however, is great.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013We had a great dinner and a great time. Our server was wonderful and all the staff were very friendly. Will return.Special Features:
- Feliz comidamerdealorsDined on 3/9/2013Food is excellent, decor is perfect, lighting is perfect as well.Special Features:
- Had been looking forward toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/9/2013Had been looking forward to eating here. Wine list came, very limited selection (1 Chard, 1 cab etc ) and they didn't have any bottles left of what we wanted. On a Sat night. No other substitutes were available. Then the appetizers. Guacamole was good but the chips that came with them were so salty they were inedible. Main course. Filet with andouille sausage - horrible and looked even worse. Enchiladas with seafood - very bland. Mahi Mahi was best thing. Zero vegetables as sides. Just dried out refried beans and white rice. At almost $30 an entree!! Would not go back.
- Must go!KouturrkVIPDined on 3/9/2013Great restaurant! Great food great service great prices!Special Features:
- The service is excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013The service is excellent, friendly, and efficient; the atmosphere, edgy and stirs with excitement.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013wonderful food, great service, and well worth the money!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed my dinner here.beersnob82Dined on 3/1/2013Really enjoyed my dinner here. The food and drinks were fantastic but the service is what will have me coming back. Our server, Rodolfo, was awesome! He was not afraid to make great recommendations when it came to both food and drinks. Get the Guacamole!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinner.pcje4VIPDined on 2/24/2013We really enjoyed our dinner. The food was great, the chips were excellent and freshly made and the guacamole was also so fresh and delicious. We could go just for that! The rest of the meal was wonderful and the service was great. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The food was OK. The pricesPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 2/23/2013The food was OK. The prices were way too high for Mexican in Wayne. I went because I had a groupon. If I had another one, I might go back
- Love this place. Always myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013Love this place. Always my first choice when I have the chance to get out for dinner.Special Features:
- Halppy National Margarita Day!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013We went with a party of 6 to celebrate National Margarita Day. I could not have imagined a better time even if we had been at one of the Margaritaville Restaurnats (and I've been to 4 of them). The food was superb, the tequila amazing, Margarita drink specials outstanding and service superb!! Their guacamole was the best I have ever had. It is so fresh and not oversalted the way some can be. It was perfect and the perfect accompaniement for margarita's. Every member of our party was totally impressed!! Will definitely go back there again!!! We will be celebrating every Feb. 22nd there!!Special Features:
- Poor service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Poor service, mediocre food and they ran out of guacamole and two of their four desserts.
- Wonderful Valentine's dinnerpopsDined on 2/14/2013We had a great Valentine's dinner ! Food was excellent
- Go to Xilantro in WayneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2013An attractive interior, very good food (my mole was almost as good as that found in Oaxaca), a very fine drink list, and a wonderful waiter, four of us had a very enjoyable dinner. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Not a fanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2013Very very disappointed in the food, We were a party of six, We started with the house made guacamole, it was loaded with so much jalapeno pepper rendering it difficult to eat, having 4 12 year olds with us, you'd think they would have offered it mild, I can't imagine the American palate could handle that kids of heat, but ok. I had a vegetarian enchilada, that was so poorly prepared, that I didn't eat any of it, which didn't matter at all to the server, I did inform her I didn't care for it, but she didn't take it off the bill. It came with a side of flag rice, which was terrible, red, green and white rice scooped with an ice cream scooper, all served barely warm, place is really cool, as well as the bar, but even the drinks weren't good