362 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.xian90210.com/
- Phone: 3102753345
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 2:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in catering! Whether it's a small, intimate gathering or a full blown party on or off site, we have the set-up for it.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private Shoji Room offers dining for parties of up to 28 persons. Call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Cece Tsou 3102753345
- Entertainment: We have an HD flat screen at the bar for those who don't want to miss their favorite team game or award show.
- Special Events: Come dine with us every year for Chinese New Year! Every year marks a celebration of the year to come with special dishes and surprise entertainment!
- Cross Street: Brighton Street
- Public Transit: Regular bus stops on Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Surrounding streets offer one-hour metered parking until 6:00 pm daily. Parking garages offering 2 hours free parking a block away, between Brighton and Little Santa Monica, South side. We offer valet daily starting at 6:00 pm.
A word from Xi'an
A Beverly Hills favorite since 1996, Xi’an has a vibrant atmosphere with a beautiful patio for outdoor dining, full service bar, and private dining for large parties. Beautiful, elegant and contemporary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Xi'an reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (8)special occasion (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great service not great goodCraigbDined on 8/29/2014I've eaten at many Chinese restaurents and really expected better. Probably some of the blandest Chinese food I've ever had. Unfortunatly. The service was exceptional though.
- LoveLondonDined on 8/24/2014Bad service, average food,expensive and noisy. We asked for 3 main couses and only one arrive. The other two, including the rice arrived 20 min after when the first one was already cold!
- Wasn't happy with our choicesFriedmansVIPDined on 8/20/2014Perhaps we can return and order different dishes but two out of our three entrees were very disappointing. The Orange Chicken appeared to be missing the chicken. It tasted like orange flavored fried chicken skin. Order white meat only if you want chicken. I have had decent meal in the past so I believe it is all about ordering the right dishes.
- Great dinnerHappyMomCvilleDined on 8/17/2014With two kids in tow, we were looking for good food near out hotel. Xi'An has really good Chinese food and they are willing to accommodate special orders. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Great food...unique dishes, excellent service. Very friendly staff from top to bottom.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014I really enjoyed the food but our waiter was so disappointing. Prolonged periods of absence. Brought wrong order. Looked miffed when I reminded him he he'd forgotten dishes we'd ordered. No apology...nothing . Too bad he ruined what could have otherwise been a very nice evening.
- Xian is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Never Been here before came with low expectations left completely satisfied and have already spoken to friends about going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Way too noisyGiGiDined on 7/13/2014We often don't go there because of the noise level and when we do plan a meal at Xian we go there really early before it gets too noisy. I think they should try to do something to lower the decibel level but then they are so popular that I guess they don't have to worry about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service par excellenceNewMamaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Hostess came to make sure all was well. Dish came with bell peppers. I'm allergic. They were apologetic n promptly replaced. Dish was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 6/11/2014I love the fish and the new Xian bowl and the protein pleasure. Also great for vegetarians and vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 161 reviews are from the Xi'an reviews archive.
- Birthday LunchHawk12Dined on 5/21/2014I came here for lunch with six girlfriends for my birthday on a Wednesday. Noon was a perfect time to get here, it got busy with the lunch crowd around 12:30 or so. The service was great & the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fresh veggiesoutoftownerDined on 5/16/2014I loved the fresh vegetables that they use. Xian's wonton soup and Three Flavors Seafood were exceptionally good.Special Features:
- Chinese Beverly Hills styleLEHAVIPDined on 5/8/2014Wonderful food, friendly waiters, always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Mouth WateringLizzieismVIPDined on 5/3/2014This upscale Chinese restaurant is not to be missed. The food is consistently delicious, the restaurant is contemporary and tastefully, simply decorated. There is an outside patio in front of the windowed, comfortably sized restaurant and a portion of the dining area is able to be closed off for private parties or a slightly more quiet area. The portions are ample. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. There is valet parking available , street parking or a 2 hour municipal lot nearbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 4/20/2014Love the Wonton soup and Chinese chicken salad. As an entree we are always watching our weight so we get the green beans and beef tenderloin on rice sticks. So delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beverly Hills Good FoodBerlyhillsdiningVIPDined on 4/19/2014If you need a place to eat in Beverly Hills try Xian - good food, good atmosphere and great service-as well as eating outside is special!Special Features:
- AHG5VIPDined on 4/6/2014Even on a Sunday evening, you should make a reservation. Food is wonderful. I go there at least once every time I am in LA.
- Horrible serviceMEB1Dined on 4/4/2014The service at this restaurant was just horrible. The server was so slow. He finally would bring out a couple of orders where others had to wait for theirs, for a long, long time. He forgot to bring out certain sauces that we asked for. I asked again for extra lemon so he proceeded to go over to the bar area, grabbed one lemon wedge, and then handed it to me, with his bare hand. No thanks. It took forever to have the dishes cleared as well. The restaurant was very loud, acoustics were terrible, and we could barely hear ourselves talk. I wrote to the owner, via email, have yet to hear back. All the people in our party of 5 agree that we would never go there again.
- We have been to Xi'an severalKristyDined on 4/3/2014We have been to Xi'an several times. Overall, the food is qood. Some dishes are better than others. We tried the crispy beef, and boy, was it crispy. Wouldn't do that again. However, I did like the Mongolian Beef dish. Pot stickers were yummy too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is very difficult to findOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/2/2014It is very difficult to find really good Chinese food. I've sampled in many cities; the best so far was Epcot. X'ian came very close, if not nearly equal, to the only other place that I ever enjoyed Chinese food, plus atmospher too!! My husband and I enjoyed the evening with our son. It was a bummer that our daughter missed joining us but she did enjoy the leftovers. We did order extra, knowing we'd bring back to hotel for her! A really yummy meal!Special Features:
- excellentzsofiDined on 3/17/2014I was only there for a quick dinner -- I sort of wish I had more time to linger and try everything on the menu. The food was excellent, and service was very fast, although we were there pretty early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good....tried a fewgoodfoodluvVIPDined on 3/6/2014always good....tried a few dishes that i was unfamiliar with....always good to try new items. the peking duck pancakes were divine. looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014I dine here often with my friends. The food is always fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, slow serviceChefChutneyDined on 2/23/2014The food is truly outstanding. We had the Miso Black Cod, the Tuna Tartare on Rice cakes, the Kung Pao Chicken and the Spa Rice. Everything was very flavorful and tasty. We sent the Kung Pao back because it wasn't spicy enough and they happily whipped up another batch. The cocktails are very tasty and worth the price, however it took ours 30 minutes to arrive, so dont go there thirsty! In general a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in XianwestsidefoodieVIPDined on 2/21/2014Food is the same - okay - portions seem smaller and the prices are higher. All in all, disappointing.
- So salty!!!!Foodie18VIPDined on 2/18/2014We had the chicken & the fish- both so overly salty it was difficult to eat. Both dishes were listed on the menu as being heart healthy so we were definitely not expecting an abundance of sodium.
- Great Food, Well Priced, professionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2014Great Food, Well Priced, professional polite staff! A very nice dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Healthy ChinesestudentVIPDined on 2/1/2014I have celiac disease, so it's hard for me to eat chinese food. This restaurant understands gluten free and has many options for me to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chinese new year's celebrationCHIPVIPDined on 1/31/2014Always love going to Xian but it was extra fun this Chinese New Years! Live performance 'Dragon Dance' with music...so fun! Also special "new years' dishes prepared for good luck and prosperity that were delicious! Always a great time with good food and ambiance at Xian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better to go when there'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2014Better to go when there's no lunch rush. The biggest problem is the hostess: rude and unfriendly.
- One of the worst servicesnotgoodDined on 1/29/2014One of the worst services I have had at any restaurant! Not only forgot our order but rude when we asked about it! As I was leaving disappointed about the food and the service I noticed it has a "B" rating! Never again!
- love the food here, but assharonDined on 1/25/2014love the food here, but as it has lots of families, it is quite noisy and lots of kids running around. other than that - the dishes are great, as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale ChineseZippermanVIPDined on 1/9/2014Food is always well prepared and excellent quality. Sometimes service can be inconsistent, but Mr. Tao is the very best if you can get him. He has great suggestions and makes sure you will be happy with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chinese RestaurantChengVIPDined on 1/8/2014Xi'An has authentic Chinese food as well as incredible service. My glass of water was never empty there. As a Chinese, I highly recommend this place if you want Chinese food in a good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Xi'an, was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/7/2014Dinner at Xi'an, was wonderful as always. The food is fresh and prepared perfectly. The hostess and the servers were friendly and attentive. It seems to be the perfect neighborhood place as we saw several friends that evening.Special Features:
- Delicious!shirinVIPDined on 1/5/2014I been going to this restaurant for 3 years and never had a bad meal, always delicious and the price is great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was not asOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/5/2014The restaurant was not as good as I remembered - maybe we ordered the wrong things. I was hoping for a good Sunday night local Chinese restaurant for an early dinner with the kids but am not sure I would go back. Service was good, and it is reasonable.
- restaurant was decorated andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2013restaurant was decorated and festive on New year's eve...food was delicious and staff was warm and friendly; there was no set menu and no hiked up prices! they passed out champagne at 9PM and we watched the New Year ball drop in Times Square..fun!Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2013I have discovered that at Xian you cannot venture much outside of what you know or you can be disappointed. The walnut shrimp tasted like frozen boiled plastic and was a huge disappointment. The amount of wonton soup you get for $6.95 is the smallest bowl i have ever seen at a restaurant and definitely not for sharing. The lettuce cup w chicken should have some veggies. Potstickers great. Mongolion beef great. Made the mistake of the everything fried rice and it was ruined by the frozen plastic shrimpSpecial Features:
- Awful!toyboyDined on 12/30/2013This was the second time in the past 3 months that we have gone to X'ian. The food was not good for the second time..tastless and overpriced for the portions. Nothing tasted very fresh and all was either over cooked or under cooked. The service was very good however. We have been there several times in 2013 and don't plan on going back again in the future. We have taken our adult children and they did not like it either maybe you have to be a "regular" to have decent food.