10628 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://xenlounge.com/
- Phone: 8185053513
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00pm -12:00am; Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Neil Shuman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only)
- Private Party Facilities: XEN also offers a VIP dining room with a grand glass table, polka-dot walls, crystal chandeliers, and eccentric adornments. Two patios create alfresco outdoor living rooms/lounges
- Private Party Contact: Marie 8185053513
A word from Xen Lounge
XEN Lounge is a fresh concept featuring an elegant dining experience and cocktail lounge that evolves into a nightlife hotspot. XEN stands out among the emerging vibrant dining scene on Ventura Boulevard with its chic design and innovative menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Xen Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sunday brunchsophiaDined on 1/5/2014I went for the gospel brunch on Sunday. It seems like a new endeavor for the restaurant so there were not many people there but I had a great time. The food is amazing and it's a nice energetic Sunday vibe.Special Features:
- Magnificent!Ely22Dined on 12/8/2013the Gospel brunch did not disappoint. It was off the chain and the singers came through the door with the anointing. This place will prosper as God shows up and shows out! The only thing I did not like were patrons who were stuck to their cell phones texting --especially when people were giving their testimonies. HOW RUDE! Xen lounge needs more people to attend who will appreciate the experience and blessings! Service and staff were excellent as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Much...LACriticDined on 10/29/2013Overpriced to appeal to a certain demographic. Pretentious to appeal to the psuedo Hollywood elite. However it lacks quality character and genuiune realness.
- Zen at XenDee12Dined on 10/15/2013I had a guest visiting from New Jersey. She is friends with Tisha's family, so she already knew about Xen prior to coming. She LOVED the ambiance and the vibe. I always bring my out of town guests here. It would also make a great date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicelnicoleDined on 10/5/2013I made a rsvp for my birthday dinner, prior to my arrival I called to confirm the time and the number of people in my party. I spoke to the manager ASHLEY and was told by her everything was good if I have any problems to ask for her. when my party arrived at 9pm we were told that they were over booked and could not accommodate us. after about 30 min of trying to get her to understand the only resolve was for us to set at a table inside but we only had a hour before we would need to get up. we took the table and rushed though the hr. five mins till THE TIME we were asked to get up. the hostess and the manager were both very rude and the night was completely embarrassing for me.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2013I was extremely disappointed with Xen Lounge. we had reservations but were forced by the sarcastic "door man" to wait in line with people who had not made res. After finally getting in we were left to figure out where to go to get a table. We finally had to ask a gentleman to move that was seating at a reserved table. I will say the servers were pleasant. Unfortunately our food did not come out at the same time. My order took over 40 minutes. I was informed that my food was taken to the wrong table. Drinks were good. The food was okay... Not worth the 75$ bill. Our server had accidentally put another tables drinks on our tab and we were charged 18% for a table of 2 which didn't match what the menu stated. Really wanted to like this place.Special Features:
- Could be top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2013Xen has the potential to be a very wonderful, elegant, fun night out location for dining, music or hanging with friends. The food was very tasty and unique. The ambiance is fabulous. The vibe is cool. The drinks were a little weak during and after happy hour. The main thing that keeps Xen from being top notch was the customer service. My party and I arrived well after 7pm, which is the time happy hour is supposed to begin. No one was available at the valet. We had to go find someone to help us. Even still there was no one to let us in through the ropes. Once inside there was no one at the reservation desk to help us. It was as if they were not prepared to open. This lowered my first impression that this place is upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceLittlejelloDined on 8/2/2013Food not good, not enough choice, to much fried food. Drinks alright at best. I had been last year about same time and had a much better experience...not sure what happened!
- Very RomanticNushDined on 7/17/2013My boyfriend and i wanted to go to a bice romantic place, lounge type. We searched and Xen came up. On the internet they said they open at 5pm but when we actully arrived they said they open at 7pm an our reservation was at 7:15... The person who got our seat was very polite and did everythibg to get us a olace we wanted. Wenwanted outside on the couch to have privicy. Witvh was perfect. The vibe was perfect there was not alot of people , only thibg we did not like was the waiter for the other group checked on them more often theb ohr waiter. But iverall it was a cool .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xen Lounge is excellentgREATDined on 7/9/2013THE ATMOSPHERE, FOOD, SERVICE, AND ENTERTAINMENT WAS WONDERFUL! I WILL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for me!DisappointedDined on 6/28/2013This place is not somewhere that you want to go for dinner. I would suggest that you eat elsewhere and go here for late night drinks. I was really disappointed considering who the venue is owned by.
- Xen Lounge experienceShaniBaniDined on 6/13/2013My friends and I were on vacation and were looking for trendy hot spots for dinning and entertainment. Xen Lounge was very lovely and a wonderful atmosphere. The overall experience was great. The night we attended was comedy night and it was indeed funny, There were some great celebrity comedians there that truly made everyone laugh and they too were also sociable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tish TuesdyCaribbeerDined on 5/7/2013Overall I was expecting a more serene exhotic ambience.....hostess needs to be a bit more accomodating to customers especially first timers ....it was almost a push on the money aspect of the night than comming to dine and enjoy the place and entertainment .... BUT put all that aside Tisha and hubby was so down to earth and her performance was AWESOME!!!! And so was everyone else who performed ... It was worth the money .... I left knowing when I visit CA again I will make it a must go to for a hang out.....now I know what to expect....I believe with time it will get better.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XEN LOUNGESHUTTERSDined on 4/26/2013Sexy atmosphere, mix of celebs and late-nighters. Love the DJ! Fab events during the week. Menu is good until you get to the end. The deserts are not good. The chocolate cake was dry, the chili Ice cream is nasty, the red velvet pudding is deceiving.Special Features:
- Menu offered at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Menu offered at the restaurant was different from what was offered on the website menue however everything we ordered was very good. Based on the website we expected to order the salmon, shrimp or chicken entres so we were a little disappointed we were unable to select any of those. The DJ was great, we enjoyed ourselves and will go again.Special Features:
- We celebrated my birthdayfoodieatheartDined on 4/13/2013We celebrated my birthday here and had a great time. From the moment we arrived we felt taken care of. Our server Jackie was one of the best waitresses I've ever had. Very attentive and she knew her stuff. One person in our party had a concern about a drink being too sweet and Jackie put her mind at rest by saying "try it and if you don't care for I'll get you something else, no problem." And that she did! All the food came out promptly and delish. Even a birthday song spun by the DJ and sparklers with 2 other servers! Very festive. The scene was quiet when we arrived but was hopping and vibrant when we finished. Had a great meal and a good time with friends. We all had awonderful time and will be back! The mac-n-cheese cupcakes are a mustSpecial Features:
- Visit Xen! You'll go again & again.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Every time I have had the pleasure of visiting there has been some new, fun, and entertaining. Xen brings it every evening apparently. Any number of celebrities will mic in the crowd on any given night. Tuesdays are open night and Tisha Tuesdays, Thursday is comedy night. It's always free to get in Xen, so come with an empty belly buy done food and support the establishment! Xen is an A+Special Features:
- My only concern would be theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013My only concern would be the lack of parking if you arrive prior to the valet.Special Features:
- Nice hot spot in the ValleyCynCityDined on 3/12/2013We went for a special event, Tuesdays with Tisha. Where else are you going to be able to see such phenomenal & often celebrity talent singing alongside a talented & phenomenal celebrity on her own, Tisha Campbell-Martin...in the Valley, at a quality venue, with a nice menu, no cover and complimentary valet?! Shut the front door! They also have a lovely outside patio that would make for great romantic outdoor dining...don't worry it won't get too chilly, they have heat lamps. It's also would make for a cool girls night out, with a nice cocktail list and a simple but good small plates menu. The RedVelvet Bread Pudding was pretty amazing! Overall just a darn good place if you're looking for a good time out.Special Features:
- JussBeEazyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Burger was one of the best I've had in Hollywood. The music was surprisingly mellow and very good. Made the dining experience very pleasurable. I was happy to even be able to sit and enjoy the basketball game.Special Features:
- Sorry, but this is such aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Sorry, but this is such a "wanna-be in-place" with bad bartender, only 2 premium vodkas, wine list is embarrassing (plus 3 wines were not available), waitress knew nothing about food. Half empty on Valentine's Day dinner, so the word is getting out. It'll be gone within 12 months.
- Though smaller than I envisioned,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013Though smaller than I envisioned, a very nice laid back place with a friendly crowd! Great food and good drinks!!! Out side area is also very nice a great place to groove and hear great live music! Met Duane Martin, one of the owners, who was 'very' gracious even as I interrupted his private gathering in the back!Special Features: