110 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.xanhrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (650) 964-1888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:30pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Thuy Pham
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Xanh offers lunch and dining catering. Please email all catering request to email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Xanh offers three private room options with a maximum capacity of 60 ppl sitting and up to 250 ppl standing. Please email all private dining request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Seren P 4088380566
A word from Xanh Restaurant
Xanh, with its cutting edge contemporary design and a more diverse, innovative menu, is tailor made for entertaining and dining. Clearly not your typical Vietnamese Restaurant, XANH is a 21st century interpretation of that beloved culinary tradition retaining the essential elements of the classic but updating it for a new generationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerVietnamese
Xanh Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mountain View ›
Xanh Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (76)good for groups (67)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (49)neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (42)hot spot (42)great for lunch (31)romantic (21)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Ambiance great, food was notLeahVIPDined on 11/20/2014Food was overall okay but expensive for what you got. Lots of let downs and we tried a variety of items on the menu. Some foods are very traditional (our shrimp came with the head and she'll still on) and some are very American fusion. In order to set standard for guests it's best to choose one way or the other. Nice decor inside and definitely feels like a hotspot but somewhere to just grab a drink not an entire meal.
- Smelly FishHomieVIPDined on 11/18/2014Sad, since my office is on Castro and Xanh offers the closest Viet Fusion Option. We asked for main course 'best dishes' and were pointed to shaking beef and seabass. The beef was fine, but, I could smell the seabass the moment it was set on the table. Seems that the entire kitchen staff and the waiter, who carried quite some distance have olfactory issues. My associate insisted to eat some and that ended up in his napkin. We could have sent it back, but, I consider that a fatal error and will simply not go to Xanh again.
- Authentic vietnamese, but has gotten too sweetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014Great selection of authentic Vietnamese and good service, but the food was just too sweet. All the sauces seem to taste alike and was sugary.Special Features:
- Outstanding !!!yogachick28Dined on 11/9/2014I recently made reservations for a large group of 16 for a Birthday party. I requested a quiet area of the restaurant since we had a couple of hearing impaired guests. Xanh accommodated the request to the best of their ability and everyone had a GREAT time. The service is OUTSTANDING and the food is FABULOUS !!! Several of our friends raved about the food and they will be returning on their own. We were already fans of the restaurant, and eat there whenever we get over to Castro Street.Special Features:
- Service can be improvedYaelbDined on 11/8/2014When my daughter arrived they couldn't find her on the reservation, after they called me a day before to confirm the reservation, my daughter and her friends (it was a big a group) ended up waiting close to 45 minutes for a table. Food is always good, but service was mediocre.Special Features:
- Xanah DinnerDinner42VIPDined on 11/7/2014Nice ambiance along with good food. Sat in the back room service was very good, but several main dishes were cold & needed to be sent back. The bar area is extremely noisy, since this was a Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour but poor serviceAbbadabbadooVIPDined on 11/7/2014Xanh has a great happy hour menu 4:30-6:30 on weekdays, with delicious apps and decent drinks. I go regularly, but the service never fails to disappoint. It takes at least 10 minutes to find a server to order, and you have to flag them down to get them to come back. On my most recent experience, the server got 3 out of 7 items wrong, didn't apologize, and didn't make any change to my bill. Service for lunch/dinner is much better.
- Nice decoration, so so foodKhoaNguyenVIPDined on 11/5/2014Nice decoration and a good place to have business lunch or dinner. The food is so so and nothing to brag about. I prefer Tamarind over this one.Special Features:
- Polished food, beautiful settingEatsoutoftenDined on 10/28/2014Have enjoyed this restaurant since its earlier incarnation across the street. The food continues to be creative and consistently delicious and the service more than accomodating, with the bonuses of a beautiful, modern setting and a fun cocktail list. The only drawback is that it can be noisy but our last dinner at Xanh happened to be on a quiet night--5 stars for our most recent experience!Special Features:
- Worth the drive from San JosefoodfanVIPDined on 10/27/2014The Happy Hour food and drinks are such a value. Special thanks to our server Fatima who was so attentive and made us feel special!Special Features:
- Love the Happy Hour!sakuraVIPDined on 10/26/2014I frequent this place often for their HH. Highly recommend their kamikaze wings (HH only), popcorn chicken (HH only), basil fries (HH only), & Viet tacos (3pc). Their dinner menu offers good Vietnamese dishes, including vegetarian options (look for the green V), & gluten free options (ask for their menu). Try these! Ahi Tuna Tartare, Fried Calamari, Xanh Salad, "Pho me, Pho you", New Zealand Rack of Lamb, Coppa Tri-Bana While their items are more on the pricier side and many would complain about this, it is a family-owned FUSION Vietnamese restaurant located in downtown Mountain View, with a wonderful ambiance. So please, if you're looking for cheap Vietnamese food, go to a regular pho restaurant down the street; Xanh is not for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!claireeatsDined on 10/25/2014Delicious food, the service wasn't bad either! Great atmosphere, the architecture and decorations are very modern and food presentation as well. Would go more often if the food was less pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceSophieAndyDined on 10/24/2014Lots of good choices and everything was very tasty. The Seabass was a little 'fishier' than the last time we had it, but otherwise, everything was delicious. The satay was great. The crispy egg rolls were great and 'bigger' than we expected. The garlic noodles were ok. the string beans in peanut sauce was tasty. The korean beef was very tasty.Special Features:
- bayarea4FoodDined on 10/17/2014Good place, great ambience. Fine dining place for special occassion with decent food optionsSpecial Features:
- FoodbryafDined on 10/17/2014Selection of food at the lunch buffet was excellentSpecial Features:
- Loved itDavidL40Dined on 10/15/2014A group from work went for dinner and we had a great time. The food was truly extremely good. The jalapeno calamari was the best calamari I have ever had. The curry seafood and vegetable dishes were excellent. Its great for a group of friends to get together, have a great food, drink and hang out. Its probably not a great place for a quiet romantic dinner but the decor is fresh, modern and very clean. The service was good and the staff was friendly.Special Features:
- lunch with the gangdhilly50Dined on 10/14/2014We ate at the lunch buffet. The food was hot and well presented. We enjoyed the beer with lunch. Overall great open air spot. However it is close to the train which does interrupt a conversation. :)Special Features:
- Our favorite in Mountain ViewDisappointedVIPDined on 10/12/2014We love this place, and we're glad they're back on OpenTable since we stopped going there when they were off OpenTable. Interesting and tasty appetizers. Fun cocktail selections Great entrees to share or enjoy individually Nice design inside, and comfortable sidewalk seating outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern interior, Good FoodredpandyDined on 10/10/2014I chose this place for a weekly team lunch. I've had my eye on the bold, modern sign for a while but never ended up making it. Let's just say I wish I had come here sooner. Nice modern interior, really helpful staff, large diverse lunch buffet. The only challenge to me is parking (well, it's lunch on Castro) and getting a table. Thank you OpenTable and Xanh.Special Features:
- I'm addicted!CannidyDined on 10/9/2014Consistently fantastic. Drinks & food ares spot-on every time!Special Features:
- Busy restuarantfoodexplorerDined on 10/8/2014Decent fusion asian/vietnamese food. Good cocktail list. Nice dessert list. Like their small plate choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Happy hour food/drinks are good but the buffet lunch is TERRIBLE. Food/Pork chop was cold, dry, no good. Not sure what we were eating since everything was all mixed up in some sort sauce. Only people want some cheap, QUANTITY lunch would have lunch here.Special Features:
- Different experienceRosesDined on 10/4/2014We loved it so much last time, but it was totally different experience. They might change a chef- duck wasn't appetizing at all, appetizers were lucking of taste- you could feel only heat.Special Features:
- Good food, great service!eLJCDined on 9/29/2014We have been to Xanh several times and have always come away delighted, though sometimes stuffed! We have eaten inside (very nice) and outside (lovely). The food is excellent and quite varied. Service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, noisy train, small portionsMichelleDined on 9/25/2014I think I could tolerate 2 of these 3 things, but all three just made up for a surprisingly disappointing experience. Also, while the people-watching is good for sitting outside, you may want to avoid sitting outside during Caltrain rush hours. The food is tasty, but for modern Chinese cuisine, I would have expected it to be healthier. I got the duck main course and it was literally duck and rice - modest portion at that, but with no vegetable accompaniment. One of my faves, coconut rice was just "meh" - shrimp puffs were stellar shining star, but what that's fried food isn't good? Finally, not sure why this restauant comes up under searches for "vegetarian" (at least on Yelp) as there are no non-meat main courses.
- Used to be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I have frequented this restaurant for many years. In the last year I've seen the service and food slip. Shrimp is easy but no longer good. The sea bass is now tiny. It's too bad because my friends and I used to think this was a great place.
- Get the Grapefruit SaladwiscDined on 9/20/2014If nothing else, do that. Duck Duck is also great, as are many others... Consistently lovely.Special Features:
- Vibrant RestaurantNoraDined on 9/17/2014My friends and I went to have lunch at Xhan. They have an excellent buffet for lunch for a very reasonable price. The buffet offers a large variety of food. It offers fish and meat as well as a vegetarian variety. It can be noisy when it's full of people and noisy from its location just across of the train station. It has nice space to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperiencestephinnycVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had a variety of appetizers - all which were very good. I was impressed with the service and graciousness of the staff. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We were four seniors fully enjoying delicious food, out of doors. Being outside helped us to hear one another well. The server was attentive and gracious. We ate all appetizers which were fabulous.Special Features:
- Friday Night's ServiceDinnerBoyDined on 9/12/2014Our Friday night's service can be best described as "Choppy". We never could figure out who was our wait person. Our drink order was so late, they comped it.Special Features:
- my favorite lunch buffetNanhiDined on 9/10/2014The lunch buffet is consistently awesome. They present a wide variety, including several vegetarian options. The food is flavorful and delicious.Special Features:
- overall great resterauntDavidDined on 9/9/2014beautiful looking and very tasty food. nice decor but acoustics make the inside very noisy. Excellent service - all together very positive.Special Features:
- Great food and vibe!EricVIPDined on 9/9/2014I always enjoy dining at Xanh. The food is outstanding, with many unique and flavorful dishes, and the restaurant has a great vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK, Service ConfusedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014We sat by the window which was fun for people watching but the train that goes by was a bit disruptive (every ten minutes we pretty much had to stop our conversation). We were there during happy hour...so we had some appetizers...all of which were very good. Then we ordered the main course I had a noodle dish...which I thought was a bit bland...nothing special really. My friend had salmon which he enjoyed. Long time ago I visited Xahn at their previous location and I though that was excellent...so this was a bit disappointing. The service also seem confused, there were a lot of people coming by our our table, but at one point when one of them said that our server will be right with us...I really couldn't tell you who that was.
- Xanh. Keeping up their excellence.Epoq3Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten here a few times. Xanh really tries hard -- nice ambience, great food, terrific staff, although a bit expensive. I have to emphasize two points in particular: excellent presentation, and a wonderful staff.Special Features:
- consistently good foodsuchfoodieDined on 9/4/2014I've always loved dining at Xanh and introduced a lot of friends and co-workers to this restaurant. This last experience unfortunately was a tad lakcing in attention to detail. Food was great as always but we were celebrating a birthday and the server did not even mention it. This was a departure from most of the other restaurants we've been at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to take friendscakoleDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant is a treat. It is a great place for 4 or 6 to share small plates...they are all wonderful and served beautifully in varied bowls, plates, lots of eye appeal but the food is interesting and delicious. It is on our list of favorites!Special Features:
- Perhaps they have a new chef?HiGeoffVIPDined on 9/3/2014What happened? I'm a fan of Xanh but this time the food was sorry but terrible. The garlic prawn was so tough and I left two pieces! Also, the signature "Shaking Beef" was awful. Not as good. I didn't say anything as I had my clients with me and didn't want to ruin the atmosphere. In fact, I came to Xanh with the same clients and they wanted to come back and I brought them back to Xanh. I'm not sure if there is going to be another time.Special Features:
- Love it!MarshieDined on 9/2/2014This was my second visit this week and 3rd this month. Great place to meet friends for the busses lunch and fabulous inexpensive place for cocktails and appetizers during happy hoursSpecial Features: