110 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.xanhrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6509641888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:30pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Thuy Pham
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Xanh offers lunch and dining catering. Please email all catering request to email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Xanh offers three private room options with a maximum capacity of 60 ppl sitting and up to 250 ppl standing. Please email all private dining request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Seren P 4088380566
A word from Xanh Restaurant
Xanh, with its cutting edge contemporary design and a more diverse, innovative menu, is tailor made for entertaining and dining. Clearly not your typical Vietnamese Restaurant, XANH is a 21st century interpretation of that beloved culinary tradition retaining the essential elements of the classic but updating it for a new generationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Xanh Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)good for groups (63)great for outdoor dining (48)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (42)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (35)great for lunch (27)romantic (25)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- bayarea4FoodDined on 10/17/2014Good place, great ambience. Fine dining place for special occassion with decent food optionsSpecial Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Selection of food at the lunch buffet was excellentSpecial Features:
- Loved itDavidL40Dined on 10/15/2014A group from work went for dinner and we had a great time. The food was truly extremely good. The jalapeno calamari was the best calamari I have ever had. The curry seafood and vegetable dishes were excellent. Its great for a group of friends to get together, have a great food, drink and hang out. Its probably not a great place for a quiet romantic dinner but the decor is fresh, modern and very clean. The service was good and the staff was friendly.Special Features:
- lunch with the gangdhilly50Dined on 10/14/2014We ate at the lunch buffet. The food was hot and well presented. We enjoyed the beer with lunch. Overall great open air spot. However it is close to the train which does interrupt a conversation. :)Special Features:
- Modern interior, Good FoodredpandyDined on 10/10/2014I chose this place for a weekly team lunch. I've had my eye on the bold, modern sign for a while but never ended up making it. Let's just say I wish I had come here sooner. Nice modern interior, really helpful staff, large diverse lunch buffet. The only challenge to me is parking (well, it's lunch on Castro) and getting a table. Thank you OpenTable and Xanh.Special Features:
- I'm addicted!CannidyDined on 10/9/2014Consistently fantastic. Drinks & food ares spot-on every time!Special Features:
- Busy restuarantfoodexplorerDined on 10/8/2014Decent fusion asian/vietnamese food. Good cocktail list. Nice dessert list. Like their small plate choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Happy hour food/drinks are good but the buffet lunch is TERRIBLE. Food/Pork chop was cold, dry, no good. Not sure what we were eating since everything was all mixed up in some sort sauce. Only people want some cheap, QUANTITY lunch would have lunch here.Special Features:
- Different experienceRosesDined on 10/4/2014We loved it so much last time, but it was totally different experience. They might change a chef- duck wasn't appetizing at all, appetizers were lucking of taste- you could feel only heat.Special Features:
- Good food, great service!eLJCDined on 9/29/2014We have been to Xanh several times and have always come away delighted, though sometimes stuffed! We have eaten inside (very nice) and outside (lovely). The food is excellent and quite varied. Service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, noisy train, small portionsMichelleDined on 9/25/2014I think I could tolerate 2 of these 3 things, but all three just made up for a surprisingly disappointing experience. Also, while the people-watching is good for sitting outside, you may want to avoid sitting outside during Caltrain rush hours. The food is tasty, but for modern Chinese cuisine, I would have expected it to be healthier. I got the duck main course and it was literally duck and rice - modest portion at that, but with no vegetable accompaniment. One of my faves, coconut rice was just "meh" - shrimp puffs were stellar shining star, but what that's fried food isn't good? Finally, not sure why this restauant comes up under searches for "vegetarian" (at least on Yelp) as there are no non-meat main courses.
- Used to be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I have frequented this restaurant for many years. In the last year I've seen the service and food slip. Shrimp is easy but no longer good. The sea bass is now tiny. It's too bad because my friends and I used to think this was a great place.
- Get the Grapefruit SaladwiscDined on 9/20/2014If nothing else, do that. Duck Duck is also great, as are many others... Consistently lovely.Special Features:
- Vibrant RestaurantNoraDined on 9/17/2014My friends and I went to have lunch at Xhan. They have an excellent buffet for lunch for a very reasonable price. The buffet offers a large variety of food. It offers fish and meat as well as a vegetarian variety. It can be noisy when it's full of people and noisy from its location just across of the train station. It has nice space to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperiencestephinnycVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had a variety of appetizers - all which were very good. I was impressed with the service and graciousness of the staff. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We were four seniors fully enjoying delicious food, out of doors. Being outside helped us to hear one another well. The server was attentive and gracious. We ate all appetizers which were fabulous.Special Features:
- Friday Night's ServiceDinnerBoyDined on 9/12/2014Our Friday night's service can be best described as "Choppy". We never could figure out who was our wait person. Our drink order was so late, they comped it.Special Features:
- my favorite lunch buffetNanhiDined on 9/10/2014The lunch buffet is consistently awesome. They present a wide variety, including several vegetarian options. The food is flavorful and delicious.Special Features:
- overall great resterauntDavidDined on 9/9/2014beautiful looking and very tasty food. nice decor but acoustics make the inside very noisy. Excellent service - all together very positive.Special Features:
- Great food and vibe!EricVIPDined on 9/9/2014I always enjoy dining at Xanh. The food is outstanding, with many unique and flavorful dishes, and the restaurant has a great vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK, Service ConfusedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014We sat by the window which was fun for people watching but the train that goes by was a bit disruptive (every ten minutes we pretty much had to stop our conversation). We were there during happy hour...so we had some appetizers...all of which were very good. Then we ordered the main course I had a noodle dish...which I thought was a bit bland...nothing special really. My friend had salmon which he enjoyed. Long time ago I visited Xahn at their previous location and I though that was excellent...so this was a bit disappointing. The service also seem confused, there were a lot of people coming by our our table, but at one point when one of them said that our server will be right with us...I really couldn't tell you who that was.
- Xanh. Keeping up their excellence.Epoq3Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten here a few times. Xanh really tries hard -- nice ambience, great food, terrific staff, although a bit expensive. I have to emphasize two points in particular: excellent presentation, and a wonderful staff.Special Features:
- consistently good foodsuchfoodieDined on 9/4/2014I've always loved dining at Xanh and introduced a lot of friends and co-workers to this restaurant. This last experience unfortunately was a tad lakcing in attention to detail. Food was great as always but we were celebrating a birthday and the server did not even mention it. This was a departure from most of the other restaurants we've been at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to take friendscakoleDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant is a treat. It is a great place for 4 or 6 to share small plates...they are all wonderful and served beautifully in varied bowls, plates, lots of eye appeal but the food is interesting and delicious. It is on our list of favorites!Special Features:
- Perhaps they have a new chef?HiGeoffVIPDined on 9/3/2014What happened? I'm a fan of Xanh but this time the food was sorry but terrible. The garlic prawn was so tough and I left two pieces! Also, the signature "Shaking Beef" was awful. Not as good. I didn't say anything as I had my clients with me and didn't want to ruin the atmosphere. In fact, I came to Xanh with the same clients and they wanted to come back and I brought them back to Xanh. I'm not sure if there is going to be another time.Special Features:
- Love it!MarshieDined on 9/2/2014This was my second visit this week and 3rd this month. Great place to meet friends for the busses lunch and fabulous inexpensive place for cocktails and appetizers during happy hoursSpecial Features:
- Not as good as I remember....OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/31/2014The meat in the beef pho was cut in huge uneven chunks and the broth was not hot enough to really cook the meat enough. Additionally, the grapefruit salad was served in a very dirty (fingerprints all over outside, and spots) clear bowl. VERY UNAPPETIZING!!!! I have been to Xahn often, but this was a huge huge turn-off!
- Not like it used to bemarkDined on 8/30/2014Portions are smaller. food is not as good. service is not as good
- Slipping?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was considerably poorer than the previous times we ate there. Calamari were over breaded and the shrimp with noodles were over sauced.
- Well, it looks goodSoaringVultureDined on 8/29/2014The bar was really loud; the noise carried over into the dining area and it was hard to hold a conversation. Our appetizers (Ahi tuna and papaya salad) were spectacularly presented but did not taste very special. Similarly, the entrees looked enticing but tasted dull. I rate it as a disappointment.Special Features:
- Neiborhood gemMarshieDined on 8/29/2014I love this restaurant and come here as often as I can. Their lunch buffet is excellent and only $12 for all you can eat of probably 30 dishes. Their cocktail hour is fabulous! Fancy drinks are only $5 and plea tiful appetizers are $5 each. 3-4 appetizers with drinks make a nice dinner for 2 for cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service.CB27Dined on 8/27/2014Great service. Friendly host, server. Great food. Fun drinks. Little noisy but good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go back!liv2eatDined on 8/23/2014This place was a great Vietnamese restaurant with Thai influence as well. The presentation of the food was fabulous and it was all delicious! The wait staff were very attentive, even though they happened to be short staffed. This place was recommended by someone in the area, as I was just in town for the weekend. Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but loudSusanfromSJDined on 8/22/2014The food is excellent. Interesting flavors and nice presentation. It was a bit quieter in the back room but still got loud at times. If you want outdoor seating be sure to request it when you make your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible cleanliness&great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014my table was not cleaned, the table cloth paper was oily. my water glass had few hairs and took so long for server to change it. food came out so long too.
- Excellent food in a great settingBiggerEyesVIPDined on 8/1/2014Xahn has some very well executed dishes. The lunch buffet is plentiful, and everyone will find something they enjoy.. Great value at lunch as well. The place itself is done up very nicely, and the wait staff is attentive and attractive as well.. Can't go wrong here..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014I'm not sure what happened but I hosted an informal Happy Hour here a couple of months ago and it was great...now, not so much. Not only do you have to go through their event planning to make reservations for 10 or more people, but when we made the reservations for 10, they were extremely rude to my group and gave our table away...there wasn't anyone there so I'm not sure who they gave our table away too. The place was fairly empty so it seems like everyone got fed up with their service (I know that I'm not going to plan another Happy Hour there...). Xanh was awesome before but now it's not... :/
- Good Food, Horrible service!!MutantxDined on 7/25/2014It took them 45 mins to get me my Beer. Food which came out was really good, but pathetic service.Special Features:
- Good Food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2014The menu has many good choices both for appetizer and the main dish. The quality of food is generally quite good and reasonably priced. The service is slow. The waitresses are perhaps overwhelmed and not very attentive. So it can get a bit frustrating. But overall good place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- katodaDined on 7/14/2014Lunch is below the expectation. The dinner was very testedSpecial Features: