Xai Xai Wine Bar
369 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AfricanPrice: $30 and under
Xai Xai Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.xaixaiwinebar.com/
- Phone: 2125419241
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: African
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: 50 seated and 75 standing, space for 12 at the bar and summer sidewalk seating is scheduled.
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Hira 2125419241
A word from Xai Xai Wine Bar
Notoriously know as a great date spot, Xai Xai captivates and charms in true African style. A blend of rural and urban vibes mix with primal rhythms to create an enchanted experience that can be enjoyed over a glass of wine. Inside Xai Xai, high ceilings are streaked with wooden beams, supported by massive ancient cypress logs, rising from warm slate flooring. Textured plaster gives way to bone white driftwood and earthy brick walls are enhanced by recessed lighting and candle light.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Xai Xai Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Amazing Food, Service Needs HelpPapaJulietZuluDined on 8/14/2013I took my girlfriend here on our one year anniversary (since it was our first date). The food and the wine are spectacular. A home run for date night. But the service was awful. We had to hunt them down for menus, another bottle of wine and finally the check. And whenever I did go find the waiter (who was 10 feet away) I always found him on Twitter on his phone. Still, the food and drink can't be beat. Won't say it's a bad review because of one overly lazy waiter. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHappyCollegeFoodLoverDined on 8/7/2013Went here to eat before a date to see a show. We had an amazing time. Our favorites were the Sangria and cheese we got. 100% Recommended. Only tip, apparently the restaurant has trouble with getting the bookings from Open Table. If you are going at 7, or are in a rush call ahead to make sure they have your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sad to see what has happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2013I love Xai Xai and was excited to take my parents there-- perhaps I should have known better than to go on a holiday weekend, but the service was so poor that I was embarrassed to have told them I liked the place. The food was fine, but the ripped seats and completely uninterested or absent service made the experience a negative spot in our day. When the maitre'D is present, it remains a lovely place, but with just the bartender providing service-- don't go!
- Staff was so warm it was likeFrequentDinerVIPDined on 1/30/2013Staff was so warm it was like being in their home! Food was great and waiter kept wine flowing!Special Features:
- Safe spot for a quiet glass of wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012It's a great spot but doesn't seem like too many people frequent this place anymore. Decent wine list. Cocktails were mediocre. Food is assembled behind the bar so that's a turnoff that everything is precooked and just heated and plated for you.
- Best Wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/22/2012Me and my date ended up being there for some drinks. Must say, they have the best wine collection and server are very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andyumyum10Dined on 12/21/2011The food was excellent and great for sharing. Nice ambience too.Special Features:
- Such a great find! Went withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2011Such a great find! Went with two friends from South Africa. We each had a small plate and shared a dessert...they were very impressed! Staff was friendly, and so accomodating. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Really cool place. The staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2011Really cool place. The staff is very friendly and the food was just great. The small plates were filling, tasteful and a few adventuresome. Overall, definitely a place to return to over and over.Special Features:
- Service was top-notch whenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2011Service was top-notch when I went with friends this past June 2011. There are many small plates/tapas style dishes to choose from - South African specialties. Dessert was extraordinarily unique - again, a handful of South African sweets - Kook Sisters was what I tried. That was glorious. The wine selections here pair with everything supposedly, and yes, our server was absolutely right!Special Features: