X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
71 Water Grant Street
Yonkers, NY 10701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xaviars.com/
- Phone: (914) 965-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter X. Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson is Peter X Kelly’s latest addition to the Xaviars Restaurant Group. It sits in the water on the only turn of the century Victorian pier still in use on the Hudson River. X2O’s Main Dining Salon's 25 foot vaulted ceiling and 3 walls of glass frame offers views of the George Washington and Tappan Zee Bridges, as well as sunsets over the Palisades. Guests encounter dishes incorporating classic French technique with Italian and Spanish influences, and Asian embellishments which create a wholly original cuisine unique to the Hudson Valley. The Dylan Lounge is a vibrant, up-tempo space with a sophisticated and playful bent that offers guests more dining options. Guests are invited to sample a variety of small plates and sushi, while dining at the Communal Table, sushi bar, or at traditional banquette and table seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson - Best Restaurants in Yonkers ›
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
563 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (475)special occasion (448)fit for foodies (380)romantic (318)good for groups (160)notable wine list (153)neighborhood gem (150)great for lunch (150)great for brunch (141)hot spot (85)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Frank's ReviewFrankieDined on 11/23/2014It took us a while to get the items that they pass before our appetizers came. We had to ask a couple of times if they'd be coming by. Other than that everything was great. The food was delicious! And the views are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my boyfriend's birthday the food was greatPhee36Dined on 11/22/2014Phenomenal atmosphere for a birthday celebration . It was the boyfriend's birthday he enjoyed himself . The service was great , food was spectacular and overall setting was phenomenal 🙌 . The staff made my boyfriend's special memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time's A Charmgumbo183Dined on 11/22/2014This was my third dining experience at X20 and like the prior two, it did not disappoint. Brilliantly executed inventive dishes, crisp friendly service and a killer view. What could be bad? We had a slight wait at the bar but I didn't even finish my drink before our table was ready. Her Ladyship's steak was a bit overdone but everything else was spot on. A special dinner for a special night. Exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!BeachgalDined on 11/16/2014My husband & I were so pleased and impressed with your experience that we were still talking about it today! Great wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealFabulousDined on 11/16/2014We visited during Hudson Valley Restaurant week. Bar was lovely. They seated us at a window table (floor to ceiling windows) with a beautiful view of the GW Bridge. Service was excellent and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu entrees at X20 XaviarsHartsdaleDined on 11/16/2014Our X20 dinners always exceed expectations. Even with all tables occupied, the service and courtesy are automatic. Suggestion to reduce extreme noise levels in restaurant dining room during peak times would be to restrict reservations to parties of 4 because tables with 10-12 guests are exceptionally loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, good food, and great service!darlingdivineDined on 11/16/2014Went during restaurant week, since it was less expensive...not sure I'd want to pay full price for the food. Everything tasted good, but it just wasn't amazing. Perhaps all the reviews/ratings raised my expectations to high. All the staff were friendly and very, very attentive-- that was appreciated! The place is surrounded by water, but if you go at night ask for a window seat, as its hard to see the water from the middle section. If I go again, it'll be while the sun is out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drqueDined on 11/16/2014Whenever we go to X2O, the atmosphere is comfortable, the view of the Hudson and Manhattan lovely, the wait staff welcoming and always helpful. Dinner this evening was superb (as always). The risotto and the steak were great and the chocolate dessert was sinfully delicious.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedSandiDined on 11/16/2014We made our reservation according to X20's Restaurant Week listing for lunch for four persons. However, when we arrived, we were told they do not serve lunch on Sunday and we were charged the $45 pp rate for brunch. I showed the maître'd (Jamed) their entry in the restaurant list on line. X20 had no exclusions listed, as other restaurants did, but we were not accommodated. It was very disappointing and quite a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceIforkNYDined on 11/16/2014The food and service were excellent, I intended to go as part of the restaurant week promotion. I looked at the menu online, saw that there were no exclusions and went ahead to make lunch reservations for 1pm Sunday trough opentable. We arrived on time and the server handed us an identical menu to what was on the HVRW website however I was informed after our meal that sunday brunch was excluded and as a result our bill was 45/pp instead of 21/pp. It was an excellent meal I just wish that it had been mentioned in the exclusions and next time I will be sure to call the restaurant ahead of time. Lesson learned – I would recommend to friends and family the service was incredible and it was an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed With X2OMattVIPDined on 11/15/2014We've visited X2O on multiple occasions, and have always been extremely satisfied. However, this was the first time we did so during Restaurant Week, since it also happened to be my birthday. Regrettably, we believe the food, service and entire experience were all 'discounted' just as the price was. Service was lackluster and inattentive, portions were smaller and of lesser quality than usual...and to boot, my birthday was forgotten, even though my wife had prominently mentioned it in our Open Table reservation. Rest assured that this review is not affected by my forgotten birthday, since the four of us mentioned (amongst ourselves) the inferior quality of the meal and service throughout our experience. I hope and trust restaurant management takes this criticism constructively, so that even though our experience was inferior, maybe others won’t experience similar dissatisfaction. That said, I'm not certain we'll be visiting X2O again, sorry to say.
- fun, great food and viewsdininghealth1VIPDined on 11/15/2014I have always wanted to go to x2o and went there for restaurant week. It did not disapoint. The food was served beautifully and creatively and tasted just as good. THe portions were not large, but delicious and was more than enough with the 3 courses that were served. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or just a splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOnlygoodfood4meVIPDined on 11/15/2014Went for Hudson valley restaurant week and their menu was full of delicious options. Unlike other restaurants, X20 did not add supplemental charges. A class act. When they ran out of a dessert option that was gluten free they offered an item from their regular menu. Service, food and atmosphere all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsCheeseloverDined on 11/15/2014We have dined here many times and have always loved it. We had friends in from out of town and were hoping to impress them. I did not realize it was Reataurant Week- the crowd was ridiculous! Thus the service was way off- not good at all. We had a table for 4 that was smack in the center of a busy area- the service area- people- including the staff were constantly bumping into my chair and my husbands. It seemed like extra tables were added and crammed in to accommodate for Restaurant week. The woman serving us- who appeared to be a head waiter not a waiter- was not attentive. Usually service is excellent. It appears they do not handle huge crowds well. We had planned on going here for Thanksgiving but based on Saturday night , we will not .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrible experience.sandpsimbazuzuDined on 11/15/2014See private note. There was nothing good about our experience. The service was as bad as the food. NOT value for money!!!!!
- Great Dinner With A ViewTommossiningDined on 11/15/2014We decided to go to X2O because of it's reputation and scenic location on the Hudson River. The menu and wine list were extensive and would satisfy most tastes and pocketbooks. We were pleasantly surprised we dined during the last weekend in Westchester Restaurant Week and were able to take advantage of the specials. Staff were very attentive without overbearing and food was served in appropiate times between each course. Between the four of us we had several diffefent appetizers with a risoto dish, tuna tartar and butternut squash bisque. All were delicious and highly recommended. For our entrees we split between the salmon and pork chop dishes. Again both were delicious. It was a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- X2O Does a great job for Restaurant WeekDoctorBDined on 11/15/2014For years, I've gone to many places for Restaurant Week, with mixed results. Quite simply, our meal on Sat. Mar. 15 was the most enjoyable Restaurant Week special dinner I've ever enjoyed. The choices were ample & interesting, all culled from the regular menu (which was also offered to us). There were at least 6 choices of appetizer & of entrees, with seafood well represented. Butternut squash soup was "to die for." Salmon, bass, & trout were all very well prepared. A special of shrimp & scallops "En feneille" gave 3 huge prawns & 4 huge scallops, with delicious root vegetables in a tasty sauce, topped with a roll of delectable puff pastry. The wine offerings were nice & some could be specially paired with your dish. For dessert, chocoholics like me adore Peter's "Belgian Chocolate Dome" which combines a rich chocolate mousse with a crème brulee center wrapped in a dark chocolate shell. This was certainly a bargain for $30 prix fixe. As usual, the service was attentive without being overbearing. Nice views up & down the Hudson (easy to see the NYC skyline & the TZ Bridge) add to your enjoyment. This has been one of my top favorites for many years, & they once again proved why they deserve such high praise. Even if it's normally a bit too rich for your budget, try it for Restaurant Week next time & you'll fall in love at first bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/15/2014Each visit to this beautiful restaurant is outstanding..food, service and ambiance...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoDelightedCustomerDined on 11/14/2014They could have made us feel like we were really patrons. Instead, because we were there for restaurant week, they stuck us upstairs ... away from the full paying customers. The service was excellent - staff very friendly and cordial. They made the experience much better than it could have been. The food was decent, as expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2014One of our favorite restaurants that is consistently a notch above the rest. And what a wonderful restaurant week experience, too! We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an excellent choice for my birthdayalanengineerDined on 11/14/2014X2O was a wonderful experience. No one will be disappointed with its wonderful menu; fish to fowl to beef, there was a superb offering to everyone at the table. Our wait staff was fully attentive, and anticipated our every need. Lovely venue and more than adequate separation of the tables so that we were never bothered by the people at the adjacent tables. We went for 'Restaurant Week' and they offered an extraordinary choice of meals for every course. The complete menu did not appear so much more expensive, but there was no reason to consider that menu when the ''special" menu was much more than expansive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJBDineVIPDined on 11/14/2014Food was very well prepared and served, high quality service, overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My party of 4 was disappointed with our entrees.StefaniaVIPDined on 11/14/2014Friday, Nov 14, 2014: My party of 4 was disappointed with our entrees, they lacked flavor and were dry. It seemed they were prepared ahead of time and were luke warm. I will attribute this to HVRW. The first time we were there the food was impeccable! Thank goodness we paid HVRW prices! Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodfanVIPDined on 11/14/2014Peter Kelly provides the same superb food during restaurant week as he does the remainder of the year. This is rare and greatly appreciatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but unevenjackDined on 11/14/2014Several entrees arrived lukewarm and one was even returned and was replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch during Restaurant WeekSailorjayDined on 11/14/2014Not realizing it was Restaurant Week on the Hudson, we went to celebrate a birthday. All my fears of poor service or uninspired food choices went out the window from the first cheerful greeting. It was a delightful lunch with attentive service and really tastey appetizers, entre and dessert for a very reasonable prix fix. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerMiiiccciiiDined on 11/13/2014We went on a chilly, rainy evening so the view of the Hudson River wasn't spectacular. Service was good. They constantly came to check up on us but not in an annoying, in your face type of thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining Great Deal for Restaurant WeekBOTUDined on 11/13/2014If you only have one choice for Restaurant Week, X20 is the place to go. Food is exceptional, every time. The Restaurant Week menu has choices for all palates, and there are always additional choices. While most of the menu items are on the regular menu, other selections are in the same style of excellence. There are no bad choices, the only difficulty is picking one over all the others. Come with a large party that doesn't mind sharing, so at least you can get a taste of the menu selections you didn't choose but might when you return, Coming back isn't a case of 'if' but 'when'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurant.GOODDined on 11/13/2014We have dined at X20 many times over several years. The food is imagintevely prepared using fresh seasonal ingredients. The menu is varied and the dishes are beautifully displayed. We have had birthday parties and other special events at X20 and never been disappointed over many years. Peter Kelly, the owner and chef is as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JannnieDined on 11/13/2014X20 is a very beautiful and elegant restaurant and the food and service are the best in the Lower Hudson Valley on the west side of the river!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but good.blueDined on 11/12/2014Had a great time at X2O during restaurant week -- which is a great time to go there, honestly. Generally, I find the prices at this restaurant too high during regular service, but during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week they have an excellent prix fixe menu. Very creative food. Interesting molecular gastronomy additions like pistachio foam. Nothing else like this in Yonkers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 11/12/2014Enjoyed the view of George Washington Bridge. Very crowded because it was in the middle of Hudson Valley Restaurant Week as usual and expected. Tasted a special of the day-- Tuna Avocado Tartar for apetizer, Honey and Sake Glazed Salmon for entrée, and Deconstructed Hudson Valley Apple and Cranberry Cobbler for dessert. They were all good. The owner chef came out to bye guests at entrance.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious dining experience as usual.DonnaDined on 11/12/2014From apps to dessert, it was so delicious. We were expecting a bit of a frenzy with it being restaurant week, but it was done so smoothly - credit to your efficient staff. We loved the fact that there were a few more "add ons" to your fixed restaurant week menu; it felt special. We recently moved to Hudson Park and will be making that our go-to place for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Westchester CountyAlanVIPDined on 11/12/2014Always busy, Xaviar's on the Hudson, deserves it's outstanding reputation. We went with another couple for Restaurant Week, and we dine there at least three times a year. Service was unusually slow -- never experienced this before. The owner and chef, Peter Kelly, is always a class act. He's also a smart businessman who puts his finest dishes on the reduced menu menu and adds specials each day. The wine list is well selected. Views of the Hudson cannot be beat. There is reduced fee valet parking ($3) and reservations are always honored on time. You could not choose a better restaurant for dinner anyplace! Go! I hope you find this review helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellencePERCY1Dined on 11/12/2014The choices offered for RW were varied and excellent. The servers were attentive and pleasant. Everyone who we encountered on staff contributed to making this an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekCherpVIPDined on 11/12/2014I started with an egg custard dish which had a delicious flavor, but it was served lukewarm. My brook trout was pleasant, but not memorable. My husband started with a tempera tuna roll that he was quite pleased with. He followed that up with a rack of pork that was excellent. He had banana bread pudding for dessert, which was superior to the almond cake that I had. The service was very attentive. The dining room is cavernous and rather stark. The lighting is a bit off. That said, the room is organized in an efficient manner. We were unable to appreciate the water views because it was dark outside. Therefore, we would like to return for brunch so we can better appreciate the setting.Special Features:
- Everything PerfectDuckyVIPDined on 11/12/2014The ambiance in a well lit pier is spacious. The views from anywhere in the room is beautiful. The menu choices are always welcoming. The food is gourmet and prepared to perfection, always moist and flavorful. A place for any occasion. Everything is consistenly done well. The wait staff is very attentive and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janegoldVIPDined on 11/12/2014Absolutely wonderful and delicious on all levels... and the view is extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like no other dining experience!KayCeeDined on 11/12/2014I don't talk while eating at X20 . . . I'm in foodie heaven, and want to concentrate on the flavor picnic going on in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A splendid lunchFoodieDined on 11/12/2014I've been here several times but this meal was particularly outstanding. The waitstaff gave us just the right amount of attention as we enjoyed three delicious couses. A shrimp and scallop dish was tasty and perfectly prepared,drinks were great, and a black truffle risotto was to die for. I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.