X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
71 Water Grant Street
Yonkers, NY 10701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xaviars.com/
- Phone: 9149651111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter X. Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson is Peter X Kelly’s latest addition to the Xaviars Restaurant Group. It sits in the water on the only turn of the century Victorian pier still in use on the Hudson River. X2O’s Main Dining Salon's 25 foot vaulted ceiling and 3 walls of glass frame offers views of the George Washington and Tappan Zee Bridges, as well as sunsets over the Palisades. Guests encounter dishes incorporating classic French technique with Italian and Spanish influences, and Asian embellishments which create a wholly original cuisine unique to the Hudson Valley. The Dylan Lounge is a vibrant, up-tempo space with a sophisticated and playful bent that offers guests more dining options. Guests are invited to sample a variety of small plates and sushi, while dining at the Communal Table, sushi bar, or at traditional banquette and table seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson - Best Restaurants in Yonkers ›
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
425 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (372)special occasion (339)fit for foodies (265)romantic (235)great for brunch (121)good for groups (120)notable wine list (116)great for lunch (112)neighborhood gem (98)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- NYCfoodieDined on 9/14/2014We've eaten at all of chef Peter Kelly"s restaurants and the quality of the food at each is always excellent. X2O is no exception. Combine that with a scenic view of the Hudson River makes dinning at X2O an exceptional experience. I also liked that they allowed us to choose any appetizer, any entrée, and any dessert on their menu with our Groupon.Special Features:
- Outstanding!KristyDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful meal with perfect service, such a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodKPccDined on 9/13/2014We have been here several times and we are never disappointed. Everything form the service to the food to the ambiance and view of the Hudson always make this a special night out.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Had high expectations, didn't even come close to them. Went for anniversary dinner. Ambiance was nice. Started with a couple drinks the Tuna Tartar and the Squash Soup. Tuna was OK, my wife liked the soup. Then had the Cowboy Ribeye, potato gratin, creamed spinach and a side of spatzle. Ribeye - tender but less than flavorful, not well trimmed with a very tough gristle running through it. Potatoes - fine but nothing special. Spinach - very bitter and the cream sauce scant and thin. Spatzle - completely tasteless and burned, like eating shreds of cardboard. Staff were almost too attentive bordering on intrusive. For $200+tip expected much more. We've dined at Ben Benson's, Delmonico's, RuthsChris and others, all were betterSpecial Features:
- We love itDrJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014We come here about once every six weeks and it gets better every time. The service is great and the food is even better. If you want to spend a little more, this is the place. You get an enormous return. Try it - you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Approachable Fine Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014X2O is the perfect combination of great food and great service without the stuffiness of those "fancy French" restaurants. The dining room is spacious but warm, the views are tremendous and the wait staff is first class. The food is great but not complicated and although a bit more expensive than your average place, it is well worth the few extra bucks. The bar is also a great place to have a cocktail before or after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!!!Karen66VIPDined on 9/12/2014X2O never misses--outstanding food, great service and excellent view. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Great food, no wineArtOVIPDined on 9/11/2014While the food was great as always, the wine list was virtually non-existent. It was astonishingly barren with just a few choices in the reds and maybe only one or two less than hundreds of dollars. The wine list was a total embarrassment for a restaurant of this calibre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014X2O never lets you down! Wonderful view! Great ambience and service!Special Features:
- MosesjonesMosesjonesDined on 9/9/2014The food was excellent. The view was lovely. We selected the short ribs (tender and tasteful) and sweetbreads (delicately seasoned) along with the Yukon Gold Puree Potatoes. The pepper scones were dry but did not impact in the overall meal. Our only disappointment was the lack of a reasonable selection of wines below $100. There were three bottles all hovering near that price, with the remaining selection jumping into the high 200s and above. This factor was offset by an excellent choice of wine by the glass. Otherwise, a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Always a great fine dining experience. View on Hudson is spectacular with both gwb and tappan zee bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kammDined on 9/7/2014X20 has become our family place to celebrate special occasions. The food is excellent and the staff are lovely. Then add in one of the most scenic locations in the tri-state are and you have perfection. In the future I muist remember to book early for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.PaulDined on 9/7/2014We had been there for lunch and dinner. Friends raved about brunch. It didn't disappoint. View, food and service were all great. Can't ask for more.Special Features:
- service attentive but slowCJS123Dined on 9/6/2014The people who took care of us were very gracious and wanted us to enjoy ourselves. However, we had to wait quite a while for menus, to order, between courses, to get dessert menu, to get the check. Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014This was about our fourth visit to this restaurant and it was the best of the four. The menu was superior to past versions and the service was polished for the first time. We particularly liked the seafood crepe and wild king salmon. Our only regret was fully indulging in our desserts, which actually leaned toward being too much.Special Features:
- It was a dining experience.RoseDined on 9/6/2014We were very relaxed having dinner here without someone coming over every 2 minutes to ask if everything was o.k. which is a plus also that they waited until both guests were finished with their plate before they cleared it off, a pet peeve of mine which happens at the best of restaurants. I will go back and try the brunch and definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014As always the food was delicious! The view is spectacular. The service was poor at best which was an unpleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceGPEFyMDined on 9/5/2014The food and the view are outstanding! Went here for the first time for our anniversary dinner and it was a great experience. Service is impeccable. Food is an interesting blend of familiar and unique. Grandmere pate and seafood crepe appetisers were delicious. Very rich flavour from pork and duck pates. Divers scallops and Pork Loin entrees superb. Had a chance to meet Chef Kelly as he came round and greeted each table. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Most special eveningSurafaigaDined on 9/5/2014Everything was superb. It was a wonderful night to get together with our son, his girlfriend and her parents. A kind of "first" for us all, it was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but worth itLarryDined on 9/5/2014We have been going to X2O for our anniversary for several years and it is a real treat. The food is to die for and the view of the river cannot be beat. It is expensive, so we save it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Special eventncb66Dined on 9/5/2014Went to XO for my anniversary and was just amazed on the service and the consistency of all the staffs interaction with us. We were seated promptly and orders were taken and delivered in a timely manner. The view of the Hudson was icing on the cake. Will definitely recommend for a "special occasion".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinarySteveDined on 9/5/2014The service was flawless and the food preparation innovative and delicious!Special Features:
- luvfoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always a treat!! Peter Kelly, the chef always comes by to see that your meal is everything you expected and it always is. On several occasions accommodated a special request to include a favorite appetizer in the pre-fix.Special Features:
- What a view!foodieDined on 9/4/2014Beautiful room, superb service and great food! A combination like that is hard to beat.Special Features:
- Great for lunch with friends10edgehillDined on 9/4/2014Very good food, excellent service and ambiance. Spectacular views of the river from every table. Prices just right for fine dining at lunch. Dinner menu much pricier and perhaps not worth it as food was very good, but not unusually excellent or experimental. Navigation system failed to get us there, but close enough to figure out what to do, although we never did find the valet parking, but just parked on the street and put $2.00 in the meter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better 7 years agofarmerCDined on 8/31/2014I went to this restaurant when it was fairly new and loved it. The food was wonderful, as was the service. This second time was not as good. I ordered the duck confit special which was too salty and the "pommes frites" that came with it actually tasted stale. Some of the worst restaurant fries I have had. The waiter was chewing gum while talking with us, and I have never been a fan of anyone chewing gum while speaking. We felt rushed because someone came multiple times during each course to try to take away our dishes, when we weren't even done. On the plus side, the octopus appetizer and creme brulee dessert were wonderful.Special Features:
- Another perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Took an out of town couple who thoroughly enjoyed the excellent food, service and viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was GREAT!!! Was looking for something different and it was spot on.Special Features:
- FantasticrontVIPDined on 8/31/2014We frequent this restaurant for all our special occasions and even for some just nice dinners. Everything is always excellent and we recommend it highly. It is expensive but worth every cent. The staff is one of the best trained and everyone feels special. The food and service can't be beat.Special Features:
- ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoy the Sunday Brunch several times a year, it's a great ladies afternoon. The food was very good and the service was wonderful. I sit in the same area each time because the head waiter is marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMtavelDined on 8/30/2014Really happy we picked x20! The food was amazing and the cocktails were incredible! Loved the blue cheese biscuits and the dessert was a brownie sandwich with banana pudding. Insanely good! So happy with the service, the entire wait staff was very attentive!!!!Special Features:
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceMonjaLuGatzDined on 8/30/2014Excellent swordfish and steak. Service was attentive. The view was breathtaking. Go here for a special occasion. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- TriggerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Best restaurant in lower Westchester. Never disappoints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomespankyhankyDined on 8/29/2014Fantastic service, food and, for lack of a better word at the moment, everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!EricDined on 8/29/2014Everything was great! The atmosphere, the views, and the overall elegance of the restaurant were all significant in making this a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Crown jewelPeggyDined on 8/29/2014X2O is a gem and is helping to lead the road to recovery of a potentially beautiful riverside enclave. The food, service and ambiance are absolute perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!Karen66VIPDined on 8/29/2014Never misses- great view, great service and fabulous food. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Great Anniversary dinner !GiorgioDined on 8/28/2014Beautiful night to celebrate our 26th anniversary !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hudson River ViewsDougRVIPDined on 8/28/2014I just had a $25 three course gourmet lunch with spectacular views of the Hudson. Excellent food, superb service & great views in a beautiful space. If you're anywhere nearby I Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is a special place. I took my friend here for her birthday and she was thrilled. Beautiful views and spectacular service just made the great food all the more enjoyable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.