X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
71 Water Grant Street
Yonkers, NY 10701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xaviars.com/
- Phone: 9149651111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter X. Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson is Peter X Kelly’s latest addition to the Xaviars Restaurant Group. It sits in the water on the only turn of the century Victorian pier still in use on the Hudson River. X2O’s Main Dining Salon's 25 foot vaulted ceiling and 3 walls of glass frame offers views of the George Washington and Tappan Zee Bridges, as well as sunsets over the Palisades. Guests encounter dishes incorporating classic French technique with Italian and Spanish influences, and Asian embellishments which create a wholly original cuisine unique to the Hudson Valley. The Dylan Lounge is a vibrant, up-tempo space with a sophisticated and playful bent that offers guests more dining options. Guests are invited to sample a variety of small plates and sushi, while dining at the Communal Table, sushi bar, or at traditional banquette and table seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson - Best Restaurants in Yonkers ›
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
428 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (376)special occasion (344)fit for foodies (272)romantic (238)notable wine list (125)good for groups (124)great for brunch (120)great for lunch (111)neighborhood gem (107)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- My tastebuds are delighted!DateNightDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were looking for to have dinner at an upscale restaurant with a view. After searching NYC and reading tons of bad reviews for other places, I remembered having drinks and appetizers at X20 Xaviers on the Hudson. The food was delicious and the presentations were impressive. The staff had some communication issues, we ordered a bottle of Pino Noir and they sent us Resiling. Instead of keeping the chilled bottle at our table, like most restaurants do, they kept it in the kitchen, not sure why? Overall the ambience, the FOOD and the experiences was great. we will return soon.Special Features:
- Best birthday dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and it was wonderful. The staff was knowledgeable, personable and on top of everything (my water was never empty). I ordered flowers to be waiting at the table and they were there when we arrived and she was wished a happy birthday multiple times. The view is fantastic, seated directly in between the GW and Tappan Zee. The food was fantastic, we had the quails and the pork duet. Dessert was also delicious, as were our drinks. 11/10 will be back and recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute saveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014My birthday weekend to Chicago was cancelled due to flight issues and X20 did a great job of filling in for a last minute dinner. Beautiful room. Amazing bread and biscuits; scallops we so sweet and they kindly gave my husband a requested substitute for the vegetable on his plate because he hates cauliflower. Only small complaint is we did note on the reservation is was a birthday dinner but they didn't acknowledge that in any way and we forgot to say anything upon arrival. Still a lovely evening and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Westchester-the bar is lowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014It's a nice place - great views. The service staff tries very hard and rises to adequacy. The food is good - but not great - adequately prepared free of subtlety. If as much time were spent on the prep and substance as was spent on the circa 1990's presentation techniques - the results could be wonderful. Overall - the expense is worth it because of the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one glitchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014All in all this was a wonderful meal. Good service, friendly and helpful staff, great view and food. Only one thing marred the evening - they forgot to bring us back our doggie-bag, so no delicious lunch for the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining 4 a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014We have been going toX2O atleast once a year for about 3 years. fine dining quality food, amazing ombiance, and has that wow factor. I recommend to anyone that wants all that plus more cause this place has what most resturants only dream of.Special Features:
- Bad response to anniversary requestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Very disappointed. I had made the res a few days in advance. I told them in my note that I wanted to be seated at or as close to the window as possible. I told them it was our 15th wedding anniversary. It was a 6pm res, so I thought it would be no problem. However, they seated us in in the middle. When I pointed out an open 2 top on the south window, the greeter said that the people were "in the bar," whatever that means. There was a row of 4 tops open, but they said they could not seat us there. They got us a better seat, but not a window. When we left at 730, one of the window tables was still empty! If they had told me in advance it was a problem, I would have come in earlier, not a problem for us.
- Great food and viewBluedevilDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic views of The Hudson. Can see GW bridge. Food is creative and delicious. Lunch menu is great value. Expensive but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really MediocreRandyDined on 9/21/2014Service was very polite and the food was plentiful. Ambiance and quality of the food was so-so. View would be great if the day had been nicer but that should be in addition to, not instead of. Price was reasonable at $110 per couple, unlimited Proseco and dessert included.Special Features:
- A beautiful eveningJessBDined on 9/20/2014Celebrated a fantastic birthday at this wonderful restaurant. The staff was knowledgeable and professional, and the food was out of this world. Every bite was better than the last. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic evening out. Watching the sunset over the Hudson offered spectacular views. I cannot say enough nice things about this restaurant. Will absolutely be going back!Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceBarbDined on 9/20/2014For a special occasion, you can't beat X20 Xaviar's. Food was delicious; service friendly and efficient. Having been to Slovenia, we especially liked the inclusion of the Lake Bled dessert. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view along is worth itGlutenFreeNYDined on 9/20/2014We went here for my husband's birthday and were very impressed. View is spectacular and almost all tables have it - request a table right by the window when making the rez for maximum view potential. Go before sundown like we did to get the full impact. Even if there was no view, I'd have been happy. Service was top notch - attentive without being annoying, extremely knowledgeable and very professional. Food was excellent. I'm gluten free and the waitress 100% knew what was safe to eat and I had a lot of choices. Their homemade ice cream is not GF but I had great sorbet or could have had creme brulee. Pork 2 ways was amazing - esp. the pork belly. My lamb special was very good but not as amazing as the pork. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Go Just GoHappyCamperDined on 9/20/2014You'd be hard pressed to find a prettier view anywhere else on the Hudson, south the the city or north to Tarry town and the bridge. The service was really, really good, the server was, it seemed, there as soon as I thought I needed something else. And the food, the food was outstanding, the scallops sweet and the Cowboy Rib Eye for (2) tasted like butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just missed the markIlltake2Dined on 9/19/2014The food wasn't bad but every dish was missing that special something and for price they were charging the food should have been amazing. The drinks at the bar were decent. The staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive. It could have been a great find since it is on the water but it fell short.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewHSHudsonDined on 9/19/2014The view was amazing and so was the service. Food was well prepared and delicious. I had a fig salad which was fresh and the octopus salad which was juicy and well cooked. The riesling cheesecake was a great way to end a great meal.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionsSteveDined on 9/18/2014We celebrated our first anniversary here and we had a lovely dining experience. While the food is excellent the service is outstanding and is as good as any restaurant in Manhattan. The staff is friendly, considerate and well informed. The pace of the meal is ideal neither rushed nor long gaps between courses. We will be back next year!Special Features:
- DeliciousMargeDined on 9/18/2014Superb food and service. The room is gorgeous with spectacular views both during the day as well as night. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Groupon DinnerWestchesterEatsDined on 9/18/2014Often, when using Groupon at high end restaurants we end up having to order from a specially modified (reduced) menu. Not here. The "3 course meal" included fresh baked bread, wine and Prosecco, appetizer, entree, a special birthday dessert, and complimentary tarts even after we had a full dessert. Appetizer and main course menu offered the full regular menu with only one dish having a surcharge. The food, of course, was first rate (seafood crepe, salmon, duck, passion fruit tart, napolean) and $7 of the $10 parking fee was covered by the restaurant. The service was perfectly attentive but not overly intrusive. We highly recommend X20, and the Sunday brunch is amazing too.Special Features:
- NYCfoodieDined on 9/14/2014We've eaten at all of chef Peter Kelly"s restaurants and the quality of the food at each is always excellent. X2O is no exception. Combine that with a scenic view of the Hudson River makes dinning at X2O an exceptional experience. I also liked that they allowed us to choose any appetizer, any entrée, and any dessert on their menu with our Groupon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/14/2014Reserved for three but received a table for two. Very small and uncomfortable. EVERYONE I spoke to was unpleasant just did not care if we stayed or left. I had guests from out of town and i'm sorry to say what should have been a lovely visit was really spoiled. i
- MarikaDined on 9/14/2014Lovely restaurant with very good service. The food is good but not exceptional. My pork main course was not warm and the mashed potato side dish was grainy and not tasty. The appetizers and bread were delicious. I had the lemon sabayon for dessert ; it was refreshing not too heavy.They should not charge for end of meal coffee since they raised the brunch from $35 to 45.Special Features:
- Outstanding!KristyDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful meal with perfect service, such a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodKPccDined on 9/13/2014We have been here several times and we are never disappointed. Everything form the service to the food to the ambiance and view of the Hudson always make this a special night out.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Had high expectations, didn't even come close to them. Went for anniversary dinner. Ambiance was nice. Started with a couple drinks the Tuna Tartar and the Squash Soup. Tuna was OK, my wife liked the soup. Then had the Cowboy Ribeye, potato gratin, creamed spinach and a side of spatzle. Ribeye - tender but less than flavorful, not well trimmed with a very tough gristle running through it. Potatoes - fine but nothing special. Spinach - very bitter and the cream sauce scant and thin. Spatzle - completely tasteless and burned, like eating shreds of cardboard. Staff were almost too attentive bordering on intrusive. For $200+tip expected much more. We've dined at Ben Benson's, Delmonico's, RuthsChris and others, all were betterSpecial Features:
- We love itDrJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014We come here about once every six weeks and it gets better every time. The service is great and the food is even better. If you want to spend a little more, this is the place. You get an enormous return. Try it - you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Approachable Fine Dining!KRExecutiveChefDined on 9/12/2014X2O is the perfect combination of great food and great service without the stuffiness of those "fancy French" restaurants. The dining room is spacious but warm, the views are tremendous and the wait staff is first class. The food is great but not complicated and although a bit more expensive than your average place, it is well worth the few extra bucks. The bar is also a great place to have a cocktail before or after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!!!Karen66VIPDined on 9/12/2014X2O never misses--outstanding food, great service and excellent view. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Great food, no wineArtOVIPDined on 9/11/2014While the food was great as always, the wine list was virtually non-existent. It was astonishingly barren with just a few choices in the reds and maybe only one or two less than hundreds of dollars. The wine list was a total embarrassment for a restaurant of this calibre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014X2O never lets you down! Wonderful view! Great ambience and service!Special Features:
- MosesjonesMosesjonesDined on 9/9/2014The food was excellent. The view was lovely. We selected the short ribs (tender and tasteful) and sweetbreads (delicately seasoned) along with the Yukon Gold Puree Potatoes. The pepper scones were dry but did not impact in the overall meal. Our only disappointment was the lack of a reasonable selection of wines below $100. There were three bottles all hovering near that price, with the remaining selection jumping into the high 200s and above. This factor was offset by an excellent choice of wine by the glass. Otherwise, a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Always a great fine dining experience. View on Hudson is spectacular with both gwb and tappan zee bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kammDined on 9/7/2014X20 has become our family place to celebrate special occasions. The food is excellent and the staff are lovely. Then add in one of the most scenic locations in the tri-state are and you have perfection. In the future I muist remember to book early for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.PaulDined on 9/7/2014We had been there for lunch and dinner. Friends raved about brunch. It didn't disappoint. View, food and service were all great. Can't ask for more.Special Features:
- service attentive but slowCJS123Dined on 9/6/2014The people who took care of us were very gracious and wanted us to enjoy ourselves. However, we had to wait quite a while for menus, to order, between courses, to get dessert menu, to get the check. Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014This was about our fourth visit to this restaurant and it was the best of the four. The menu was superior to past versions and the service was polished for the first time. We particularly liked the seafood crepe and wild king salmon. Our only regret was fully indulging in our desserts, which actually leaned toward being too much.Special Features:
- It was a dining experience.RoseDined on 9/6/2014We were very relaxed having dinner here without someone coming over every 2 minutes to ask if everything was o.k. which is a plus also that they waited until both guests were finished with their plate before they cleared it off, a pet peeve of mine which happens at the best of restaurants. I will go back and try the brunch and definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014As always the food was delicious! The view is spectacular. The service was poor at best which was an unpleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceGPEFyMDined on 9/5/2014The food and the view are outstanding! Went here for the first time for our anniversary dinner and it was a great experience. Service is impeccable. Food is an interesting blend of familiar and unique. Grandmere pate and seafood crepe appetisers were delicious. Very rich flavour from pork and duck pates. Divers scallops and Pork Loin entrees superb. Had a chance to meet Chef Kelly as he came round and greeted each table. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Most special eveningSurafaigaDined on 9/5/2014Everything was superb. It was a wonderful night to get together with our son, his girlfriend and her parents. A kind of "first" for us all, it was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but worth itLarryDined on 9/5/2014We have been going to X2O for our anniversary for several years and it is a real treat. The food is to die for and the view of the river cannot be beat. It is expensive, so we save it for special occasions.Special Features: