X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
71 Water Grant Street
Yonkers, NY 10701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xaviars.com/
- Phone: 9149651111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter X. Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson is Peter X Kelly’s latest addition to the Xaviars Restaurant Group. It sits in the water on the only turn of the century Victorian pier still in use on the Hudson River. X2O’s Main Dining Salon's 25 foot vaulted ceiling and 3 walls of glass frame offers views of the George Washington and Tappan Zee Bridges, as well as sunsets over the Palisades. Guests encounter dishes incorporating classic French technique with Italian and Spanish influences, and Asian embellishments which create a wholly original cuisine unique to the Hudson Valley. The Dylan Lounge is a vibrant, up-tempo space with a sophisticated and playful bent that offers guests more dining options. Guests are invited to sample a variety of small plates and sushi, while dining at the Communal Table, sushi bar, or at traditional banquette and table seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson - Best Restaurants in Yonkers ›
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
425 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (366)special occasion (337)fit for foodies (265)romantic (255)notable wine list (127)good for groups (119)great for brunch (112)neighborhood gem (109)great for lunch (99)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Brunch at x2oOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014The brunch deal is out this world. The view is soectacular and the wait staff is attentive and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBestmealifmylifeDined on 10/19/2014Brunch is always great here...Great quality food, never left your glass empty,fantastic views and service. Only gave a 4 out of 5 for food as I've been here for brunch multiple times and the menu seems to always be the same. Great food, but the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We took our friends there for a post wedding celebration. We had a wonderful time and never felt rushed. Waiters were very professional. Food was delicious. My husband had the octopus salad and I had the butternut squash soup, both were delicious. My friend had the Quail and she said it was very good. Her husband had the steak and really enjoyed it. I had made note on the reservation that we were celebrating and they brought a nice surprise over dessert. Overall, a great experience. A bit pricey, so I would save it for special occasions. I would try to get there at sunset for NYC skyline views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great ;too much service...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014place was missing any decor besides the view.too much service a lil intrusive no privacy at all you were forced to hear a complaining couple details..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Place was beautiful. Awesome view of the Hudson and the City set the stage for a FANTASTIC dinner. The Staff was superb and the visit by Chef Kelly was icing on the cake. Food was delicious and I plan on returning again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Good for those looking for a "happening" place. In general it was frenetic and not the quiet, romantic place we were hoping for to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:
- A DestinationFresserDined on 10/16/2014Food and service was exceptional. Views from table side were beautiful. Decor and appointments were a pleasant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerjulyDined on 10/15/2014service was great, as were appetizers.. we both ordered the sirloin.. both came out too well done. spouse had steak re done. came out the way it was ordered, but this time it was w/o seasoning. we were given an extra dessert to compensate, and yes we each ordered a dessert.all 3 were delicious.Special Features:
- Really nice place!dspreisDined on 10/15/2014Had a great lunch here the other day. X20 is right on the Hudson in Yonkers with a beautiful view of the river from most tables. The menu is excellent and the food was delicious. Service was excellent and very attentive. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Service is great!JinoDined on 10/14/2014Very attentive staff, from reception, waiters to manager, and the food is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bargain lunchAud1VIPDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful value! Very good food, lovely ambiance,a mid-day oasis!Special Features:
- great evening alwaysNorthlakepeopleVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great Food Great Friends.....service....views.......what else could you possibly want in a restaurant.......PERFECT NIGHTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, againarrbeejayDined on 10/12/2014We've never had a disappointing meal or experience at X2O. Wonderful food, excellent service.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceciaobellaDined on 10/11/2014It was our 30th anniv & X2O fit the bill perfectly. Our group of 10, at a large round table, with 2 bottles of champagne, ignited the festive mood. Our choices included the seafood crepe, the butternut squash soup and the fig salad (special) for appetizers, the duet of pork, the braised short ribs and the NY strip for entrees, and the pumpkin tart, organic carrot cake and a flourless chocolate dessert. Each course was on point and beautifully presented. The service was excellent--attentive without rushing us, including the hostess and coat check attendants, who were warm and welcoming. The entire staff let us fully enjoy our time at X2O, our guests, our meal and the wine. We felt like a king and queen. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FairLsalesVIPDined on 10/11/2014I had made reservations 2 months in advance for Saturday night. We get there and were seated upstairs though I repeatedly said I do not like it upstairs. You seem like you are an afterthought -- and kids seem to be placed here as well. The service was mediocre at best. I felt that all the staff was being trained. Long waits for water. I asked for specials and was told they would be told later -- it was way over 10 minutes before we heard them. Asked t make sure the coffee was hot. It came luke warm. It took 15 minutes to find anyone and ask for fresh, hot coffee. The menu hasn't changed much and after a few times this year all of us felt it was a bit uninteresting. We decided to take a long break before returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Fabulous! The cowboy ribeye was incredibly delicious!Special Features:
- What a view!Ls133Dined on 10/11/2014Saw this restaurant on an Anthony bourdain show. This restaurant lived up to the image/hype. Very special place, excellent food. Beautiful looking dishes. Service was excellent and responsive. But the hudson river views were very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food & beautiful views!HandleVIPDined on 10/11/2014We've been here many times for brunch & dinner. We travel for over an hour to dine here. We're always pleased with the food and the service. The restaurant is located on a dock overlooking the Hudson, the Palisades, and the Manhattan skyline.Special Features:
- The food is always excellenttasdiwineVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food and service were excellent. we have been coming here for years the only thing I would say about the decor is the entry way elevator is really shabby so the entrance is not as inviting as it once was.Inside the restaurant is lovely but it may be in need of a slight redo as well.Do not let that stop you from dining there as this was just a observation..it is absolutely wonderful .Ask for a table with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinDined on 10/10/2014This terrific place never fails to deliver. Wonderful service, amazing views and superlative food never disappoint me. Lunch and Sunday brunch are a STEAL. A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Overall, it was really good. I just wish they read my request for a table by the window.Special Features:
- JedorDined on 10/9/2014I very much enjoyed my meal from the Pate' to the Diver Scallops all was cooked to perfection. The service was excellent. I look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:
- An oasis in YonkersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014great food, great service, great views, beautiful roomSpecial Features:
- the perfect restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014the view, the food,the staff and most of all the food is superb. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Disappointing this time.EELGVIPDined on 10/7/2014Went for husband's birthday. Got res & called in advance, letting them know & requesting a window table. Although party before us was 20 ms early for her res, she got a window table - we waited 30 ms. Sat at bar, and I ordered a specialty cocktail w ginger - really disappointing. Indicated I didn't care for it - bartender didn't seem to care. He was more interested in watching TV and chatting w other staff. Left the drink at the bar. Dinner was just ok - service was erratic. We said we'd like to order wine, after our second cocktail (also just ok). Halfway thru dinner, waiter asked about wine. Too late. Dessert came (no candle & I had let the hostess know it was a bday) and the panna cotta was tasteless. Wont be back any time soon.
- Great food and service.Love2eatDined on 10/7/2014This was our first time there and the service and food was amazing. We will definilty go back and recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in WestchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Glorious food and ambiance. A real class place! Always enjoy our meals there.Special Features:
- 32 wedding anniversarySummer1234Dined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful night out with my husband. Although not all tables have a scenic view, ours looked out over the George Washington Bridge. I am sure they took into consideration that it was our wedding anniversary. The food was delish and even though we didnt have room for dessert, the waiter came out with a creme brulee with two candles in it. So special....we will return.Special Features:
- Need to Improve Customer ServicehonestfeedbackDined on 10/4/2014This was our fourth time at X20. As usual the food was very good. The waiter and floor captains were quite good. It seemed everyone was ready for dessert at the same time and it was slow getting our dessert menus, but that really was not a big deal. However, when we left there were three hostesses standing at the front desk. There were not customers in the area except for our party leaving, not one hostess said good night, hope you enjoyed your dinner or please come back again. One would think after dropping a fe hundred dollars a simple good night and thank you would be in order.Special Features:
- Delicious as always!SarahVIPDined on 10/4/2014X2O never disappoints. Gorgeous view, delicious food, wonderful service. Have an enjoyable dining experience every time I go!Special Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Was not on par with other meals from the Xaviers group - but still pretty good. THis was for a special occasion but was a bit of a disappointment - possibly because my expectation was so high.Special Features:
- Still a gem in WestchesterTomHDined on 10/4/2014High standards for food quality, professional service and atmosphere continue to go beyond being met. Always a pleasure to dine.here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulVegaDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful place with some of the best food you'll find in the tri-state area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okayFrocoVIPDined on 10/3/2014Overall I had a very nice dining experience as the entrees were fantastic and the service - at least at the beginning - was excellent. A few things to note - 1. The waiter knew nothing about the wines. When asked about the 2 Chardonnays on the menu the waiter couldn't tell me the difference between the two other than the price. 2. The wait staff seemed to have forgotten about us at the end of the meal. It took about 20 minutes to get the dessert menu after our dinner plates were taken away. And all we wanted was the check. Overall it was a nice experience. Very fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellenceBarbVIPDined on 10/2/2014As on our other visits, X20 did not disappoint. We have always been treated the same, whether we have a coupon or not, unlike some other restaurants. The quality of the food and the service are excellent.Special Features:
- Location, location, fine dinigmacjackDined on 10/2/2014It's a lot about the incredible location literally right on the Hudson, with tons of fantastic scenic views up and down and across the mighty river, but in addition the food here is excellent. Come hungry. And thirsty: fine wine.Special Features:
- What a View!FoodloverVIPDined on 10/1/2014You cannot beat the view at X20 Xaviers on the Hudson. It is literally "on the Hudson," with a gorgeous panorama of the river, the bridges, and the palisades. There is not a bad seat in the house, since it is constructed with walls of glass on 3 sides. The service is impeccable, with even the maitre d' serving and asking if anything was needed. The food is very good and plated beautifully. A real bargain is the 3 course prix fixe lunch menu served Tuesday through Friday for $25. We've been know to drive 1-1/2 hours just to enjoy it and the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummySandyDined on 9/30/2014X20 never fails. Outstanding service, menu that never gets stale. Delicious!Special Features:
- Why Always the Ice Cold Butter??JamesVIPDined on 9/30/2014Of course, the ambiance was wonderful. The service 3 star Michelin, even the busboy Benjamin was beyond exemplary. In fact, thankfully Benjamin was able to heat the rock solid freezing butter. I have been here several times and never tasted the butter because it was too hard. It turns out it is good butter. The seafood crepe was fabulous. My salmon was so fresh and cooked perfectly. The glaze was great. I will be back soon because of this special salmon. We love the place, but I am always asking myself why the butter is so cold as if it were from a local diner!Special Features:
- My tastebuds are delighted!DateNightDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were looking for to have dinner at an upscale restaurant with a view. After searching NYC and reading tons of bad reviews for other places, I remembered having drinks and appetizers at X20 Xaviers on the Hudson. The food was delicious and the presentations were impressive. The staff had some communication issues, we ordered a bottle of Pino Noir and they sent us Resiling. Instead of keeping the chilled bottle at our table, like most restaurants do, they kept it in the kitchen, not sure why? Overall the ambience, the FOOD and the experiences was great. we will return soon.Special Features: