X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
71 Water Grant Street
Yonkers, NY 10701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.xaviars.com/
- Phone: 9149651111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter X. Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from X2O Xaviars on the Hudson
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson is Peter X Kelly’s latest addition to the Xaviars Restaurant Group. It sits in the water on the only turn of the century Victorian pier still in use on the Hudson River. X2O’s Main Dining Salon's 25 foot vaulted ceiling and 3 walls of glass frame offers views of the George Washington and Tappan Zee Bridges, as well as sunsets over the Palisades. Guests encounter dishes incorporating classic French technique with Italian and Spanish influences, and Asian embellishments which create a wholly original cuisine unique to the Hudson Valley. The Dylan Lounge is a vibrant, up-tempo space with a sophisticated and playful bent that offers guests more dining options. Guests are invited to sample a variety of small plates and sushi, while dining at the Communal Table, sushi bar, or at traditional banquette and table seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson - Best Restaurants in Yonkers ›
X2O Xaviars on the Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
420 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (370)special occasion (343)fit for foodies (259)romantic (240)great for brunch (128)good for groups (113)notable wine list (109)great for lunch (104)neighborhood gem (93)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Great Anniversary dinner !GiorgioDined on 8/28/2014Beautiful night to celebrate our 26th anniversary !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hudson River ViewsDougRVIPDined on 8/28/2014I just had a $25 three course gourmet lunch with spectacular views of the Hudson. Excellent food, superb service & great views in a beautiful space. If you're anywhere nearby I Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is a special place. I took my friend here for her birthday and she was thrilled. Beautiful views and spectacular service just made the great food all the more enjoyable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again Great!MillieurDined on 8/24/2014This is the second time I dined here on a Groupon. The restaurant is gorgeous. The service is very good. The food is wonderful and innovative. There are too many choices that all sound so good. My only complaint is that diners should be told that the tip has been put on the bill and that the cowboy steak (fabulous) carries a surcharge on the Groupon. I will however return as the meal is jsut great.Special Features:
- AverageRoccoVIPDined on 8/24/2014Average at best, limited menu not really much to choose from, the views are great however windows were filthy dirty. Really took away from the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- Beautiful Hudson View!sb504Dined on 8/24/2014Great place to celebrate something special or a romantic dinner. Food and Service were excellent. Prices were reasonable for a good restaurant.Special Features:
- ScienceladyDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The attention to detail and professionalism of the staff made for a wonderful dining experience. My dietary restrictions were accommodated exceptionally well without compromising the taste. We would go again and would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Beautiful view, very good service, very good food. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary dinner and were so pleased we will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Never disappoints...florinDined on 8/22/2014We have enjoyed X2O in the evening (and love the holiday dinner/entertainment in December), but discovered the prix fixe lunch this time. Thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "X" Marks the SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014After a number of visits, the verdict is the same: This is a great place to dine. A colleague and I were seated at one of the three floor-to-ceiling windows, with a view north to the Tappan Zee Bridge, and south to the GWB. Service is optimal. And the food: just wonderful! I had the steak and my colleague had the scallops. Both entrees were perfectly cooked. To start, we had the octopus and the BLT salad. And we shared a dessert special: peach cobbler with ice cream. The bar, by the way, made a perfect Negroni. The valet parking is an added thoughtfulness. I can't think of how things could be better!Special Features:
- Unbelievable LunchgcminVIPDined on 8/21/2014We are frequent visitors to Peter Kelly's restaurants, and love lunch at X2O. Had a black truffle risotto followed by grilled swordfish and it may have been the finest pair of dishes I've had at X2O. My two companions both had his signature coconut shrimp followed by another Kelly standard, miso salmon. It just doesn't get much better than that.Special Features:
- Good food, lots of mistakesEisetteDined on 8/21/2014Nice room and beautiful setting BUT does not live up to its promise: We came for lunch, only two tables were occupied They set us up next to one of the big tables, instead of giving us more space and more privacy. The chairs are in dire need of refurbishing (chipped paint and stained)and the carpet was dirty. The busboy was too brisk with the water ,should be trained not to shower the guest. I asked If the duck confit was crispy and was told that it would be by the maître d', it arrived not crispy at all. They took it back to the kitchen and did it right but I didn't lunch with my guest , too bad. The chocolate cake was overcooked , The lemon pie was delicious. Lightbulb missing in entrance of bathroom Global Management problemSpecial Features:
- Great restaurauntHappyeaterDined on 8/19/2014Great restaurant , it's a little pricey but overall it's worth the money. There are not many food choices to Choose from and most of the dinner dishes are steak and duck. If you are pickey eater this may not be the place for you, but everything overall was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going away dinnerKathDined on 8/19/2014This place is definitely classy and well worth every cent spent. I had the Quail and my partner had the Sirloin, both of wish were absolutely savory and well prepared. Thank you for a special night!! The service was also great--the employees were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantHudsondrawnDined on 8/19/2014Location, location, location. Service, service, service! From the young lady as you first come in, to the attentive staff, to the Owner greeting his guests with a warm smile. We try to get there every week. Even the "special room" with a view where you clean your hands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatEricDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful environment, with a water view on three sides. Can look toward Manhattan and see the GW bridge and skyscpers in the background. Magical as night falls. Food beautifully presented and excellent, especially the appetizers. We had the seafood crepe, the tuna tartare and pasta with crabmeat. The sauces were rich and flavorful, and the tuna was beautifully seasoned. As a main course, the pork served two ways, apork belly with crispy skin and roast pork wrapped in bacon was superb. Didn't have room for what appeared to be excellent desserts,Special Features:
- A Gem in WestchesterFanfromScarsdaleDined on 8/17/2014This was perhaps our 10th visit to X20; every occasion has been memorable. The restaurant is not advertised as specializing in steak, but you'd be missing out if you didn't have one. Pair it with a fine wine and you'll know what we're talking about...Special Features:
- A special birthday celebrationmaribDined on 8/17/2014This was a special birthday for me (milestones in both age & health). X20 is one of my favorites so we planned our dinner to coincide with sunset, requesting & receiving a window table - view was facing south to the GW Bridge, but we could also see the sunset behind the Hudson Palisades. I enjoyed the grilled octopus which was wonderful, & the Divers Scallops, which were so sweet & perfectly accompanied by a corn salsa. My husband had a BLT salad & perfectly cooked NY Sirloin. He planned to take home the 1/3 he hadn't finished but mistakenly left it next to the table. He was sorry, as he was already "tasting" it when he got home & realized he'd forgotten it. Our only complaint was that service was slow & a bit haphazard.Special Features:
- Good food, long waitsJeffDined on 8/17/2014Although our server was helpful and friendly, we had to wait a long time to place our orders, had to serve ourselves the wine twice, then had to wait a long time for the check. Not clear why the delays were so long - we did not ask and no explanation was offered. The food was excellent, especially the white tuna and seafood crepe appetizers. We had a spectacular sunset view of New Jersey and Manhattan.Special Features:
- OutstandingAugust14Dined on 8/17/2014Our first experience with this restaurant was truly fabulous. Having seen it on Anthony Bourdain's show always wanted to try it. We enjoyed the Sunday Brunch and it was far more than a brunch. Eveyrthing and everybody from time we entered until left were great. A great value for the amount of and quality of the food. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationUWSdinerDined on 8/16/2014Lovely venue on the Hudson. Food was good but not amazing (which is what we were expecting).Special Features:
- Special place to dinePokeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was to perfection, food, service, views. Only negative were the flowers. Not colorful enough to warm up the room which is cold because of all the glass. We had scallops and salmon, both excellent and a little different from the norm. Service was more than good, it was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestDrJohnVIPDined on 8/16/2014We cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. From the receptionists to the bartenders to the maître d to the wait staff and to the food - all better than excellent. I guess this is the reason we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT GOlsquaredVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner on a Friday night in the summer at 7:30. The area felt dangerous. Fortunately there were 3 police officers stationed directly outside of the restaurant which was obviously necessary for the safety of the patrons. It is a beautiful restaurant with spectacular views of the Hudson. However, the service was terrible. It was difficult to get anyone to help us and took forever between courses. It seemed as if there was only one waiter taking the orders for every table in the room. Also, the menu is limited and meat heavy. It is not worth going to a seedy area in Yonkers to pay a lot of money to eat a forgettable meal with terrible service.Special Features:
- excellent menuMelMelDined on 8/14/2014The hostess greeted us and was lovely. The food was fantastic! The bartender lacked personality and our server never introduced himself with a name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous and Delicious!DrGerrieDined on 8/13/2014Went here for my husband's birthday and was not disappointed. Somewhat surprised at the limited menu, and the asian flare.....not my husband's fav. But we ordered the cowboy steak and it was absolutely terrific! Check out the menu before you go but we highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceelkeDined on 8/13/2014Food, ambience were just what we had expected. Had a table with a view of the river and the bridges which really enhanced our experience. Would definitely repeat our visit in the near future..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the mighty are slidinganotherdayVIPDined on 8/12/2014we have been to X20 probably 10 times and this visit suggests that things are moving in the wrong direction. the service was very distracted (the waiter was literally looking out the window while taking our order to the point where our guests even asked us whether the service at X20 was always this way) and required repeated requests more than once. the thai shrimp special appetizer was incredibly over spiced (the cumin wasn't even incorporated into the sauce almost as if they had forgotten to include it and thrown in on after) and the short rib was fatty, undercooked, and the plating was . . . well disorganized and unappealing. really a disappointing experience, especially at the price.Special Features:
- Good Overall ExperienceKcousinDined on 8/12/2014The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and on top of it. They were educated in the menu, and make excellent recommendations for both my husband and I. The drinks were watered down, and for the price I expected a little more. The food had some excellent points, but my husband's pork dish fell short because of the pork itself. The side dishes and sauce were delicious, but the pork was dry. I had a fish specialty on the tip of the waiter and it was wonderful. I had a tuna sashimi special as an appetizer that was done perfectly, my husband ordered the grilled octopus that tasted more like grilled chicken. The desserts were FANTASTIC, best part of the meal. Overall, we were happy with the evening. VERY pricey though to be served dry pork...Special Features:
- Always!SeashellDined on 8/12/2014Always perfect- never disappoints! Consistently great food, service, attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belvedere525Dined on 8/12/2014I love eating at your restaurant. Always great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gatehillDined on 8/10/2014having eaten in all of the groups restaurants i always leaving knowing that i have been treated to a special afternoon or evening. thank you for all my wonderful memories. i can now cross you off my bucket listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014hands down probably the best food i have ever eaten.Special Features:
- DIJOSAT09Dined on 8/9/2014Wife and I stopped in for an early Saturday dinner. Service was great. Food was all you would expect from PK...spectacular!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014We always enjoy our meal at X2O and tonight was no exception! It's always great when chef Peter Kelly checks in and asks us how we are enjoying our meal and thanks us for coming to his restaurant! Great, consistent dinning experience!!Special Features:
- CelebrationLizzieVIPDined on 8/8/2014I found out about this place on the show No Reservations and I immediately knew I had to go there. We decided to take my sister and brother in law there to celebrate their anniversary. I couldn't have picked a better location, the food was amazing and the view beyond reproach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The customer comes first.Mag415Dined on 8/8/2014"The customer comes first" seems to be the philosophy of the staff of this beautiful restaurant....the service was great, the food was delicious and the ambiance is wonderful.Special Features:
- A Special TreatEllieMaeDined on 8/7/2014I have wanted to dine at this restaurant for years and it was worth the wait. Beautiful restaurant with gorgeous views of the Hudson. The food was wonderful and service top notch. Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- Hudson River views from every tableIdaluciaVIPDined on 8/6/2014The $25.00 prix fixe 3 course lunch was amazingly delicious and filling! From the coconut shrimp, to the roasted chicken to the fabulous flan, everything was not only perfectly prepared and presented, but the service was also exceptional!Special Features: